Level 30 zerker warrior dungeon setup

in Warrior

Posted by: BlasiuS.8961

BlasiuS.8961

I’m looking to quickly level my warrior as soon as I hit level 30.

What’s a good setup for running AC story at level 30?

in Warrior

Posted by: applied disbelief.8763

applied disbelief.8763

Getting 4 level 80s to carry you. Trying to do AC right at 30 can be… rough, if you don’t know the dungeon well already.

“Everything sacred is a tie, a fetter.”

in Warrior

BlasiuS.8961

Getting 4 level 80s to carry you. Trying to do AC right at 30 can be… rough, if you don’t know the dungeon well already.

well what exactly do I need to know about the dungeon in order to do it at level 30?

in Warrior

Posted by: Warlord.9074

Warlord.9074

leveling in dungeons isn’t the fastest way to level.

“Just press 2 to win all the dps was us cuz we’re a
warrior and we’re the best class” Eugene

in Warrior

Posted by: JJBigs.8456

JJBigs.8456

-Ghost Rangers are hard to fight because they will poison you and make your heal nearly worthless. Try to let them aggro others or block/dodge them and then melee them dead quickly.

-Warriors hurt, do not facetank, circle strafe, stick and move attack them

-Necros will put like 8 conditions on you but most of them dont do that much damage. Sit on top of them and spam your highest DPS until they die.

- CC is good for keeping warriors off your back, but its too hard to time rupts or CC on the other enemy’s.

-The Lover’s boss fight will be incredible hard for a zerker warrior. Go all defensive, do not even attempt to melee.

-The final King Adelborne boss will kill you if you melee, range him , dodge circles and you shouldnt die.

-Dont open multiple tombs in the beggining to avoid fighting more than 1 monster at a time.

-Bring at least 1 form of condition removal.

-Use Greatsword for 100b, evades from whirlwind, and Rush #5 has decent dps if you think that will finish a enemy off

-Focus fire enemys. Even as zerker, you cannot solo carry the team. Dont be off trying to kill your own Ele, while the team is beating down on a Ranger. You wont win any solo battles here, but if you zerker warrior focus with team, itll sync very nicely

in Warrior

BlasiuS.8961

-Ghost Rangers are hard to fight because they will poison you and make your heal nearly worthless. Try to let them aggro others or block/dodge them and then melee them dead quickly.

-Warriors hurt, do not facetank, circle strafe, stick and move attack them

-Necros will put like 8 conditions on you but most of them dont do that much damage. Sit on top of them and spam your highest DPS until they die.

- CC is good for keeping warriors off your back, but its too hard to time rupts or CC on the other enemy’s.

-The Lover’s boss fight will be incredible hard for a zerker warrior. Go all defensive, do not even attempt to melee.

-The final King Adelborne boss will kill you if you melee, range him , dodge circles and you shouldnt die.

-Dont open multiple tombs in the beggining to avoid fighting more than 1 monster at a time.

-Bring at least 1 form of condition removal.

-Use Greatsword for 100b, evades from whirlwind, and Rush #5 has decent dps if you think that will finish a enemy off

-Focus fire enemys. Even as zerker, you cannot solo carry the team. Dont be off trying to kill your own Ele, while the team is beating down on a Ranger. You wont win any solo battles here, but if you zerker warrior focus with team, itll sync very nicely

this is great info, and thanks for answering my 2nd question, but the point of this thread is my 1st question, the one I asked in the OP. What’s the answer to that one?

leveling in dungeons isn’t the fastest way to level.

please stay on-topic.

in Warrior

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

How are you a ‘zerker’ warrior if you’re only level 30? Berserker gear isn’t available until level 55.

On topic: People say dungeons aren’t good unless you’re high level but those people are wrong. The most important thing you need when running a dungeon is knowledge and persistence. If you’re new, expect to die a good few times until you learn the monsters you face. Don’t give up though…even a level 80 who is new will be eaten alive by those mobs.

Seems a tad pointless for me to go on about the dungeon itself…just jump in and have fun. If you’re concerned about completing it, try looking up some videos as I’m sure there have been many guides made of AC story…it’s a popular dungeon in a way…

(edited by Leo G.4501)

in Warrior

BlasiuS.8961

How are you a ‘zerker’ warrior if you’re only level 30? Berserker gear isn’t available until level 55.

