It's time for dual swords to shine

in Warrior

Posted by: silkysoft.6749

silkysoft.6749

• I have made some alterations with the popular suggestions. *

Dual swords not only make you look sexy but they have the prospect to become one of the most loved weapon sets for warriors.

Weapon skills:

Sword mainhand:
1 – Sever Artery + Gash + Hamstring:
Include the offhand sword in the animation.

2 – Savage Leap
Correctly deal damage and condition out to 900 range.

3 – Final Thrust
We all know how kitten the animation is on this, so that needs a change. With it’s current cooldown it should have 1/2 second cast time. Otherwise reduce it to 10 seconds and keep the 3/4s cast, 100b (gs2) 8s(6s traited) and whirlwind (gs3) gets to be 10 second(8 seconds traited) why shouldn’t this be lower?

Sword Off Hand:
4.1 – Impale
Increase the direct damage to 252 while inflicting 3 stacks of torment and changed to 15s not 12s.
4.2 – Rip
Change name to R.I.P. Skill is now a leap finisher gap closer with 900 range with a 1/4s stun. Make it a cool animation like take a couple of steps and then leap at the target. The debuff applied to denote a target has been impaled needs to have a stack function so that multiple warriors can execute the next skill in the chain.

5 – Riposte
Rename to Parry. Add if a projectile is blocked it reflects back to sender, if block non projectile ranged attack then it’s absorbed as adrenaline. Keep second skill same.

F1 – Flurry
Include the offhand sword in the animation. Increase damage maybe close to eviscerate due to being able to attack with more hits in the same amount of time. Think of 100b but a dual sword flurry.

Traits:

Arms:
Blade Master (VIII)
Gain might on critical hits when sword in offhand equip. Sword skills recharge 20% faster.

All skills stay the same unless changes are listed. Don’t forget to +1 this post

Edits:
Changed 4 skill set to 4.1/4.2.
Changed bleed on 4.1 to torment and fast animation needs to be used.
Highlighted that 4.1 needs to be stackable non cleansable debuff.
Skill F1 needs to have higher damage due to extra weapon being used.
Corrected a fix for skill 2
Clarified 4.2 skill

(edited by silkysoft.6749)

in Warrior

Posted by: Talbin.8305

Talbin.8305

I like it! I wont hold my breath though…

in Warrior

Posted by: Slomoshun.6317

Slomoshun.6317

Sounds fun…which means nothing close to this will ever happen.

The sad truth.

in Warrior

Posted by: Demon.5082

Demon.5082

Sounds fun…which means nothing close to this will ever happen.

The sad truth.

Originally I wanted to run Sw/Sw + Rifle for my pvp warrior but after a lot of experimenting the offhand is just too meh. Stacking only bleeds does not help against a smart cleanse. I think the 4 skill should add 4 stacks of torment and RIP should have a minor leap finisher + add 4 more stacks of torment. This would be a very nice change.

Cevinian (elementalist), Gesmia Romirr (mesmer), Zerkarr (warrior) Devona’s Rest – US.
Breakdown of class roles in tpvp
Suggestions for improving/fixing elementalists

in Warrior

Posted by: dooger.2640

dooger.2640

Swords make for good videos of you running away, or killing horrid players.
people laugh at heart seeker span for a reason, and yet it powns the warriro double sword..

15 second cooldown on a super slow telegraphing animation on 3? rogue laughs while holding down 2 for a 900 range, no cooldown, no herky jerky animation, and gets stronger every hit attack.

8k, 4k, 5k, 5k, 5k, while you are hoping to do a little dot damage with 4?.. no i dont think so.

Gotta spam massive cc or massive damage to compete. necros doing more dot damage and spamming fear.

dual sword is a joke, shield or mace offhand gives a little cc so you have a tool that can be used to break up the massive onslaught better designed classes will unload on you.

We have to outplay our opponents cc and burst are musts, dots take too long to get good results vs good players.

(edited by dooger.2640)

in Warrior

Posted by: Scoobaniec.9561

Scoobaniec.9561

Rip should actually be a pull. A chain attached to sword when we throwing it. Sounds fun? On the other side i don’t know..Sword actually has the best mobility in combat.

in Warrior

Posted by: Fujikura.6754

Fujikura.6754

I want Dual Swords to work well. I think Bleed is a nice condition but every class has some form of condition removal and 4 skill should just deal damage and pull, the 5 skill should block as long as the shield does.

