Looking for current pve meta

in Warrior

Posted by: mikeew.8607

mikeew.8607

I am helping my wife figure out a solid build for overall pve, that would be viable in dungeons some low level fracas and open world is there a current meta? or any recommendations she already has full zerker with sholar runes and has a GS/axe mace running currently something like what nike suggest in his most recent video. I believe its a 25/30/0/0/15 I may have the first two mixed but something like that and she says it seems a bit squishy.

in Warrior

Posted by: Kagamiku.9731

Kagamiku.9731

What you just explained is the current meta for dungeons/fracs…Except 25/30 is switched like you thought.

in Warrior

Posted by: Dolan.3071

Dolan.3071

Yup 30/25/0/0/15.
Swap out Forceful Greatsword for Rending Strikes if capping Might isn’t an issue ~ e.g (good) Eles in the party.
Full Zerker takes some getting used to but with the evade on Whirl, highest base HP in game and the most broken heal skill (Healing Signet) Warrior is definitely the best class to learn on.

Uriel Asther ~ Warrior | Kaya Lereau ~ Elementalist | Natalie Fox ~ Thief
Skye Eterna ~ Mesmer | Arya Slade ~ Charrdian | Kiera Thine ~ Ranger
Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]

in Warrior

Posted by: mikeew.8607

mikeew.8607

yea, i just tested this out played the wives warrior def going to level mine up and think i just found a main.

in Warrior

Posted by: lchan.2169

lchan.2169

I personally play 20/25/0/10/15 on full berserker. I wear runes and one platinum doubloon that gives me 59% boon. On Discipline, I go for reduce signet cooldown instead of the usual 25% movement speed. On tactics, which give me boon duration of another 10%, i select inspiring banners. This gives 1/2 sec cooldown on my elite signet which puts me warrior at a consistent 95% critical chance and since i am all berserker, my critical damage is 80%. If needed, i can put down a discipline banner that pushes my critical damage to 95%. So, the up time of all these is very long. 1/2 sec cooldown on elite signet and 6 secs cooldown on disipline banner. To me, i think this is the best PvE setup. I run GS and bow. Bow is used in situation when i cannot melee at that moment.

in Warrior

Posted by: Keiel.7489

Keiel.7489

If she thinks it’s too squishy, change out some armor pieces with knights, in order to take a few more hits until she’s comfortable with full serk.

[DONE]

in Warrior

Dolan.3071

I personally play 20/25/0/10/15 on full berserker. I wear runes and one platinum doubloon that gives me 59% boon. On Discipline, I go for reduce signet cooldown instead of the usual 25% movement speed. On tactics, which give me boon duration of another 10%, i select inspiring banners. This gives 1/2 sec cooldown on my elite signet which puts me warrior at a consistent 95% critical chance and since i am all berserker, my critical damage is 80%. If needed, i can put down a discipline banner that pushes my critical damage to 95%. So, the up time of all these is very long. 1/2 sec cooldown on elite signet and 6 secs cooldown on disipline banner. To me, i think this is the best PvE setup. I run GS and bow. Bow is used in situation when i cannot melee at that moment.

Most dungeons have sections of running between battles which usually goes neatly in with the banner CD, so Inspiring Banners (10 in tactics) isn’t necessary.
Running Axe/Mace + Greatsword rotation is far better than maining Greatsword and there are only a very few situations where ranging will be “better” than melee, namely fractals. In which case you just swap out GS for Longbow and drop Forceful Greatsword (change Slashing Power to Axe Mastery) if you haven’t already.
Pure Axe/Mace > Pure Greatsword

Oh and Scholar Runes/Ruby Orbs only! ;D

Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]

in Warrior

Posted by: Flissy.4093

Flissy.4093

He’s asking for the meta, why post a sub-optimal build?

If she thinks it’s too squishy, change out some armor pieces with knights, in order to take a few more hits until she’s comfortable with full serk.

And learn to be complacent? No, learn in full Berserker, even if it’s a brand new dungeon for you.

Light Up the Darkness
“Dear ANet, nerf Paper, Scissors is fine. Sincerely, Rock”
Elysaurus | Warrior | [LOL] | League of the Legendary | Gandara (EU)

in Warrior

Posted by: Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

i think this is the best PvE setup. I run GS and bow. Bow is used in situation when i cannot melee at that moment.

There is no shame in being unconfident in your melee abilities and to know when you have to range something for the good of your party overall. That said, someone who has to range often enough to keep a bow on swap probably isn’t the right person to judge what is the “best” setup for pve.

Death and Taxes [DnT]
http://www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt
DnT is Recruiting – http://www.dtguilds.com/

in Warrior

Posted by: Bry.8140

Bry.8140

So running 30/25/0/0/15 what traits go where if using a GS and LB? I am currently using 4 zerk pieces of armour with 2 knights to give me a bit more toughness as full zerk is too squishy for me right now.
I also carry Axe/Sword and Shield incase they are ever needed.

