Most needed warrior build in pve (dung) ?

in Warrior

Posted by: Toyjoy.2403

Toyjoy.2403

What is the most popular warrior function in dung ? Players mostly hope to find a buffer, tanker, damage ? Post your thoughts and, if possible, builds.

in Warrior

Posted by: kyokara.1867

kyokara.1867

The most popular warrior function in dung….taking a shower maybe??

Other players (who don’t play warriors) usually expect a tank. Ranged support would be a more realistic expectation.

80 Warrior
2 Mesmer (sPvP only)

in Warrior

Posted by: PanH.1957

PanH.1957

Well, tank is unfeasible as a warrior, you need to be Guardian to tank, and even, I don’t think it’s possible as compared to other Mmos.
So, what you can do is damage or support. Lots of people are focusing on glass cannon, because they like big numbers, so my advice is doing support. I think it’s more useful and rewarding.

in Warrior

Posted by: Palinois.1064

Palinois.1064

I built myself as a tank(toughness,vitality and all that good stuff) and even with 5 regens I still cant take a ton of hits but I’ve outlasted most of the guardians I’ve run with. Other than tanking I have “FGJ” on autocast and I put my banners out. Atm I have banner regen trait but if another class I’m with has regens i can switch it out for shouts heal since i have “FGJ” and “SIO” whenever I get 2 or more conditions.

in Warrior

Posted by: Red Falcon.8257

Red Falcon.8257

I’m a beast in dungeons.
Using GS or Axe to deal DPS (depending on the fight) while using dodge/EP/DP/Sblock to not die.
I switch to hammer+mace/mace and signet of fury+zerk stance when I get those fights with tons of trash where people usually die, spamming CC all the way, that’s unless there’s a Guardian in the team who knows how to lockdown trash.
I also switch to Longbow in those fights where anti-melee is so prominent that you’re better off from range.

My set is Pow/Prec/Tou on armor and weapon, Pow/Prec/CritDmg from jewels (you can stack up to 36% total critdmg from jewels!).

Build: http://www.gw2db.com/skills/calc/warrior#7|0|11|65|919|45|1890|10|836|0|0|20|1975|1846|0|30|1541|1535|1491|0|0|0|0|10|1545|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|

Never had any issue in any dungeon, I deal tremendous damage and don’t die while also giving Fury/Might and Battle Standard, also stacking Vuln on enemies and getting 25 stacks of might regularly.

This is what a Warrior should do imo, tearing things apart while avoiding damage through timed stances, dodges, evades, mobility.

in Warrior

Posted by: Graywolf.6513

Graywolf.6513

I run mace/shield and longbow, bow is for damage and fighting bosses i can’t reliable stand up to in melee. Mace/shield allow me to dominate a single enemy and combined with direct control utilities(kick, bulls charge, stomp) i can tear defiant stacks from bosses for crucial 2 second stuns, often interrupting OHKO moves which could be landed on the rest of the party. Switch to double axe for fights which require object destruction (like graveling burrows)

Basicly, you show me a non-defiant mob and i’ll make sure its never noticed again, show me a defiant mob and i’ll rip its stacks off of it so fast its left open for all kinds of interrupts. Thieves with daze spam are also really good at this one.

I can block hits for allies by directly standing between enemy and friend and shield blocking, i last longer then others, have massive toughness and increased toughness when reviving allies, which i can do faster then others. With longbow and stomp i can also combo off of other fields and create my own fire field, bringing really dynamic support to the team rather then the static FGJ spam(which is effective, but im not shout focused) and can be used in fire for might, water for healing, smoke for stealth, and so on.

I have really enjoyed my dungeon experiences so far, i might not be able to drop enemies in seconds, but the gameplay style of timing blocks, chaining disables and dynamic support through leaps and blasts is am amazing feeling in gameplay.

I have fiddled with the idea for a hammer, but i get kinda blunt without a ranged alternative in boss fights, mace/mace could be useful also but the block is great for surviving and can be used to tank hits for allies, like blocking a volley of arrows, and if you take the trait that grants might on block, you’re laughing at a flurry.

in Warrior

Posted by: Recently.1043

Recently.1043

Guardians are better tanks, but you can still be a tank. You will have to kite occasionally though, get used to dodging skills as well. This isn’t your typically mmo, where you stand still press taunt, and sit back mashing aggro skills while someone else heals you. Dodging is the best form of mitigation in this game, and alot of mobs be it trash or bosses in the dungeons have wind-up power attacks that you can negate completely with a well timed dodge.

I run a tanky healing shouts build always for dungeons, its by far the most useful build imo. For great justice, shake it off, and fear me for cc (instead of on my mark). You can go banners also, but i don’t like how they are immobile; alot of fights you want to be moving/kiting, and your ranged will all be spread out as well.

Call me when this game gets fixed…. if it ever does….

in Warrior

Graywolf.6513

Im guessing guardian tank is more to do with protection uptime and self regen, because from what i can see Warriors are the better controllers while Guardians are slightly better sponges, also the guardian method of protection is much ‘easier’ then warrior, bubble allies > stand infront of enemy with shield up.

