Kicked from party for different weapon set?

in Warrior

Posted by: Clairette.5396

Clairette.5396

Hey all like the topic says I ran cof couple of days ago and got kicked from my own group. I did not recruit fast run or zerk warriors just the typical lfg posts. Anyway I am running Axe/mace and Axe/Axe ( depending on situation I change weapons) with berserker gear etc. So someone tells me to use GS and I told him I don’t use GS its not my style and he threatened me that they will kick me if I didnt use a GS. They kicked me at the end because I didn’t use GS. All other runs I have done no one said anything to me or asked me why don’t I use GS. I don’t want to argue over GS is better than Axe because there is a thread about that but I think its not generous to threat someone because he has a different play style?
What is the point of variety of weapons and traits if everyone supposed to use same set up?

in Warrior

Posted by: Argis.7049

Argis.7049

The people who kicked you are jerks. Simple as that. On top of that I would add that they are uninformed jerks as well if they don’t understand the power of Axe/Mace.

Myrmidon Elite [ME] – Arkham [Ark] – Maguuma
PvP/WvW videos – http://www.youtube.com/user/noscopeentertainment/videos

in Warrior

Posted by: Kaga.7629

Kaga.7629

You CAN find another group, but you CANNOT do anything about people on gw2lfg being kitten fsckheads .

Sadly that’s the way the world is sometimes…

—Kaga Konikora (aka ze evil frostkeep defense director)
Beware, for Commander Kaga farms j00, ktrainer!
r.i.p [iLL] Maguuma

in Warrior

Posted by: Venereus.9473

Venereus.9473

Reminds me of the time a pug in Fractals told me Axe/Mace was bad for Fractals and that Greasword was better. I was like, wtf, do you even FotM?

in Warrior

Posted by: Chaotic Storm.2815

Chaotic Storm.2815

you learn to deal with it. hell i’m a warrior who still prefers duel swords to most things even if condition damage is viewed as a poor skill for warriors. sure GS is great for certain times but no 1 weapon is all powerful.

I’v got a guildie who can tank like a pro with a light armored class like necro. or another who makes ele D/D look like god mode. and i’v seen piles of other warriors pull out a GS only to be face slapped into the mud over and over again. Its the skills that matter not the weapon

#ELEtism

in Warrior

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

Someone threatened you… in any way shape or form… and you didn’t leave right then?

Don’t coddle idiots. The only person playing your character is you. If they want to be the guiding mind behind 40% or more of a party, they can frikken two-box.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

in Warrior

Posted by: Grounder.7381

Grounder.7381

axe setups has comparable dmg or even more dmg than GS..
even more so for cof!! if you spec for it, axe can bring more dmg..
if you bring something like mace/shield – rifle for cof p2 for example.. its a whole different story.!
not to mention MF gear / scavanger runes

in Warrior

Posted by: Amicable Pugs.4503

Amicable Pugs.4503

Thing is, you do less dps with ONLY axe/mace. If you wanna maximize your dps you should use gs for HB → whirlwind → swap to axe → 6 normal attacks → swap back to gs for HB. Also if its a normal mob then use axe 2 and mace 4 for vulnerability. If its a boss and you’re the only one doing vulnerability then its pretty useless, you’re losing dps while casting those two skills. But yes, that guy was a jerk for kicking u.

in Warrior

Posted by: Retsuko.2035

Retsuko.2035

Thing is, you do less dps with ONLY axe/mace. If you wanna maximize your dps you should use gs for HB -> whirlwind -> swap to axe -> 6 normal attacks -> swap back to gs for HB. Also if its a normal mob then use axe 2 and mace 4 for vulnerability. If its a boss and you’re the only one doing vulnerability then its pretty useless, you’re losing dps while casting those two skills. But yes, that guy was a jerk for kicking u.

99% of the GS warriors, don’t do this. They just spam HB in the hopes it hits. But perhaps you should be glad to be kicked. People who are unaware of a weapons ability are probably not very good players to begin with.
Often i been in a group with people who think they were good, to the point that they were telling me what to do. But then they failed hard them self.

Also, funny enough joining a “speed run” often turns out in a “crap run”. pug’s are always a surprise. I’m thinking of recruiting based on achievement points, 4000+ or go home.