(edited by Bry.8140)

in Warrior

Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

You don’t need a bow on swap. Any boss that is new to you or you know you cant melee change out your greatsword for the bow beforehand.

And two Knights pieces are, at best, 100 toughness. That is basically nothing in terms of damage reduction. You’re fooling yourself if you think that makes you meaningfully less squishy. You never learn to ride a bike until the training wheels come off.

Death and Taxes [DnT]

in Warrior

lchan.2169

Comments well taken. But hey…most peoples meta doesnt mean its meta for yourself. I like my build…infact i love it. Given my connection in Asia Pac, its the most fabulous build i have experimented. As for the axe, i tried so many times, but i just dont feel it. I used it so many times, but i still go back to the GS. Bow is always handy when those spike lags can totally mess up boss fight sequence big time and reading their AOE can be impossible. I think having near perpetual elite signet out weights having all ruby orbs or scholar and the banner cooldown is because it allows me to shorter battle standard if required. Again, i wish i could experience low latency gaming with gw2.

in Warrior

Posted by: Flissy.4093

Flissy.4093

Comments well taken. But hey…most peoples meta doesnt mean its meta for yourself. I like my build…infact i love it.

Then you misunderstand the term “meta”. Your “meta” isn’t a meta at all – it’s just your build, a sub-optimal one.

Light Up the Darkness
“Dear ANet, nerf Paper, Scissors is fine. Sincerely, Rock”
Elysaurus | Warrior | [LOL] | League of the Legendary | Gandara (EU)

in Warrior

Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

Comments well taken. But hey…most peoples meta doesnt mean its meta for yourself. I like my build…infact i love it.

Good for you, but the meta is the meta and your build is your build. If everyone had an individual meta there would be no meta, by the definition of the word.

I think having near perpetual elite signet out weights having all ruby orbs or scholar

You can only have one elite at a time so having conflicting traits is highly inefficient. Since Scholar Runes are something like a 20-25% dps boost (over an empty slot) you would have present a more convincing reason than “near perpetual signet” to justify not using that.

For what its worth, you can blame lag spikes all you want but I have guildmates in Europe who play on NA servers with equally bad latency and they can play at an elite level.

Death and Taxes [DnT]

in Warrior

lchan.2169

how do you even maintain above 90% health to maximise the scholar runes. Within 10 secs you are already below the 90%. This is why i dont agree with scholar runes. I used them tho on the ranger.

As for the lag, we have a constant 400-600ms ping with spikes up to 1500ms. If its a kitten day, we can have like 3 sec of pauses. I dont think your european guild mates experience such lags.

in Warrior

Posted by: NeoVaris.4806

NeoVaris.4806

how do you even maintain above 90% health to maximise the scholar runes. Within 10 secs you are already below the 90%. This is why i dont agree with scholar runes. I used them tho on the ranger.

As for the lag, we have a constant 400-600ms ping with spikes up to 1500ms. If its a kitten day, we can have like 3 sec of pauses. I dont think your european guild mates experience such lags.

Uhm…dodge is a good start, aegis from guardians and reflects should be sufficient to keep your health above the 90% health threshold long enough. In addition you could have soothing mist from elementalists which is small but still helps a little, as well as healing signet that heals for quite a lot.

[HC]

(edited by NeoVaris.4806)

in Warrior

Keiel.7489

And learn to be complacent? No, learn in full Berserker, even if it’s a brand new dungeon for you.

Not everyone learns with sink or swim style. Not everyone gets complacent after playing “easy” mode.

[DONE]

in Warrior

Dolan.3071

Not everyone gets complacent after playing “easy” mode.

Shall I refer you to 90% of the player base?

Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]

in Warrior

Keiel.7489

Not everyone gets complacent after playing “easy” mode.

Shall I refer you to 90% of the player base?

Have you talked and discussed with them the merits of Berserker vs Everything else and have pretty much been ignored and or told off? Chances are the 90% is still going to stay 90% regardless of what anyone says and the 10% who are always looking to improve themselves will stay the same. If his wife is a lazy player she will ether jump go super tank and stay like that or just straight up give up playing. If she’s part of the 10% then it doesn’t matter what armor she starts in cause she’ll keep trying to improve. One option the man gets to play with his wife, the other she quits.

[DONE]

in Warrior

Posted by: Sin.1628

Sin.1628

this may seem obvious but make sure your wife is using omnom pies this will give her plenty of healing especially if she is running nikes latest build with assasins pieces built in. the thing about the build is you really need to go all in as the defence element relies on the high crit chance so try to avoid knight if you can as it will do more harm than good. stick with it and you will grow to love it. especially when those hb go over 50k. good luck

in Warrior

Posted by: Sin.1628

Sin.1628

if that is the case the ruby option may work better for you