Just Remove Rampage now...

in Warrior

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

Nobody used it… Lol. The best way to use this skill was to run away from a fight.

Rampage—Dash: Fixed a bug that allowed the character to move further than intended.

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

in Warrior

Posted by: Sovereign.1093

Sovereign.1093

used it on the first time it got buffed, but that was it. ahaha, returned to battle standard and signet of rage after. Still, it’s a good elite skill.

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

used it on the first time it got buffed, but that was it. ahaha, returned to battle standard and signet of rage after. Still, it’s a good elite skill.

It was only good for running away, they should remove it now.

in Warrior

Posted by: JETWING.2759

JETWING.2759

Who in earth use it?

I think Rampage could be removed.

in Warrior

Posted by: Dand.8231

Dand.8231

Being in rampage feels more like an Engineer using a Kit, than an elite transform.

It doesn’t feel more powerful (except the stability portion, but I always run doly sig or balanced anyway, so meh) just different. It’s kind fun, but too short lived to be truly useful. I really appreciate the fact that they tried to buff it and make it see more play, I just think it may have fallen a bit short.

Maybe change the duration from a timer to consuming adrenaline?

Maybe we could get it to work like an Engy kit? Remove stability and the bonuses, and just have the 1-5 get replaced, and make it a toggle on/off ability? That’d be pretty awesome, no?

in Warrior

Posted by: Sovereign.1093

Sovereign.1093

well rampage for me feels like a racial skill. just there for the looks

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

in Warrior

Posted by: yanoch.7051

yanoch.7051

I used rampage pretty much because of the distance. I love the crazy mobility it offered and you felt like the hulk for a quick amount of time. I tried the new version now and it pretty much lost the appeal for me. I was able to live with the long cooldown because of the mobility but now I will get back to signet/banner like 90% of the warrior. Great job at encouraging diversity…

Heiann – NSP

(edited by yanoch.7051)

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

I used rampage pretty much because of the distance. I love the crazy mobility it offered and you felt like the hulk for a quick amount of time. I tried the new version now and it pretty much lost the appeal for me. I was able to live with the long cooldown because of the mobility but now I will get back to signet/banner like 90% of the warrior. Great job at encouraging diversity…

Yeah… I pretty much lost interest in the ability. It was fun because I could pretty much rush into a bunch of people. However now they just see me coming and my moves are so telegraphed I can’t do anything.

in Warrior

Dand.8231

Yeah… I pretty much lost interest in the ability. It was fun because I could pretty much rush into a bunch of people. However now they just see me coming and my moves are so telegraphed I can’t do anything.

Well what do you both say to my idea, a toggle on/off with the 1-5 slots?

in Warrior

yanoch.7051

That change is bad I really started to like that ability. The cooldown was long but with time I managed to learn to include it in my skill rotation and incorporate it into the flow of battle.

Now it lost one of it big appeal. I still don’t understand why enginer had it on a smaller cooldown… Their also work underwater.

I think it now cover 1/3 of what it used to. I might be wrong.

Heiann – NSP

in Warrior

Posted by: Brutalistik.6473

Brutalistik.6473

well rampage for me feels like a racial skill. just there for the looks

That’s pretty much all it is there for. I don’t see many good benefits coming out of that elite skill except being a free glory point.

Pineapples

in Warrior

Posted by: Artaz.3819

Artaz.3819

Fixes needed (at a minimum),

• Gain Fury for 20 seconds
  • Gain 1 stack of Might per target struck while in Rampage, all stacks of Might are removed when Rampage ends
  • When Rampage ends, gain 30 strikes of Adrenaline
  • Swap ‘Throw Boulder’ with ‘Kick’ and swap the cooldowns appropriately between the abilities; ‘Throw Boulder’ now 6 seconds, ‘Kick’ now 12 seconds – Kick is next to useless without Dash
  • Reduce the cooldown to be comparable to use time (~90 seconds) or make the Elite utility a ‘Physical’ skill so that ‘Physical Training’ trait affects it
  • Damage of the Smash/Bash/Uppercut needs more umph! and Uppercut should be Blowout

(edited by Artaz.3819)

in Warrior

Posted by: Faranox.4217

Faranox.4217

Another issue with Rampage is that if you set a skill to auto-attack it will be forgotten when you leave transformation.
Much like they fixed this for Banners, they should fix this for Rampage.

Chops Mcgee, of Anvil Rock

in Warrior

Posted by: Turbo Whale.1738

Turbo Whale.1738

It was a bug. It’s now fixed. You can stomp/rez while in rampage form. You can still use it to gain massive distance. 20 seconds of swiftness and stability doesn’t need to be explained of its usefulness. It’s good for ambushing. It’s fun.

And bugs are only good if they make your class more powerful than intended amirite?

in Warrior

Posted by: JETWING.2759

JETWING.2759

It was a bug. It’s now fixed. You can stomp/rez while in rampage form. You can still use it to gain massive distance. 20 seconds of swiftness and stability doesn’t need to be explained of its usefulness. It’s good for ambushing. It’s fun.

