Make banners better

Make banners better

in Warrior

Posted by: Quakeman.9378

Quakeman.9378

I think they should maybe decrease the CDs on banners to make them more useful all around. Also maybe buff the stats some, as generally it can be more worthwhile just to run signets instead (except they don’t benefit your allies and I’d rather help my allies tbh). I’d really love it if banners were just….better I guess. The cast time is too dam long also. Opinions?

Yoloswaginz- D/D thief SBI
Tyronee Biggums- Warrior SBI
“If fifty people say a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing”-Bertrand Russell

Make banners better

in Warrior

Posted by: Grok Krog.9581

Grok Krog.9581

They’re already very good, almost 200 points in 2 stats, or a huge % boost. I think their cast time is fine, they’r meant to be used before combat and carried in in my opinion, or placed as you’re running into melee range

Grok Walking Amongst Mere Mortals

Make banners better

in Warrior

Posted by: NitroApe.9104

NitroApe.9104

They’re fine the way they are

Make banners better

in Warrior

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

They need to go on your back. IMO.

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

Make banners better

in Warrior

Posted by: AlBundy.7851

AlBundy.7851

no mention of the terrible banner skills your weapon set gets replaced with once you pick up the banner? Ohh yeah man banners are fine, not clunky at all.

Make banners better

in Warrior

Posted by: nagymbear.5280

nagymbear.5280

You can add fury and swiftness for party members, and plant the banner for another 170 precision as well as 15% crit damage with banner of discipline for example. If you trait for it you even give regen. What more do you really want?

Khert Devileyes – Ranger / Mano Negra – Thief / Nagymbear – Warrior /
Elona Bonechill – Necro / Fionna Gymirdottier – Guard /// RoF

Make banners better

in Warrior

AlBundy.7851

So I can run around giving 2 short boons to other people while they play the game and I hold a banner sounds super fun!!!

Make banners better

in Warrior

Posted by: Dante.3754

Dante.3754

Banners are fine, you use the skills on the banner to help you move around and when a battle starts just press your weapon swap instead of 5. Doing that will drop the banner instantly at the cost of not having a blast finisher.

Make banners better

in Warrior

Posted by: Iskandor.9415

Iskandor.9415

Warriors, complaining about banners?

Man, don’t ever roll a ranger. You might have a heart attack from how bad Spirits are in comparison.

Counterpoint: I LOVE banners. They provide Blast Finishers by merely picking them up and re-planting them. This translates into team Area Might or Area Healing for me, specifically, as the aforementioned maligned Spirit ranger.

Isquen – Ranger – Ferguson’s Crossing
Sabrina Norofski – Mesmer – Ferguson’s Crossing
Representing Elsendor Militia (who?)

Make banners better

in Warrior

AlBundy.7851

omg one blast finisher!!! that is so cool!!! you’re so right guys banners are fine because it has one blast finisher and rangers have spirits!!! thank you so much for the logic you dumped here today!!!

Make banners better

in Warrior

AlBundy.7851

Will you guys start reciting warrior tooltips on the warrior forums as well?

Make banners better

in Warrior

nagymbear.5280

@AlBundy, Do you have something constructive to add? Could you please elaborate what you are thinking about the banner other than “oh man banners s.uck”, “make banners better”, “yeah I can give fury, switfness, 170 precision, 15% crit damage, but it only has 1 blast finisher, so what good are banners in their current state”. I was trying out a warrior recetnly, and had a go at banners in wvw. The banner was there untill the cooldown disappeared. It gave what the tooltip says. In case of Banner of discipline I think that is really useful. And no you don’t have to run around holding the banner while others play the game.

thank you so much for the logic you dumped here today!!!

Really? We at least made an argument. And you accuse others of not being constructive. Please, enlighten us with your infinate wisdom. What do you think banners are in desparate need of?

Make banners better

in Warrior

AlBundy.7851

better banner skills or none at all. better way to keep the banner with you without hindering your weapon skills.

