Maximum Survival Warrior WvW Build.

in Warrior

Posted by: sigmataun.4103

sigmataun.4103

I’ve been looking for a few days and haven’t found anything noteworthy. I often see so many cool new perspectives and ideas on the forums and am looking for help.

What I am looking for is the maximum armor rating/toughness/survivability that a warrior build can have. I have no interest in damage output whatsoever. I don’t have any preference as far as mobility or weapons or skills…I am looking for your help finding the equipment set and traits for the ultimate survivor. I appreciate all of your help.

in Warrior

Posted by: Traitine.8713

Traitine.8713

Those objectives are what I had in mind when I came up with this build. It’s even useful in a group setting. Lately I’ve tested out using a greatsword instead of a rifle. I think you’ll find mobility adds to survivability. Either way, this build gets it done.

http://www.constantwarfare.com/2012/11/squadcommander.html

80 Warrior – Akallos Traitine
www.ConstantWarfare.com

in Warrior

Posted by: Excalibur.9748

Excalibur.9748

maximum survival is longbow/greatsword running bunker build imo.

All is vain.

in Warrior

Posted by: lmaonade.9207

lmaonade.9207

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fIAQNAR8ejkOFvpQWQMxBE0jroK2CVB7I9IMGw1A-jkBB4hCyZRDZNNKiVRFRjVNjIqW1ADA-w

just something I threw together, Healing Signet ticks for 467, Regen ticks over 300, Adrenal Health ticks for 586/3s or 195 per second. Ample condition removal, ample toughness, ample HP. Banner has a healing skill on it (heals for 1k ish), can swap around traits as you please. The reason I didn’t use Melandru’s Runes is that I’m assuming with this kind of build you are trying to troll zergs and not die, since you don’t need this kind of survival to survive normal outmanned situations. So – condition duration is actually really useless here, since 30% of a million seconds of bleed is still forever. Lyssa runes for a cleanse, hard cleanses are worth much more for 1 vs world. But if you find yourself up against paltry numbers like maybe 10 to 15 people, use Melandru’s and poultry soup.

Also, I don’t know how you haven’t found something “noteworthy” because there is really only 1 way you can go if you’re looking for a nothing but defense build, which is 30 in defense with obvious traits and 30 in tactics with obvious traits.

in Warrior

Posted by: Radian.2478

Radian.2478

He said he’s not interested in damage what-so-ever and people are linking builds that do damage -_-

I’ve gone days without dying in WvW with my commander build and have had many zerg vs zerg confrontations throughout the time but I escape every time that our team wipes too. Siege doesn’t kill me either because I have triple invulnerability plus stability.

I command with something like this:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fIMQNAR8ejkOtwxQGPMxBE0DN8K2CTheI9QMGQ2A-jEyAorITMCE5AO7VEN2yYR0Y1LY6SioaPeR0qjBgJ-w

There’s no reason to take a Longbow or Rifle if you are only concerned about defense. GS + S/WH is the fastest set up for warrior so I typically use that and I will swap my WH to a shield before a confrontation usually but it depends on the situation. There’s pretty much no way that conditions can get to you with this build and you have tons of health regeneration and defense when sitting on siege. PTV gear and melandru’s runes are mandatory. This build is terrific for commanding because it moves quick and has tons of survivability. It’s also good for karma trains because you are pretty close to the best build in the game for getting to the capture circle quickly without dying. It’s give poop loot but you asked for a survivability build. If you want better loot but worse survivability, swap to LB and just tag stuff.

in Warrior

sigmataun.4103

^That is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you!

in Warrior

Posted by: Rigel.3092

Rigel.3092

Despite all these builds, there is no “maximum survival” warrior build in WvW. Focus fire makes sure of that.

in Warrior

Posted by: Red Falcon.8257

Red Falcon.8257

Despite all these builds, there is no “maximum survival” warrior build in WvW. Focus fire makes sure of that.

Lrn2MobileStrikes+EP+zerkstance+rush+leapawayfromwholezerg

in Warrior

sigmataun.4103

HAHAHAHA I rep [HAMR] or [RET] while running WVW in FA. Focus fire didn’t do much when we all danced in a line in front of Maguma’s Garri last night. This was intended to provide me with a better trolling build and I am confident that it will.

in Warrior

Radian.2478

Red Falcon is right.

There’s been countless times with my build where I’ve ran right through a zerg of 50 (from one end to the other). Endure pain + balanced stance + WH skills to remove conditions + GS leaps and stuff. It does take a little help from the enemy messing up but I’ve done it many times and it doesn’t take too much. It’s faster moving than any build except for a heartseaker thief and usually the zerg won’t chase one person for an extended period of time but even then this build can usually get away even when the zerg still chases.

in Warrior

Posted by: KarlusDavius.1024

KarlusDavius.1024

Shrug it off is an interesting choice. Does this proc from healing shouts and soldier runes?

Cmdr. Kiro Heimdahl
Warrior
Far Shiverpeaks

in Warrior

Posted by: Olba.5376

Olba.5376

He said he’s not interested in damage what-so-ever and people are linking builds that do damage -_-

Curious that you would say that and then provide a build with Soldier gear rather than Sentinel. Any reason for that? Costs?

in Warrior

sigmataun.4103

I run full sentinel gear and weapons with Melandru runes and sigil of restoration anyway. Soldier is for poor toons lol.

in Warrior

Radian.2478

Curious that you would say that and then provide a build with Soldier gear rather than Sentinel. Any reason for that? Costs?

Yes. The sentinel’s gear is over 500 gold or so and you can’t place buy offers and expect to get it because people update buy offers every hour to over-cut people. I bought the chest piece and the leg piece but the rest is far from worth it for me.

in Warrior

Posted by: lmaonade.9207

lmaonade.9207

Cleric’s Armor deals damage huh? I’ll have to try my own build someday

in Warrior

Radian.2478

Cleric’s Armor deals damage huh? I’ll have to try my own build someday

I did see Lyssa runes on that build, though.