Sea of Sorrows
Swords of Villanousity [SoV]
www.villanousity.com

in Warrior

Posted by: ArtemisEntreri.4138

ArtemisEntreri.4138

I wish they would give us different #3 based on our weapons used like thieves. They should really do that for a dual wield classes.

Guardian / Warrior / Thief / Necromancer
Black Gate – Immortals of the Mist [IoM]

in Warrior

Posted by: Sephius.2876

Sephius.2876

I love how Rip works as it is. Very satisfying animation and decent damage, especially if you’re a power build. One of my fav abilities.

But yeah, to add to that, it would be good if there was a way that an off-hand animation could be integrated with the auto-attack chain, or in the Flurry. But that’s not going to happen, I actually don’t think it’s possible based on how weapons function in GW2.

in Warrior

Posted by: JETWING.2759

JETWING.2759

Good topic and post. I liked

My only change are in Sword #4 and #5, that could give 4 stack Torment for 8s instead Bleed (the bleed is buged).

I like Torment becaus this effect is perfect to represent some people with a sword impaled in his body and tryes to run.

in Warrior

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

I like sword #5, despite that one attacks ends the block. It is one of the smart blocks in the game. If there are enemies in melee range it hurts them attacking through the block. This is good game design.

But sword #4 is problematic:
impale – rip combination is notoriously difficult to land against moving targets e.g. buffed enemy melee train, which is the meta in WvWvW. They all have swiftness on and move very fast, getting sword #4 rip hit with maximum bleeds is just impossible. Impale has 900 range, but rip has 150 range and timing is also an issue.

I would like to see sword #4 reworked, either into ranged attacked + pull combination just like suggested. If impale hits, you can use rip to pull the target to you (while also doing damage). It would still be weaker than e.g. greatsword pull as it would be single target.

Alternatively there should be a way for a dual sword warrior to inflict more conditions as the bleed stacks get cleansed very easily, despite main hand sword can also inflict cripple and immobilize (from burst).

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

in Warrior

Posted by: Serval.6458

Serval.6458

Alternatively there should be a way for a dual sword warrior to inflict more conditions as the bleed stacks get cleansed very easily, despite main hand sword can also inflict cripple and immobilize (from burst).

It would be great if the dual wield trait improved some skills when wielding two of the same weapon eg. the second part of sword auto could inflict two stacks of bleeding, mace auto could have the third part happen faster etc.

in Warrior

Scoobaniec.9561

I would like to see pulverize (last hit of chain mace) to be reduced to 3/4 cast time with evade frame+300gap closer. But looking at the balance they will probably make it a hard hitting skill too with 2sec casttime like they did with final thrust.

in Warrior

Posted by: Dempsey.8760

Dempsey.8760

The biggest problem with impale #4 atm is if warrior a and b throw and warrior b rips the sword warrior a cannot because the target lost the non stacking impale stack. which really doesn’t make sense because if 2 people throw swords at me and 1 person picks 1 up the other doesn’t magically disappear.

in Warrior

silkysoft.6749

Thanks for the suggestions fellow third rate citizens of gw2 for helping us get 1 step closer to not being the red head step child. I have updated it with torment on impale, stack the impale condition with faster animation and more damage on flurry since its 2 swords hitting in a more efficient manner.

Also please keep this about dual sword weapon set only. Thank you

(edited by silkysoft.6749)

in Warrior

Posted by: UnrealUK.9506

UnrealUK.9506

Add a pull to Sword #4 – almost like a chain attached – more CC for the warrior, great for single-target combat (which seems to be the point of sword offhand). 900 range pull, would be dynamic, effective, fun and set it apart from other weapons.

Impale stays the same, naturally.

Tarian Thalberg ~ Warrior ~ Lux Arcana [LUX]
Gandara

in Warrior

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

I wish they would give us different #3 based on our weapons used like thieves. They should really do that for a dual wield classes.

Yeah this has always seemed like one of the most obviously stupid design decisions the devs made. Giving dual wield skills to every class would make balancing easier, as you would have more control over skill combinations, and players would appreciate the extra skills.

It’s also yet another (of the many) piece of evidence that the thief is blatantly favored by the developers. The warrior burst skills are little better than the thief steal skills, yet the thief was given three class mechanics on top of it, meanwhile the warrior was give nothing.