And bugs are only good if they make your class more powerful than intended amirite?

Rampage = boost stats + 20s stability. CD = 150s (and lock skills)
2x balance stance = 20s stability + 20s swiftness. CD = 80s (and no lock skills).
3x balance stance = 30s stability + 30s swiftness. CD = 120s (and no lock skills).
4x balance stance = 40s stability + 40s swiftness. CD = 160s (and no lock skills).

Balance Stance >>>>>>>>>>>>> Deep >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Rampage.
:/

(edited by JETWING.2759)

in Warrior

Posted by: XII.9401

XII.9401

Just like underwater combat, too much work was put into it.

Thus.. they have to shove it down our throat.

in Warrior

Posted by: Cygnus.6903

Cygnus.6903

I didn’t even spend the skill points to unlock it…

I only state my opinion unless stated otherwise.
Hulk Roaming Montages/Build Vids
I always rage but never quit.

in Warrior

Posted by: Gwalchgwn.1659

Gwalchgwn.1659

I use it effectively in team queued pvp.. Oh well.

Ring of Fire
GL – “The Afternoon’s Watch” [OATH]

in Warrior

Posted by: Assassin X.8573

Assassin X.8573

if the boons stayed on when you cancelled the elite form, it would be ok, but as it stands now, its the most useless elite warriors have, next to avatars, dont even get me started on the hounds.

Darkhaven Gold Tiger Assassin X [JPGN][Sold][VII]
Videos on Youtube

in Warrior

Posted by: Supreme.7352

Supreme.7352

Rampage gets rid of your adrenaline bar. As far as I see no traits that scale based on the adrenaline bar work while transformed.

Rampage doesn’t get bonuses to physical skill traits, because it’s a transformation and the skills provided are not considered anything specific.

Rampage has a long cooldown and only lasts around 20 seconds.

Rampage has no way to self heal, and you can’t use Adrenal Health to compensate for that because as I said before, the adrenaline bar and benefits from that go away.

Most of the skills that do damage have long cooldowns themselves. Meaning you’ll only use them once or twice per transformation.

The only good things I can think of for rampage is Stability, Swiftness, Running away potential (because that’s what hulk does when he’s rampaging) and the fact it makes you look bigger and you get awesome stompy footsteps.

in Warrior

Posted by: CreativeAnarchy.6324

CreativeAnarchy.6324

I can agree. It is a waste of programming space.

I speak for my self and no one else. Only fools believe they speak for a majority.

in Warrior

Posted by: Mitsubishi Eclipsed.6732

Mitsubishi Eclipsed.6732

Prolly the worst ‘Elite’ in the game. They need to rework it. Till then Rage/Banner will be used.

R O A R|Weezy|Drïzzy|Drama Llama|Mitsubishi Eclipsed|Swaglock Miststone
Member of Flock Of Smeagols [FoS]
Tarnished Coast

in Warrior

Posted by: BlueViking.7105

BlueViking.7105

I would probably like to play around with rampage even though its not as strong as the other two imo, but the fact that when you loose all your stability and swiftness when exiting (even if you build up tons before) is kind of a kitten killer for me. If it Didnt and my boon duration stuff worked with it, i’de take this elite once in a while.

Edit: oh jeez why cant i say kitten? I dont get the insane censoring on this forum. But i guess we need to protect the children lol ^^

(edited by BlueViking.7105)

in Warrior

Posted by: Black Teagan.9215

Black Teagan.9215

Prolly the worst ‘Elite’ in the game. They need to rework it. Till then Rage/Banner will be used.

Haha sure not, Rampage is one of the best single control elite in this game especially on warriors. BasiliskVenom is much bader.

And banner are already the strongest support skill in this game

Caleb Ferendir
-Charr Thief-
It’s good to be bad!

in Warrior

Posted by: Inutil.7634

Inutil.7634

And rampage’s stability can be stolen / rip off from you.

in Warrior

Posted by: Scoobaniec.9561

Scoobaniec.9561

I want “become the snow leopart” norn racial over that kitten called “rampage”

in Warrior

Posted by: Furiousbeard.7602

Furiousbeard.7602

/signed

Rampage is lame sauce

FA Soldier of Fortune – Flashypants (20,078 WvW kills) http://m.youtube.com/user/Duppa81
Roamer: 99.99% BLs / 0.01% EB

in Warrior

Posted by: Cufufalating.8479

Cufufalating.8479

I am not a warrior, but I have kitten ed around in sPvP with rampage and its so funny.

Most people dont even know what I am doing let alone what skills I have or what the hell to do against it.

Not saying its good but you can crush so many noobs with it because they have no clue what going on.. it was funny

Cufufalating – Ranger / Part-Time Mesmer
Gunnar’s Hold

in Warrior

Dand.8231

I actually really LIKE rampages 1-5 skills.