So i would say Warriors can be offensive tanks, and Guardians defensive ones as Warriors primarily mitigate damage through stuns and knock backs while Guardians do healing and protection. Guardian > Warrior on defiant fights in terms of surviving, but Warrior > Guardian against enemies they can kick around, which honestly seems fair enough.

I came to this class after getting bored with Engineer, I always intended to play Warrior but engineer was surprisingly stale after the hilarity of its mechanics wore off. Warriors have it pretty good imo, buff radius is decent, summonable banners give varied and useful effects, masters of hard control, able to heal surprisingly effectively as well as mix it up in melee with the best of them

in Warrior

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

When I started dungeons I went mace/shield + hammer + cc utilities because stuff seemed to hit so hard and everyone sucked.
Now I just roll with greatsword + axe/shield with FGJ, OMM, SIO and elite banner.

Someone has to do damage when more and more people are going defensive…

in Warrior

Graywolf.6513

Not letting me quote but Wethospu, thank you. Thats what i seem to read myself saying every time i come onto these forums xD

in Warrior

Posted by: Acme Tux Serum Six.8520

Acme Tux Serum Six.8520

Well, tank is unfeasible as a warrior, you need to be Guardian to tank

It is very feasible, and no you don’t “need a Guardian.” Build with survival in mind and you can tank champions in your sleep.

in Warrior

PanH.1957

What I mean by “tank” is the usual acceptation of the terms, which means, meatbag that takes hits instead of his teammates. If you really want to do that, go ahead. But you need mitigating, dodging, kiting, etc, which is what I mean.
Have you “tanked” a boss in a dungeon ?

in Warrior

Acme Tux Serum Six.8520

Yes.

Hammer/Any 1-Hander At All/Shield
10/0/30/30/0
Healing Signet, For Great Justice, Shake It Off, On My Mark, Signet of Rage

Not difficult. At all.

in Warrior

Posted by: Lumines.3916

Lumines.3916

Whatever you do, just don’t be a 5 Signet Warrior who has Greatsword equipped in both sets and decked in Full Berserkers.

in Warrior

Posted by: ThunderStorm.3140

ThunderStorm.3140

Beiju and Miaoyu on Blacktide server, standing outside Meddler’s Waypoint in Cursed Shore are BOTS!!! We have reported them several times and nothing has been done. They stand in their exact same spots always and then jump to any mobs that approach. They are ruining the events that happen there every 15 to 20 minutes. Please have GMs in game to deal with these things and STOP the horrible “Diminishing Returns” that just punishes honest players like myself who like to spend hours playing and farming. All I am getting now are stupid porous bones all the time, wtf???

in Warrior

PanH.1957

@Excretus : So you take all the hits from the boss/mobs for the whole duration of the fight ? I wanna see that.
What are you stats ? What runes, what sigil, etc ?

@ThunderStrom : Wrong thread.

in Warrior

Posted by: seithan.4823

seithan.4823

but signets are also good albeit “selfish”. Power signet → more damage, Dodge signet → higher dodge refill, and finally mitigating signet. Its good when you go pure dps, be it dots or direct damage.

Ive used flags with my dps gear/traits, untraited though, and the only flag i really like which is in fact a hasle is the compassion shield that action#2 heals+regen.

Latelly with everybody on exotics or semi-exotics, being a pure-selfish warrior doesnt really affect the team.

Rig#1: i2500k@4Ghz/ 8GB Ram @ 1600/ Asus GTX580 CU
Rig#2: Core2duo@3Ghz/ 4GB DDR2/ 9800gtx+

in Warrior

Acme Tux Serum Six.8520

I’m not going to continue discussing this with someone who is being intentionally obdurate for the sake of “being right” in the most liberal definition of the term.

in Warrior

PanH.1957

The fact is I tried to make a warrior “tanky”, and it didn’t worked well. If you manage to do that, I’m interested. And if you think i’m being “obdurate”, then explain more precisely what you’re doing. Are you tanking in the “old way” or more kiting, etc ? That was a question, but if you feel it like an offense …..

in Warrior

Posted by: Strife.4956

Strife.4956

I run a support shout based build with condition damage., very similar to Yojacks build in the warrior forums.
Sword/Warhorn & Rifle are my weapon set
My shouts AoE heal and remove a condition each time as well as buffing our party, my warhorn skills, change conditions into boons on our party members aswell as granting boons originally.
Great fun build, Perma Swiftness, Fury/Might

GrimmWullf – 80 Warrior, DU
Arkktos – 80 Thief, DU
Down Under Guild – Stormbluff Isle

in Warrior

Posted by: nakoda.4213

nakoda.4213

The build I am working with right now is a Tactics/Strength build for banners and bows. The premise is to be a combat medic in large scale combat wherein my banners stack regen for the crowd, and I have power/toughness for dps and revivals.

it’s been fun for the last 5 levels, but i am only 65 currently (which is nice because now I am in to 3stat gear).

