MAR. 26 - Banners getting a buffed & MORE!

in Warrior

Posted by: Oreoginal.1580

Oreoginal.1580

MAR. 26 – Banners getting buffed & MORE!

Banner of Strength – 170 Power, 170 Condition Damage
Banner of Discipline – 170 Precision, 10% Critical Damage
Banner of Tactics – 170 Healing, 10% Boon Duration
Banner of Defense – 170 Toughness, 170 Vitality

Kick – No more self root. Players will be able to move around while using the skill.

Future:

• Warriors’ biggest weakness in PvP is their vulnerability to condition damage, and the developers are working on adding/buffing condition removals while being careful in preventing the Warrior from becoming an “unstoppable beast”.
  • Warriors are also the “number one candidate for boon punishment” skills.

Source: State of the Game – Interview with Arenanet Devs

Parmesan Stick – 80 Warrior – Kaineng
Build: http://tinyurl.com/gw2build-parmstick
YouTube: http://tinyurl.com/YT-gw2parmstick

(edited by Oreoginal.1580)

in Warrior

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

Banner of Strength – 170 Power, 90 Condition Damage
Banner of Tactics – 170 Healing, 15% Boon Duration

Kick – No more self root. Players will be able to move around while using the skill.

Future:

• Warriors’ biggest weakness in sPvP as well as in general is condition damage, and the developers are working on adding/buffing condition removals while being careful in preventing the Warrior from turning into an “unstoppable beast”.
  • Warriors are also the number one candidate for boon punishment" skills.

You forgot to modify the condition damage.

I do recall them saying the condition duration of one of the banners would remain the same, but likely he misspoke and actually meant boon duration since there are no banners that offer condition duration. The boon duration is likely to remain at 10% just like the critical damage. Condition damage is an attribute just like power and healing.

in Warrior

Oreoginal.1580

Banner of Strength – 170 Power, 90 Condition Damage
Banner of Tactics – 170 Healing, 15% Boon Duration

Future:

• Warriors’ biggest weakness in sPvP as well as in general is condition damage, and the developers are working on adding/buffing condition removals while being careful in preventing the Warrior from turning into an “unstoppable beast”.
  • Warriors are also the number one candidate for boon punishment" skills.

You forgot to modify the condition damage.

I do recall them saying the condition duration of one of the banners would remain the same, but likely he misspoke and actually meant boon duration since there are no banners that offer condition duration. Condition damage is an attribute just like power and healing.

Ahh that makes much more sense!

in Warrior

Posted by: LordSlack.4685

LordSlack.4685

What they should do is eliminate the redundant #5 skill on banners, since there are 2 other ways to plant the banner already. Even if they make planting the banner instant, they could come up with a better utility or something to put there.

in Warrior

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

What they should do is eliminate the redundant #5 skill on banners, since there are 2 other ways to plant the banner already. Even if they make planting the banner instant, they could come up with a better utility or something to put there.

Well it does create a blast finisher. And since it’s an environmental object, anyone can pick it up for a blast finisher with their own seperate cooldown.

I’d personally would like a ‘stow’ button, perhaps as the F1 skill that simply removes your banner and puts the banner skill on a 3sec cooldown. So you can scatter your banners, then pick it up and stow it and replace them elsewhere.

With the elite skill, maybe exempt it from this?

in Warrior

Posted by: peter.9024

peter.9024

Hmmm does it mean kick would work like a charging shout? I.e. I can rush and kick at the end if I time it right? I guess we’ll find out in 2 weeks

Skullclamp

in Warrior

Posted by: robocafaz.9017

robocafaz.9017

While we’re buffing banners can we make it so they also show your guild emblem? I think that’d be pretty sweet. :P

Deany Kong – #magswag
Head Deany Kong of Deany and the Kongs [Kong]
http://www.youtube.com/user/RoboCafaz

in Warrior

Oreoginal.1580

While we’re on the topic of redundancy, Battle Standard’s Inspire skill is pretty useless, no? Battle Standard already gives Swiftness for its whole duration so what’s the point of a skill that will also give Swiftness? It’s a waste of skill space in my opinion.

in Warrior

Posted by: Red Falcon.8257

Red Falcon.8257

I’m happy with the changes, though they don’t resolve any of our core issues.
Biggest weakness of Warrior is definitely not conditions, but lack of sustain.
All other classes can outlast a Warrior, and that’s why we are not good in sPvP.

in Warrior

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

Hopefully they also buff signets, too.

in Warrior

Posted by: Rednaxela.9476

Rednaxela.9476

Well it does create a blast finisher. And since it’s an environmental object, anyone can pick it up for a blast finisher with their own seperate cooldown.

