Looking for some ideas on a hybrid build

in Warrior

Posted by: Alpha.9354

Alpha.9354

Hi guys,

Im looking for some advice since im relatively still a newer player. Ive been playing for 3ish weeks and I have been loving my warrior. I have tried the glass cannon greatsword and duel axe builds and recently ive switched to a full tough/vit build with ac armor and hammer. Ive not loved the dps obviously but the survivability has been very nice.

What I wanted to ask is if any1 has tried a hybrid build. I love the greatsword, especially with fractals out now i want to up my dps. I was thinking of running full ac gear with ac greatsword and then specing my traits from vit/tough to a mix of pwr/tough/prec to up my dps while still keeping some survivability. what are your thoughts and thanks.

in Warrior

Posted by: Chaosbroker.3860

Chaosbroker.3860

I actually use this setup for pve and wvw and it puts out solid damage while being relatively hard to put down.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fIEQNAR3engO08YyDSBxEZA4ogKmUKgru0jyQLNA;TsAA2CooyyklILbWuskZtEZQwmAA

With full “knight’s” armour and weapons and “berserker’s” trinket slots it sits at about

2850 power
49 (54 with sigil)% crit chance
52% crit damage
2700 toughness
23k health

Basically you can maintain perma fury through your utilities, 10+ stacks of might through weapon swapping and heavy condition removal and bonus healing with your shouts. It is a pure melee setup though which isn’t everyone’s thing plus some bosses really do need a ranged weapon. You can always swap out the axe/shield for a rifle though in these situations so it’s not crippling. Also with the high crit chance omnomberry pies will go a long way to extending your survivability while adding more precision to help your damage along.

Callo Merlose – Revenant
Envy – Fort Aspenwood
“Believe in yourself … because the rest of us think you’re an idiot”

in Warrior

Posted by: LameFox.6349

LameFox.6349

0/30/0/30/10 can be decent. Or I guess 10/20/0/30/10 or 10/30/0/30/0. Warhorn condition removal, shout heals, damage buff from boons. Runed to increase your boon/boons of choice, or remove conditions on shouting as well. Nice with a mainhand sword and a rifle for stuff you don’t want to get close to, since they both use the precision line. FGJ and SoR gives permanent might/fury and SoR plus warhorn gives permanent swiftness without having to use the warhorn on every single recharge (since it’s also for conditions).

On the other hand, something like 0/30/30/0/10 with Valkyrie could work out nice. Defence traits could be adrenaline on hit, stability on knockdown (etc) and retaliation on critical or endure pain on 25% health.

With knight’s, something similar with shifted stats a bit, like 30/0/30/0/10 (axes!) or 20/0/30/0/20 for better critical damage/chance (adrenaline dmg and crit traits, plus axe critical dmg and signet recharge for SoR and the condi removal signet if you want).

in Warrior

Posted by: biscuit.5091

biscuit.5091

I actually use this setup for pve and wvw and it puts out solid damage while being relatively hard to put down.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fIEQNAR3engO08YyDSBxEZA4ogKmUKgru0jyQLNA;TsAA2CooyyklILbWuskZtEZQwmAA

With full “knight’s” armour and weapons and “berserker’s” trinket slots it sits at about

2850 power
52% crit damage
2700 toughness
23k health

Basically you can maintain perma fury through your utilities, 10+ stacks of might through weapon swapping and heavy condition removal and bonus healing with your shouts. It is a pure melee setup though which isn’t everyone’s thing plus some bosses really do need a ranged weapon. You can always swap out the axe/shield for a rifle though in these situations so it’s not crippling. Also with the high crit chance omnomberry pies will go a long way to extending your survivability while adding more precision to help your damage along.

Your build sounds interesting to me and it fits my needs for wvw, but the link isn’t working.

in Warrior

Posted by: Nonfat.8742

Nonfat.8742

2850 power
52% crit damage
2700 toughness
23k health

Your build sounds interesting to me and it fits my needs for wvw, but the link isn’t working.

Hello,

if you copy and paste the entire url in your browser, then the link works.
Just clicking on it doesnt work.

Kind regards,

[Piken Square]