@Josh: Why the awkward Banner nerfs?

in Warrior

Posted by: Asmodeus.8042

Asmodeus.8042

I would love to understand the rationale behind these changes. Were banners and greater banner radius considered OP? The result is you need to mostly stack to get the benefit which is more than a little inconvenient. Applying buffs based on a stationary source is already a hazard in most cases, let alone now it’s going to be a teeny tiny area. The reduced CD was a blessing but now we’ll not see our standard uptime.

Moreover Inspiring Battle Standard was moved seemingly haphazardly to Discipline where none of the traits seem to synergy with supporting or buffing your team or even so much as healing where tactics has been and continues to be a theme. With the advent of specializations being a full tree the location of the IBS makes even more sense. Why would we weapon swap more with banners out? Banners are an environmental weapon even, which makes zero sense with the primary boon of discipline.

in Warrior

Posted by: Lucifers Heaven.2167

Lucifers Heaven.2167

I have also been wondering about this and came here entirely for this reason. It seems like the move was done entirely to allow shout healing warriors to get all their traits plus Inspiring Battle Standard. But it was done without much consideration for those of us who like to run the full sweet of banners. And as OP said, nothing in the Discipline line really fits with banners/support. Some of the traits there are good but other than Burst Mastery they’re not really ones I’d take given the choice.

I was really hoping there being no mention of banner CD or radius just meant it had been rolled into baseline for the skills, but alas…
You asked us to tell you if these things ruin the spirit of our builds. This kind of breaks half of mine somewhat. I mostly play PvE and I designed my character as an attrition support warrior. Extra damage for my team via banners of Strength and Discipline, extra survival via Banner of Tactics, regen and the damage mitigation of dual wielding maces.
It was really nice to be able to pretty much permanently have my banners up and was kind of integral. Now if I drop them all in a fight there’ll be an unforeseeable point 90 seconds later where my character is entirely out of all of her utility abilities for 30 seconds. Oh and now my party members are much less free to move around as they please (and I’m more likely to need to move banners or have to fight outside of them).
I don’t think rolling all the banner traits into one master slot (or rolling radius into base and CD into the trait) is too overpowered for that tier of major trait.

If there really was an intentional design choice behind all this, then I would very much appreciate an explanation, I am willing to be convinced but at the moment it feels more like an oversight.

in Warrior

Posted by: xbutcherx.3861

xbutcherx.3861

I guess they did that because now we can use shout heal + Banner regen, having banner CD reduced and increase area effect seems a little too OP, that is just my point of view.

in Warrior

Posted by: Wallace MacBix.2089

Wallace MacBix.2089

I guess they did that because now we can use shout heal + Banner regen, having banner CD reduced and increase area effect seems a little too OP, that is just my point of view.

Eh, why not switch Powerful Synergy with the Banner trait then. I can’t see anyone taking Powerful Synergy over Shout healing or PS, and the extra weapon swaping from disc would allow more frequent leap finishers.

Plus wars will still need to decide if they want healing banners or shouts. And you since you can’t take both, you can add in the extra range and cd reduction while you’re at it. Has more synergy with the minor anyways cause you can at least blast finish with your banners to also get more healing power from Inspiring Presence (without testing it, it seems so weak).

Also how come we still have 2 minor traits that relate to rezing? And I think we’re the only class that doesn’t have the +10% revive speed.

in Warrior

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

I have also been wondering about this and came here entirely for this reason. It seems like the move was done entirely to allow shout healing warriors to get all their traits plus Inspiring Battle Standard. But it was done without much consideration for those of us who like to run the full sweet of banners. And as OP said, nothing in the Discipline line really fits with banners/support. Some of the traits there are good but other than Burst Mastery they’re not really ones I’d take given the choice.

I was really hoping there being no mention of banner CD or radius just meant it had been rolled into baseline for the skills, but alas…
You asked us to tell you if these things ruin the spirit of our builds. This kind of breaks half of mine somewhat. I mostly play PvE and I designed my character as an attrition support warrior. Extra damage for my team via banners of Strength and Discipline, extra survival via Banner of Tactics, regen and the damage mitigation of dual wielding maces.
It was really nice to be able to pretty much permanently have my banners up and was kind of integral. Now if I drop them all in a fight there’ll be an unforeseeable point 90 seconds later where my character is entirely out of all of her utility abilities for 30 seconds. Oh and now my party members are much less free to move around as they please (and I’m more likely to need to move banners or have to fight outside of them).
I don’t think rolling all the banner traits into one master slot (or rolling radius into base and CD into the trait) is too overpowered for that tier of major trait.