I don’t think you made an argument just another person that doesn’t main a warrior injecting themselves into something they know little to nothing about. Your kind of like an arenanet dev.

Make banners better

in Warrior

nagymbear.5280

Under banner skills you mean the skills you get when you have them in your hand? What do you have in mind? Do you want them to be more like a weapon? I guess banners wouldn’t apply their bonuses when picked up then. Cause that would make them weapons with the buffs that banners apply. That doesn’t sound good at all.

Of course you are right that I don’t main a warrior, but that doesn’t make your previous posts any more constructive. For a Utility skill I think it is pretty darn good. You don’t need to hold it all the time either. Plant it and fire away, or slash away whatever you fancy. I did list what the Banner of discipline does to remind OP of the benefits of a single utility skill. Which I think are great. The OP doesn’t know exactly what he wants, he just wants banners better. Does that suggest more indepth knowledge of banner use?

Make banners better

in Warrior

AlBundy.7851

There’s so many different things you could do. you could give banner skills a cripple auto attack chain an aoe stability buff aoe vigor aoe retaliation all boons that the warrior already has but has horrible access to. make the sprint skill better than just a crappier version of savage leap it goes on and on. Take the cooldown off the blast finisher. There’s so many things they could do.

And if you think that would be op just go away you have no understanding of how the other classes absolutely outclass us. Why do I need to be constructive all you did was come in here and quote the tooltip. Maybe take some of your own advice. But guess what tomorrow there will be another person in here telling us warriors are fine. Fantastic!!!

Make banners better

in Warrior

nagymbear.5280

But guess what tomorrow there will be another person in here telling us warriors are fine. Fantastic!!!

I didn’t say warriors were fine. I said Banner of discipline was fine. You are right though, that sounds too much on 1 utility skill. My main character is a ranger so don’t even start about other classes outperforming as if warriors are the bottom of the list. They are not. They have problems, like every other class. I’m sorry you don’t like warrior as it is right now, but I don’t see banners needing any more buffs. That of course is only my oppinion, and I will stand by it.

Make banners better

in Warrior

Posted by: Rissou.7213

Rissou.7213

One thing you could do is make banner a 1 handed offhand weapon if you pick it up.

That way, you could keep your mainhand Axe, Mace or Sword and be useful while running around with your banner in the offhand with 2 skills, swiftness and the current banner number 2 special skill.

Because right now, picking up a banner makes you suck.

Tbh, it makes sense!

Thief.

Make banners better

in Warrior

AlBundy.7851

ranger has a great place in spvp are we talking about pve wtf?

Make banners better

in Warrior

Posted by: Brutalistik.6473

Brutalistik.6473

But guess what tomorrow there will be another person in here telling us warriors are fine. Fantastic!!!

I didn’t say warriors were fine. I said Banner of discipline was fine. You are right though, that sounds too much on 1 utility skill. My main character is a ranger so don’t even start about other classes outperforming as if warriors are the bottom of the list. They are not. They have problems, like every other class. I’m sorry you don’t like warrior as it is right now, but I don’t see banners needing any more buffs. That of course is only my oppinion, and I will stand by it.

The only reason why you say that is because you do not play banner build often so of course it wouldn’t faze you. I don’t like how most #2 banner skills perform due to the fact anyone can pick it up and use it without a share cool down penalty. If they were to let the warrior user use banners benefits then I can see us getting better #2 slots than we have now. Compassionate Banner skill heals is too low to keep a team alive, Brutal Banner skill should be replace with Banner of Defense kill Staggering Banner because Banner of Defense #2 skill should either give warriors protection or retaliation boon. In a sense *Banner of Defense should provide defense boons when using the #2 slot than doing a knockback.

As for your other post yes warriors are at the bottom of the list. They’ve been there ever since this game was released when they people notice how fragile they are in pvp. Sure they can do decent damage, but their survivability sucks worst than a skritt eating skritt rations. Most professions properly spec can bunker a node for a long time than a bunker warrior. This has been proven yet nothing was done to counter it. You have to take notes why not many players play Tpvp on their warriors.

