Logical berserker rework

Logical berserker rework

in Warrior

Posted by: TheBravery.9615

TheBravery.9615

over 1000 hours. all in vain and unheard from arenanet.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1SHhAr84r7L7sKK4B_hfHxBWp5cgt3fsLAh0EvlDUKnQ/edit?usp=sharing

edit/ click on traits tab and scroll to berserker

Logical berserker rework

in Warrior

Posted by: Juba.8406

Juba.8406

Nope

Disagree on Forceful GS change.

idk what all the fuss with Axe, it is already strong and need no traits to function, on the other hand GS need all the traits to be viable, this is a straight out GS nerf

(edited by Juba.8406)

Logical berserker rework

in Warrior

TheBravery.9615

Nope

idk what all the fuss with Axe, it is already strong and need no traits to function, on the other hand GS need all the traits to be viable, this is a straight out GS nerf

I simply swapped places with axe mastery.

You don’t need +35% damage and might on crit for forceful greatsword to be viable. You know this as much as I do- how strong forceful greatsword and berserker’s power is together.

edit/ sorry typo. 40% damage increase. (stick and move, forceful greatsword, berserker’s power)

(edited by TheBravery.9615)

Logical berserker rework

in Warrior

Posted by: Juba.8406

Juba.8406

^^^

speak for yourself.

I need all the damage i can get, just go pvp and check out that “35%” not even enough.

That not a simple swap but is gutting GS

Logical berserker rework

in Warrior

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

Nope

You don’t need +35% damage and might on crit for forceful greatsword to be viable. You know this as much as I do- how strong forceful greatsword and berserker’s power is together.

edit/ sorry typo. 40% damage increase. (stick and move, forceful greatsword, berserker’s power)

I honestly can’t decide if the people proposing these changes are just trolling or simply do not realize how bad the proposed changes are.

Warrior is in a strong spot only because of how strong Burnzerker is in the raid meta. Apart from that we’re in a bad spot in every other place.

Honestly I didn’t think I could see people come up with suggestions to improve warrior that would make it worse than it actually is – but here we are.

Let’s just say I disagree with your balance ideas and sincerely hope Anet ignores you. Which they most likely will.
Warrior doesn’t need a rework – it needs a buff in PvP.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

Logical berserker rework

in Warrior

Harper.4173

^^^

speak for yourself.

I need all the damage i can get, just go pvp and check out that “35%” not even enough.

That not a simple swap but is gutting GS

No it isn’t cause he’s good at balancing and knows the best way to rework warrior is to destroy the damage it has on its iconic weapon. Best plan.

Logical berserker rework

in Warrior

Posted by: Choppy.4183

Choppy.4183

@Harper
I understand not agreeing with someone, but what’s with the aggression, man?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyLdtG7KZvw

Did he urinate on your rug or something?

I’m Biff Rangoon, and I approved this message.
Ehmry Bay | Omg Brb Icecream Truck (ICEE)

Logical berserker rework

in Warrior

TheBravery.9615

Nope

I honestly can’t decide if the people proposing these changes are just trolling or simply do not realize how bad the proposed changes are.

Warrior is in a strong spot only because of how strong Burnzerker is in the raid meta. Apart from that we’re in a bad spot in every other place.

Honestly I didn’t think I could see people come up with suggestions to improve warrior that would make it worse than it actually is – but here we are.

Let’s just say I disagree with your balance ideas and sincerely hope Anet ignores you. Which they most likely will.

I don’t understand how a “buff” will help warrior when balance goes beyond raw numbers and into actual mechanics.

Current berserker warriors can deal 20k burn ticks. Ok, that’s good for warrior- too good for it’s own, because this improves on an area that warrior is already strong in- PVE and ignores the elephant(s) in the room- WVW and PVP.
Classic phalanx warriors are also strong, also capable of dealing 20k DPS, but again, that’s still ignoring wvw and pvp.

I understand, however, that many people will disagree with my ideas and that’s ok. But if you think that raids requiring 50% warriors in the party because of the ridiculous condition damage contributions is “balanced”, then I disagree with you. Let me know if you guys have any suggestions to fix this, rather than sharing nonconstructive criticism.

Logical berserker rework

in Warrior

Posted by: Bartosz.2013

Bartosz.2013

Meh, main reason im playing a warrior is that its cool in pve, after these changes i would reroll to smth else probably, thats why its nope for me

Logical berserker rework

in Warrior

Harper.4173

@Harper
I understand not agreeing with someone, but what’s with the aggression, man?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyLdtG7KZvw

Did he urinate on your rug or something?