(edited by Conncept.7638)

in Warrior

silkysoft.6749

Add a pull to Sword #4 – almost like a chain attached – more CC for the warrior, great for single-target combat (which seems to be the point of sword offhand). 900 range pull, would be dynamic, effective, fun and set it apart from other weapons.

Impale stays the same, naturally.

Do like idea of a pull with a chain. But what would happen if the target blinked or leaped out of range? Whereas with a leap you can wait a bit and leap twice towards a fleeing target.

Maybe we could change 4.2 to a knockdown. So it would leap at the target and land on top of them style of move, while you stand over them and pull the sword out.

in Warrior

Posted by: Copenhagen.7015

Copenhagen.7015

I’m using Defektives build with OH Sword instead of Shield. Using Missile Deflection instead of Shield CD reduction. The Sword does not cancel after one ranged attack, so you can reflect all of a Rapid Fire or Unload. You can also cancel the block animation and do something else and you can still deflect projectiles. I just haven’t decided if I like Berserker amulet or Carrion amulet better.

in Warrior

Posted by: Olba.5376

Olba.5376

2 – Savage Leap
When in combination with an offhand sword increase it’s leap distance to 750

The leap already travels up to 900 units. I don’t really see any reason to change that.

3 – Final Thrust
We all know how kitten the animation is on this, so that needs a change. With it’s current cooldown it should have 1/2 second cast time. Otherwise reduce it to 10 seconds and keep the 3/4s cast, 100b (gs2) 8s(6s traited) and whirlwind (gs3) gets to be 10 second(8 seconds traited) why shouldn’t this be lower?

Pretty sure the 15s cooldown is a remnant from Hamstring, which was in place due to the 8s Cripple. I could see the cooldown coming down a bit.

4.2 – Rip
Change name to R.I.P. Skill is now a leap finisher gap closer with 900 range with a 1/4s stun. Make it a cool animation like take a couple of steps and then leap at the target. Also make this a stackable non cleansable debuff so that more then one warrior can skill on same target. A fast animation needs to be used.

I don’t quite get what you’re saying here. First you say a 1/4s stun, then you talk about some “non-cleanseable debuff, stackable” debuff. So which is it? A new debuff or a stun?

F1 – Flurry
Include the offhand sword in the animation. Increase damage maybe close to eviscerate due to being able to attack with more hits in the same amount of time. Think of 100b but a dual sword flurry.

Eviscerate has a base damage of 672/840/1008 depending on Adrenaline. Flurry has a base melee damage of 256, along with a base of 680/850/1,020 damage. As far as I can count, it looks like Flurry already has superior damage.

Arms:
Blade Master (VIII)
Gain might on critical hits when sword in offhand equip. Sword skills recharge 20% faster.

I don’t like this. Firstly because it gives any MH weapon might on crits, making it pretty much mandatory, just like Forceful Greatsword. Secondly because Flurry with Furious results in pretty much gaining all of your adrenaline back and being a 12 hit attack. And unlike 100 blades, Flurry comes with an Immobilize.

I like the idea that Sword/Sword should be improved, but not like this.

in Warrior

silkysoft.6749

The leap already travels up to 900 units. I don’t really see any reason to change that.

Thanks for the info will change it to say that it need to do damage out to 900. Maybe this is why I can rarely get it to hit.

Pretty sure the 15s cooldown is a remnant from Hamstring, which was in place due to the 8s Cripple. I could see the cooldown coming down a bit.

What do you think it should come down to?

I don’t quite get what you’re saying here. First you say a 1/4s stun, then you talk about some “non-cleanseable debuff, stackable” debuff. So which is it? A new debuff or a stun?

If you read up someone has posted that if 2 warriors currently do impale at the same target at the same time. It does not stack and only 1 warrior can do rip. So I am saying that this debuff to denote a target has impale needs to have a stack function.

Eviscerate has a base damage of 672/840/1008 depending on Adrenaline. Flurry has a base melee damage of 256, along with a base of 680/850/1,020 damage. As far as I can count, it looks like Flurry already has superior damage.

