Mancleaver - ridiculous DPS build

in Warrior

Posted by: xiv.7136

xiv.7136

Glass cannon or go home. Real men don’t need no toughness. We don’t need no vitality. Healing shouts, banners? Why not just wear a tutu.

Hammers are for carpenters. Drop your unicorn wand and pick up some axes and a sword. Warhorn because real men sound off.

This isn’t about being the best. It’s about being the manliest. This is the Mancleaver build.

http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=-s77F-0-RK-Q0e4ZL-60;9;499T-J4;02;027A;159-OoW46;95Bm

Look at my build. Look at yours. Now look at mine again. You could have my build. But you need to be a real man.

If you are female, none of my comments make any sense. Real men don’t have to make sense.

We just have to run fast, hit hard and make it back to our wives in time for dinner. Wham, bam, thank you maam.

Mancleaver.

http://youtu.be/z9lpQ-etUJs

For Men.

(edited by xiv.7136)

in Warrior

Posted by: Oglaf.1074

Oglaf.1074

Mancleaver sounds like a horrible, horrible homoerotic movie.

I can do thirty Five-Dolyak Arm Curls.

Do you even lift, bro?

in Warrior

Posted by: CoaxialMazer.9140

CoaxialMazer.9140

^ LMAO, I couldn’t stop laughing at that name/comment

For someone who says no toughness and dumps 30 points into the defense tree and grabs endure pain at 25% sounds a bit deceptive Mr. Mancleaver. ^.~

Other wise, decent build for sPvP =D

(edited by CoaxialMazer.9140)

in Warrior

Posted by: Waldma.9760

Waldma.9760

thats not a good link

in Warrior

Posted by: CoaxialMazer.9140

CoaxialMazer.9140

copy and paste into browser in a new tab

Also note, Balance stance and last stand conflict. If you use balance stance, last stands internal cooldown of 90 sec gets activated. So you would need to use balance stance after last stand’s balance stance is activated. Endure pain is also currently glitched to give only 3 seconds.

(edited by CoaxialMazer.9140)

in Warrior

Posted by: trane.4569

trane.4569

why am I watching commercials in a forum…?

uuuhmn… yeah.. that’s about it.

in Warrior

Posted by: Redscope.6215

Redscope.6215

Your entire build clenches on whirling axes and omnomberry food.

Glass cannon indeed.

in Warrior

Posted by: Braxxus.2904

Braxxus.2904

Props to the OP for providing an entertaining post and video.

Off-topic rant:
What is starting to annoy me however is every one of these warrior vids I see is a glass cannon spec, and succeeding in fights. Surviving somehow because absolutely every opponent seems to have no combat abilities on their hotbars or the ability to target the warriors. Yet every time I get in a fight in SPvP or WvW it’s a constant uphill battle of focused target condi + burst dumps on my warrior and 3-7 people focus firing and support stomping which leads to an average uptime of maybe 10 seconds while having to gear and spec defensively or else the focus fire drops the war in 4 seconds (3 for endure pain and 1 to take 40k damage from a coordinated group).

Seriously, what servers do all these players exist on where 28 run from a whirling warrior and are unable to even all press 1 on him at the same time in order to deal 30k damage and drop him in 1 second?

/rant

Blackwater Vanguard
Yaks Bend

in Warrior

Posted by: killcannon.2576

killcannon.2576

Four thumbs up for this. lol

in Warrior

Posted by: Aether the Nob.9172

Aether the Nob.9172

What is starting to annoy me however is every one of these warrior vids I see is a glass cannon spec, and succeeding in fights. Surviving somehow because absolutely every opponent seems to have no combat abilities on their hotbars or the ability to target the warriors. Yet every time I get in a fight in SPvP or WvW it’s a constant uphill battle of focused target condi + burst dumps on my warrior and 3-7 people focus firing and support stomping which leads to an average uptime of maybe 10 seconds while having to gear and spec defensively or else the focus fire drops the war in 4 seconds (3 for endure pain and 1 to take 40k damage from a coordinated group).

Seriously, what servers do all these players exist on where 28 run from a whirling warrior and are unable to even all press 1 on him at the same time in order to deal 30k damage and drop him in 1 second?

