My Attempt at GS/Shout Regen, viable?

in Warrior

Posted by: Dondarrion.5041

Dondarrion.5041

Q:

Hi all-
Title says it all. I am hooked on the look and feel of the GS, but want to incorporate some survivability in the form of shouts/adrenaline regen.

I am focused mostly on WvWvW and farming.

Thoughts?

http://www.gw2db.com/skills/calc/warrior#7|0|60|65|919|915|246|0|0|0|0|25|1525|1846|0|15|1895|0|0|30|1057|1510|1056|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|

(edited by Dondarrion.5041)

in Warrior

Dondarrion.5041

Edited to include live link

in Warrior

Dondarrion.5041

Nothing? 15chars/

in Warrior

Posted by: Defektive.7283

Defektive.7283

I like the concept idea. But im on a tablet at work. Will comment more later.

tPvP Warrior
http://www.twitch.tv/defektive
Team Blacklisted [Envy]

in Warrior

Posted by: Kanashi.5104

Kanashi.5104

It could work but why keep frenzy when you need the shouts for heals. I would replace that with “On My Mark.”

Kanashi * Iorianne * Aliza
Twitch.tv/kanashi | KanashiGD.com

in Warrior

Posted by: Defektive.7283

Defektive.7283

Frenzy is essential for warriors unfortunately.

I like the concept, the problem being you need stability in competitive pvp, so there goes one utility.

And you need frenzy so there goes a second.

So now it comes down to, do you trait really hard only for one shout.

Frenzy COULD be swapped out, but you’d need solid teammates setting up immobolizes in order to get off good combos.

tPvP Warrior
http://www.twitch.tv/defektive
Team Blacklisted [Envy]

in Warrior

Dondarrion.5041

Frenzy is essential for warriors unfortunately.

I like the concept, the problem being you need stability in competitive pvp, so there goes one utility.

And you need frenzy so there goes a second.

So now it comes down to, do you trait really hard only for one shout.

Frenzy COULD be swapped out, but you’d need solid teammates setting up immobolizes in order to get off good combos.

Thanks Defektive! I completely agree (with both of you), to frenzy, or not to frenzy.

I’ve enjoyed your guides, btw.

in Warrior

Kanashi.5104

I personally don’t use frenzy and have no problems. It is not required but it can definitely increase dps.

in Warrior

Posted by: Psybunny.8906

Psybunny.8906

Frenzy isn’t needed in wvwvw, I’d replace that with On my mark. Get zerker gear/weapon/amulet and beryl/emerald rings/earrings and scholar runes for example for some power that you’re lacking. Should totally work in theory imo.

in Warrior

Posted by: andreasels.3918

andreasels.3918

That’s basicly what I am running when I am on Greatsword, just with On my Mark instead of Frenzy and II in the Defense line instead of I.

I really like this Trait assignment of 0/25/15/30/0 (first published by Yojack I guess), since it offers a lot of defense combined with decent offense and you can use it with many weapon sets with just changing the Major Traits.

I usually run it with Sword/Warhorn (like Yojacks original build), Axe/Warhorn or like you do with Greatsword.
You also can trait a bit towards either longbow or rifle in 2nd Weaponset, if you wish so.

I tried many different specs and imo this setup is the best for general PvE/WvW, since no respec needed and it offers pretty much everything you desire.

in Warrior

Posted by: Dracula.1709

Dracula.1709

I found Frenzy to be very counter-productive in most builds. It works only with spiking. If you’re with a team that sets you up well to spike than sure Frenzy will seem king. If you have to survive by your own grit I find it useless and really dangerous. I have fought other warriors that I could tell were counting on their Frenzy->Bulls Charge->HO to take me out and when I countered it they were done. Sometimes even seemingly shocked.

in Warrior

Dondarrion.5041

Thanks for all of the comments, vI appriciate your feedback.

How would you guys gear? I currently run this in clerics, but wanted to elicit some other thoughts before dropping 8+ gold on another set!

in Warrior

Kanashi.5104

Power & Crit with a side of toughness. You should get a decent amount of HP because of the tactics trait line. Getting more power and crit would be the way to go and attempting to getting as close to 3k armor is a good goal.