Merciless Hammer should = Immune to blindness

in Warrior

Posted by: fony.5102

fony.5102

that’s what it should do. Since they’re finally admitting different game types need different rules for skills/traits to function by make this the sPvP and WvW function of the trait. For PvE make it give Fury for 3 seconds every 5 seconds to balance out the lack of crit in defensive builds. Make it a 30 point trait of course.

inb4 “overpowered” and other nonsense. perfect balance is boring, like the game has become.

in Warrior

Posted by: Bacon Please.8407

Bacon Please.8407

No. Merciless hammer is a great trait as it is. It doesn’t need to be changed at all. It is is not necessarily in the ideal tree line, but making it immune to blind and granting fury is kinda out of the question. You use a hammer for control, not crazy damage. I am defensive speced with some offensive gear. My hammer hits for plenty. I can control the mobs that I need to. I just overall think that merciless hammer is a great trait, should stay as a T2 trait but maybe moved to a different tree.

We all like to [FARM] Guild Leader
Jade Quarry

in Warrior

fony.5102

“it’s fine” trolling is still going on? this, like many other skills and traits need to function differently in Pvp and PvE and like many traits the current implementation is not very useful. the damage boost only works with a single skill(earth shaker), you can’t chain other control effects for even two seconds to land a hit on a disabled enemy.

everyone with this trait only takes it for the skill recharge reduction. the other part is not as useful as crack shot or forceful greatsword.

in Warrior

Bacon Please.8407

I run GS/Hammer for wvw. This skill does exactly what it should. I love and main my warrior. This skill has nothing wrong with it. It is fine how it is.

Jade Quarry

in Warrior

Posted by: AlBundy.7851

AlBundy.7851

Would love to see it grant some warrior specific boons and be immune to blind. Ever since they nerfed our damage because of the cries of terrible players and gave nothing in return you really start to see how barren the warrior’s traits and skills are.

in Warrior

Posted by: Dolan.3071

Dolan.3071

Condition immunity is something I’d like to see implemented. Condition spec builds – mainly Necro and Engineer – are becoming more and more common. Be it through traits protecting you from individual conditions or utilities that temporarily protect you from them all. I don’t care where they put it, but immunity to poison would be the first trait I swap to….

Uriel Asther ~ Warrior | Kaya Lereau ~ Elementalist | Natalie Fox ~ Thief
Skye Eterna ~ Mesmer | Arya Slade ~ Charrdian | Kiera Thine ~ Ranger
Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]

in Warrior

Posted by: Rednik.3809

Rednik.3809

No. Merciless hammer is a great trait as it is. It doesn’t need to be changed at all. It is is not necessarily in the ideal tree line, but making it immune to blind and granting fury is kinda out of the question. You use a hammer for control, not crazy damage. I am defensive speced with some offensive gear. My hammer hits for plenty. I can control the mobs that I need to. I just overall think that merciless hammer is a great trait, should stay as a T2 trait but maybe moved to a different tree.

Let me guess, you never playing in serious WvW guild as melee train frontline, right? Cuz “control the mobs that I need to” and “should stay as a T2 trait but maybe moved to a different tree”… just lol.

Kiijna, Xast, Satis Ironwail, Sekhaina, Shira Forgesparkle, Sfeno, Nasibi, Tegeira, Rhonwe…
25 charracters

in Warrior

Bacon Please.8407

Let me guess, you never playing in serious WvW guild as melee train frontline, right? Cuz “control the mobs that I need to” and “should stay as a T2 trait but maybe moved to a different tree”… just lol.

I pretty much exclusively play wvwvw . Warrior is my favorite class and play it 75% of the time I am on. I try to stay away from zergs as they are what is destroying wvw. Stick to small teams even solo roaming as my warrior. I have plenty of kills. Just because a trait isn’t THE BEST TRAIT EVER doesn’t mean it is lack luster. For the 20% cool down it was enough for me to pick it up. So I guess what I am saying is L2Play. The only issues warriors should be having right now is sustainability, condition removal, and healing. Crowd control and Damage don’t even’t need to be touched.