I have noticed this. Must be hackz O_o

in Warrior

Posted by: Mattidore.3482

Mattidore.3482

Off-topic rant:

/rant

yeah i was wondering how he was surviving for so long in that 1v5 or something (2nd battle). I thought it was the warrior but in actual fact, it was the enemies’ noobness that were too op for themselves.

in Warrior

Posted by: Schwahrheit.4203

Schwahrheit.4203

I don’t even… okay. You know what? I hope they buff Whirling Attack and I’ll get a laugh off of your videos.

Because lets be reasonable, off-hand Mace > off-hand Axe. Let alone be able to pull off Frenzy combos without needing Bulls Charge..

Since people are negative about nerfs, how about we buff to balance then?

in Warrior

Braxxus.2904

I don’t even… okay. You know what? I hope they buff Whirling Attack and I’ll get a laugh off of your videos.

Because lets be reasonable, off-hand Mace > off-hand Axe. Let alone be able to pull off Frenzy combos without needing Bulls Charge..

WvW build, WvW thread, WvW video. Noone cares about your t*olling Schwar. He was having fun and that’s what matters. Take your elitism ‘LOOKATMEIMSOAMAZING’ attitude somewhere else and let the man have fun. Go play in traffic or something. Besides your opinion on WvW fighting stems from blowing every cooldown to rush some dude, down him and then run away screaming for your life while he gets revived without scoring a kill. In effect blowing your wad and having a negative sum effect on the fight.

Blackwater Vanguard
Yaks Bend

in Warrior

Schwahrheit.4203

On a serious note his build should be more rewarding than that. But then what was ANET thinking when they put Whirling Axe as is right now?

I’m just chuckling at these simple facts to be honest. Because he would’ve been face-rolling (due gear difference and actually having the skill to use flurry to set-up combos) even harder if ANET was on the right mind set when they put Whirling Axe in the game as is right now.

(edited by Schwahrheit.4203)

in Warrior

Posted by: Writetyper.1985

Writetyper.1985

Brilliant. Now all you need is refresher orb and a rapier.

Mortryde/Cold/Thugmentalist Bara
really bad engineer

in Warrior

Posted by: Evalia.7103

Evalia.7103

Ok. Lacks DAMAGE though(I expected something… more manly than that!)

in Warrior

Posted by: Knightmare.8634

Knightmare.8634

Off-topic rant:

/rant

Couldn’t have said it better myself.

in Warrior

xiv.7136

yeah i was wondering how he was surviving for so long in that 1v5 or something (2nd battle). I thought it was the warrior but in actual fact, it was the enemies’ noobness that were too op for themselves.

Real Men cause panic and awe wherever they go. The weak ones run in fear, fumble and drop their skittles.

But a real Man also has complexity and depth. This is why all the women want him. Consider this.

Also note, Balance stance and last stand conflict. If you use balance stance, last stands internal cooldown of 90 sec gets activated. So you would need to use balance stance after last stand’s balance stance is activated. Endure pain is also currently glitched to give only 3 seconds.

In the video I use balanced stance early in the fight against the necro to preempt a reapers mark fear. 15 seconds later the last stand trait triggers when he pops DS fear and gives me a 2nd stability.

When the necro is downed and fears me away, defy pain trait triggers just as the thief bursts me while I’m feared. I survive long enough to get the necro low enough to rally off his downstate, without the defy pain trait I would have been downed by the thief.

in Warrior

Posted by: UrFortuneCookie.4816

UrFortuneCookie.4816

I got a build, tis the Warrior get 3 shotted but deal up to 28k in wvw build.

