Most annoying foe!

Most annoying foe!

in Warrior

Posted by: pupi.2465

pupi.2465

Guys, in your opinion, whats the most annoying class you have trouble fighting?

Thieves? Necros? Guardians? Mesmers? another Warriors?

Name it!

For me, its the godkitten Thieves…

Whats yours?

Most annoying foe!

in Warrior

Posted by: Larynx.2453

Larynx.2453

Any variation of Mesmers, illusions, and stealth.

Go to a point and 1v1 the Mesmer. Cap the point after about 30 seconds. Die 5 minutes later with the Mesmer thinking he accomplished something.

Any other profession build, maybe with the exception of really unviable stealth-spam Thief builds like P/D, are perfectly reasonable to fight 1v1. Mesmers have so many escape tools that trying to actually kill them is a waste of time since a good one will never die.

You know what, stealth in general. No real counter-play to it. Completely invisible, isn’t broken on CC, isn’t broken on damage, most sources are difficult or impossible to prevent. On top of that, they’re not even that good in high level play besides something like D/P (which is hardly a stealth spam build).

A really, really good damage Guardian, as rare as they are, actually is a good counter to a lot of Warrior builds. I can’t say they’re annoying though, but definitely an interesting 1v1.

(edited by Larynx.2453)

Most annoying foe!

in Warrior

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

Thieves are never trouble for me in WvW unless they aren’t alone or jump on me when I’m already low hp. Otherwise, they’re usually easy to deal with.

As far as 1v1 is concerned, skilled mesmers certainly are the most deadly.

Most annoying foe!

in Warrior

Posted by: Elegie.3620

Elegie.3620

Hi,

I agree with Miku here. Mesmers would be the most troublesome opponent, especially if the opponent has mastered the art of lockdown / shatter, and thieves are rarely a problem, especially if I have a shield (block / stun / burst is a basic move working great here).

Anyway, I believe that anyone expert enough in a certain class / duellist build can easily crush me. Apart from mesmers, guardians and rangers have given me my most memorable defeats

Most annoying foe!

in Warrior

Posted by: katastrofei.4905

katastrofei.4905

A good d/p thief is not a problem for warriors?
That’s new

Most annoying foe!

in Warrior

Posted by: Arcades.4689

Arcades.4689

D/p, condi thieves and mesmers are the most annoying foes in the entire game.
Although when I was using a condi build in pvp necros were my worst nightmare. They could eat my condition for breakfast and chainfear me into oblivion.

Most annoying foe!

in Warrior

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

Asuran engis that run in circles dropping 1000000 aoes…Get out of them and youre knocked back and kited…get close and you melt in aoe’s. Engies with healing turrets and shields on them….They can simply stand there..literally and let the turrets do the work. MM necros,carried by their zoo. Bleh bleh..i can go on,basically all the cheapmodes out there you can think about,not restricted to one class.Im not even naming thieves,they mostly run the same cheap evade blind spamming build anyway.

Most annoying foe!

in Warrior

Posted by: killahmayne.9518

killahmayne.9518

The most annoying foes by far are Condi Mesmers and D/P or P/D Thieves.

Condi Mesmers just pretty much kite and spam clones while being very tanky at the same time.

D/P Thieves are extremely hard to hit because of their blinds, P/D thieves are really annoying because you can’t really catch a good one either.

Mace/Greatsword Video (Sept Patch)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoAjKtD6MLY

Most annoying foe!

in Warrior

Posted by: AsteriskCGY.5931

AsteriskCGY.5931

I should play my mesmer.

Was having problems with this spirit ranger last night, but could’ve also been that mesmer that would show up as well.

Most annoying foe!

in Warrior

Posted by: Kilo November.4268

Kilo November.4268

A good D/D ele. I know its me getting outplayed, but when they’re on and doing good they feel invincible. Can’t land a good burst, get them almost down and its water attunement instant heal time, on and on.

Brofist Maximus
[RISE]
Gate of Madness

Most annoying foe!

in Warrior

Posted by: Caliga Meshima.4768

Caliga Meshima.4768

Another warrior.

Most annoying foe!

in Warrior

Posted by: bigmonto.4215

bigmonto.4215

When I am a GS+hammer power build I hated Mesmer. it is a super confusing fight.

When I am a conditional bunker, I would say engineer for sure.

Most annoying foe!

in Warrior

Posted by: Zagerus.8675

Zagerus.8675

I’d have to say condi Engi, stealth Thieves if I don’t have Fear Me slotted, and more recently Burn Guardians if they place their burns well. Clone Mesmers can be an issue too if I don’t find something to LoS them on quickly.

Most annoying foe!

in Warrior

Posted by: BurrTheKing.8571

BurrTheKing.8571

Minion Masters.

