Killshot

Killshot

in Warrior

Posted by: Daendur.2357

Daendur.2357

Don’t you think Killshot does too much damage?
I mean, ok, it has a recognizable anation and in 1vs1 it’s quite easy to counter it, but when numbers grow up a bit, it’s not so hard to not see that warrior at 1500 range…
1¼s cast time, with haste becomes 0.625s and that’s pretty fast.
Yesterday I took more than 18K by a single killshot (18183 dmg).
I think killshot shiuld do 50% less damage.

Black Thunders [BT] – Gandara

Killshot

in Warrior

Posted by: RJMazz.6798

RJMazz.6798

No. Learn to dodge.

Killshot

in Warrior

Daendur.2357

No. Learn to dodge.

What an answer. Awesome

Killshot

in Warrior

Posted by: Cygnus.6903

Cygnus.6903

No. Learn to dodge.

What an answer. Awesome

Yet, he said it all.

I only state my opinion unless stated otherwise.
Hulk Roaming Montages/Build Vids
I always rage but never quit.

Killshot

in Warrior

Daendur.2357

So please teach me. How can I dodge something I cannot see?

Killshot

in Warrior

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

Killshot isnt 1500 range? But on a warrior asura it can be tricky to spot nonetheless, but it comes down to you having experience vs warriors, knowing/feeling when theyre going to do X. This is quite simple vs warriors as theyre easy to read by their “simplistic” mechanics. If you are unaware, class X will kill you, much like a rapid fire.

I do think you’re reading to much into this rifle damage, look at it from a different perspective as rifle doesnt really provide much else. It would be different if rifle had the same abilities like a greatsword with evasion, damage, mobility. Single target damage is what rifle is in a nutshell, but even then it’s not a great 1v1 wep vs a competent aware enemy.

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

Killshot

in Warrior

Posted by: Cygnus.6903

Cygnus.6903

Did you ever fight a thief? Or a Mesmer?

Same principle, really. They just have defense, whereas the rifle warrior does not.

Not trying to flame you here bud, killshot is indeed hard to see when zerging. But, don’t you find it strange that we don’t see armies of rifle warriors in WvW, if it’s supposed to be so strong?

I only state my opinion unless stated otherwise.
Hulk Roaming Montages/Build Vids
I always rage but never quit.

Killshot

in Warrior

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

you know, it is really your fault for not seeing it in the first place.

Killshot

in Warrior

Posted by: Choppy.4183

Choppy.4183

Honestly, I think the OP is correct. There’s either too much counterplay to killshot (like in a 1v1) or too little (like in a group fight/at range like the OP described).

What’s the sense in having a skill in the game that can one shot people without them having practically any chance of avoiding the hit (unless they’re dueling) on an otherwise underpowered weapon?

How many posts have we seen on this subforum from people complaining the rifle is underpowered, needs buffs, etc.? Seems to me dropping the potential damage down by a fair bit, reducing the channel time and/or adding a status effect, and then improving the other five skills would make the rifle more fun to play and to play against.

I’m Biff Rangoon, and I approved this message.
Ehmry Bay | Omg Brb Icecream Truck (ICEE)

(edited by Choppy.4183)

Killshot

in Warrior

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

Agree with Choppy here. Rifle is very niche….nice when firing into a zerg but as Cygnus said its still not that great otherwise why arent we seeing more rifle warriors in zergs?

reducing damage, reducing cast time and improving the other skills would make rifle more useful and fun to play.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

Killshot

in Warrior

Posted by: Serdoc.7261

Serdoc.7261

lol, killshot is so easy to stop.
Blind him, or dodge the killshot, or block the killshot, or evade the killshot…

I’m not sure, can you, umm…. do that again? ROM – 2015
#allisvain

Killshot

in Warrior

Posted by: RJMazz.6798

RJMazz.6798

Please suggest rifle buffs and changes or leave it be and learn to play.

If Killshot is nerfed this weapon will have literally no saving grace. It has one and only one role and that is to setup and do Killshot.

Killshot

in Warrior

Posted by: BurrTheKing.8571

BurrTheKing.8571

I’ve said it a million times but I’ll say it again.

Killshot is fine, it’s the auto attack and Aimed Shot that are underwhelming. Just slightly upping the AA damage and making Aimed shot a Daze with some sort of bonus on interrupt (damage, reduced CD, increased enemy skill recharge) would make it a fairly decent weapon.

Heck, I already do OK with this. It’s main issue is fighting the currently OP specs like D/D Ele and instant Taunt on Ranger. I actually think Beastmaster Ranger would be OP if not for D/D Ele.

The Daze on Aimed Shot would synergize well with multiple traits and the new Gun Flame burst. It would also add a bit more skill to the weapon as well. I’m leaning towards bonus damage on interrupt because it would allow for DPS outside of Volley and KS.