On topic: People say dungeons aren’t good unless you’re high level but those people are wrong. The most important thing you need when running a dungeon is knowledge and persistence. If you’re new, expect to die a good few times until you learn the monsters you face. Don’t give up though…even a level 80 who is new will be eaten alive by those mobs.

Seems a tad pointless for me to go on about the dungeon itself…just jump in and have fun. If you’re concerned about completing it, try looking up some videos as I’m sure there have been many guides made of AC story…it’s a popular dungeon in a way…

I’ve run AC story plenty, just not with a warrior. I’m not looking for general help on AC story. I’m looking specifically for the best setup for a level 30 warrior.

in Warrior

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

Well if you’re running level 30 gear, there is no ‘berserker’. If you’re talking about ‘honed’ then I’d strongly advice against it. Honed gear provides a very small amount of critical damage at the price of a large chunk of stat points.

Depending what weapon you use, I’d say you’d get more bang for your buck with either Vigorous (Power major, Vit minor) or Potent (Power major, Condition minor). If you’re not running 2 signets, I’d advice you do with 10 in arms and the major adept trait Deep Strikes. With that set up, you get about 180 precision which will help skyrocket your critical hit chance without investing much else into that stat. With all your gear having power as a major stat and your crit rate taken care of by fury (use FGJ if you can) and your trait + signet, the rest is up to you.

I find condition damage pretty good at that level since the ghosts tent to be brick walls of HP and last 20 or more seconds not to mention they like to CC you a lot meaning you have to dodge more or just wait out the daze/stuns.

I find Greatsword and Swords to be pretty good for melee in this case (you can kite and disengage if your heal isn’t recharged) instead of Axe or Mace. Hammer is also a very good weapon as pretty much all the bosses have no protection against knockdown….so GS for damage, Sword or GS for damage/kite and Hammer for damage/CC. Up to you.

I’d also keep a ranged weapon on secondary as you want to have the freedom to disengage but still do damage. If everyone is of level, you need to be flexible. Longbow is the superior choice here as the fire field can help stack might and it synergizes well if you have condition damage buffing stats.

The ghosts are just walls of HP really, so tossing a pin-down then rushing in to melee and disengage while bleeds tic and your heal recharge has worked great when I ran it on my warriors. Hammer is fun and you can go a more tanky role with it in this dungeon if you want but at the end of the day, just kill ghosts faster…

(edited by Leo G.4501)

in Warrior

BlasiuS.8961

Well if you’re running level 30 gear, there is no ‘berserker’. If you’re talking about ‘honed’ then I’d strongly advice against it. Honed gear provides a very small amount of critical damage at the price of a large chunk of stat points.

Depending what weapon you use, I’d say you’d get more bang for your buck with either Vigorous (Power major, Vit minor) or Potent (Power major, Condition minor). If you’re not running 2 signets, I’d advice you do with 10 in arms and the major adept trait Deep Strikes. With that set up, you get about 180 precision which will help skyrocket your critical hit chance without investing much else into that stat. With all your gear having power as a major stat and your crit rate taken care of by fury (use FGJ if you can) and your trait + signet, the rest is up to you.

I find condition damage pretty good at that level since the ghosts tent to be brick walls of HP and last 20 or more seconds not to mention they like to CC you a lot meaning you have to dodge more or just wait out the daze/stuns.

I find Greatsword and Swords to be pretty good for melee in this case (you can kite and disengage if your heal isn’t recharged) instead of Axe or Mace. Hammer is also a very good weapon as pretty much all the bosses have no protection against knockdown….so GS for damage, Sword or GS for damage/kite and Hammer for damage/CC. Up to you.

I’d also keep a ranged weapon on secondary as you want to have the freedom to disengage but still do damage. If everyone is of level, you need to be flexible. Longbow is the superior choice here as the fire field can help stack might and it synergizes well if you have condition damage buffing stats.

The ghosts are just walls of HP really, so tossing a pin-down then rushing in to melee and disengage while bleeds tic and your heal recharge has worked great when I ran it on my warriors. Hammer is fun and you can go a more tanky role with it in this dungeon if you want but at the end of the day, just kill ghosts faster…

This is the type of info I’m looking for. I’m going with:

6x vigorous armor (2x minor dolyak rune, 2x minor soldier rune, 2x minor citadel rune)
strong GS
all power/prec trinkets

10 points into strength for Berserker’s Power, 10 points into tactics for Empower Allies (but mostly for the extra vitality)

healing skill: healing surge
utility skills: FGJ, OMM, whatever banner is best for the team
elite: signet of rage