Looking for some advice on GS/Hammer builds.

in Warrior

Posted by: JahRo.6432

JahRo.6432

I usually run GS + Mace/Shield but recently started loving hammer again. I pretty much do the same 0/20/20/0/30 build I normally run with the previous combo, just swapped with a Valkyrie hammer. I still feel like I’m not playing it right with traits however, and would love if some people could point me in the right direction.

I have full Berserker, Knights, and PVT gear and trinkets so I can mix and match decently. I use -condition dur. and +vit food and +power oils. Thanks guys, sorry if it’s already been asked, but I’m having some trouble finding some builds to tinker with.

Edit: Woops, sorry forgot to mention, for WvW ONLY. Mainly roaming, not much of a zerg fan.

Morn [BFF][VLK]
Maguuma
(Insert other useless !@#$ here)

(edited by JahRo.6432)

in Warrior

Posted by: Cygnus.6903

Cygnus.6903

I’d say try 0/30/20/0/20, taking the triple fury on crits trait. After using earthshaker you want to swap to GS anyways, a quick HB will have your adrenaline up to 50-60% easily. Also gives you 10% higher damage when the opponent is bleeding, which you will do with crits as well thanks to the adept minor trait.

I only state my opinion unless stated otherwise.
Hulk Roaming Montages/Build Vids
I always rage but never quit.

in Warrior

Posted by: matthen.5024

matthen.5024

I’d say 0/20/30/0/20 to get dogged march, cleansing ire, and merciless hammer in the defense tree… however, the best thing to do is probably to start with 0/20/20/0/20, and mess around with adding the last ten points in different spots.

Good luck.

in Warrior

Posted by: JahRo.6432

JahRo.6432

What about armor sets, specifically rune choices? I’m a little pressed for money to get Melandru, though I think they’re great. I previously used Soldier runes but felt I could do better.

Morn [BFF][VLK]
Maguuma
(Insert other useless !@#$ here)

in Warrior

Posted by: Sagramor.7395

Sagramor.7395

You could go Runes of Hoelbrak if Malandru is too pricey. Should go nicely with the might stacking on Forceful Greatsword, and you still get -20% cond duration.

I’m going to second 0/20(III,X)/20(II,X)/0/20(VI,VIII) + 10. If you need more condition removal go with Cleansing Ire, or a bit more damage Furious. Both should offer good Adrenaline gain.

As far as gear goes You’re going to want a good deal of crit to keep the Might stacks flowing. Aside from that I really don’t know. Possibly Knights armor with Zerk weap and trinkets.