I get it – I might have come off as too aggressive but honestly – I’m tired of people thinking they have a fix for everything and that reworking something in their particular way is clearly the best way to go about things.

I’ve been here since release – I know the class – I’ve played the class as my main ever since release – over 3k hours on it.

I like the class and dislike people who have no idea what they’re doing but they’re going to “rework” something just because they feel like it.

Yes warrior isn’t in a great spot in PvP right now – but reworking it isn’t going to put it in a better place.

Logical berserker rework

in Warrior

Harper.4173

Nope

I don’t understand how a “buff” will help warrior when balance goes beyond raw numbers and into actual mechanics.

Current berserker warriors can deal 20k burn ticks. Ok, that’s good for warrior- too good for it’s own, because this improves on an area that warrior is already strong in- PVE and ignores the elephant(s) in the room- WVW and PVP.
Classic phalanx warriors are also strong, also capable of dealing 20k DPS, but again, that’s still ignoring wvw and pvp.

I understand, however, that many people will disagree with my ideas and that’s ok. But if you think that raids requiring 50% warriors in the party because of the ridiculous condition damage contributions is “balanced”, then I disagree with you. Let me know if you guys have any suggestions to fix this, rather than sharing nonconstructive criticism.

Reworking warrior doesn’t guarantee it’ll be stronger in WvW and PvP – and you might end up just ruining warrior in PvE too.

My advice is to move from what you have to what you need. You have a strong PvE warrior? Leave it as it is.

You want a strong PvP and WvW warrior? Buff it.

I understand what you mean with “mechanics” but there are ways to buff the class with not just number and still keep its core identity.
I’ve suggested this before but increasing animation speed for some skills, fixing movement skills and incorporating stances as baseline and having them be additional Fskills would buff the class without changing it radically.

Again – you can make all F1 skills unblockable. It doesn’t really hurt PvE at all but it buffs PvP and WvW.

The condition damage will most likely see a nerf – it’s not up to your or me to fix – that’s a numbers issue that will get toned down.
And when it does – PS ( which you want to nerf) and GS(which you want to nerf) will be the only thing that keep warrior out of the garbage bin.

Reworks aren’t popular in MMOs for a reason – and generally should only be considered as a last resort.

Warrior isn’t crippled by its mechanics – but rather how certain elements are incorporated.

Shaving let’s say 1/4 to 1/2 seconds of cast time off most PvP-relevant skills would certainly improve the class significantly.

Logical berserker rework

in Warrior

TheBravery.9615

Nope

Reworking warrior doesn’t guarantee it’ll be stronger in WvW and PvP – and you might end up just ruining warrior in PvE too.

My advice is to move from what you have to what you need. You have a strong PvE warrior? Leave it as it is.

You want a strong PvP and WvW warrior? Buff it.

I understand what you mean with “mechanics” but there are ways to buff the class with not just number and still keep its core identity.
I’ve suggested this before but increasing animation speed for some skills, fixing movement skills and incorporating stances as baseline and having them be additional Fskills would buff the class without changing it radically.

Again – you can make all F1 skills unblockable. It doesn’t really hurt PvE at all but it buffs PvP and WvW.

The condition damage will most likely see a nerf – it’s not up to your or me to fix – that’s a numbers issue that will get toned down.
And when it does – PS ( which you want to nerf) and GS(which you want to nerf) will be the only thing that keep warrior out of the garbage bin.

Reworks aren’t popular in MMOs for a reason – and generally should only be considered as a last resort.

Warrior isn’t crippled by its mechanics – but rather how certain elements are incorporated.

Shaving let’s say 1/4 to 1/2 seconds of cast time off most PvP-relevant skills would certainly improve the class significantly.

I’m going to go on a limb here and assume that you haven’t read the entire suggestion and just saw the swapped places between forceful greatsword and axe mastery.

There is no nerf to phalanx strength, and all the reworks ARE buffs. It’s going to take a bit of reading, but if you could, go through the document, and drop comments on areas where you think I shouldn’t change, but read everything – ( weapons, utilities, traits) rather than making a judgement just from one observation in one aspect. I know you’re tired of going through this again, but unless you have something better to share rather than “Let’s just say I disagree with your balance ideas and sincerely hope Anet ignores you. Which they most likely will.”, then kindly leave this thread.