Longbow primal burst

Longbow primal burst

in Warrior

Posted by: lighter.2708

lighter.2708

I don’t think it’s useful at all in any case, if it still does the same thing as combustive shot just different AoE.

You can simply walk to the side to completely avoid it, while as combustive shot, you don’t have a fast way to avoid it in any direction if you aim it good.

I would have something that gives smaller AoE, but more intensive burning stacking and damage stacking as opposite of combustive shot.
or even something like, on hit for intense burning and damage instead of pulsing.

(edited by lighter.2708)

Longbow primal burst

in Warrior

Posted by: Tim.6450

Tim.6450

Well I think having a long set of fire fields might be good support in zerg content. Also I wonder if each fire field is a potential proc for a 20% projectile finisher or does the first only count even if it failed. If they all count then you have an increased chance to apply burning with your auto attack.

EverythingOP

Longbow primal burst

in Warrior

Posted by: Loading.4503

Loading.4503

The first thing I thought of when I saw that was lb burst into the enemy Zergs veil

Longbow primal burst

in Warrior

Posted by: Tim.6450

Tim.6450

The first thing I thought of when I saw that was lb burst into the enemy Zergs veil

But veils seem like openers of combat not something that is used mid combat so how will you berserk that? (I’m not familiar with zerg tactics, I did play a little bit of wvwvw in the past though but not extensively)

EverythingOP

Longbow primal burst

in Warrior

Posted by: Atticus.7194

Atticus.7194

I don’t think it’s useful at all in any case, if it still does the same thing as combustive shot just different AoE.

You can simply walk to the side to completely avoid it, while as combustive shot, you don’t have a fast way to avoid it in any direction if you aim it good.

I would have something that gives smaller AoE, but more intensive burning stacking and damage stacking as opposite of combustive shot.
or even something like, on hit for intense burning and damage instead of pulsing.

Can’t agree more, considering this was marketed as a “skill shot” it’s really anything but, there is no actual “skill” involved in it. In fact I’m struggling to think of a single situation other than a bunch of enemies nice and neatly lining up in a row that I would want to use this over the normal combustive shot.

Longbow primal burst

in Warrior

Posted by: Widebody.5071

Widebody.5071

Probably work well by sneaking off a few bursts into an zerg giving your group multi fire fields.

Longbow primal burst

in Warrior

Loading.4503

That last run in Ta forward where the stampede of puppies run your way, I always got this joke with my guild mates about psychos putting puppies in potato sacks and lighting them on fire, were that much closer to being psychopaths

Longbow primal burst

in Warrior

Posted by: Coffietire.2783

Coffietire.2783

Hence the shorter cool down, shorter adrenaline needed, and you get to keep your combustive shot.

A running theme in the primal bursts seem to be skill you use more frequently with more subtle effects at the cost of less “oomph.”

Longbow primal burst

in Warrior

Posted by: Rain.9213

Rain.9213

I feel like maybe if they upped the physical damage, it could be pretty good. Then it really would be a skill shot as you have to aim it to land and you will also apply burning along the way.

Longbow primal burst

in Warrior

Loading.4503

So the burst leaves a trail of fire, I remember seeing multiple tiny rings, are each of those considered a separate fire field, if so, would that trait that gives u double leap finisher be worth it to pair with a sword to give you a good amount of fire aura? Or still not with it?

Longbow primal burst

in Warrior

Posted by: Dan.4398

Dan.4398

Every leap finisher can only interact with 1 field it total. Example. If you were to leap from a fire field to a dark field you would only get the effects of fire aura and ignore the blind from the dark field.

As for the burst I like the idea of multiple rings as if fired into a group of 20+ I hope each ring would have its own 3 or 5 man targeting limit so I can spread burning around more than just one large ring with the 5 man limit.

Longbow primal burst

in Warrior

Posted by: Artaz.3819

Artaz.3819

I think if the AoEs were just slightly modified to be slightly larger so they could overlap, it would fix my concerns that it looks like it will be easy to avoid because of the fire field circle gaps. In other words, change the 120? radius to 180 radius for each of the 5 circles (and maybe add a 6th circle so that it has a 1200 range).