In all the testing I have done, I haven’t seen Flurry do the kind of damage eviscerate can do. But if people have tested it and say that it gets close then it doesn’t need to change does it. I don’t see why eviscerate has such a short range (300) for what is ment to be a powerful burst skill. Yet Greatsword gets 100b for stupid damage on low cooldown, rush (1200) and blade trail (900). But that is talk for another topic. This one is discussing changes to Sword/Sword. You can just break out of immobilize anyway.

I don’t like this. Firstly because it gives any MH weapon might on crits, making it pretty much mandatory, just like Forceful Greatsword. Secondly because Flurry with Furious results in pretty much gaining all of your adrenaline back and being a 12 hit attack. And unlike 100 blades, Flurry comes with an Immobilize.

I don’t see a problem with it giving might on crit, mighty defense is in the first tier of the discipline tree and it would give the same result. Also If you want to spec into triple adrenaline on crits so be it. That’s already a thing people can do. Furthermore Unless they change flurry to be able to channel on the move I don’t see a problem with it having immobilize on it. Ranged glasses don’t have to move to channel attacks and still get a hit. Why not give us that buffer and allow us a higher chance of landing something powerfull while our utilities are on cooldown.

I like the idea that Sword/Sword should be improved, but not like this.

Thanks for putting forward your opinion of changes to dual swords. I am hoping to get another build in the warrior lineup that doesn’t revolve around the mobility that greatsword currently provides.

in Warrior

Olba.5376

1. What do you think it should come down to?
  2. If you read up someone has posted that if 2 warriors currently do impale at the same target at the same time. It does not stack and only 1 warrior can do rip. So I am saying that this debuff to denote a target has impale needs to have a stack function.
  3. In all the testing I have done, I haven’t seen Flurry do the kind of damage eviscerate can do. But if people have tested it and say that it gets close then it doesn’t need to change does it. I don’t see why eviscerate has such a short range (300) for what is ment to be a powerful burst skill. Yet Greatsword gets 100b for stupid damage on low cooldown, rush (1200) and blade trail (900). But that is talk for another topic. This one is discussing changes to Sword/Sword. You can just break out of immobilize anyway.
  4. I don’t see a problem with it giving might on crit, mighty defense is in the first tier of the discipline tree and it would give the same result. Also If you want to spec into triple adrenaline on crits so be it. That’s already a thing people can do. Furthermore Unless they change flurry to be able to channel on the move I don’t see a problem with it having immobilize on it. Ranged glasses don’t have to move to channel attacks and still get a hit. Why not give us that buffer and allow us a higher chance of landing something powerfull while our utilities are on cooldown.
  1. Looking at the other sword skills, 10-12s sounds about right.
  2. Oh, didn’t know about that. Still don’t see the point of adding a stun to it, though. Not to mention that Stuns don’t stack anyway.
  3. Well, on base, Flurry and Eviscerate have similar-ish damage. The numbers get in favor of Eviscerate when you consider things like Berserker’s Power, crits and high amounts of Vulnerability. That and the fact that monsters in PvE seem to have craptastic armor values.
  4. Well, the problem is that with triple adrenaline gain, Flurry becomes just as spammable as 100 blades. Flurry also has 12 hits rather than 9, not to mention benefitting from the +10% crit trait if you spec for it. I just don’t see any way how adding 100% chance to get might on crit would not make Swords deal ridiculous physical damage. Especially when you consider that Final Thrust is already pretty high damage. For example, I could totally see someone pulling off Savage Leap>Flurry>Final Thrust. That would cause some pretty serious damage, especially if you throw in Frenzy to speed up Flurry and Final Thrust.

(edited by Olba.5376)

in Warrior

silkysoft.6749

1. Looking at the other sword skills, 10-12s sounds about right.
  2. Oh, didn’t know about that. Still don’t see the point of adding a stun to it, though. Not to mention that Stuns don’t stack anyway.
  3. Well, on base, Flurry and Eviscerate have similar-ish damage. The numbers get in favor of Eviscerate when you consider things like Berserker’s Power, crits and high amounts of Vulnerability. That and the fact that monsters in PvE seem to have craptastic armor values.
  4. Well, the problem is that with triple adrenaline gain, Flurry becomes just as spammable as 100 blades. Flurry also has 12 hits rather than 9, not to mention benefitting from the +10% crit trait if you spec for it. I just don’t see any way how adding 100% chance to get might on crit would not make Swords deal ridiculous physical damage. Especially when you consider that Final Thrust is already pretty high damage. For example, I could totally see someone pulling off Savage Leap>Flurry>Final Thrust. That would cause some pretty serious damage, especially if you throw in Frenzy to speed up Flurry and Final Thrust.

