List of hardest to kill as a warrior..

in Warrior

Posted by: phaeris.7604

phaeris.7604

This is just my personal opinion. (from least hard to hardest).

1) Warriors – just so easy to kill, only class I can 1v2 and be confident i can win. I’ve never lost 1v1 ever to a warrior, i’ve even killed one when i was on 1/4 health and he was full.

2) Rangers – Trap rangers are harder, but I have alot of mobility and usually win.

3) Necros – Very hard if you’re fighting on a point and they’re dps, alot of conditions to get through/damage. The tanky ones just take such a long time.

4) Engineers – Long drawn out fight for bunkers, fairly even fights honestly, alot of knockbacks, sword 2 is my friend here + passive regen. Being knocked down every 3 seconds is pretty offensive though after my stability wears off.

5) Mesmers – Just a pain.Again usually long fights. HAve to get through alot of bursts/moa and killing the phantasms.

6) Guardians – What a pain in the behind. Spirit weapons, knockdowns, you have to dps your way through 3 health bars, protection, stability and resilience. Takes forever. Yet they can still do decent damage whilst retaining all this.

6) Thieves – Condition thieves just ridiculous, due to cloak and dagger basically.

7) d/d d/s Elementalists – I just can’t find a decent strategy. Between arcane shield, shocking aura, perma snare/freeze knockdowns, earthen shield, mist form, almost perma heath regen, regen/heals from water line combined with being able to dps at the same time it’s a warriors nightmare. I get them down to half, few seconds later they’re at full.

I’d appreciate any tips on dealing with eles. I’ve watched 4 people run around after one being unable to get it down. Personally i think it’s just a broken mechanic as it’s not just one individual player who can do this, i’ve seen multiple elementalists pull off exactly the same thing. Not a single other class who i’ve seen can do this.

in Warrior

Posted by: KOK.2650

KOK.2650

1)Wait, you as a warrior claim you can 1vs 2 warrior. So I guess these 2 warrior are sucks and you are good . So what you trying to prove ?
2)Who care about ranger mobility when warrior range hit harder than theirs? Just learn to avoid the pet and you should win easily.
3)Necro are hard to kill, we know that, but their dmg isn’t that high as well
4)There is zero chance a bunker will kill a warrior so I don’t see why you complain
5)Mesmers , no comment
6)A dps Guardian can’t really heal well, maybe you should go check the class before QQ.
7)Are you talking about the elementalist during the first beta?

Kok -lvl 80 warrior Tsukoyu-lvl 80 elementalist
Ayumu-lvl 80 Necromancer
Tsu-lvl 80 thief

in Warrior

phaeris.7604

Kok man, after looking at your previous posts I have no idea what you play (elementalist maybe?)

I’m not claiming anything. It’s just my list as i’ve come across them in various 1v1’s. After playing enough pvp to reach rank 30 you get a jist of which classes are problematic.

To address your points.

1) I just find warriors easy to beat. Across the board. Maybe it’s because I know what they’re going to do (probably), and what to avoid.

2) The pet really? Ranger pets are terrible. Everyone knows it, they play absolutely 0 part in a battle, completely ignorable.

3) Necro damage can be quite significant depending on spec.

4) Like I said, bunkers are just crazy to fight. That was the point of my ’ List of hardest to kill as a warrior’ title…..I wasn’t complaining. Even Anet stated they will be looking at bunker builds as they’re not really fair.

5) meh..

6) Bad dps guardians…i’ve fought balanced ones which are great all round.

7) Elementalists now. All equally difficult, all run the same spec. I can’t even remember when I saw an elementalist who wasn’t d/d or d/sceptre. You get the same rotation of abilities and so much regen+stability locking them down is near impossible if the player has half a brain.

in Warrior

Posted by: Bish.8627

Bish.8627

Top tier (easiest) Theives, I kid you not, sheild bash = theif killer. Rangers, ele (except d+d)

Mid tier Warriors (most warriors I come across 1v1 are very easy, have had some epic fight with some though, even just last night) Guardians (all specs) Necro

Oh god do I have to? Tier Engineer (takes a ton of damage, far too many cc (immobilize should diminish) though this was one very good engie I am basing the entire prof on), Mesmer (I actually dont find them hard at all, just here for pure annoyance levels).

