My "Oddball Hybrid" Warrior & Improvements?

in Warrior

Posted by: Talonblaze.3175

Talonblaze.3175

So I’m rolling a Charr warrior and I’m currently loving her. However, looking at the builds around here, she seems to be quite the oddball in terms of build.

Her traits are as follows;
Strength – 0
Arms – 20 (I and VII)
Defense – 30 (II, V and XI)
Tactics – 0
Discipline – 20 (V and VII)

Her weapons are;
Rifle w/ Beserker and Sigil of Generosity
Sword w/ Sigil of Strength (soon to have Beserker stats as well possibly if not changed)
—>> Paired with a Shield w/ Sigil of Bloodlust

Armor is Beserker’s without any notable sigil sets yet.
Skill wise I also run the full Signet collection.

I’m mostly pve but I have used her a fair bit in WvW and PVP as well (obv different sigils but won’t get into that.)

Now, I’m rather curious what I can do to improve her. I’ve noticed she seems to me to have (at least in my opinion) a moderate damage output and a good survivability compared to most others I’ve seen. Given I mostly stay ranged and on the move I want to focus on that. I mostly use my sword/shield as a defensive measure or when taking out large groups.
However finding ways to boost either my survivability and/or power without damaging my build too much hopefully would be ideal. Given I like the hybrid ability of being a fairly decent damager and can take more than a couple of hits is something I do like.

Given her high crit chance and damage my sigil with my rifle and sword proc fairly often so I’m usually condition free (and if not, I got my Signet to clear any remaining) and when up close gaining that nice power boost.

However in terms of armor runes I don’t really know where to turn, my first ideal was to go for Eagle runes for that extra edge in crit damage but I’m unsure if it is really needed. I’ve seen a fair good number of rune sets that have been good on warriors but I don’t know how viable they would be on my own. essentially I want to do what I do, just better.

Also, given that the Vengance trait has been severely nerfed with the mob update (given it had issues with already being severely broken), I’ve been pondering about reducing that tree by 5 points to put it somewhere else that might be more useful since the other traits in place seem a bit iffy.

What are your thoughts in this regard? Is it good? Terrible? Ideas to improve on it? Any suggestions on armor runes will be greatly appreciated as well.

Duty is heavier than death.

in Warrior

Posted by: Rednik.3809

Rednik.3809

I suggest you to drop Defense line completely, since you running bers glasscannon anyway, and best defense for you is stay in range. Take more Arms and Strength traits, maximize your rifle damage, always be in second line. Here is rifle-focused berserk build:
http://gw2buildcraft.com/calculator/warrior/?8.0|c.1c.h4.e.1c.h1j|4.1g.h1a|1g.7h.1g.7h.1g.7h.1g.7h.1g.7h.1g.7h|4s.0.1g.67.1g.67.1g.67.1g.67.2s.0|f5.p17.0.a1.k56|39.1|5y.6d.6e.6f.6m|e
But i must warn you, warrior bers builds in WvW are mostly for fun. If you have plans to improve, use bers-greatsword build to farm CoF (just switch rifle trait in Arms to greatsword one), buy Knight or PVT gear and begin try heavy-armored melee builds with Defense traits.

Kiijna, Xast, Satis Ironwail, Sekhaina, Shira Forgesparkle, Sfeno, Nasibi, Tegeira, Rhonwe…
25 charracters

in Warrior

Posted by: zerotwo.4731

zerotwo.4731

At lvl 80 there are better options then signets. The shouts and stances are better you just have to figure out which ones suit your play style best. Healing surge for instance grants alot more healing then the signet. FGJ and OMM shouts are fantastic insti-casts to buff you. I still use sig of rage for more crit chance and might but it is easily swapped out for the banner when its needed. Ifyour rolling the 40+ for each unused sig you can still get good return running only 2-3 sigs.