I guess I see rip needing a control function that breaks their skill rotation and allows for the skill not to miss. Either a stun or a knockdown is the only way I can see. Adding cripple, chill or immobilize do not break up the rotation of the targets skills.

But isn’t that the whole point of where they want to take the warrior? The use of burst skills and with that the gain of adrenaline is going to be the main focus of the class. In theory we should be the anti guardian.

If you use gain might on each block and time it right or have multiple people attacking you. Achieving 25 stacks and having time to deal some serious damage is not uncommon. If there does become a problem with generating might, then a simple solution is to limit the amount you can generate per second just like they have done with lifesteal. For instance make it proc 3 stacks of might for 5 seconds with a 1 second cooldown.

Anet need to start bracketing where they want the class to end up when buffing/nerfing. Go forward 4 steps, back 2 step, forward 1 step. Balance.

in Warrior

silkysoft.6749

Anyone else got some suggestions of what could be improve specifically for sword/sword warrior builds?

in Warrior

JETWING.2759

Anyone else got some suggestions of what could be improve specifically for sword/sword warrior builds?

See like one more step to fix warrior

The trait blade master could additionally rechager sword skills 20% faster.

in Warrior

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

The 680/850/1020 base damage you mention is from 8/10/12 stacks of bleed, which last 2 seconds.

Eviscerate does direct damage which scales much better. With lots of points in power, precision and critical damage % (berserker gear) you can make eviscerate easily hit well over 10k in WvWvW (assuming you got a critical hit). That won’t happen with flurry.

bleed damage per tick per stack = (0.05 * Condition Damage) + 42.5
With 0 investment to condition damage it is 42.5 dmg/tick/stack
With 1000 in condition damage it is 92.5 dmg/tick/stack
With 2000 in condition damage it is 142.5 dmg/tick/stack

So even with 2000 points in condition damage (meaning the warrior has less points to invest to power, precision and other stats) full adrenaline flurry would do 3420 dmg. Let’s assume the warrior has deep cuts trait = +50% bleed duration. And armor and food buffs giving another +50% increase in bleed duration. That is 6840 bleed dmg in 4 seconds, which is still less than what eviscerate does. Note those bleed stacks could be cleansed during those 4 seconds, which very often happens automatically in zerg battles in WvWvW, where there is a lot of area condition removal. Or the defender could be wearing 6xMelandru’s runes + eating Bowl of Lemongrass Poultry Soup. That gives a total of 65% condition duration reduction, meaning a hefty decrease from above mentioned damage calculations.

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

(edited by Deniara Devious.3948)

in Warrior

Posted by: jayson.6512

jayson.6512

cross your fingers arenanet created warrior for marketing they look bad @ss in gameplay videos in youtube to attact players who cares about the warrior class if you can play a guardian master of weapons target practice of every class that’s the warrior in guild wars 2

in Warrior

Scoobaniec.9561

I don’t know who can think that flurry has damage close to evi.. Sorry, even sword chain and whirling axe in pve has highter dps than flurry

in Warrior

JETWING.2759

Flurry >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Evicerate.

Evicerate, like all Axe skills are absurdly underpowered.

(edited by JETWING.2759)

in Warrior

silkysoft.6749

Thanks for trying to help this topic jetwing. But your first post is what I already have posted way back when I first posted this topic. Your second post does not add anything constructive, new information or even correct information.

Maybe all warrior bleeds can be changed to torment? Or rework the condition damage from the sword tree as more direct damage. Even get a trait for poison or torment instead of bleed.

in Warrior

silkysoft.6749

Anet want to respond to this or any warrior forum topic that’s not a bug. I thought you guys watched the ++ posts? We would just like to know what direction you are taking that isn’t vague.

in Warrior

Scoobaniec.9561

1: Hamstring does 2sec cripple
2: Stability for duration, unaffected by cripple/chill
3: Counterblow (can share animation of mh mace 2 and same damage) 10cd, grants vigor for 5sec on hit
4. Impale puts torment instead of bleed, rip a pull.
5. Damage increased to match mace 2, removed bleed and added posion instead, add 5sec regeneration on hit
F1: Final thrust which will share the same damage of evi, cause immobilize on hit and weakness . Castime reduced to what it was pre patch (its a must)

Blademaster also reduces cd on sword by 20% and increase condi dmg by 250

__
I don’t think we will ever see different animations for dual sets. Thats why i prefer 2th weps.

in Warrior

Posted by: Veritas.6071

Veritas.6071

There is no “base damage”. Damage done = (weapon damage) * Power * (skill-specific coefficient) / (target’s Armor)

Skill coefficients are how they control the damage of individual skills.

