Male v Female Armor

Male v Female Armor

in Warrior

Posted by: Spectre.4260

Spectre.4260

Let my character wear the female set instead. Looks better than the male one.

Attachments:

Male v Female Armor

in Warrior

Posted by: elithrar.7143

elithrar.7143

In reality though, the male armor models are typically much better. Many of the female models are pretty “skimpy”, which looks a bit odd in heavy armor.

Took me a long while to find 2-3 sets that I can switch between that don’t resemble a bikini!

[TKG] Mollify

Male v Female Armor

in Warrior

Posted by: Bubbles.1047

Bubbles.1047

In reality though, the male armor models are typically much better. Many of the female models are pretty “skimpy”, which looks a bit odd in heavy armor.

Took me a long while to find 2-3 sets that I can switch between that don’t resemble a bikini!

You say that like it’s a bad thing.

Male v Female Armor

in Warrior

Posted by: Varyag.3751

Varyag.3751

Depends if you consider sexual objectification a bad thing, doesn’t it?

I play Warrior, Guardian, Elementalist and Thief.

Male v Female Armor

in Warrior

Posted by: Strom.2917

Strom.2917

Depends if you consider sexual objectification a bad thing, doesn’t it?

It’s a preference thing. Don’t start this stupid discussion again. There can be armor for everyone.

Male v Female Armor

in Warrior

Posted by: grknwrt.5493

grknwrt.5493

Female armor in the concept art doesn’t exist in the game, not the same Arah set.

Male v Female Armor

in Warrior

Strom.2917

Female armor in the concept art doesn’t exist in the game, not the same Arah set.

It did in beta, but they covered it up more right before release.

Male v Female Armor

in Warrior

Posted by: grknwrt.5493

grknwrt.5493

It did in beta, but they covered it up more right before release.

Well, if they wouldn’t i am sure there would be hundreds of thousands people using that armor

Male v Female Armor

in Warrior

Varyag.3751

Personally I just wish there was more variation in the armor styles, but at least heavy isn’t as bad as medium – a.k.a trenchcoat – armor.

There can be armor for everyone.

Hmm, obviously not enough of the latter though…

… see?

Male v Female Armor

in Warrior

Strom.2917

Personally I just wish there was more variation in the armor styles, but at least heavy isn’t as bad as medium – a.k.a trenchcoat – armor.

There can be armor for everyone.

Hmm, obviously not enough of the latter though…

… see?

It’s actually the other way around. You should check it up yourself instead. 8 dungeon armors, only 1 of them is skimpy, and that’s the Arah one in the OP (which got covered up more at release). Every other dungeon set is covering every inch. If anything there should be more skimpy heavy armor to balance it out.

Male v Female Armor

in Warrior

Varyag.3751

If anything there should be more skimpy heavy armor to balance it out.

Skimpy male armor is needed more, there’s currently a shortage of that. And well, we should be fair…

This thread shouldn’t be in the warrior forum either – the overzealous moderators must be asleep.

Male v Female Armor

in Warrior

Posted by: Angriff.1935

Angriff.1935

I play a female warrior. My complaint is that there aren’t enough nice looking armors. Currently most of the female armors look very masculine, and that’s not really what i want, and the skimpy armors are pretty ugly.

I feel that the nicest looking armor is probably the scaled set(lvl 80 crafted). It’s really not even that nice looking, it just has a skirt and is more feminine looking than the other armor sets.

I don’t want big pauldrons, I don’t really want spiky armor, we need more elegant looking armors. I don’t want my female character to look like a dude with boobs.

Male v Female Armor

in Warrior

Varyag.3751

Personally I kind of wish there were more types of scale armor, even some mirror armor, lamellar or other suits of armor that don’t fall under the category of “spikey” or “plate”. Oh, I wouldn’t mind some hussar wings either…

Male v Female Armor

in Warrior

Posted by: Inosus.3012

Inosus.3012

Im all for valkyrie armor. And if capes get included at some point im dropping all my characters to play heavy armor classes. On that note I’d like some more cloth on heavy armor. Its called ‘heavy’, not ‘fullplate’. Maybe the 15th will have something nice to show us. It cant hurt to hope I guess

Male v Female Armor

in Warrior

Posted by: Bezayne.6459

Bezayne.6459

I am having a really hard time right now finding a good looking set for my female norn guardian. While the Arah set looks interesting from the front, I don’t like the hunchback it gives you.

Generally heavy armour either looks horribly clunky or it is a chainmail bikini. Not really happy with the currently available options, some of the most promising looks are actually either crafted or found in lower level karma armour.

Male v Female Armor

in Warrior

Posted by: Edelweiss.9815

Edelweiss.9815

This female armor invites a poke in the liver.

Male v Female Armor

in Warrior

Posted by: EasymodeX.4062

EasymodeX.4062

Best armors I’ve found in no particular order:

- Norn T2/3
- Vigil

… it’s a short list. I agree about the Pit Fighter / Gladiator / whatever sets. +1 for bikinis and straps but -2 for all of them having the primitive / crude / SPIKES / bandit theme.

Need a proper plate bikini in this game.

If you can’t read English, please do not reply to my post.

Male v Female Armor

in Warrior

Posted by: Wobels.1679

Wobels.1679

so i just hit 80 on my female human warrior i like the plate bikini but i look like a freakin barbarian with my helm and boots then mid section all exposed and spikes and straps kinda strange.. anyways im thinking more slicker smoother plate but keep the bikini? i mean its why i made a female anyways cause i got tired of looking at my male spiked karma guardian lol..

Male v Female Armor

in Warrior

Posted by: main character.5460

main character.5460

I think there’s an equal amount of women wearing tin cans and men wearing skirts. Most of the armor looks the same between gender & races; the real difference in look comes down to body types. Most of the armors outside of culturals are just reskins anyway…

(edited by main character.5460)