I am 20/25/25 axe and sheild, gear is all power/vit/tough, accessories are mostly beserker with some valkyrie to add health.

in Warrior

phaeris.7604

I’ve always thought condition durations should be capped at 5 seconds maybe.

I’ve often been left with 30 second snares on me after some fights or 30 second poisons.

in Warrior

Posted by: Defektive.7283

Defektive.7283

Top to bottom. Easiest to Kill -> Hardest to Kill.

1) Warrior
2) Mesmer
3) Ranger
4) Thief
5) Necro
5) Engy
6) Guardian (Bunker + Block bug)
7) Ele

Did I miss any?

tPvP Warrior
http://www.twitch.tv/defektive
Team Blacklisted [Envy]

(edited by Defektive.7283)

in Warrior

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

Hilariously, Warriors are somehow the easiest to kill, probably because so many seem to just have no idea how to play. Combine that with skills that have no real amount of smoke and mirrors, and you just have a sore thumb waiting to be killed.

Defektive, I’m not sure how Mesmers are so high on your easy chain, unless you catch one in Frenzy after making him use all of his escapes. That, or I just have bad luck and find only survivability-based vit/tough Mesmers in my adventures.

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”

in Warrior

Posted by: Schwahrheit.4203

Schwahrheit.4203

1.) Mesmer
2.) Engi
3.) Elem

Don’t need to say anything else other than the fact that these two classes are broken beyond belief. Elem’s pretty sleeper but the only thing keeping them balanced is the fact that Warrior doesn’t have to aim Ele in team fights or objectives if they go sleeper build.

Why not Guardian? Because they’re not as broken as Engi and Mesmer anymore. They’re pretty balanced to the point where they can be dealt with since the retal nerf.

Condition damage gets countered by making plays as a glass cannon with Sigil of Purification anyways. So not Necro, condition Thief, or some other condition damage Warrior build. Haven’t really fought a good ranger but I can see them being troublesome.

Since people are negative about nerfs, how about we buff to balance then?

in Warrior

Defektive.7283

@Cog
Easiest way to explain it is this: Don’t blow your load to early.

Start the fight, casually attack. Don’t use anything important.

Bring more than 1 stun. Use the shortest CD stun you have, forcing one stun break.

Keep casually attacking, using slows. Once they use their second stun break (usually Blink). Pop your CD’s and go in for the kill. It’s just a matter of pacing yourself and it shouldn’t be to difficult.

For example:
Paid tPvP Mesmer vs. Defektive: http://www.twitch.tv/defektive/c/1717246

tPvP Warrior
Team Blacklisted [Envy]

in Warrior

phaeris.7604

Nice to see i’m not the only one having ele issues, and that we agree that warriors are easiest to deal with.

in Warrior

Cogbyrn.7283

Yeah, I do try to keep it paced. It isn’t like I really go down easily either, their survivability is just massive. Also, for some reason that Mesmer seemed to blow Phase Retreat and Decoy in useless situations, then blinked away from your auto-attacks straight into an easy Frenzy combo. I agree that it’s the right solution, but I guess I don’t remember the cooldown-happy Mesmers that aren’t difficult to kill, just the ones who stay calm and settle in for the long haul.

Also, I don’t think that Mesmer rooted you once before Blurred Frenzy. It looks like maybe you blocked the first Immo, but you had been blocking for multiple seconds, so that’s a whoopsie on his part if so.

in Warrior

Defektive.7283

The only mesmer I’ve had problems with is Xee from Team PZ.

Theres two fights of him vs. me on my twitch page but not clipped down into highlight videos.