Just an angry old man…

Old Man Burr (War), Bad Hat Ben (Engi), Manly Manny Manson (Guard)

Killshot

in Warrior

Posted by: Valik Shin.9027

Valik Shin.9027

Kill shot is a perfect example of high risk high reward. Unless traited it isn’t a for sure crit and u have to be very glassy to have get those high damage numbers. Yes it can be powerful but it’s not any worse than a backstab thief if u factor in that u at least have a chance to see the warrior

Valik Shin
Darkwood Legion [DARK]
Yak’s Bend

Killshot

in Warrior

Posted by: Choppy.4183

Choppy.4183

Kill shot is a perfect example of high risk high reward. Unless traited it isn’t a for sure crit and u have to be very glassy to have get those high damage numbers. Yes it can be powerful but it’s not any worse than a backstab thief if u factor in that u at least have a chance to see the warrior

Is it though? Although I have run it successfully in duels, I’d never run it normally precisely because it’s so easy to counter in small fights. Meanwhile, it’s effortless to land in bigger fights where the damage potential is way higher.

So the result is, more or less, a high risk/low reward weapon overall (dps wise) or low risk/high reward, depending on the context.

Makes it a mostly meh weapon except for the occassional lulz, imo.

I’m Biff Rangoon, and I approved this message.
Ehmry Bay | Omg Brb Icecream Truck (ICEE)

(edited by Choppy.4183)

Killshot

in Warrior

Daendur.2357

sorry, but where is the “high risk” part of being at 1500 range on a profession with heavy armor, high health pool and immunities?
a thief is medium armor, lowe health and have to come in melee range-be stealthed-hit from back to do more or less half damage than a killshot.

And to ppl that still wants to compare warriors and thief, I’d like to remember you that because of the almost “instant kill” thieves had their Assassin’s Signet+Basilisk Venom+Mug nerfed, since there were a ton of QQ on forums because “it’s not fair to be oneshotted”.

edit: are there better weapons ? maybe yes, as there were better builds for thieves when there was the “instakill”. the point is: is it fair to have the oneshot option? and if so, why is it fair for some professions and unfair for some others?

(edited by Daendur.2357)

Killshot

in Warrior

Posted by: ShakeyStorm.7180

ShakeyStorm.7180

Given that you did not see a Warrior’s Killshot was aimed at you (low armored thief), you get hit, you go on down state. OP? Warrior is a burst type of profession. Warrior does not have stealth, clones, or perma dodge to get into position.

You got out positioned and also did not have environment awareness as required for all Thieves.

Post the same in the Thief boards and you will get the same answer… L2P.

Killshot

in Warrior

Posted by: Rekt.5360

Rekt.5360

sorry, but where is the “high risk” part of being at 1500 range on a profession with heavy armor, high health pool and immunities?
a thief is medium armor, lowe health and have to come in melee range-be stealthed-hit from back to do more or less half damage than a killshot.

And to ppl that still wants to compare warriors and thief, I’d like to remember you that because of the almost “instant kill” thieves had their Assassin’s Signet+Basilisk Venom+Mug nerfed, since there were a ton of QQ on forums because “it’s not fair to be oneshotted”.

edit: are there better weapons ? maybe yes, as there were better builds for thieves when there was the “instakill”. the point is: is it fair to have the oneshot option? and if so, why is it fair for some professions and unfair for some others?

Except a thief can teleport to you with Shadowstep/Steal/Infiltrator’s Signet and if you’re running sword infiltrator’s strike, the first three can also be used in conjunction with Cloak and dagger (if you run dagger offhand) for Stealth coupled with a teleport from 900 or 1200 range usually followed by a backstab that does an easy 6k dmg even on heavy armored classes. You have a serious problem if you find killshot anywhere close to equivalent to all the burst potential a dagger main hand thief has.

Don’t even get me started on d/p blind spam; its in a better position than killshot warr will probably ever be. There’s a big difference between the old thief 1shot combo and killshot, mostly being that the former is much easier to land on an opponent that is aware, left alone on one that isn’t, as it provides you with CC while simultaneously bursting the target. Hence, as the person being hit by that you absolutely needed to get the heck out of there in a split second’s time or pop an immunity IMMEDIATELY to avoid being 1 shotted. Killshot is essentially a “let me crouch here in my super obvious position and fire something at you”, do you see the difference? One has the ability to oneshot you if you stand there for over 1seconds without realizing what they’re about to fire at you. The other one can backstab you for over 75% of your HP (if you’re a low health class) from stealth when you couldn’t really anticipate it.

I really don’t see how anyone can call Killshot broken in SPvP, in WvW zergs yes it can be a bit kittened because you can kill a stupid number of targets but SPvP is so small scale that even if you do get killed once you’ll know which warrior is running a rifle so you can pay attention to him after that. Seriously the amount of tunnel vision and lack of situational awareness in SPvP is crazy.

/endrant

Vanov {Warrior} ~ Still waiting for “Guide on Making Proper ||#1 Warr NA|| Sig”

Killshot

in Warrior

Daendur.2357

You can go on writing L2P if that makes you feel pro, but the fact still remains. That damage is too high. 10K, I can live with, add some vulnerability, or a blind, or change some other skills to make rifle more appealing, but to be 1shotted from 1500 range isn’t fair nor amusing.

Killshot

in Warrior

ShakeyStorm.7180

You can go on writing L2P if that makes you feel pro, but the fact still remains. That damage is too high. 10K, I can live with, add some vulnerability, or a blind, or change some other skills to make rifle more appealing, but to be 1shotted from 1500 range isn’t fair nor amusing.