Pineapples

Make banners better

in Warrior

Quakeman.9378

Under banner skills you mean the skills you get when you have them in your hand? What do you have in mind? Do you want them to be more like a weapon? I guess banners wouldn’t apply their bonuses when picked up then. Cause that would make them weapons with the buffs that banners apply. That doesn’t sound good at all.

Of course you are right that I don’t main a warrior, but that doesn’t make your previous posts any more constructive. For a Utility skill I think it is pretty darn good. You don’t need to hold it all the time either. Plant it and fire away, or slash away whatever you fancy. I did list what the Banner of discipline does to remind OP of the benefits of a single utility skill. Which I think are great. The OP doesn’t know exactly what he wants, he just wants banners better. Does that suggest more indepth knowledge of banner use?

I didn’t really say this earlier, but I like banners, I just feel they’re missing something, and as you said, I don’t know what

“If fifty people say a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing”-Bertrand Russell

(edited by Quakeman.9378)

Make banners better

in Warrior

Brutalistik.6473

I d that isidn’t really say this earlier, but I like banners, I just feel they’re missing something, and as you said, I don’t know what

Haha were you stuttering typing that stuff at the beginning of your sentence :P?

Pineapples

Make banners better

in Warrior

Posted by: GoDaddy.5671

GoDaddy.5671

I use banners all the time and they are awesome aids to both group survivability and damage output in level 40+ fractals.

Make banners better

in Warrior

nagymbear.5280

Well first off, PvE, PvP and WvW are all part of being a warrior (or any other profession for that matter). Warriors might not be great in pvp, while rangers are not great in wvw, and thieves are not that great in pve (or so I heard). And while we are at it, let me ask you whether you as a warrior have been booted from a dungeon run group because of your class? Like I said each class has its flaws. You could say that a ranger is good in sPvP. Yeah for sitting on nodes that is. There are also some good roamer builds for wvw, but for zerging ranger is not so good. But this is thread is not about comparing classes.

Back on topic.

That way, you could keep your mainhand Axe, Mace or Sword and be useful while running around with your banner in the offhand with 2 skills, swiftness and the current banner number 2 special skill.

Tbh, it makes sense!

This is actually a good idea, however if you want the other skill to grant protection or retaliation like other suggest, you would need a 33% uptime like with vigor on warhorn. If you could spam it like you can with swiftness right now, that would be too powerful in my oppinion.

Make banners better

in Warrior

Brutalistik.6473

Well first off, PvE, PvP and WvW are all part of being a warrior (or any other profession for that matter). Warriors might not be great in pvp, while rangers are not great in wvw, and thieves are not that great in pve (or so I heard). And while we are at it, let me ask you whether you as a warrior have been booted from a dungeon run group because of your class? Like I said each class has its flaws. You could say that a ranger is good in sPvP. Yeah for sitting on nodes that is. There are also some good roamer builds for wvw, but for zerging ranger is not so good. But this is thread is not about comparing classes.

Back on topic.

Tbh, it makes sense!

This is actually a good idea, however if you want the other skill to grant protection or retaliation like other suggest, you would need a 33% uptime like with vigor on warhorn. If you could spam it like you can with swiftness right now, that would be too powerful in my oppinion.

Yeah gotta stay on topic about banners, but had to say something about your first statement.

If the game stays as it is now with your first statement then it won’t get anymore recognition and players will know what profession to bring in Spvp. To make it understandable if you don’t see each class equally represented in tournaments then something is wrong.

As for the second statement that’s why it should be warriors primarily using banners and not everyone else on the battlefield. In actual combat the only player that’s really going to use banner skills is the warrior. When I see other players picking up banners they only hold it for a few seconds and then drop it. You can tell that banners isn’t going to be wielded often by other professions then just swinging it in the air like they don’t care and they don’t.