I play Skullcracker which sustains itself by keeping your opponent from attacking you while you deal damage. A MM screws that up by having hardly any real damage themselves and just let their AI do all the work. Killing the AI screws you up as well because they make an AoE.

People call Warrior passive which must make MM brain-dead.

Just an angry old man…

Old Man Burr (War), Bad Hat Ben (Engi), Manly Manny Manson (Guard)

Most annoying foe!

in Warrior

Posted by: bigmonto.4215

bigmonto.4215

People call Warrior passive which must make MM brain-dead.

Lol, so true. If you look at the popular and effective builds for most professions, none are all that hard to play. Yeah sure most profession might need to press a few more button than warriors, but seriously button presses doesn’t equal skilled play.

Most annoying foe!

in Warrior

Posted by: Arkvan.3561

Arkvan.3561

-Mesmers of any kind
-D/D Elementalists with the sick burst/horrible shields
-Knockback Turret Engies
-any bunker spec/profession

And pretty much everything I have to chase down. Running after Mesmers is a pain, not to mention a decent one will wear you down and destroy you anyway.

Running after Elementalists… well, you can pretty much forget about it. Not to mention the heals.

Knockback Engis are annoying because they just keep on knocking you back over and over and over (which isn’t really painful, just endlessly annoying).

Bunker specs because I don’t particularly enjoy beating on the same target for minutes in a row. They’re boring and tedious fights.

No one hears you.

Most annoying foe!

in Warrior

Posted by: Silvia.9130

Silvia.9130

Warriors, rangers and most of all, those uber healer elementalists, with who it seems you are never going to finish a fight, you receive 0 damage from the ele and every bit of damage you deliver is healed right away -.- In such cases I simply head away stating “how boring!” for it truly is the most boring thing in game to try a 1v1 against that.

>>Lady Carlie Castle<
>>=<

Most annoying foe!

in Warrior

Posted by: Juba.8406

Juba.8406

mesmers and Sword thieves.

Most annoying foe!

in Warrior

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

-Mesmers of any kind
-Knockback Turret Engies

And pretty much everything I have to chase down. Running after Mesmers is a pain, not to mention a decent one will wear you down and destroy you anyway.

Running after Elementalists… well, you can pretty much forget about it. Not to mention the heals.

Knockback Engis are annoying because they just keep on knocking you back over and over and over (which isn’t really painful, just endlessly annoying).

Bunker specs because I don’t particularly enjoy beating on the same target for minutes in a row. They’re boring and tedious fights.

This post makes me feel awkward. Mesmers and necros are the SLOWEST classes with the least mobility in the game… so if they’re on the run it’s hilariously easy to beat them down.

Also, elementalists being too hard to catch… sorry but WHAT? Either equip a GS or a sword with warhorn and you’ll never feel that way again. They have no practical movement skills other than RTL and lightning flash and those both have pretty long cooldowns. Aside from those two, all they can do is try to barrage you with movement impairing conditions which are certainly easy to deal with.

It’s kind of odd to see someone complaining about not being able to catch someone with a warrior… o_O

Most annoying foe!

in Warrior

Posted by: Simon.3794

Simon.3794

a dual sword condi war.

Most annoying foe!

in Warrior

Posted by: Arkvan.3561

Arkvan.3561

-Mesmers of any kind
-Knockback Turret Engies

This post makes me feel awkward. Mesmers and necros are the SLOWEST classes with the least mobility in the game… so if they’re on the run it’s hilariously easy to beat them down.

Also, elementalists being too hard to catch… sorry but WHAT? Either equip a GS or a sword with warhorn and you’ll never feel that way again. They have no practical movement skills other than RTL and lightning flash and those both have pretty long cooldowns. Aside from those two, all they can do is try to barrage you with movement impairing conditions which are certainly easy to deal with.

It’s kind of odd to see someone complaining about not being able to catch someone with a warrior… o_O

I’m running a 2/0/6/0/6 Hammer/Longbow Signet build (Healing Signet, Signet of Stamina, Dolyak Signet, Berserker Stance, Signet of Rage). Earthshaker is a closer/stun. Think that’s about all in my build. Course, I’ve been tempted to drop the longbow in favour for a horn but wasn’t sure it’ll work out – and yeah I do often feel too slow when trying to catch up to Mesmers or Elementalists – perhaps I’m just tired of being kited. I’ll give the sword/horn a try!

No one hears you.

Most annoying foe!

in Warrior

Posted by: Cygnus.6903

Cygnus.6903

Conditions.

Engineer most of all really.

I only state my opinion unless stated otherwise.
Hulk Roaming Montages/Build Vids
I always rage but never quit.

Most annoying foe!

in Warrior

Posted by: Obindo.6802

Obindo.6802

Mesmer, sometimes necro, engi and thieves they so annoying

Most annoying foe!

in Warrior

Posted by: AsteriskCGY.5931

AsteriskCGY.5931

Been having a hard time dealing with condition builds.