Jade Quarry

in Warrior

Rednik.3809

I pretty much exclusively play wvwvw . Warrior is my favorite class and play it 75% of the time I am on. I try to stay away from zergs as they are what is destroying wvw. Stick to small teams even solo roaming as my warrior. I have plenty of kills. Just because a trait isn’t THE BEST TRAIT EVER doesn’t mean it is lack luster. For the 20% cool down it was enough for me to pick it up. So I guess what I am saying is L2Play. The only issues warriors should be having right now is sustainability, condition removal, and healing. Crowd control and Damage don’t even’t need to be touched.

I.e. “stop liking playstyle what i don’t like!”.
I appreciate your opinion, but for those who prefer large-scale battles and melee trains – anti-blind option is vital and absolutely necessary. And this is not l2play issue, this is issue of slow melee aoe weapon in condition-heavy environment, and this issue must be solved by changing of warrior mechanic/traits/weapon functionality.

Kiijna, Xast, Satis Ironwail, Sekhaina, Shira Forgesparkle, Sfeno, Nasibi, Tegeira, Rhonwe…
25 charracters

(edited by Rednik.3809)

in Warrior

Posted by: Iavra.8510

Iavra.8510

In large-scale battles there are cleanses flying around everywhere…

in Warrior

Rednik.3809

Not everywhere and not 100% of time. “Earthshaker – lolblind, you miss nao” is very common picture.

25 charracters

in Warrior

Posted by: Iavra.8510

Iavra.8510

The same goes for D/D eles using Churning Earth. They attune to water right before the skill goes off to solve the problem. I’d try to save “Shake It Off!” or, when using Soldier runes, any other shout for that.

Earthshaker is also on a 10s cd so you won’t have to wait that long before using it again ^^ There is usually always enough adrenaline in a big fight.

(edited by Iavra.8510)

in Warrior

Posted by: Brutalistik.6473

Brutalistik.6473

Overall I do not like blind effect when you’re doing a AOE attack and it counts as a miss even though it is meant for more than one player it still misses instead of taking half damage / condition if. That coding probably be a pain to do because I’m not in the video game coding language industry.

Pineapples

in Warrior

Bacon Please.8407

Overall I do not like blind effect when you’re doing a AOE attack and it counts as a miss even though it is meant for more than one player it still misses instead of taking half damage / condition if. That coding probably be a pain to do because I’m not in the video game coding language industry.

you don’t like blind effect? Do you know how much more a pain blind was in guildwars 1? Where it stays on you for the duration or until removed. No one needs immunity to blind. Condition removal is an issue with warrior as well as healing and needs to be looked at

Jade Quarry

in Warrior

Posted by: Epic.3950

Epic.3950

The same goes for D/D eles using Churning Earth. They attune to water right before the skill goes off to solve the problem. I’d try to save “Shake It Off!” or, when using Soldier runes, any other shout for that.

Earthshaker is also on a 10s cd so you won’t have to wait that long before using it again ^^ There is usually always enough adrenaline in a big fight.

implying that a warrior lives long enough to recast/not get reblinded. With the slowest cast times ever we need something (im on the immune to conditions stance side of the fence)

in Warrior

fony.5102

Not everywhere and not 100% of time. “Earthshaker – lolblind, you miss nao” is very common picture.

indeed.

in Warrior

Posted by: Tetra Bug.7134

Tetra Bug.7134

I.e. “stop liking playstyle what i don’t like!”.
I appreciate your opinion, but for those who prefer large-scale battles and melee trains – anti-blind option is vital and absolutely necessary. And this is not l2play issue, this is issue of slow melee aoe weapon in condition-heavy environment, and this issue must be solved by changing of warrior mechanic/traits/weapon functionality.

You realize that that is just blind working as intended?

Ur Kel – Warrior
AR → EB → DB → Maguuma
Arkham – [Ark]