Leaked? Warrior elite and such

in Warrior

Posted by: Joxer.6024

Joxer.6024

Sooo, this “leaked” elite and all that, is it going to be worth it class wise? I am wanting to stick with Warrior, make it my main if you will, so am really hoping for some wonderful changes/additions, whatever.
Anyone have any decent insight as to what might be forthcoming, or is it all still just rumors and wishful thinking?
I do enjoy being able to have condi damage at both ranged and melee, but LB is starting to become so boring. Be nice to see some other options for sure and knowing that there might be hope may keep me from jumping ship. Cheers!

in Warrior

Posted by: Remix.2086

Remix.2086

If you take the past specs into consideration and ANets habits. There’s a high chance dagger will either power or support based weapon. It’s unlikely they will give 2 specs condi weapons in a row.

That being said, if it’s support the traits will likely be weighed heavily in that aspect (just like tempest,Druid)

If it’s a power based weapon the traits will likely favor both condi and power (much like daredevils, reapers)

But in the end they’re still ANet, so who knows with their logic. Dagger very well could be a condi weapon haha

[MR] Mist Raiders
Sucks to Suck

in Warrior

Posted by: TempestMoon.5403

TempestMoon.5403

Considering where we’re going with the expansion I honestly expect the Spellbreaker to be like a Paragon 2.0 — skewed toward support with some offensive capabilities.

in Warrior

Posted by: Alchemi.1248

Alchemi.1248

I have a feeling that the daggers will be a mid range (900) weapon, and that they’ll basically act as power/condi throwing daggers. A mid-range weapon is the only thing missing from our kitten nal. Fast melee range weapon is already covered by axes. As far as the specialization itself, I have a feeling it will be anti-magic support, as suggested by the name. So maybe shields or field nullification. Silencing maybe?

in Warrior

Posted by: Choppy.4183

Choppy.4183

I have a feeling that the daggers will be a mid range (900) weapon, and that they’ll basically act as power/condi throwing daggers. A mid-range weapon is the only thing missing from our kitten nal. Fast melee range weapon is already covered by axes. As far as the specialization itself, I have a feeling it will be anti-magic support, as suggested by the name. So maybe shields or field nullification. Silencing maybe?

I’m predicting the same, though not the shields because Anet has been consistent about keeping warrior away from magic type effects. Possibly interrupts.

I’d expect off hand dagger will be either both melee or one melee and one mid-range. Main hand might even have a mid range auto, otherwise a low CD mid skill. That’s my guess anyway.

I’m Biff Rangoon, and I approved this message.
Ehmry Bay | Omg Brb Icecream Truck (ICEE)

in Warrior

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

dagger will be range weapon probably with warrior stealth or some tipe of mobility setup that will be really weird.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in Warrior

Posted by: Mthe mystery.4615

Mthe mystery.4615

If dagger, dagger will truly be support based, then why not just give us a spear? Spear would be better suited that d/d for support imo.

in Warrior

Posted by: Artaz.3819

Artaz.3819

It won’t be 900 (Warrior design philosophy is up-in-your-face so weapon will be designed to do that). Don’t get any crazy ideas that you’ll be able to equip with offhand shield or warhorn…at least yet.

It will be faster attacking. Faster attacking = more adrenaline. More adrenaline = OP especially with some traits (quickness boon/additional adrenaline per related).

Yes, it’ll be far and away better like HoT power creep still subject to nerfage but ANet is gunning for “balanced” DPS across all new expansion elite specializations. I don’t have a high degree of faith here since quality balance is poor especially with a lack of understanding on burst damage/stat stacking and how non-player bonuses work (recent change adding Might boon to clones).

New elites will likely support the new condi type.

in Warrior

Joxer.6024

Oh please just make rifle viable for condi…or a spear..I like that! Just something different from LB but keeping that range. Hell, a big ol bazooka be fun…lol.

in Warrior

Posted by: bearshaman.3421

bearshaman.3421

It won’t be 900 (Warrior design philosophy is up-in-your-face so weapon will be designed to do that). Don’t get any crazy ideas that you’ll be able to equip with offhand shield or warhorn…at least yet.