Retsu ~ Inner Monkey [IM] ~ Piken Square

in Warrior

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

Hey all like the topic says I ran cof couple of days ago and got kicked from my own group. I did not recruit fast run or zerk warriors just the typical lfg posts. Anyway I am running Axe/mace and Axe/Axe ( depending on situation I change weapons) with berserker gear etc. So someone tells me to use GS and I told him I don’t use GS its not my style and he threatened me that they will kick me if I didnt use a GS. They kicked me at the end because I didn’t use GS. All other runs I have done no one said anything to me or asked me why don’t I use GS. I don’t want to argue over GS is better than Axe because there is a thread about that but I think its not generous to threat someone because he has a different play style?
What is the point of variety of weapons and traits if everyone supposed to use same set up?

Don’t worry about them, just find another group. Most people won’t have this sort of issue.

I’m guessing the reason they wanted you to use GS is because it’s the typical “mindless DPS” type weapon and they just wanted to clear the dungeon faster. As such, they felt you were inconveniencing them by not using GS. I’m not sure if there was some particular reason they wanted you to do so though… I know some of the harder dungeon paths require specific strategies for some of the bosses, but if we’re just talking about CoF P1 here, then I don’t feel like there would be any reason you had to make a change.

This reminds me of my time playing a melee hunter back in WoW. So much hate from so many people…

in Warrior

Posted by: Artaz.3819

Artaz.3819

I’m thinking of recruiting based on achievement points, 4000+ or go home.

This is actually what I look for. If the player has less than 1500-2K, I become highly concerned that they do not have the experience to understand how the mechanics of a boss/fractal works and ask upfront if they have done this before.

If a player has 4k+, I know that 99% of the time, they are probably a fine contribution with whatever class they are playing.

in Warrior

Posted by: Argis.7049

Argis.7049

Thing is, you do less dps with ONLY axe/mace. If you wanna maximize your dps you should use gs for HB -> whirlwind -> swap to axe -> 6 normal attacks -> swap back to gs for HB.

If you are traited for axe, there is no point in switching to GS for 100B. A traited axe does far more DPS than an untraited 100B.

Myrmidon Elite [ME] – Arkham [Ark] – Maguuma
PvP/WvW videos – http://www.youtube.com/user/noscopeentertainment/videos

in Warrior

Posted by: whizack.7239

whizack.7239

I’d say if you weren’t a liability then those people have no right to tell you how to play. Don’t reward them by staying.

in Warrior

Posted by: TheGuy.3568

TheGuy.3568

Its CoF so players tend to be kitten lets just admit it. Honestly, I am of the mind set if you hit things and don’t go down as long as the run is going smoothly who gives a kitten.

4,100 points booyah lol

Kor The Cold Heart War
Wrekkes-Engineer Kore Rok Thief-Asraithe-Ele

in Warrior

Venereus.9473

Thing is, you do less dps with ONLY axe/mace. If you wanna maximize your dps you should use gs for HB -> whirlwind -> swap to axe -> 6 normal attacks -> swap back to gs for HB.

If you are traited for axe, there is no point in switching to GS for 100B. A traited axe does far more DPS than an untraited 100B.

It’s true, with both traits that grant extra adrenaline on crits and the Burst skill recharge trait you can use a fully charged Eviscerate every 8 seconds. Beat that 100b noobs!

in Warrior

Posted by: Lysico.4906

Lysico.4906

Or play how you want with guildies and friends…

in Warrior

Posted by: Red Falcon.8257

Red Falcon.8257

You got into a team of bads. Happens.

I carried a guild of complete disasters through Arah once, had to solo most of the stuff, was kicked at the end with no explanations.
There is worse, as you can see.

in Warrior

Amicable Pugs.4503

It’s true, with both traits that grant extra adrenaline on crits and the Burst skill recharge trait you can use a fully charged Eviscerate every 8 seconds. Beat that 100b noobs!

100b noobs?Yea k whatever, do a dps test then <.< try it on a veteran risen giant, kill it UNDER 15 sec with axe/mace then tell me what does more dps.

in Warrior

Venereus.9473

100b noobs?Yea k whatever, do a dps test then <.< try it on a veteran risen giant, kill it UNDER 15 sec with axe/mace then tell me what does more dps.