[Work] Demons of Razgriz
Lvl 80 Norn Warrior 50+ exotic geared.
Commander, 100% Map, Dungeon Master

in Warrior

Schwahrheit.4203

I’d also like to point out that Axe as a main weapon is much more flexible than GS. Interesting to see people actually finding flexibility and diversity by realizing that Bulls Charge isn’t the only way to land burst.

in Warrior

Posted by: DevilLordLaser.8619

DevilLordLaser.8619

Axe as a main weapon is much more flexible than practically any other main weapon in existence, Warrior or otherwise. There’s something to be said for packing all the offensive power you’ll ever need into one mainhand and leaving the off and all your utilities free to do whatever you like with.

in Warrior

Posted by: Kazin.2073

Kazin.2073

“Real men don’t need no toughness”

*Puts 30 points into the toughness tree"

How do I put this?

in Warrior

Braxxus.2904

How do I put this?

lol, shhhhhh
You’re not supposed to point that out.
;)

Blackwater Vanguard
Yaks Bend

in Warrior

xiv.7136

How do I put this?

Real men don’t have to make sense. That’s how we do.

in Warrior

Posted by: Mayam.8976

Mayam.8976

No HP or Toughness? Hmm… Yeah, a fighter who can be brought to his knees by a toddler winging rocks at him does scream “manly”.

Just kidding, I dunno maybe your build is awesome? I pretty much leveled to 80 exclusively dualing axes and I enjoyed glass cannonry until I became more regular in PvP and so regularly ran into said toddlers throwing said rocks. Dual Axe wielding glass cannon build isn’t exactly what I’d call a revolutionary build though. For certain, nothing generates Adrenaline like dual axes. It has it’s pros and cons like any build or choice of weaponry of course.

in Warrior

Posted by: Monki.5012

Monki.5012

Because lets be reasonable, off-hand Mace > off-hand Axe.

Could you please explain to me why mace is superior to axe offhand?

Looking at the tooltips maceskills have longer CD (unless you trait for it) and do less damage. I often read sentences like yours but I cant understand why everyone think mace is better? Does the extra vulv make up for the lack of base damage?

in Warrior

Posted by: Oglaf.1074

Oglaf.1074

Because lets be reasonable, off-hand Mace > off-hand Axe.

Could you please explain to me why mace is superior to axe offhand?

Looking at the tooltips maceskills have longer CD (unless you trait for it) and do less damage. I often read sentences like yours but I cant understand why everyone think mace is better? Does the extra vulv make up for the lack of base damage?

1. Whirling Axe is generally a lot less DPS than axe auto-attack.

2. You can stack Axe 3 and Mace 4 for a good few stacks of Vulnerability.

3. A ranged, AoE knockdown is always nice.

I can do thirty Five-Dolyak Arm Curls.

Do you even lift, bro?

in Warrior

Posted by: tanshiniza.8629

tanshiniza.8629

I watched the video and the fact that nearly all of those players just stood right in the middle of every bust attack just makes me think ‘those are either some serious sadists or just plain stupid.’ I understand that immobilise was applied before hundred blades was used but sitting in the whirling axe attack after that makes no sense.

Calm Caril – Level 80 – Guardian
“Jim’ll Fix It and if he doesn’t it’s not broken”

in Warrior

Posted by: EasymodeX.4062

EasymodeX.4062

Glass cannon or go home. Real men don’t need no toughness. We don’t need no vitality. Healing shouts, banners? Why not just wear a tutu.

Hammers are for carpenters. Drop your unicorn wand and pick up some axes and a sword. Warhorn because real men sound off.

This isn’t about being the best. It’s about being the manliest. This is the Mancleaver build.

http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=-s77F-0-RK-Q0e4ZL-60;9;499T-J4;02;027A;159-OoW46;95Bm

Look at my build. Look at yours. Now look at mine again. You could have my build. But you need to be a real man.

If you are female, none of my comments make any sense. Real men don’t have to make sense.

We just have to run fast, hit hard and make it back to our wives in time for dinner. Wham, bam, thank you maam.

Mancleaver.

For Men.

What kind of runes does a manly man’s man use?

If you can’t read English, please do not reply to my post.

in Warrior

Posted by: Seox.5876

Seox.5876

Mancleaver.

For Men.

What kind of runes does a manly man’s man use?

Runes of the cuddly woodland hare

in Warrior

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

/rant

Preach. I love this thread, and the video makes me reminisce about how fun the game can be. Then I remember that all I seem to run across is groups of 20, or focus fire puts insane pressure on instantly, or I finally find a good small-scale fight, and it’s all D/D ele, P/D thief, or guardian. Sometimes it’s all three in the same small group.