Pineapples

Make banners better

in Warrior

Quakeman.9378

I d that isidn’t really say this earlier, but I like banners, I just feel they’re missing something, and as you said, I don’t know what

Haha were you stuttering typing that stuff at the beginning of your sentence :P?

Freaking track-pad loves to re-position my cursor

Make banners better

in Warrior

AlBundy.7851

I totally disagree about rangers not being good in wvw and thieves not being good in pve. I also heard from someone wow was the 1st mmo. If you’re having trouble in pve on a thief it’s a l2play issue. And for rangers I can go to the ranger sub forum and see vidoes of rangers roaming and kiting 3 ppl. I think you’re a couple months behind on your misconceptions.

Make banners better

in Warrior

nagymbear.5280

I totally disagree about rangers not being good in wvw and thieves not being good in pve. I also heard from someone wow was the 1st mmo. If you’re having trouble in pve on a thief it’s a l2play issue. And for rangers I can go to the ranger sub forum and see vidoes of rangers roaming and kiting 3 ppl. I think you’re a couple months behind on your misconceptions.

If you would frequent the ranger forums more often you would know thet regen rangers did videos of them taking on 2-3 players before the recent patch. Or is this not what you meant by being a couple months behind on misconceptions? Regen ranger is strong, the only ranger build I had trouble against so far (its not strong because one beat me btw you don’t need to be OP for that) Some thieves say they don’t bring enough to dungeons (which some consider pve), and some even called it hard to level a thief in pve because of the aggro mechanics in pve. Not all players are leetproimbaoppvpgods FYI. I even read somethign along the lines of “what does a thief bring to a dungeon run apart from a lot of blast finishers”.

But let me link you a video of a bunker warrior in sPvP holding a node against 3 rangers sometimes. I warn you though there are banners involved. And yes there is a ranger kiting 3-4 warrior at times without banners. Here goes.

Make banners better

in Warrior

AlBundy.7851

did you just link me a spvp match with each team comprising of all the same class? wtf

Make banners better

in Warrior

AlBundy.7851

who are those players?

Make banners better

in Warrior

AlBundy.7851

this is getting a lil silly

Make banners better

in Warrior

Brutalistik.6473

If you would frequent the ranger forums more often you would know thet regen rangers did videos of them taking on 2-3 players before the recent patch. Or is this not what you meant by being a couple months behind on misconceptions? Regen ranger is strong, the only ranger build I had trouble against so far (its not strong because one beat me btw you don’t need to be OP for that) Some thieves say they don’t bring enough to dungeons (which some consider pve), and some even called it hard to level a thief in pve because of the aggro mechanics in pve. Not all players are leetproimbaoppvpgods FYI. I even read somethign along the lines of “what does a thief bring to a dungeon run apart from a lot of blast finishers”.

But let me link you a video of a bunker warrior in sPvP holding a node against 3 rangers sometimes. I warn you though there are banners involved. And yes there is a ranger kiting 3-4 warrior at times without banners. Here goes.

Where’s the pressure? this is not a good way to show warriors potential. Shame on you this is bad.

Pineapples

Make banners better

in Warrior

Posted by: robocafaz.9017

robocafaz.9017

did you just link me a spvp match with each team comprising of all the same class? wtf

That was Sitting on a Coach gaming’s tournament from last Thursday where each team consisted of one class. I was the Banner Warrior in that video.

I’m kittening awful at sPvP, so if people think I did well in a Banner Build that night I can only imagine what someone actually good could do with it!

Where’s the pressure? this is not a good way to show warriors potential. Shame on you this is bad.

