Killshot hitting for 12k+

in Warrior

Posted by: Jamais vu.5284

Jamais vu.5284

http://i.imgur.com/zIsyVTD.jpg
Tell me I’m a glass cannon, because I didn’t consider myself one with a toughness of 1132, but all I know is that warrior was alone and couldn’t have had many stacks of might, and what magical stacks of vulnerability could I have had accumulated from a whopping 15 second encounter against two foes (one of which didn’t live long)?

What will come next, 1-hit kill headshots? The only possible way you can mitigate the Killshot damage is to have to Warrior in focus and time your dodge, which is nicely possible but still doesn’t excuse the out-of-whack numbers. Have I mentioned yet that I’m not a glass cannon and run with a balanced build?
It seems like an I-WIN button brought to you by the “balance mastermind” behind latter GW1.

in Warrior

Posted by: Setun.4368

Setun.4368

On My Mark gives 10 stacks instantly, and rifle #4 iirc puts an additional 5 stacks, so that’s 15 stacks of vulnerability in less than 2 seconds…..also 1132 toughness is super glassy imo. Plus I’m guessing that warrior was mostly / full zerker since his volley shots after kill shot were doing 2.2k+ according to your combat log. To be fair kill shot is the most obvious attack in the game, hence its high damage. The warrior has to kneel down for 2-3 seconds before getting the shot off, so dodging, blocking, blinding, stunning, dazing, knockback, knockdown, and/or simple line of sight hiding will mess the hit up.

in Warrior

Posted by: dooger.2640

dooger.2640

if you were glass it would hit for 20k.

Its a big old giant pve telegraphed Shoooooooooooooooooooooot

soon as you see an enemy looking like he is pooping with a stick in his hand get ready to duck

in Warrior

Posted by: CrassBippy.4619

CrassBippy.4619

1132 toughness is only 200 toughness away from glass cannon. so ya, youre glass. but ya, people can do ridiculous damage, especially in WvW

Bi Furious [Fist] YB

in Warrior

Posted by: google.3709

google.3709

12k is low, you can go as high as 20k on PvP

in Warrior

Posted by: XII.9401

XII.9401

Aaahahaha! A thief complaining about getting hit hard by other classes.

If the most broken stealth class in mmo history can’t carry you enough and you can’t dodge ther most easily choreographed move in the game..I dunno what to say..

Try the mesmer or guardian..they might carry you better!

Gimme a sec to wipe my tears of laughter. You have made my day.

Wear tankier gear. Go to spvp as a war and see what killshot looks like and then go back and spam heart seeker some more.

in Warrior

Posted by: Scoobaniec.9561

Scoobaniec.9561

So lemme guess..u don’t know how to dodge a skill that takes few seconds to cast?

in Warrior

Posted by: Vazir.5867

Vazir.5867

Gunnar’s Hold ยท Draugur [Drgr] Brimhorn and yes I have a pink quaggan backpack

in Warrior

Posted by: Luske.3297

Luske.3297

12k is low…

I made a video with multi 20k+ crit hits against 80’s s (all classes).
My highest is 36.8k against an upleveled.

You have alot of classes that can hit hard (warrior, thief, engi, combo hitting ele’s)

in Warrior

Posted by: Cygnus.6903

Cygnus.6903

You can smell the thief a mile away.

Too bad scent doesn’t reveal you in gw2.

I only state my opinion unless stated otherwise.
Hulk Roaming Montages/Build Vids
I always rage but never quit.

in Warrior

Posted by: Gathslan.1870

Gathslan.1870

I have fought 5 people at once and still managed to spot and dodge the most predictable ability in the game, killshot.

How does one get hit by killshot.
And a thief can do similar dmg with a backstab that you can spam while in stealth till it hits and has almost no animation

(well it will hit unless you block, then thieves cant land backstabs anymore <3)
And you are quite wrong, the only reason an ability should hit very hard is due to a long dodgeable/blockable animation. More classes need to be like this not less :P

Hope you dodge the most obvious ability in the game next time, especially since you can blind often and have alot of endurance as a class.

(edited by Gathslan.1870)

in Warrior

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

Tell me I’m a glass cannon, because I didn’t consider myself one with a toughness of 1132

“I wear 2 knight’s rings and nothing else defensive but still don’t actually hit very hard, tell me I’m a glass cannon.”

How does one get hit by killshot.

Shadow refuge 5 rifle warriors equipped with penetrating shots into range of a zerg v zerg. Can some1 say firing squad?

in Warrior

Posted by: Dand.8231

Dand.8231

This just in!
Glass cannons can hit other glass cannons for high damage!
Film at 11!

in Warrior

Posted by: killahmayne.9518

killahmayne.9518

1100 Toughness is pretty glass, FYI, plenty of other classes can hit that hard, especially thieves.

If you run glass cannon expect to get 1 shot by another glass cannon..

Mace/Greatsword Video (Sept Patch)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoAjKtD6MLY

in Warrior

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

Whirling Wrath can hit for far more, lets nerf Guardians.

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

in Warrior

Posted by: Redscope.6215

Redscope.6215

http://i.imgur.com/zIsyVTD.jpg
Tell me I’m a glass cannon, because I didn’t consider myself one with a toughness of 1132, but all I know is that warrior was alone and couldn’t have had many stacks of might, and what magical stacks of vulnerability could I have had accumulated from a whopping 15 second encounter against two foes (one of which didn’t live long)?

What will come next, 1-hit kill headshots? The only possible way you can mitigate the Killshot damage is to have to Warrior in focus and time your dodge, which is nicely possible but still doesn’t excuse the out-of-whack numbers. Have I mentioned yet that I’m not a glass cannon and run with a balanced build?
It seems like an I-WIN button brought to you by the “balance mastermind” behind latter GW1.

Wow. Possibly the easiest, most telegraphed skill to dodge in the game being complained about by a player using the class with the most evasions in the game.

How about I just quote you from the past, hmm?

OP did the thought occur to you
ever
that you should get better at the game mayhaps?
[snip]

I think your main problem is you have no idea how thief works, and you need to learn how it works[snip]

This.

Indeed. All of this, plus:

• 216 extra Toughness doesn’t make you a balanced build
  • 15 seconds is longer than most thieves need to kill or realize they’re going to lose and mulligan
  • Backstab does way more damage when traited and executed properly
  • Instagib from stealth is worse than burst with a 2 second highly interruptable cast time, a root, and a massive tell

I’ll let you writhe over a warrior beating you. Someone who takes personally the fact that he plays a thief and wrongfully assumes they’re meant to be top dog in 1v1s. You’re pretty much the reason why I love to smack-up thieves and corpse jump them until they respawn. On every class I play.

Too many people like you flock to the thief archtype in games, and then cry when you lose.

In short, L2P.

(edited by Redscope.6215)