Kudos to the OP for having fun with the game, and making this post. These forums could use more wholesome fun. I just wish I could still find that sort of entertainment despite the annoyances I have with the game.

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”

in Warrior

Posted by: Aether the Nob.9172

Aether the Nob.9172

Preach. I love this thread, and the video makes me reminisce about how fun the game can be. Then I remember that all I seem to run across is groups of 20, or focus fire puts insane pressure on instantly, or I finally find a good small-scale fight, and it’s all D/D ele, P/D thief, or guardian. Sometimes it’s all three in the same small group.

Kudos to the OP for having fun with the game, and making this post. These forums could use more wholesome fun. I just wish I could still find that sort of entertainment despite the annoyances I have with the game.

Zees ess why zee forums need an Off Topic section. Moar foon

in Warrior

Posted by: pvpgameplay.3860

pvpgameplay.3860

in the video at 0:37, how does he immobalize the necro for so long?

in Warrior

Posted by: azmodeus.3409

azmodeus.3409

you bring a glass war into spvp you’re good for the first game, then your just glory for ppl as soon as they realise your build. i eat glass thieves/wars etc…all the time for points, over and over….

i don’t play my war in spvp anymore, i use ranger.

in Warrior

Posted by: Sovereign.1093

Sovereign.1093

Hmmm, me likey this build. will try it. ^.^ I’ll give my comment after doing so.

my thoughts… why use bleed cuts?

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

in Warrior

Posted by: Methal.9045

Methal.9045

ManCleaver it is.

in Warrior

Posted by: Brutalistik.6473

Brutalistik.6473

you bring a glass war into spvp you’re good for the first game, then your just glory for ppl as soon as they realise your build. i eat glass thieves/wars etc…all the time for points, over and over….

i don’t play my war in spvp anymore, i use ranger.

True story and it’s horrendous

Pineapples

in Warrior

Posted by: Prezzy.2783

Prezzy.2783

30 points in defense and you call this a DPS build? :S

I run healing shouts with a GS and probs do a hella’ lot more DPS than this build.

in Warrior

Posted by: Fiorrello.8126

Fiorrello.8126

in the video at 0:37, how does he immobalize the necro for so long?

i believe he used the burst skill on the long sword main hand [flurry]

at max adrenalin it has a pretty lengthy immobilize. i use sword and shield myself with the bolas traited for just that reason. if i can catch a thief i can root him in place for something close to 10 seconds.

in Warrior

Posted by: CrassBippy.4619

CrassBippy.4619

Off-topic rant:

/rant

That’s because people only record good fights. And it’s just picking off stragglers, not real Pvp. people aren’t speccedfor 1v1 in wvw so going against someone who is doesn’t show that much

Bi Furious [Fist] YB

in Warrior

xiv.7136

30 points in defense and you call this a DPS build? :S

I run healing shouts with a GS and probs do a hella’ lot more DPS than this build.

The build is ridic’lous yo. Not the DPS.

(edited by xiv.7136)

in Warrior

Posted by: Mikhail.4961

Mikhail.4961

Mancleaver sounds like a horrible, horrible homoerotic movie.

Best. Reply. Ever.

Any class is easy to play, but not as easy to master. So sod off, warrior-haters.

in Warrior

Posted by: kmc.7681

kmc.7681

Mancleaver.

For Men.

LMAO…nice!

I like it when my Charr Guardian bf makes me dinner before I get home from work. That’s how female warriors roll!

in Warrior

Posted by: Red Falcon.8257

Red Falcon.8257

Nice concept, but offhand Axe is a joke and your video shows stomping of half-asleep WvW newbs which can be done traitless really.

I can’t count the times I saw newbs mass into one of those little capture points with one guard, I jump in and HB+WA oneshot everyone.
But none of this will work against anyone with a minimum of skills.

in Warrior

xiv.7136

Mancleaver.

For Men.

LMAO…nice!

I like it when my Charr Guardian bf makes me dinner before I get home from work. That’s how female warriors roll!

Real men occasionally make dinner, just to show that we could if we wanted.