Mace/Mace

Mace/Mace

in Warrior

Posted by: Winger.4765

Winger.4765

I hope this is viable. I searched the forums for mace and didn’t come across much except for talking about mace 5. My first warrior and he is a huge short Norn and him carrying two mace esp the ones from SE looks awesome. Just lvl 20 but I can tell it doesn’t have the burst DPS but I find it very tanky maybe. With a block , daze and a knockdown plus the damage from auto attack isn’t that awful. Any good mace builds out there? Offhand thinking Rifle, trying to stay away from GS which seems like a big nono for warrior. Just wanna be a lil different. /shrug

Mace/Mace

in Warrior

Posted by: Donut.6914

Donut.6914

For a Mace/Mace build you NEED to take Sundering Mace in the Defense trait line. I also recommend taking full Knight’s gear, you need precision so the 3rd hit on the auto-attack chain crits as much as possible. Also, Sundering Mace applies a 1 second weakness on every crit (though this isn’t in the trait description). Perma weakness is essential in being a tank. Knight’s gear and Sundering Mace is all I find necessary for Mace/x builds, so feel free to put the remaining 50 trait points into what you think you need.

Pro-tip: The trait Missile Deflection (also in Defense traitline, so it synergizes well) is super useful in combination with Sundering Mace. Every 8 seconds you get a block (mace skill #2) and reflected projectiles on mace skill #2 DON’T count as a hit, so every 8 seconds you get a 2-second reflect. When used correctly, this demolishes builds that are primarily ranged (Engineers, Rifle Warriors, Rangers, Staff Eles, etc.)

Hope that helps somewhat. Good luck.

I swung a sword. I swung a sword again. I swung a sword again—-hey hey that’s great!

Mace/Mace

in Warrior

Posted by: mambastik.8735

mambastik.8735

Great advice from Donut. Also in the Defence trait line, look into Spiked Armor, granting Retaliation when hit by a critical. Retaliation gets very dangerous when played along with high defence from Knight’s set along with perma-Weakness.

If you want to play around about, you can try and pick up Distracting Strikes, apply 3 stacks of Confusion on interrupt. Retaliation + Confusion is a deadly combo.