I love chaos armor, area retaliation, etc. Blast finishers are amazing.

Nietzschens – 80 Warr / Siri Golightly – 80 Ele / Siri Rhaegar – 80 Guardian
[SOL] Sanctum of Legends; ‘The Forgotten’ ~Eredon 4 Life~

in Warrior

Posted by: Nefarious.2014

Nefarious.2014

“And he (warrior) is also ONE OF THE CANDIDATES OF RECEIVING THE BOON PUNISHMENT STYLE OF PLAY”

They didn’t say warriors are the number one candidate

in Warrior

Posted by: SmoothHussler.6387

SmoothHussler.6387

“And he (warrior) is also ONE OF THE CANDIDATES OF RECEIVING THE BOON PUNISHMENT STYLE OF PLAY”

They didn’t say warriors are the number one candidate

Probably thieves and mesmers then. We’re number 3.

Maguuma: Thug Life: [DERP][ME][PYRO] and other assorted dead guilds.

in Warrior

Posted by: bradderzh.2378

bradderzh.2378

What do they mean by boon punishment?

In reference to ascended items:
Nar: I love that it will take me time and money to
reach the same level I’m at right now… …said no one, ever.

in Warrior

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

kitten? They are going to boost the already pretty usefull 95% uptime banners yet do nothing about the worthless battle standard which is supposed to be an elite skill?!

in Warrior

Posted by: carabidus.6214

carabidus.6214

Very good news regarding the banner buffs. It’s about time those things are given some real utility.

in Warrior

Posted by: Jzaku.9765

Jzaku.9765

Very good news regarding the banner buffs. It’s about time those things are given some real utility.

some real utility.

They are going to function exactly the same, just tweaked in numbers. That hardly constitutes as “utility”.

in Warrior

Posted by: Dixa.6017

Dixa.6017

what is boon punishment?

in Warrior

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

what is boon punishment?

Hopefully something more significant then +2% extra damage per boon.

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

in Warrior

Posted by: Larynx.2453

Larynx.2453

For a reminder, warriors have a 10 point trait that increases damage by 3% per boon on themselves. They could very easily make this include boons on target. It’s the simplest and most likely approach to whole boon hate thing. Things like brawn making your burst ability strip boons are a bit too extreme for ArenaNet.

in Warrior

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

I hope the developers would slightly buff the signets. Currently many people run them, but never use the active effects as the cooldown is long or the active effect is not that exciting. Promoting the active effects would lead to more versatile game play and make people use those signet instead of having them just as a passive boon on your skill bar.

Signet of stamina has a great active effect, cleaning all conditions, but it is sometimes a bit slow to activate (maybe a bug?), so it cannot always be used reliably in pvp or WvWvW.

Healing signet should scale better with healing power and its active effect is too weak (just mere 3320 healing at level 80), considering it has over 1 second activation time.
Here is my suggested change to healing signet:
Reduce activation time to 3/4 seconds and increase active healing by 25% and make it scale 50% better with healing power. After this it would heal 4150+1.5*healing power at level 80. It would still be less than mending, which also cures 2 conditions. In fact I don’t think it would be game breaking (in pve or pvp) if healing signet would remove 1 condition.

Dolyak signet, reduce cooldown to 45 s.

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

in Warrior

Posted by: Larynx.2453

Larynx.2453

Honestly Dolyak Signet is just plain worse than Balanced Stance. IMO, the two are too similar for there ever to be a choice. I think they should just flat out make Dolyak Signet give something other than stability.

in Warrior

Posted by: Faranox.4217

Faranox.4217

They’re going to buff Kick.
Does this mean I can actually Kick enemies off of ledges at long last instead of them being halted by invisible barriers?

Chops Mcgee, of Anvil Rock

in Warrior

Posted by: Halo.1679

Halo.1679

what is boon punishment?

I believe that means when someone uses their boons to make you damage yourself(i.e. popping confusion, retaliation right before you attempt to burst them down). For some classes/builds that is one of the primary means of DPS.

in Warrior

Posted by: blurps.2340

blurps.2340

For a reminder, warriors have a 10 point trait that increases damage by 3% per boon on themselves. They could very easily make this include boons on target. It’s the simplest and most likely approach to whole boon hate thing.

Let’s hope ANet doesn’t take the easy route then. The one thing Warriors definitely do not need is more damage.