Ve·ri·tas [English ver-i-tahs] A Latin noun meaning Truth.

in Warrior

Olba.5376

There is no “base damage”. Damage done = (weapon damage) * Power * (skill-specific coefficient) / (target’s Armor)

True in practice, but that’s a rather irrelevant point.

After all, there are minimum values to power and armor, not to mention relevancy criteria for the weapon damage. For example, pretty much all skill editors won’t even have the option to use a rare weapon. Similarly, there’s not much point considering armor values below 1836, since that’s the minimum possible value of someone with full exotic armor.

Though in my case, I was simply referring to the standardized values that I picked from the wiki. And I was simply bringing up the point that the skills themselves have similar damage, it’s just that direct damage scales much better than condition damage.

in Warrior

Veritas.6071

True in practice, but that’s a rather irrelevant point.

After all, there are minimum values to power and armor, not to mention relevancy criteria for the weapon damage. For example, pretty much all skill editors won’t even have the option to use a rare weapon. Similarly, there’s not much point considering armor values below 1836, since that’s the minimum possible value of someone with full exotic armor.

Though in my case, I was simply referring to the standardized values that I picked from the wiki. And I was simply bringing up the point that the skills themselves have similar damage, it’s just that direct damage scales much better than condition damage.

It’s relevant because it invalidates your comparison, and if you know direct damage scales better than condi damage, then why argue that flurry’s damage can keep pace with eviscerate if, in most builds, that isn’t true?

On top of that, you don’t even know how much power or condition damage was used to generate those numbers.

I’ll say again, there is no “standardized value”. The closet thing to that would be skill damage at 916 power which no one is interested in knowing because, as far as relevancy goes, that number is completely useless. You want skill coefficients and condi scales which can then be applied to your build. Pulling numbers from the wiki without full knowledge of how they were generated and using them to make unsupported claims does nothing for anyone except propagate misinformation.

Final line: “Flurry is trash. DPS loss, no matter what you’re wearing, and it roots you, and you lose any adrenaline-related trait bonuses. wtf.”

Unfortunately, since I found this article, his photos of Flurry have been unhosted, but you can recreate his findings in the spreadsheet if you don’t believe him.

(edited by Veritas.6071)

in Warrior

Olba.5376

It’s relevant because it invalidates your comparison, and if you know direct damage scales better than condi damage, then why argue that flurry’s damage can keep pace with eviscerate if, in most builds, that isn’t true?

Because the problem isn’t that Eviscerate is somehow overpowered and Flurry is weak. It’s that condition damage is weaker than direct damage.

On top of that, you don’t even know how much power or condition damage was used to generate those numbers.

The answer is bare minimum, as per the formatting standard set on the wiki.

And it’s not like I do not possess the mathematical know-how to reverse the in-game tooltips to manually calculate the skill coefficients off of my own warrior.

Just because you haven’t bothered to find out how they write the wiki doesn’t mean it’s all an unknown blur. Or that you would need the wiki in the first place.

And let’s be honest for a moment: Swords do not need a burst that is capable of Eviscerate-level direct damage, as both Eviscerate and Final Thrust have a 3.0 coefficient.

in Warrior

Veritas.6071

Because the problem isn’t that Eviscerate is somehow overpowered and Flurry is weak. It’s that condition damage is weaker than direct damage.

The answer is bare minimum, as per the formatting standard set on the wiki.

And it’s not like I do not possess the mathematical know-how to reverse the in-game tooltips to manually calculate the skill coefficients off of my own warrior.

Just because you haven’t bothered to find out how they write the wiki doesn’t mean it’s all an unknown blur. Or that you would need the wiki in the first place.

And let’s be honest for a moment: Swords do not need a burst that is capable of Eviscerate-level direct damage, as both Eviscerate and Final Thrust have a 3.0 coefficient.