What do you mean by “pressure?” I dunno how a 3v1 isn’t pressure. :P

Deany Kong – #magswag
Head Deany Kong of Deany and the Kongs [Kong]
http://www.youtube.com/user/RoboCafaz

Make banners better

in Warrior

nagymbear.5280

They probably tried to suggest that Titan would have had a much harder time against shatter mesmers, thieves, or just a team of 5 that is not made up by 1 class only and has more experience in tournaments, and playing together. Yes the idea of 5 rangers vs 5 warriors is gimicky, but it was a fun watch (for me at least). They are probably right though about warriors not yet being viable at high end PvP tournaments, although I wouldn’t know as I don’t play that good, and never saw any other tournaments. What I do know is that I like table football, and watching the world championships in table football was no fun for me. On a competitive level a video game becomes such a min-maxing thing where enjoyment disappears. Its all about competition. I wouldn’t want to be a shatter mesmer just to win, if I don’t enjoy the gameplay. This is why I still play a ranger for example.

I also liked how the warriors got their tactics together, saying well there is no boon stripping coming up, so might as well get more boons to even the playing field. Or the fact that they chose regen on banners cause of the expected condition damage. Nothing new under the sun, but still managed to get through rangers, which according the the legendary shoe salesman have a great place in sPvP, whereas warriors are the bottom line.

Make banners better

in Warrior

Posted by: JJBigs.8456

JJBigs.8456

If there is 3 Banners in range, I believe there should be a inherent buff thats syncronized. Like 3/3 Banners give a additional super buff “Banner Mania” – Due to the exceptional banner commanding you and all allies recieve 20 percent more buffs from all banners dropped as long as 3 are in range.

Make banners better

in Warrior

Posted by: XII.9401

XII.9401

Dungeons are PVE. If ‘some’ don’t consider it pve then all the power to them..

Thieves have a hard time lvling in pve in this game? Were they the same 3 that switched to rangers who can’t take out a ‘bunker’ warrior?

Nice use of the smileys..unfortunately they still don’t make what you said valid.

Warrior bunkering against 3 good rangers?Amazing! I’m definitely checking your previous posts.

One ranger kiting 3 warriors? Are those the same 3 stooges who were thieves?

(edited by XII.9401)

Make banners better

in Warrior

Posted by: FenGuild.1097

FenGuild.1097

Warrior bunkering against 3 good rangers?Amazing!

They were good? You haven’t seen nothing yet. Can’t say much about the warrior cause if that was bunkering then that’s how far it will go when tanking those specific builds of rangers.

Make banners better

in Warrior

Posted by: XII.9401

XII.9401

this is getting a lil silly

It’s just SoAc spam advertising their circu..i mean.. tourneys on the forums. I guess some people get their kick out of picking on a crappy class and mistake their class carrying them with skill.

Make banners better

in Warrior

Posted by: Rissou.7213

Rissou.7213

If banners were stuck on your back, that would be really awesome.

Anyone using banners know the feeling when you put down more than 1 banner and then need to leave the area and you can only bring one of them with you, and the others have 40 seconds left on the cooldown :/

We all know a warrior would just put them all on his back and swing away like a mad banner man!

Thief.

Make banners better

in Warrior

nagymbear.5280

Dungeons are PVE. If ‘some’ don’t consider it pve then all the power to them..

Thieves have a hard time lvling in pve in this game? Were they the same 3 that switched to rangers who can’t take out a ‘bunker’ warrior?

Nice use of the smileys..unfortunately they still don’t make what you said valid.

Warrior bunkering against 3 good rangers?Amazing! I’m definitely checking your previous posts.

One ranger kiting 3 warriors? Are those the same 3 stooges who were thieves?

Mabye you should check the post you’re quoting first. I didn’t say they were good rangers, and I didn’t say all thieves have problems with leveling. I said some do.

Make banners better

in Warrior

Posted by: gfox.6501

gfox.6501

quit arguing, make a bunker banner warrior, take em to tpvp, see the results..

Make banners better

in Warrior

Brutalistik.6473

quit arguing, make a bunker banner warrior, take em to tpvp, see the results..

They won’t…I tried telling them that. They rather fight against a full ranger team being bunker build I assume than fight any other diverse profession.

Pineapples