Looks like some people can’t take a joke. Anyway, this thread is about dungeons where Warriors are expected to bring sustained DPS, so try again.

in Warrior

Amicable Pugs.4503

Looks like some people can’t take a joke. Anyway, this thread is about dungeons where Warriors are expected to bring sustained DPS, so try again.

Gratz on calling your argument a joke, couldn’t agree more

in Warrior

Posted by: Latinkuro.9420

Latinkuro.9420

The people who kicked you are jerks. Simple as that. On top of that I would add that they are uninformed jerks as well if they don’t understand the power of Axe/Mace.

^^ what he said,
plus idiots that kick you because you chose to use ruby orbs instead of scholar runes, morons don’t know that the only real big difference between the two is how much they cost.

in Warrior

Posted by: Rok.5260

Rok.5260

That’s messed up, nothing you can do, it’s just how people are in this world.

My suggestions in case the next time this might happen or you might meet people like this in the future.

BE THE ONE WHO STARTS THE DUNGEON

If they kick you out, then they all suffer

in Warrior

Posted by: somsom.5201

somsom.5201

This is actually what I look for. If the player has less than 1500-2K, I become highly concerned that they do not have the experience to understand how the mechanics of a boss/fractal works and ask upfront if they have done this before.

If a player has 4k+, I know that 99% of the time, they are probably a fine contribution with whatever class they are playing.

Yup, I follow this logic as well when playing recently. I especially get nervous when I see people in my CoF groups with less than 1000 achievs. That’s usually a flag right there that they don’t even know how to enter dungeons.

in Warrior

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

Yup, I follow this logic as well when playing recently. I especially get nervous when I see people in my CoF groups with less than 1000 achievs. That’s usually a flag right there that they don’t even know how to enter dungeons.

Sorry, I know this is a bit off topic, but… I feel like going on a mini rant.

Is this just trolling/sarcasm I’m taking too seriously? You realize that if achievement points have any correlation to player skill level at all, it is at best miniscule, right? You don’t get achievement points for being skillful, you get them for accomplishing an arbitrary check list of predefined objectives. Whether or not you do them skillfully is not taken into consideration.

For instance, you get achievement points simply by finishing story steps for different races, so just by virtue of having more characters, you have a higher potential achievement total. That doesn’t have any relation to skill.

Finishing jumping puzzles or finding certain markers on the maps gives you achievements, but the completion of such things does not make you apt for dungeons.

Mindlessly grinding mobs with different weapons nets you achievement points, but this again doesn’t apply any skill whatsoever. A bot is perfectly capable of attaining high achievement points in this manner.

Players who largely participate in other formats like WvW or sPvP may not have very high achievement points because they haven’t bothered addressing the checklist of items, but it doesn’t mean they’ve never run a dungeon or have a severe lack of skill.

It’s very possible that someone with a low achievement score is relatively new to the game, but it doesn’t mean they can’t follow instructions or learn how to do things. You should be able to explain it to them quite easily and lead by example with your 4000+ achievement points, no?

In other words, you could very easily be kicking out very skilled people and bringing on people with a subpar understanding of anything.

And how is an arbitrary number like 4000 achievement points considered a skill threshold? Is there some kind of mathematical forumla that proves a player has a given level of skill based on their achievement points? Or is it just that you have passed this threshold and are obviously extremely skilled, and therefore others need to be comparable to your own abilities based on this completely unrelated metric?

The only way to really measure someone’s performance is to see them in action. Until you’ve actually seen them in a dungeon run (i.e. group with them), I don’t think you have any reasonably defined, objective, and unbiased basis on which to exclude them.

I know you’re concerned about your time being wasted, but you’re going to end up shooting yourself in the foot with the aforementioned attitude when the population of these people with high achievement scores wanes. It’s the same reason some employers have a tough time finding new employees from university. They all compete for people with GPAs of 3.6+, and then complain about how there’s a shortage of people in the industry. Meanwhile, troves of incredibly skilled (and sometimes more competent) potential employees are just passed over.

Besides, it’s not like you figured out how to run all the dungeons on your own. If you’re not going to try to include others and encourage the development of people you view as less skilled, then you’re just going to stagnate the pool of people on whom you rely upon to run dungeons in the first place.