As long as we both agree this:

“As far as I can count, it looks like Flurry already has superior damage.”

is not true, I think we’ve come to an agreement.

My personal opinion is that when people complain about the lower damage of Flurry, they are omitting the 2-4 second immobilize. That combined with some direct damage and a hefty dose of short duration bleeding creates a pretty well rounded skill.

I’d like to apologize if I came across as too much of a jerk. It wasn’t my intent to imply you are incapable of reversing the math in GW2. In fact, I was confident that you can. I just felt the way you presented the argument could be misleading to more casual readers so I pointed it out and then defended my position.

(edited by Veritas.6071)

in Warrior

silkysoft.6749

The bleeds need to be changed into something more like torment to be viable, as it last cleansed. There is no amount of immobilize that is going to make up for eviscerate or 100b doing 10k crits if other classes have so much cleansing and stun breakers.

Warriors need something like conditions that bypasses armor rating altogether to deal their damage. With all these ‘armor skills/boons’ that mitigate damage we need a counter. Even go as far as natural boon removal as a trait, chance at skill interrupts and breaking channel skills.

in Warrior

silkysoft.6749

Been thinking and came up with while doing flurry have a trait that give fury for 4 seconds at 10% chance on crit with 60 second cooldown. Sort of like thieves have.

in Warrior

JETWING.2759

Thanks for trying to help this topic jetwing. But your first post is what I already have posted way back when I first posted this topic. Your second post does not add anything constructive, new information or even correct information.

Maybe all warrior bleeds can be changed to torment? Or rework the condition damage from the sword tree as more direct damage. Even get a trait for poison or torment instead of bleed.

I think torment may be increased in sword #4 and #5. Change bleed for torment, are good and viable way to fix off hand sword.
Sword #3 also need a buff, perhaps increasing confusion or daze, and reduce cast time and/or animation.

And buff Blademaster trait to adictionaly reduce cd of sword skills.

(edited by JETWING.2759)

in Warrior

Posted by: Lighter.5631

Lighter.5631

…gotta love when you hit someone with flurry and immo them, but they still dodge rolled away and stay immoed from far and you miss all your hit.

sword 3 need bigger range with better animation effect and sound, because not to mention how many times i missed it when an enemy just walking left and right in my face, i saw a dude F1’ed someone and the hits did land and the enemy was just standing there, but when he used 3..nop, missed.

“i think it’s an underserved nerf. now we have to slot a stun breaker??”
“berserker stance clears all CC on you and you’re still immune to CC for 8 seconds”
-Excalibur.9748

(edited by Lighter.5631)

in Warrior

Posted by: jalmari.3906

jalmari.3906

dual swords works just fine even though feels a bit clumsy

Guardian 80 Necromancer 80 Ranger 80 Mesmer 80 Elementalist 80 Warrior 80

in Warrior

Posted by: FyiNight.5784

FyiNight.5784

dual sword really need new skills

in Warrior

JETWING.2759

Not only dual sword, but all dual weapon sets need improvements. The trait “Dual Wielding” cold increase off hand weapon in Auto-Attack and Burst animation, this could increase attack speed, damage done, condition inflicted or cc.

Ex:
Oh Sword = One extra condition per hit
Oh Mace = One cc per hit.
Oh Axe = Double damage per hit, or one extra hit per hit and make action speed (chain #1 and f1) twice faster.

Could be fun, beatifull and not OP

(edited by JETWING.2759)

in Warrior

Posted by: Nightarch.2943

Nightarch.2943

There should be two play-styles to this weapon, condition, and power. I just want my power build back, conditions are worthless inside dungeons and…. everywhere else unless you’re soloing.

Guild Wars 2 is not a sequel to the original Guild Wars but merely an alternative story setting.

in Warrior

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

Dual swords are alright.

They excel in sustain damage. You have cripple and leap at the same skill. You have a impale that is a ranged attack then there is Riposte for more bleeds. Immobilization on the burst.

A enemy will have a hard time escaping dual sword warriors, and while they run away, they have to suffer bleed stacks on them.

