Merciless Hammer shouldn't be grandmaster.

in Warrior

Posted by: Doon.2364

Doon.2364

All other weapon reduction traits like forceful greatsword, blademaster, sundering mace, and longbow’s burning arrow are categorize in Master tier but Hammer is placed in grandmaster tier in discipline tree. This is not fair to hammer warriors. Please reconsider moving Merciless Hammer to Master tier replacing Inspiring Battle Standard.

in Warrior

Posted by: Thuggernaut.1250

Thuggernaut.1250

Axe mastery trait should move down to master too. Having it compete with Berserker’s Power is just insane

in Warrior

Doon.2364

I agree. Anet just hates warriors

Don’t say stuff like that even if u agree. Perhaps Anet just over-looked this trait and place it in the wrong tier. Hopefully they will agree with us and move it to master tier like almost all the other weapon’s trait.

in Warrior

Posted by: killahmayne.9518

killahmayne.9518

No TY, having it compete with Brawler’s Recovery and Destruction of the Empowered, terrible idea.

And you can pretty much throw out the idea of what is an Adept, Master and a Grandmaster out the window. Once you select a trait line you are locked into the entire trait line. All that matters are the traits that compete with each other in their respective lines.

I’d rather have Merciless Hammer compete with Heightened Focus and Burst Mastery than DoTE or BR.

Mace/Greatsword Video (Sept Patch)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoAjKtD6MLY

in Warrior

Doon.2364

No TY, having it compete with Brawler’s Recovery and Destruction of the Empowered, terrible idea.

And you can pretty much throw out the idea of what is an Adept, Master and a Grandmaster out the window. Once you select a trait line you are locked into the entire trait line. All that matters are the traits that compete with each other in their respective lines.

I’d rather have Merciless Hammer compete with Heightened Focus and Burst Mastery than DoTE or BR.

All the other weapon reduction traits are classified in master tier. How is that not following the Adept, Master, and Grandmaster guidelines? I rather have the option to get Merciless Hammer plus Burst Mastery/HF then have either DoTE or BR.

in Warrior

Posted by: Choppy.4183

Choppy.4183

I think people are too hung up on GM vs Master labels, tbh. We get all trait levels when we choose a line now, so whether something’s a Master or Grandmaster makes no difference.

The issue is what the trait competes with, not the label. Presumably, ANet made the axe and hammer traitlines as GMs because they had to put them somewhere and they didn’t want them to compete with each other. For example, so Axe Mastery didn’t compete with Forceful Greatsword allowing someone to take both. For MH, they likely moved it to Discipline because they knew every hammer warrior would take it and Defense has been too crowded for a long time anyway. We have SO many weapons for warrior that the traits have to go somewhere.

Both the axe and hammer traits need work, but “moving it to master because it isn’t fair” isn’t a smart approach. The question is whether or not viable builds can be made that use the traits as and where they are. With the hammer trait, the answer is yes even though it’d be nice to be able to take Heightened Focus or Burst Mastery as well. With the axe trait, the answer is a clear no because there’s no scenario in which it’s better than taking Berserker’s Power..

The options for dealing with unusable traits are to either reshuffle the lines or buffing the traits (and leaving them where they are). The goal is to have to choose between traits of equal value.

I’m Biff Rangoon, and I approved this message.
Ehmry Bay | Omg Brb Icecream Truck (ICEE)

(edited by Choppy.4183)

in Warrior

Posted by: JTGuevara.9018

JTGuevara.9018

Absolutely correct. Traits as we know them are gone now that we have the new system. Besides, Brawler’s Recovery is really important for condition cleansing/survival.

in Warrior

Doon.2364

Absolutely correct. Traits as we know them are gone now that we have the new system. Besides, Brawler’s Recovery is really important for condition cleansing/survival.

In that case, just swap Merciless Hammer with Brawlers recovery. We both get what we want. I get Merciless Hammer with Burst Mastery, you still get Merciless Hammer with Brawler’s Recovery.

in Warrior

Posted by: Gandrogh.1530

Gandrogh.1530

Brawler’s recovery is not strong enough to be a Grand Master trait

/w Gandrogh Warlord
/w Gandrogh The Fallen
Vizunah’square

in Warrior

Posted by: Zenos Osgorma.2936

Zenos Osgorma.2936

In that case, just swap Merciless Hammer with Brawlers recovery. We both get what we want. I get Merciless Hammer with Burst Mastery, you still get Merciless Hammer with Brawler’s Recovery.

you’ll get both regardless if they swap or not..since you have to take the whole line.

in Warrior

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

A post about nerfed banners and hammers. /sigh
Considering I use both, this highlights two of my biggest frustrations. Banner cooldowns are unacceptable right now, and the trait doesn’t cover it. Range got nerfed.
I’ve never been a fan of Merciless Hammer, because it’s pretty dull as a hammer trait. Significant damage boost, for the one hammer swing you get before the enemy is back on its feet. Backbreaker needs a significantly longer stun duration to make the trait work, unless you’re traveling with a WvW/PvP squad of lockdown party members.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

in Warrior

Posted by: Assassin X.8573

Assassin X.8573

It’s fine where it is. Leave it alone. I usually run HF, but when I run hammer then I switch to HM. That’s just the price u pay to accomplish what you want to do.