If there really was an intentional design choice behind all this, then I would very much appreciate an explanation, I am willing to be convinced but at the moment it feels more like an oversight.

Thank goodness someone put this topic up here. While I can get healing shouts and banners with the new trait lines, the uptime was really important to my play style. From other threads, I’m also hearing of a loss of healing output as well, which may be from stat changes and losing 300 Healing Power, but the huge time gap may also be an issue.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

in Warrior

Posted by: SliceOfHam.2419

SliceOfHam.2419

Banner uptime was great for my build. Either for regen, or party synergy.

Now there is a 30s downtime. That is too long for something you need to be CLOSE TO, that you need to PICK UP AND CARRY AROUND (god forbid you went across the map without it after you just summoned one), and really need to just baby sit.

With this new patch it encourages warriors to bring nothing to buff their parties besides personal dps. All 5 signet GS only warriors with berserker’s power and heightened focus.

Just what we needed.

in Warrior

Posted by: Dragon.6894

Dragon.6894

It would be nice if Signet Mastery in Arms get change with Quick Breathing in Tactics.

Banner uptime was great for my build. Either for regen, or party synergy.

Now there is a 30s downtime. That is too long for something you need to be CLOSE TO, that you need to PICK UP AND CARRY AROUND (god forbid you went across the map without it after you just summoned one), and really need to just baby sit.

With this new patch it encourages warriors to bring nothing to buff their parties besides personal dps. All 5 signet GS only warriors with berserker’s power and heightened focus.

Just what we needed.

I’m with you here, I like being team support warrior.
I always use Banner of Strength (or Disc) and Battle Standard in dungeon and etc when there was Reduce Cool Down on Banners.
But after they removed Inspiring Banner, I don’t feel like using Battle Standard anymore… and the 30 sec CD on Banner of Strength is really long and starting to discourage me to continue using any banner at all.
They could at least add Banners Cool Down Reduction in the Inspiring Battle Standard trait.

My irl friends who introduce me into this game have quit the game cuz the price of expansion.
But I’m still considering to stay here alone and get expansion or not.
And after the HUGE Banners NURF Patch, this is really pushing me off this game.

(edited by Dragon.6894)

in Warrior

Posted by: cocowoushi.7150

cocowoushi.7150

@Dragon
Give it a little bit of time; this is a weird state of the game right now where the dust has yet to settle from the huge impact these changes have made.

That said I agree I am missing my cool downs on my banners. I would only really drop Battle standard if a Rez was needed, but carrying two other banners have been a staple for my build in fractals.

I can see myself holding off on using them now if I know a boss is coming up to ensure they have the max uptime during the big fights.

in Warrior

Posted by: Artaz.3819

Artaz.3819

The banner cooldowns should all have been reduced by 20% as baseline. It still feels like this core change was just missed.

(That and the majority/all of Warrior weapon traits should have been made baseline but that’s for a different thread topic)

in Warrior

Posted by: Choppy.4183

Choppy.4183

It would be nice if Signet Mastery in Arms get change with Quick Breathing in Tactics.
(

…why?

I’m Biff Rangoon, and I approved this message.
Ehmry Bay | Omg Brb Icecream Truck (ICEE)

in Warrior

Posted by: that baby stealing dingo.7216

that baby stealing dingo.7216

+1
I’ve been maining a banner warrior in WvW for the last few months and having a great time. Now with the awful cool downs and small effective radius (not to mention the regen trait in is the wrong specialization tree now) it’s just not worth it.
This pretty much ruined my favorite build, and after playing around with the new system I don’t see any way to replicate it.
Good grief out of all things they could possibly nerf I don’t see why Anet went after my banners.

I have a sword, a dagger, and an estimated life span of 2.47 seconds.

in Warrior

Posted by: Backward Sass.6791

Backward Sass.6791

This makes me sad. I finally got around to updating my banner Warrior for Core Specializations, and I was a little confused that I couldn’t find the banner recharge and radius increase Trait. Then I realized it wasn’t there, panicked a little bit, and searched around for an answer – that answer being it was removed.

in Warrior

Posted by: x indigo x.6981

x indigo x.6981

Question: Did they ever state that it was being removed ? I don’t remember seeing it at any video or any post by the devs including the latest patch notes they released the weekend before the patch.

If it was a decision made to remove them, i’d like an explanation of the logic behind it. If not and it was mistake, then i’d like to be ASSURED by the devs that it’s coming back with an upcoming patch.