It will be faster attacking. Faster attacking = more adrenaline. More adrenaline = OP especially with some traits (quickness boon/additional adrenaline per related).

Yes, it’ll be far and away better like HoT power creep still subject to nerfage but ANet is gunning for “balanced” DPS across all new expansion elite specializations. I don’t have a high degree of faith here since quality balance is poor especially with a lack of understanding on burst damage/stat stacking and how non-player bonuses work (recent change adding Might boon to clones).

New elites will likely support the new condi type.

Given the range on rifle and longbow, I’m not sure how you can claim that our only range is melee. There are times when melee is better, but it is definitely not our only “philosophy”. I do think it is impossible to guess what the range will be with daggers, but regardless of that, I think it will not be a condi weapon, since berserker has that covered.

in Warrior

bearshaman.3421

Oh please just make rifle viable for condi…or a spear..I like that! Just something different from LB but keeping that range. Hell, a big ol bazooka be fun…lol.

umm… why would they change a preexisting weapon that is the long range power weapon option? That would be bad, and elite specs obviously don’t do that.

in Warrior

Joxer.6024

umm… why would they change a preexisting weapon that is the long range power weapon option? That would be bad, and elite specs obviously don’t do that.

Yea, I get that…and know it wont happen. Just am hoping for options is all.

in Warrior

Posted by: JTGuevara.9018

JTGuevara.9018

A DAGGER?! Pfffft…passs

in Warrior

bearshaman.3421

Yea, I get that…and know it wont happen. Just am hoping for options is all.

If you want a condi rifle, I’m pretty sure that’s what thief is gonna have for its next elite.

in Warrior

Posted by: Zsoak.5409

Zsoak.5409

Maybe it’s not a popular opinion, but I think the new elite spec (or at least some aspects of it) might be focused on damage mitigation / tanking. So if let’s say mesmers get a new dps focused spec, and alacrity could be covered from other sources, then we might be able to compete for the raid tank spot.
I’m assuming this because of the following..First of all, warriors have dps (with Berserker spec) and support (even with core warrior) already covered, so maybe it's time to introduce a bit more tanky/CC'y spec. The name Spellbreaker can also mean that they literally break harmful spells targeted at them, negating/reducing their effect. Judging by the leaked elite spec 'skill wheel', both the artwork and some of the abilities' icons can be associated with strong balance, hardened body, 'state of mind' etc., so the rage bar might be switched with something themed like this, and spending it can cause some cool defensive abilities. Also as daggers are commonly associated with mobility - some extra iframes and movements can help avoiding damage too. Lastly, somewhere I've read the Spellbreaker lore will have ties to the Order of the Sunspears (being their descendants of something like that, unfortunately cannot cite the source) - and Sunspears were also protectors/guardians.
The downside with this theory is I don’t know how will it fare in game modes other than Raids/PvP/WvW – for example in open world PvE you don’t really need that much defensive abilities, only dps. Also warrior can already be tough with the Defense traitline alone, so yeah, while I’d like to see some more ‘survival stuff’ not sure we need it.. :)
Edit: now just as I continued to speculate with it, maybe gaining damage buffs / scaling damage abilities depending on how much damage we soaked? Who knows :)

(edited by Zsoak.5409)

in Warrior

Posted by: Kastylx.3725

Kastylx.3725

I just hope they wont butcher the “warrior” conception. I want to smash thing, i dont want to be a heavy-dagger ninja with defensive abilities only because its the meta for an entire expansion. Like how i dislike LB – im supposed to be hitting stuffs, hard, not condi pew pewing.

in Warrior

bearshaman.3421

To each their own. If you don’t like the new elite, you can still play berserker. No one is gonna force you to switch to it, and they are both elites. It’s not like your power curve is gonna go down.