Boundaries are for the effortless.
Benn E Violence :: 0/20/30/20/0
You kittens don’t even know what the prefix “meta” means.

in Warrior

Posted by: Balthamel.2867

Balthamel.2867

I’m a beast in dungeons.
Using GS or Axe to deal DPS (depending on the fight) while using dodge/EP/DP/Sblock to not die.
I switch to hammer+mace/mace and signet of fury+zerk stance when I get those fights with tons of trash where people usually die, spamming CC all the way, that’s unless there’s a Guardian in the team who knows how to lockdown trash.
I also switch to Longbow in those fights where anti-melee is so prominent that you’re better off from range.

My set is Pow/Prec/Tou on armor and weapon, Pow/Prec/CritDmg from jewels (you can stack up to 36% total critdmg from jewels!).

Build: http://www.gw2db.com/skills/calc/warrior#7|0|11|65|919|45|1890|10|836|0|0|20|1975|1846|0|30|1541|1535|1491|0|0|0|0|10|1545|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|

Never had any issue in any dungeon, I deal tremendous damage and don’t die while also giving Fury/Might and Battle Standard, also stacking Vuln on enemies and getting 25 stacks of might regularly.

This is what a Warrior should do imo, tearing things apart while avoiding damage through timed stances, dodges, evades, mobility.

Hey mate, just wondering how u do it? I’m using GS and axe/shield but, struggle to keep up with vun stacks and might. Any particular rotation and tips u can help me out with. Thanks heaps

in Warrior

Posted by: Bladedragon.3465

Bladedragon.3465

The fact is I tried to make a warrior “tanky”, and it didn’t worked well. If you manage to do that, I’m interested. And if you think i’m being “obdurate”, then explain more precisely what you’re doing. Are you tanking in the “old way” or more kiting, etc ? That was a question, but if you feel it like an offense …..

http://www.guildhead.com/skill-calc#ccRkckm9MoRaNmMRavm0GGx0cRzsoRb, perma fury complete ta armor with superior runes of undead to help me with my dps and full set of berserk pendant, rings and amulet.
Tank in AC, spider, thief, the breeder event and last boss with no problem tho u still need to dodge some attacks but nothing difficult.
TA up path spider boss really easy ikittennow when to dodge the poison, and 3rd boss in ff path.
COF 1 path everything ho a hard place u can keep up with almost every boss group will have 2 pop an regen or 2 to help up on some parts, path 2 only have 1 boss that u can tank and he is easy and path 3 last boss is a kite.

Just keep cycling ur shouts and pop ur shield often to help on the shout cd while u mitigate some of the damage. I also have a full cof set with ogre runes and a gs so i tend to swap gear for dps intensive fight and 2 swords when the fight don’t require me 2 use the shield. i keep the bow often for kite some fights with heavy knockdown.

in Warrior

Posted by: kandolo.2574

kandolo.2574

I use hammer and longbow in a full tactics and discipline setup. I focus on offensive support. Banner of tactics and two shouts. Works best in close quarters or melee heavy groups. You’ll often hear “whomever is stacking all that might I love you” or “the dps in this group is great.” You also bring a lot of AoE damage and control, which is great for “protect the npc” bosses.

in Warrior

Posted by: Gab Superstar.4059

Gab Superstar.4059

It’s funny seeing all the people hating on signets + GS

I deal about 50% of the damage in most of my groups. I always have 15-25 stacks of might up. Hundred blades hit for 25-30k with a 6½sec recharge (almost always hitting 3 enemies of course, so triple that amount). Using some lame shout build that heals for pitiful amounts is good for learning dungeons I guess, but once you get used to the tempo you can start favor damage over defense.

Not in full exotics yet btw, and certainly not in full berserkers

Very Good Detectives [VGD]
Devonas Rest 4 lyfe

in Warrior

Posted by: Balthamel.2867

Balthamel.2867

Actually I was wondering myself when using GS axe/axe and signets if u could swap out the crit damage for toughness? Not as much dps but, would u take hits a lot better and be more desirable in dungeons?

Edit: Cause atm apart from gs axe/axe, which I enjoyed, I am totally lost on what to use for dungeons. Atm I’m kind of using axe/axe and trying different 2nd weapons but, can’t seem to find anything to back it up nicely

in Warrior

Posted by: pLikT.9761

pLikT.9761

I absolutely love my 0/0/30/30/10 healing shout/hammer build. http://goo.gl/wf144 (gw2db skill calc). I use a mixture of cleric and soldier gear.

You can pre-build adrenaline with shouts and start off with earthshaker. When melee mobs get too close, use staggering blow to knock them back, then snare/immobilize them with hammer shock. If there are still a lot of mobs left, wait until they get in range and use fear me for 3 seconds of breathing room. You can control stragglers with backbreaker and fierce blow. By then, a lot of your cooldowns are up, so you can restart the earthshaker/staggering blow/hammer shock combo. The entire time, you’re using your other shouts to heal, manage conditions, and keep your adrenaline up.

I’m still experimenting with my secondary weapon, but I’m leaning towards axe/shield. There are times where you don’t need all of this aoe crowd control, and the axe provides a nice ranged snare on a short cooldown, decent auto-attack dps, a leap finisher and a vulnerability debuff. Using your shield to leap through a combo field then immediately shield block is nice too.