"Last stand" is just bad........

in Warrior

Posted by: Romgaard.1965

Romgaard.1965

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Last_Stand

5 stacks on 90 sec cooldown…really?……and a master trait?….
Am I the only one who thinks, that this is a bad trait?

in Warrior

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

Nah you’re not the only one.

in Warrior

Posted by: BlackTruth.6813

BlackTruth.6813

It’s good in DPS Warrior for PvP considering the mind set and challenge is to out-damage people before they put condis on you.

Other than that, it’s pointless to take for attrition specs.

twitch.tv/blacktruth009
Schwahrheit, #1 Fuhrer NA, Just your everyday typical rager

in Warrior

Posted by: Larynx.2453

Larynx.2453

It’s good in DPS Warrior for PvP considering the mind set and challenge is to out-damage people before they put condis on you.

Other than that, it’s pointless to take for attrition specs.

Minus Reflect Missiles, Dogged March, Cleansing Ire, and Defy Pain. Great trait for DPS warrior in PvP.

If you’re gonna go Defense but not take Cleansing Ire, you shouldn’t go Defense. If you go 6 Defense, Defy Pain > Last Stand every single time.

in Warrior

Posted by: Artaz.3819

Artaz.3819

First, it’s a niche trait for WvW or PvP. The real problem isn’t that it’s bad, it’s that Cleansing Ire is just THAT good.

in Warrior

Posted by: Kagamiku.9731

Kagamiku.9731

First, it’s a niche trait for WvW or PvP. The real problem isn’t that it’s bad, it’s that Cleansing Ire is just THAT good.

Nevermind Cleansing Ire…Dogged March is better than it and that’s in the adept tree. Ignore pain is also better than it. 5stacks is so easy to lose when you’re against 2 or more players. Pretty sure anyone not taking dogged march/cleaning ire/merciless hammer is swapping MH for ignore pain. Any non-hambow build. Some people take missile deflection…as niche as that is.

Last stand was decent for zerging before the stability change, now it’s garbage. 5stacks you can’t even decide when to activate is barely useful at all.

in Warrior

Posted by: ShakeyStorm.7180

ShakeyStorm.7180

Works well with Rousing Resilience. 1000 extra armor for 8 seconds in a WvW clash will help you survive long enough to do your chain then eject from the fight. Pop the Balanced Stance and you get another 8 seconds.

in Warrior

Posted by: gmmg.9210

gmmg.9210

Yeah, I got to agree with this. This trait is overshadowed clearly by other more powerful ones. No matter what type of competitive build being used there is no way I could imagine taking Last Stand over CI, MH, DM, or even MD. Reducing the cool down to 70 or 60 seconds could help, or increasing the stability to 10 stacks. In any case I find that if you want stability, just go for the skill and not the trait.

in Warrior

Posted by: ZeftheWicked.3076

ZeftheWicked.3076

The point here is that it gets yout out of cc trouble automatically, and is a non utility slot consuming source of stability.

How many times do we use our stab to secure a stomp? I’d say quite often. now imagine a scenario where they downed person does not use his cc despite being able to. You just wasted a precious dolyak signet/balanced stance/rampage.

With this little trait on if he does not manage to cc you you don’t waste it’s cast. Also pretty darn useful when your main source of stability is on cooldown and in pvp smart people will have their eyes peeled for expiration of your stability so they can go cc wild on your kitten . Well…surprise!

I’m guessing 90s is due to abundance of stability for warrior. If it was any shorter us warriors could get some really sick stability uptime…well we do anyway.

in Warrior

Posted by: Kagamiku.9731

Kagamiku.9731

It’s 5 stacks of stability on a 90second cd, that’s terrible no matter how you slice it. At the very least it should apply 10stacks like Dolyak Signet does.

We do have multiple stab choices but no one runs both dolyak and balanced stance, so it’s kind of a moot point.

(edited by Kagamiku.9731)

in Warrior

Posted by: ZeftheWicked.3076

ZeftheWicked.3076

Well i’m fine with last stand being the way it is should i need it. “Stand your Ground!” on the other hand – that thing needs a big, hard spiked nerf bat..

in Warrior

Posted by: Torqiseknite.1380

Torqiseknite.1380

The point here is that it gets yout out of cc trouble automatically, and is a non utility slot consuming source of stability.

How many times do we use our stab to secure a stomp? I’d say quite often. now imagine a scenario where they downed person does not use his cc despite being able to. You just wasted a precious dolyak signet/balanced stance/rampage.

With this little trait on if he does not manage to cc you you don’t waste it’s cast. Also pretty darn useful when your main source of stability is on cooldown and in pvp smart people will have their eyes peeled for expiration of your stability so they can go cc wild on your kitten . Well…surprise!

I’m guessing 90s is due to abundance of stability for warrior. If it was any shorter us warriors could get some really sick stability uptime…well we do anyway.

This trait is useless for stomping because it doesn’t offer any preemptive cc resistance. For example, if a ranger dazes you with Thunderclap, Last Stand will break you out of the daze, but your stomp will already have been interrupted so you’ll have to restart the animation anyways.

(edited by Torqiseknite.1380)