My Condition Warrior(PVE)

in Warrior

Posted by: brucemacho.4823

brucemacho.4823

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fJAQNAscUjMd0FabIWewJagfgCbQ0C2CgzVQKc9A-TRSAABYcCAo4QAE9DAQMlfAcEACV9ne2fgQ9BtpEEA-e

My intention is to cause as much bleeding as possible. I chose Rabid because has a lot of condition damage, has toughness for sustain and precision to activate sigils.

Runes: Focus in condition damage and bleeding duration.

Sigils (Swords): I think stacking might is a nice opportunity to increase the condition damage more 6% current condition damage.

I reached almost 4k in bleeding damage.

I’m doing something wrong? What can I improve?

in Warrior

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

You traited in defense, you aren’t using longbow, and you’re using weird utilities that don’t benefit condition builds at all… frenzy..? :S

I really hope you aren’t using this in groups, because a lot and I mean a lot of people are going to give you a hard time over it. Generally speaking, condition damage is a very bad choice to aim for when in a group setting because even non-cond builds are able to apply conditions and you will lose a significant portion of your DPS even should you choose appropriate gear/traits/utils.

However in solo play, condition builds are capable of dealing pretty close DPS to that of a berserker warrior. To see how, check out this:

http://www.dtguilds.com/forum/m/6563292/viewthread/12956045-ebola-warrior-pve-dps-condition-damage-build-for-solo-play

You will have to follow that guide religiously in order to benefit the most out of condition damage in PvE.

in Warrior

Posted by: maha.7902

maha.7902

you should be able to reach ~4.8k dmg bleeds with that build too

Serah Mahariel – Death and Taxes

in Warrior

brucemacho.4823

You traited in defense, you aren’t using longbow, and you’re using weird utilities that don’t benefit condition builds at all… frenzy..? :S

I really hope you aren’t using this in groups, because a lot and I mean a lot of people are going to give you a hard time over it. Generally speaking, condition damage is a very bad choice to aim for when in a group setting because even non-cond builds are able to apply conditions and you will lose a significant portion of your DPS even should you choose appropriate gear/traits/utils.

However in solo play, condition builds are capable of dealing pretty close DPS to that of a berserker warrior. To see how, check out this:

http://www.dtguilds.com/forum/m/6563292/viewthread/12956045-ebola-warrior-pve-dps-condition-damage-build-for-solo-play

You will have to follow that guide religiously in order to benefit the most out of condition damage in PvE.

Thank you for your answer Purple Miku!
I am religiously following the build you gave me and I saw that I’m giving more damage but i’m trying to figure out if this builds is useful in dungeons/fractals once my friends don’t build condition damage.

Zerk Warrior is muche better to build?

in Warrior

Purple Miku.7032

No problem, glad to have helped.

To answer your question, yeah berserker is much more useful on a warrior. The general consensus is that condition builds are king in PvP for this game but when it comes to PvE, direct damage is. The main reason for this is because there is a maximum amount of conditions that a person or mob is capable of being dealt and it limits conditions being applied from everyone.

Let’s say you’re in a hypothetical party with 2 other berserker warriors and they’re making use of the Arms 1 minor trait that has a 33% chance to apply a 4s bleed on crit. The maximum stacks of bleed a boss can have is 25, so if you were to be fighting with them you wouldn’t be able to apply all 25 of those stacks yourself, which really hinders the individual DPS of yours and therefore your contribution. There isn’t a limit with how much direct damage you’re able to deal, so this issue doesn’t exist.

Hopefully that’ll make sense to you and convince you why you should be looking for a different option in group play, but I want to make sure you understand that condition warriors are actually pretty good if you want to solo content.

in Warrior

maha.7902

Mind you, a well played condition warrior soloing arah will still dump on an average-ly played berserker warrior. It’s when both are played to a decent level that it goes zerkburger > condi

in Warrior

Purple Miku.7032

I agree with you and that will be the case in most situations.

(edited by Purple Miku.7032)

in Warrior

brucemacho.4823

Guys, thank you again for the answers!

The thing is I love Playing as Condition Warrior, when I became 80 I started the condition build and was always looking to improve it, in PVP after being destroyed several times by a Necro I asked him why I am so useless and he helped me to improve my build, so I stopped playing in January of this year and I returned this month, I changed some things and posted here to get some ideas.

Purple Miku, what you said always bothered me and I’m trying to figure out the best way to build Condition but now I will leave to PVP. I really feel the lack of damage.

Now I am following your guide (Purple Miku) that I found here and a video from Nike! talking about DPS Warrior, now i am learning a lot of GW2 mechanics.

If you have some guide please post for me! Thank you!

in Warrior

maha.7902

in Warrior

brucemacho.4823

Awesome videos Maha! ahahahaha

Let me rephrase my sentence: I really feel the lack of damage WHEN I play in groups.
I liked so much these videos!