It follows the same premise as before, but I would have gotten the kill if he by accident didn’t blink into a small ledge. My bulls charge went into the ledge and he got to walk right through me. I’ll try to do a quick clip.

tPvP Warrior
Team Blacklisted [Envy]

in Warrior

Defektive.7283

Here you go:
Defektive vs. Xee: http://www.twitch.tv/defektive/c/1721081

Side note: Twitch just reset almost all my views on my highlights…. x.x wtf

tPvP Warrior
Team Blacklisted [Envy]

(edited by Defektive.7283)

in Warrior

Posted by: Ashanor.5319

Ashanor.5319

Thieves, Warriors, and Rangers are the easiest to kill, Guardians, Elementalists, Engineers, Necromancers, and Mesmers are the tougher ones to kill. I play as Hammer/Axe/Mace by the way.

in Warrior

Cogbyrn.7283

Thanks for the clip. I’m not sure why he blinked there in the first place, but it was a well-timed follow-up Bull’s Charge. I’m always pensive about Bull’s Charge after Blink considering the 300 range difference (and the more expansive areas that fights tend to happen in for WvWvW), but it would have been awesome to watch you catch him with it. Fi and kitten @ ledges.

I do agree that’s the route to take, and it’s the route I try to take. I think I would rank them more difficult if only because of one single fight I had recently against another Mesmer in WvWvW (gear element felt negligible since he was 80 and looked fancy, while I’m 80 and have Berserker’s exotic armor/weaps). We sparred for a good 70-80 seconds before some other members from my world came and forced him to flee. I was admittedly losing, but I wasn’t close to dead yet.

Spec also weighs into lists like this, as I’m built to be the control spearhead into an enemy zerg/group. I can see why Mesmer’s easier on your list, but it would still take a more difficult position on mine.

in Warrior

Defektive.7283

Ya I was pretty mad that the bulls charge didn’t connect ( kitten ledges). But it’s ok. That probably would have ended the fight or gotten close enough for evis to finish it.

I treat bulls charge like a Warrior from WoW treats intercept. You don’t start with it, but you use it to remove any gap closers an enemy may use.

tPvP Warrior
Team Blacklisted [Envy]

in Warrior

Posted by: Euthil.5209

Euthil.5209

Hardest

1) Necromancer (It’s literally the Shadow Priest from WoW here, with the extra health bars and the insane amounts of condition this class can pull out. It’s a battle of attrition, and it’s usually in their favor.)

2) Guardian (They can do serious damage to me while being as tough as a rock simultaneously. Add that to the fact they can keep burning me. Don’t get me started on bunker Guardians.)

3.) Elementalist (Like the Necromancer and the Guardian, they’re almost unkillable if they’re well-specced and competent. And they can put good pressure on me at the same time.)

4.) Mesmer (They’re not as tough as the three above, but they can really drive me crazy sometimes, especially when they’re in a group or when they cast Moa on me. Pull out Shield Stance with Missile Deflection and the illusions will start killing themselves; finish the job with a Whirlwind Attack.)

5.) Engineer (The good ones are very annoying and difficult to kill, but that’s probably because I don’t know much about them. Shield Stance with Missile Deflection and Balanced Stance are crucial for this fight.)

6.) Thief (Good thieves can be quite annoying, while bad thieves are free kills for me. In most cases, withstand their initial burst and they’re pretty much done. Condition thieves, however, are a different story.)

7.) Ranger (Unless the fight takes place on an open field, I usually try making use of terrain obstacles to get as much of his shots obstructed as possible and thus draw him closer toward me. When he starts popping quickness, pull out Shield Stance with Missile Deflection and watch him eat his own cooldowns.)

8.) Warrior (They’re the easiest due to their predictable nature. I have just enough toughness and vitality to involuntarily swallow their Frenzied Hundred Blades whole and still remain strong enough to take on them. Signet Warriors are free kills, but they hit the hardest.)