That being said…

Rampage gets rid of your adrenaline bar. As far as I see no traits that scale based on the adrenaline bar work while transformed.

Rampage doesn’t get bonuses to physical skill traits, because it’s a transformation and the skills provided are not considered anything specific.

Rampage has no way to self heal, and you can’t use Adrenal Health to compensate for that because as I said before, the adrenaline bar and benefits from that go away.

Most of the skills that do damage have long cooldowns themselves. Meaning you’ll only use them once or twice per transformation.

The only good things I can think of for rampage is Stability, Swiftness, Running away potential (because that’s what hulk does when he’s rampaging) and the fact it makes you look bigger and you get awesome stompy footsteps.

So as I suggested earlier, what does everyone think about Rampage being a toggle on/off ability then, instead of a cooldown skill?

Remove stability (it gets stripped and overrides your existing stability anyways) and the wacky health bonuses, but continue to allow access to adrenaline, traits, an F1 burst skill, heal 6, and utility 7-9.

Essentially, it becomes a 1-5 skill replacement kit.

in Warrior

Posted by: Cufufalating.8479

Cufufalating.8479

I actually really LIKE rampages 1-5 skills.

That being said…

So as I suggested earlier, what does everyone think about Rampage being a toggle on/off ability then, instead of a cooldown skill?

Remove stability (it gets stripped and overrides your existing stability anyways) and the wacky health bonuses, but continue to allow access to adrenaline, traits, an F1 burst skill, heal 6, and utility 7-9.

Essentially, it becomes a 1-5 skill replacement kit.

To be honest they could be boring and just make it like the rangers Ramgage as One. Give stability, swiftness and fury for 20s and gain adhrenaline 2x as fast (or something, to replace the fact that the rangers version gives might to pets on attacks).

Cufufalating – Ranger / Part-Time Mesmer
Gunnar’s Hold

in Warrior

Posted by: Frayta.4816

Frayta.4816

The only time I really like rampage is when I have an ele in my guild that drops us a fiery greatsword.

Its a pretty tasty thing to be sporting 50k health, and having a fiery great sword with the might, and stability buffs.

in Warrior

Dand.8231

The only time I really like rampage is when I have an ele in my guild that drops us a fiery greatsword.

Its a pretty tasty thing to be sporting 50k health, and having a fiery great sword with the might, and stability buffs.

That sounds pretty hax!

in Warrior

yanoch.7051

It work also with the guns in the spire guild mission.

Rampage/Rocket Jump combo FTW

Heiann – NSP

in Warrior

Posted by: Ajaxx.3157

Ajaxx.3157

Rampage is Great…. at killing*

• clearly this is trolling.
Ajaxx – Warrior – [JuG] – Desolation [eu]

http://www.twitch.tv/irajaxx

in Warrior

Posted by: Rigel.3092

Rigel.3092

We often use Rampage at the end of our WvW sessions to simply go and knock peeps up into the air, it is hilarious, especially when equipped with ele’s fiery greatsword.

in Warrior

Posted by: Faranox.4217

Faranox.4217

Interesting, I hadn’t considered environmental weapons.

Chops Mcgee, of Anvil Rock

in Warrior

Posted by: Kiroshima.8497

Kiroshima.8497

Add the unarmed weapon for warriors and rampage enhances it!

Do it!

Who wouldn’t want to punch their enemies to death?

Dynamics Thesis Defense Unit [UNIV] is looking for new thesis defenders.
Friendly environment, no question is too basic. Enroll Now!
~Fort Aspenwood~

in Warrior

Posted by: Seetoo.9316

Seetoo.9316

Or remove the cd (or at least make it significantly lower). I give up a lot for it.
Things you lose:
- adrenalin (so no adrenaline based abilities)
- 2 weapon sets
- utilities
- build synergy(specially conditions)

in Warrior

Posted by: feliscatus.1430

feliscatus.1430

Remove? It would be so easy to fix.

in Warrior

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

The first step to improve any of the transformations is to make it so that the stability is not strippable. You lose the stability when you leave the form, so it should not be able to be removed from you when you’re in the form. This applies to tornado, plague form, and whirlpool as well, but not for something like dagger storm where you can keep the stability by ending the skill prematurely. For rampage, I don’t think the swiftness should be strippable either.

I think one way they could buff rampage would be to give it the unstoppable properties that the undead abominations have. That is, immunity to all CC (or at least almost all). Maybe this just makes it another escape elite, but it would make it so that someone wouldn’t be able to shake you off when you’re on them, which would be the real power in the skill. As it is now, the form can be crippled, immobilized, chilled, and the stability can be stripped to also make you get stunned, knocked around, and feared. Making you immune to that stuff would make it so you can “do what you want” for like 20 seconds, although you’d have to do that within the confines of the provided skills.

Using such a skill shouldn’t make you weaker, at least not without giving you something unique in return. Being “unstoppable” could be that thing.