Before complaining here, have you brought this up in the Thief forum? You can get some advice on how to counterplay Warrior both in PvP and WvW.

We are actually being generous by telling you how to kill us and still you are not satisfied.

Killshot

in Warrior

Posted by: online.1278

online.1278

nah, kill shot need to do 50% more dmg as compared to eviscerate in a point that how it hard to land killshot

The Korean Gamer (Best Warrior NA)
My Stream : http://www.twitch.tv/eSportsKorea see me vs Tarcis, Chaith, Crysis and etc!

Killshot

in Warrior

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Rifle is a complete gimmick weapon. The only reason people use it is for Killshot. I agree with the first poster, learn to dodge.

Yes it can be difficult to see coming in a group but you know what? It’s even harder to see that Mesmer coming at you from stealth ready to insta-burst you to 0 before teleporting away and going immune to everything with Distortion. There are far more powerful things to worry about in group fights than a Killshot Warrior. Not to mention if there is a Killshot Warrior in a group, just get rid of him first… Not the Warrior’s fault that you’re full Berserker and not doing anything to prevent him from shooting you.

Also, for the record, Gw2 is not balanced around 1v1 despite what all the elitists like to think. It’s a team based game. Certain builds are going to be very powerful in groups and very weak by themselves. That’s why you focus those builds first. Eg. the power Necromancer that can wipe 5 people from the backline with Wells but can’t defend themselves against hard CC.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

Killshot

in Warrior

Posted by: Ilias.8647

Ilias.8647

I agree that Killshot deals lots of damage. Its hard to dodge under some circumstances and even with lots of toughness the damage is still quite high.

The fact that another profession can do something even more extreme (like Mesmer bursting you from stealth) can’t simply justify everything that’s below that level.

Currently residing on … Gandara[EU]

Killshot

in Warrior

Posted by: Rekt.5360

Rekt.5360

Tbh we could talk about a crapload of other things that aren’t fair or amusing (think about how it feels when a dagger thief opens on you with venom when you’ve already blown your stunbreaks due to an earlier fight) but it still remains that killshot is incredibly easy to dodge or blind, also I seriously doubt any warrior fires it at exactly 1.5k range unless he camps Rifle in which case he’s doing a terrible thing.

The way I play whenever there’s a killshot war is that I use my peripheral vision to keep track of him until he dies or I die. I mean you’ll VERY rarely be hit with a killshot without him pew pewing at you first; he needs to build up Adrenaline and there’s only 1 signet that does that instantly and nobody uses it, pretty much. So its very unlikely that killshot will be the first attack he fires off and that you’ll be caught totally unaware, am I not right?

I don’t know which thief build you play but you should have enough tools to help you survive. If you have a dagger offhand you can easily teleport+Cloak and dagger to stealth and evade it or stealth on another person if you notice the warrior getting ready. If you have a pistol just blind him. In the worst case after he’s fired it from a longer distance you can always teleport to him once the bullet has flown away and you won’t take dmg. Not to mention the speed at which killshot flies is far from quick, if it was like a LB archer’s knockback where the windup time is minimal and the projectile is very fast I’d understand but that isn’t really the case.

Vanov {Warrior} ~ Still waiting for “Guide on Making Proper ||#1 Warr NA|| Sig”

Killshot

in Warrior

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

deal with it.
it is your fault to get one shot by a highly telegraphed attack.

Killshot

in Warrior

Posted by: lighter.2708

lighter.2708

when at 1500 range, all u need to do is walk one step backward and it will be out of range…

Killshot

in Warrior

Posted by: Sifu.9745

Sifu.9745

Kill Shot is ok. It is much harder to hit a running opponent with Combustive Shot or get a full benefit of it on your LB.
With Kill Shot you at least have a chance to hit someone, while LB burst skill … You can just walk away from it, not even need to doge it. Hopefuly Berserk will solve this issue on LB.

Killshot

in Warrior

Posted by: Ice.5162

Ice.5162

Rifle is one foot in the grave, not just for warriors but for the sole fact that only two classes can use it in the entire game. HoT seems it’ll leave it in the dust for an even longer time, stop bullying it, and learn to observe telegraphs.

Killshot

in Warrior

Posted by: Blaine Tog.8304

Blaine Tog.8304

Kill shot is a perfect example of high risk high reward.

It’s 1500 range. That alone makes it one of the least risky skills in the game. I’m not saying it’s OP or anything, but it really isn’t risky unless your opponent is already in your face.

I main Ele and Necro, though I have an alt of each profession at level 80.
How to Condi Reaper on a budget
Everything I say is only in reference to PvE and WvW.

Killshot

in Warrior

ShakeyStorm.7180

Kill shot is a perfect example of high risk high reward.

It’s 1500 range. That alone makes it one of the least risky skills in the game. I’m not saying it’s OP or anything, but it really isn’t risky unless your opponent is already in your face.

How many times must it be said that the only thing good about rifle is Killshot? Seriously choosing rifle instead of other weapons available automatically makes you high risk.