Easiest

in Warrior

Posted by: KOK.2650

KOK.2650

@phaeris
Elementalist are rarely seen in spvp for a reason
Maybe you should try one if you think they are OP. By the way my main is a warrior.
While I agree warrior has problem, it is not as bad as elementalist.

Kok -lvl 80 warrior Tsukoyu-lvl 80 elementalist
Ayumu-lvl 80 Necromancer
Tsu-lvl 80 thief

in Warrior

Defektive.7283

What are you talking about i see eles EVERYWHERE

tPvP Warrior
Team Blacklisted [Envy]

in Warrior

Posted by: Akumu.7238

Akumu.7238

My list is pretty similar to Defektive, just switch ele with guardian. More Eles are showig up, but frankly most are not good. They put on their “show” but I can tell they don’t have a clue what they’re doing. Their are still only a few good eles that actually buckled down and learned it. The rest either are learning or just mindless spamming.

But even then the list can fluctuate, depending on my build.

I don’t wanna live a thousand years. If I just live through today, that’ll be enough.

(edited by Akumu.7238)

in Warrior

Posted by: Djinn.7213

Djinn.7213

1. Being easiest, 7 being hardest.

1) Warrior
2) Necro
3) Ranger
4) Thief / Mesmer Burst
5) Elementalist
5) Engineer
6) Guardian (Bunker + Block bug)
7) Bunker Mesmers / Condition Thieves

I only take into account Bunker elementalists/necros and Engis.

Well played bunker mesmers and conditions thieves are preety much my bane, condition thieves just spam caltrops and deathblossom on me while using shortbow to “teleport” away.

Bunker mesmers follow the same idea, spam phantasms, keep stealthed/teleporting while getting me down.

Luckly, almost no one is playing this specs.

in Warrior

Posted by: Schwahrheit.4203

Schwahrheit.4203

Wanted to point out, I like how phaeris thinks he can beat any Warrior in 1v1 without Balanced Stance and Endure Pain in his bar. Pretty bold statement right there. I bet he’s a rank 30 who only fights rank 10 Warriors :\

Since people are negative about nerfs, how about we buff to balance then?

in Warrior

Defektive.7283

Technically if he plays perfectly then ya he probably doesn’t need it.

But realistically, you need one of the two. Preferably Balanced Stance since it has a considerably shorter CD and stability is way more important.

tPvP Warrior
Team Blacklisted [Envy]

in Warrior

Posted by: Xom.9264

Xom.9264

As a necro, easy to win against classes.

1. Necros, I actually lost my first 1 v 1 fight against a necro today… got him back the second go around but for the most part I find necros really easy (know all the skills animations builds etc.)
2. Warriors, some are hard fights some not so much comes down to did they bring stuns knockdowns some form of control or not… the ones that do have the best shot at getting me.
3. Guardians bunker spec, ill melt them down eventually offensive specs guardians with good control and burst can be a pain tho.
4. Ranger & Ele most are easy to kill some eles and rangers are very hard fights but on average they are not scary ele is just annoying to kill and can just get away if they want at any time regardless.
5. Thief & Mesmer, well its my opinion that a mesmer should never lose ever to a necro still I have had good close fights with them. Thief I have no respect for I have never said to myself win or lose ‘wow that was a good fight’ against a thief. All I do is spam AoEs randomly dodge against this kitten class and hope they are bad like most thiefs, sometimes they die due to my random spamming something i cant even.. the good ones will kill me and I have zero hope of stopping it no matter what i spec or how high I stack defense and health. (no shield bash and thier fear is better then ours….. 300% better)

Edit not in your forum to troll making a Warrior for WvW because the only thing better then having one weak level 80 class is having two of them. I actually was going to make thief my alt but I was disgusted by how easy it was in spvp stopped leveling him.

Xomox ~Human Necro/Engineer ET

(edited by Xom.9264)