However, other dps option like Axe or Greatsword suffers from moving enemies. If your enemies defended from your burst or escape you, the enemy can just kite you to death while you do less damage than the ‘mediocre’ dual sword damage.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

in Warrior

Posted by: Seetoo.9316

Seetoo.9316

Traits:

Arms:
Blade Master (VIII)

This is really the only thing that caught my attention (well, this and hitting with off hand with main hand)

How about instead of might on crit (GS much?), x% chance to attack with off hand sword on hit (don’t tie it to crit) or attack with off hand sword every x hits?

in Warrior

Posted by: SgtSarcasm.1653

SgtSarcasm.1653

I really wanted to run dual wield when I started my warrior on launch day, but I quickly realized that swords were garbage and while axes and mace offhand are pretty decent, I still couldn’t go proper dual wield warrior.

If they ever change swords to be viable, I’ll go sword/sword + axe/mace in a heartbeat, but as it stands now, it’s just so much better to play greatsword + axe/mace.

Khaine [80 Guardian] – Night of Wallachia [80 Warrior]
Minister of Fear [80 Necromancer] @Far Shiverpeaks EU

in Warrior

Posted by: Grok Krog.9581

Grok Krog.9581

Dual swords not only make you look sexy but they have the prospect to become one of the most loved weapon sets for warriors.

Weapon skills:

Sword mainhand:
1 – Sever Artery + Gash + Hamstring:
Include the offhand sword in the animation.

2 – Savage Leap
Correctly deal damage and condition out to 900 range.

3 – Final Thrust

Sword Off Hand:
4.1 – Impale
Increase the direct damage to 252 while inflicting 3 stacks of torment and changed to 15s not 12s.
4.2 – Rip
Change name to R.I.P. Skill is now a leap finisher gap closer with 900 range with a 1/4s stun. Make it a cool animation like take a couple of steps and then leap at the target. The debuff applied to denote a target has been impaled needs to have a stack function so that multiple warriors can execute the next skill in the chain.

5 – Riposte
Rename to Parry. Add if a projectile is blocked it reflects back to sender, if block non projectile ranged attack then it’s absorbed as adrenaline. Keep second skill same.

F1 – Flurry

Traits:

Arms:
Blade Master (VIII)

All skills stay the same unless changes are listed. Don’t forget to +1 this post

Edits:
Changed 4 skill set to 4.1/4.2.
Changed bleed on 4.1 to torment and fast animation needs to be used.
Highlighted that 4.1 needs to be stackable non cleansable debuff.
Skill F1 needs to have higher damage due to extra weapon being used.
Corrected a fix for skill 2
Clarified 4.2 skill

First I’ll say that off-hand weapons being brought into auto-attack animation is a completely different issue.

The 600 range leap on Savage Leap fits the cool down especially if a trait is put in place to lower Sword cool downs, 900 might be too much I think

Final Thrust could be a bit faster and have a lower cool down. It’s also only really useful to foes under 50% so, a lower cool down on it wouldn’t be overpowered. 12 seconds would be fine. I think it should also do an extra 25% damage to foes under 25% health.

So, normally it would do 5K, under 50% 10K, then 12.5K under 25%

I think Impale is fine. Rip could maybe hit a little bit harder.

Riposte is a classic Guild Wars skill for Sword, changing the name would be injustice. It hits pretty hard when blocking a melee attack and adds 4 bleeds for a little extra damage and against ranged attacks it’s like a 2 second shield stance on a much shorter cool down. I think it’s fine.

Flurry definitley needs a damage increase. It’s pitiful right now and the bleeds don’t last long enough. I think you should evade for 1/2 second when using it as well. Eviscerate damage might be too much for this skill, I think if it did half of it it would be somewhat useable especially with your Blademaster trait change

Grok Walking Amongst Mere Mortals

in Warrior

Posted by: Arewn.2368

Arewn.2368

I’m not sure about integrating off hand sword into the auto attack animation. Dual wielding full sized weapons isn’t as good as fantasy games would have you believe.
Go find 2 sticks of what you feel is roughly “sword” length, hold one in each hand and try swinging them about. It’s cumbersome (the weapons get in each others way), slow (you might think it’s faster, but delivering a full blow requires putting your entire body into the swing) and requires extra energy(two heavy blades instead of one), and to take full advantage of it requires you to be highly ambidextrous(which isn’t that common/simple to achieve).
It makes more sense as it is now, with the auto attack chain purely using the main hand weapon, while the off hand is used for specific moves.