Darkhaven Gold Tiger Assassin X [JPGN][Sold][VII]
Videos on Youtube

in Warrior

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

I always run hammer on warrior, and am completely fine with the current trait layout. full defense, tactics and discipline is very strong and I don’t mind having to make sacrifices in build crafting. I value short cooldown on hammer skills much more than burst mastery, as adrenaline is not hard to come by in the slightest and I feel merciless hammer outweighs the damage buff.

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

in Warrior

Posted by: Cortano.5419

Cortano.5419

Swap it with crack-shot… no one uses that anyway…

in Warrior

Posted by: Obindo.6802

Obindo.6802

Swap it with crack-shot… no one uses that anyway…

Warrior’s Sprint > Merciless hammer by a longshot anyways. Unless with arms and perma swift from there. Wich is unlikely

in Warrior

Posted by: Chaoslord.5439

Chaoslord.5439

I agree that the Axe & Hammer GM traits don’t live up to the expectation for that tier. Additionally, Axe warriors are punished as they have to choose between Berserker’s Power and Axe Mastery while every other weapon specific trait can be combined with this trait. Some flexibility within the trait line would be useful as well…like being able to take Adept or Master level traits in a higher tier, similar to the way the old system worked. This would allow slightly more customization within a given specialization.

in Warrior

Posted by: Khristophoros.7194

Khristophoros.7194

How about they just remove all the weapon traits and reduce the base cooldowns on the weapons? We shouldn’t have to go into a certain traitline to use a weapon.

in Warrior

Posted by: SaulWolfden.6178

SaulWolfden.6178

It’s like how Powerful Synergy simply cannot compete with Phalanx Strength or Vigorous Shouts, now if there were a Banner grandmaster trait there, all 3 would be perfectly balanced.

“Fear is only what you feel”

in Warrior

Posted by: Gamgee.8612

Gamgee.8612

Keep it where it is! I think warrior is better than it has been in a very long time!

N I M S – Warrior of Judge Legends[JDGE]

in Warrior

Posted by: SliceOfHam.2419

SliceOfHam.2419

Axe mastery trait should move down to master too. Having it compete with Berserker’s Power is just insane

This, the loss of banner cooldown reduction, and nerfing warhorn trait (use to convert a condi to a boon) really makes me not feel like playing the warrior much.

I enjoyed the support that warriors brought to the table (EA, PS, Banners, Shouts, Cleansing build) on top of versatility with build/weapon choice; not a 5 signet warrior that only uses a GS/rifle and buffs no one and can’t cure any conditions in a reasonable amount of time. These changes really made me lose interest and i haven’t been logged in for over a week. I was hoping to see at least the banner cooldown brought back, but guess not. Played other classes on and off, but warriors always did it for me. Been playing warrior since pre-launch x years ago. Good thing I haven’t pre-ordered expan yet and at this rate it isn’t looking very likely…
Maybe I’ll pick it up again for Super Adventure Box.

in Warrior

Posted by: Opynn.2936

Opynn.2936

I had hight hopes for this specialization patch and in many places they were fulfilled but in most places I’m let down . As a long hammer user I hate that i need to chose between Burst Mastery and Merciless Hammer, hell even Heightened Focus is nice for hammer. Why Merciless Hammer is Grandmaster while Forceful Greatsword is Master and is far better trait? Forceful Greatsword increas GS damage by 10% (always not for short time of cc) it reduces cooldowns by 20% ( same as for hammer but hey, hammer cd are longer) and it gives might on criticals and it also works on spear… . Its obvious that devs just didnt want warriors runing with Burst Mastery and Merciless Hammer but why they want warriros run with god-like-trait Froceful Greatsword with another god-like-trait Berserkers’s Power? Make Merciless Hammer to increase hammer damage by 10% always and another 10% when foe is stunned dazed etc. please so it can feel somewhat-smallgod-like or just move it.

Where is our banner cooldown reduction? Elite banner can’t compete with traited/untraited Rampage. You can pop Rampage and ress people and stomp someone. Oh wait we do have banner trait! It gives silly regen, so silly. And it compete with DoE and Brawler’s Recovery – good design. It its not like banners are so fun to use, you put it get some stats (boring), forget them and you just are just left with long cd and regret.
Please make banner appear in warrior’s hands with better, stronger skill to use or put the banner on warriors back or do both ( like you can weapon swap between banner) and give us trait that reduce cooldown you can just take away that silly regen or if you like it so much just merge it with cd reduction.

As for Powerful synergy. O! so Powerful. Much synergy! NOT. Move this trait to master so it can have synergy with Phalanax Strenght. Can you see it now? You get hit when you have fire aura= you get might and with Phalanax Strenght you allies also get might. Thats POWERFUL SYNERGY.

And there was a talk about making physical skills interesting, by making it stronger when you have full endurance, making it behave somewhat different, talk about making Mending being physical skill making it stonger not nefing it even more. I guess its under the table now with our banner cd, our fix to longbow burst so it will work with Berserker’s Fury.

Good that im gona try rev this weekend, he also use hammer, he gona look awesome with my Juggernaut.

Opyrr[GoT] Warrior

(edited by Opynn.2936)