More Diversity in Warrior Tanking

in Warrior

Posted by: Epic.3950

Epic.3950

as it stands right now. the warrior has 1 viable build, and 1 semi viable build for tanking. The shout tank:
Not much to be said here. Everyone knows it, everyone is bored of playing it, and honestly it doesn’t bring much to the table
The Banner tank:
Bringing one banner and 2 shouts along with the warbanner (a bit better when specced to it) This build is semi crappy since it overlaps regeneration from stronger sources and you still need to use soldier runes.

Can we please get some buffs to stances in the traitlines making them more viable than these two builds along with making the regen on the banner not a boon but a constant effect like signets? Back to the stances. Can they please give more effects than simple and frankly crappy unsynergyzing effects? Like endure pain procs retaliaton for the duration and heals per second, balanced stance cures a condition every 2-3 seconds while active, berserkers stance grants boon hate for duration and frenzy giving you might per hit until duration ends (upon ending all might stacked from the skill is stripped. This is so that you dont need the GS just to mightstack) I mean something. anything really. At the very least something better than kick would be nice for control too

(edited by Epic.3950)

in Warrior

Posted by: JJBigs.8456

JJBigs.8456

New Trait – Marine Soldier Training Grandmaster- You gain +25 Power, Vitality, Toughness and Healing Power for every enemy on the battlefield in 900 range. This heals the user fully when first used.

in Warrior

Posted by: Epic.3950

Epic.3950

I guess warrior tanking is dead since nobody seems to care about it its a real shame

in Warrior

Posted by: Brutalistik.6473

Brutalistik.6473

I guess warrior tanking is dead since nobody seems to care about it its a real shame

It’s not dead, but more like people are not interested in playing one / how it works.

Pineapples

in Warrior

Posted by: Seren.6850

Seren.6850

I still use shout heals with a fairly tanky build, but just have to accept a guardian can do it better, tanky warrior still does decent dps though

SoS original -“They mostly come out at night … mostly”
[FIRE] Serene Snow, Warrior

in Warrior

Posted by: Bearhugger.4326

Bearhugger.4326

I care and I think the balance is broken if a warrior that has put all her trait points in defense and support doesn’t even get close to a bunker guardian in survivability.

I play a mace/shield+longbow warrior with healing+toughness, and it’s pretty fun but to be honest I don’t think it’s very viable. Unless Arenanet fixes us we’re pretty much pigeonholed into DPS styles. We’re one-trick poneys right now.

But at least we get to tank with an actual shield. (LOL @ guardian shield skills.)

(edited by Bearhugger.4326)

in Warrior

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

It has no sustained healing. Therefore its horrible.

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

in Warrior

Posted by: Seren.6850

Seren.6850

we cant have a guardians survivability and double/triple their dps

SoS original -“They mostly come out at night … mostly”
[FIRE] Serene Snow, Warrior

in Warrior

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

We don’t have guardians survivability, and we also don’t have double or triple there dps.

Guardians out-dps us in pvp because most of there moves are ranged/completely mobile.

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

in Warrior

Posted by: Bearhugger.4326

Bearhugger.4326

Can’t have triple their DPS when actually traited and geared for defense/healing. But we also can’t get close to their defensive prowess no matter how hard we try.

THAT’s the problem. We have a defense and support trait line but they’re basically useless because the only thing that works with the warrior is the damage specs.