My first forum post to all you Warriors

in Warrior

Posted by: Feral.3609

Feral.3609

I wanted to share some of my experiences with warriors if could help anyone and maybe bring a bit of positivity to this section of the forums.

My main in most MMORPG’s has always been “Paladin” like characters – Heavy armor, team support, being the first one in combat holding aggro, etc; in the absence of that I’d play warrior-like professions.

Although my main and character of choice in this game is Guardian, I used to enjoy playing my warrior as well due to its heavy armor and aggressive-feeling, melee, combat style; it definitely took a lot of practice for me to get good with my warrior (highly telegraphed moves, crucial timing required on skill use, picking when to burst, chaining attacks that are difficult to land on moving targets, as a couple examples – all back when warriors were considered underpowered in sPvP and some issues which still exist today).

After the patches that allowed warriors to compete with other professions on a competitive level came in, almost every other person I beat insulted me, chalked off the win to an OP profession, blamed Anet, or commented how easy it is to beat every other class.

Unfortunately, this ruined the way that I experienced and enjoyed the game and pushed me to stop playing my warrior for several months. I was ‘hoping’ that Anet would seriously nerf the warrior last patch – not because it was needed in my opinion – but so that I could play my warrior without being degraded constantly.

I realize that’s not what I should hope for, but instead that all the people who cry on these forums or to you in game, don’t affect your enjoyment of this profession or any other. I believe that you guys are just as skilled and worthy of recognition for good battles as any other profession. I also have a great deal of respect for all of you who still carry on with your warrior mains despite all the negativity. Keep it up guys/girls!

- Your friendly neighbourhood Guardian. (Excuse any grammatical errors)

in Warrior

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

So you want a class to be nerfed into the ground just because you don’t enjoy playing it in its competitive state.
Makes perfect sense.
“Ruin the game for everybody else because i’m not having fun please”.

What about the ones who enjoy the class for what it is?

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

in Warrior

Posted by: Carpboy.7145

Carpboy.7145

So you want a class to be nerfed into the ground just because you don’t enjoy playing it in its competitive state.
Makes perfect sense.

I think you should reread…..hes saying he wishes everyone didnt think warriors OP so he could play warr and not get yelled at for playing an OP class

The Use of the Word ‘Cheese’
Lyss The Shadow
Legendary Champion of DB [EDGE]

in Warrior

Posted by: Feral.3609

Feral.3609

Makes perfect sense.

I think you should reread…..hes saying he wishes everyone didnt think warriors OP so he could play warr and not get yelled at for playing an OP class

Thanks for clarifying that, I was just about to respond to it. xD

in Warrior

Posted by: Chrisco.5732

Chrisco.5732

People will come up with excuses no matter how you beat them. That’s just the way pvp is. Whatever prof you play people will complain about some aspect of the class being op in some way. Best bet is to just ignore it and keep killing them =p

in Warrior

Posted by: killahmayne.9518

killahmayne.9518

I wanted to share some of my experiences with warriors if could help anyone and maybe bring a bit of positivity to this section of the forums.

My main in most MMORPG’s has always been “Paladin” like characters – Heavy armor, team support, being the first one in combat holding aggro, etc; in the absence of that I’d play warrior-like professions.

Although my main and character of choice in this game is Guardian, I used to enjoy playing my warrior as well due to its heavy armor and aggressive-feeling, melee, combat style; it definitely took a lot of practice for me to get good with my warrior (highly telegraphed moves, crucial timing required on skill use, picking when to burst, chaining attacks that are difficult to land on moving targets, as a couple examples – all back when warriors were considered underpowered in sPvP and some issues which still exist today).

After the patches that allowed warriors to compete with other professions on a competitive level came in, almost every other person I beat insulted me, chalked off the win to an OP profession, blamed Anet, or commented how easy it is to beat every other class.

Unfortunately, this ruined the way that I experienced and enjoyed the game and pushed me to stop playing my warrior for several months. I was ‘hoping’ that Anet would seriously nerf the warrior last patch – not because it was needed in my opinion – but so that I could play my warrior without being degraded constantly.

I realize that’s not what I should hope for, but instead that all the people who cry on these forums or to you in game, don’t affect your enjoyment of this profession or any other. I believe that you guys are just as skilled and worthy of recognition for good battles as any other profession. I also have a great deal of respect for all of you who still carry on with your warrior mains despite all the negativity. Keep it up guys/girls!

I know exactly how you feel. Many people such as myself have played warrior since launch, back when the Warrior was in a state of desperation and needed buffs to be competitive with other classes. But I will always continue to play warrior as a main no matter what people say. It is best to ignore them.

I tried not to use that as an excuse for losing against other classes; so that I could actually improve and get better. So that when warriors were buffed in the near future I could at least be a very decent competitive player. I remember never being able to beat a D/D ele, wondering how a class with the lowest base stats can out tank a class with the highest, while having massive regen and incombat mobility. Or wondering why Guardians were pretty much Warriors except with ridiculous amounts of healing and boon generation. Or why I couldn’t hold a candle to a necro in melee. And mesmers, well, you already know how I feel about them.

But then when we started getting buffs, people start being panzies about “oh, you play an OP class, that’s why I lost” and “oh, you are a warrior no wonder I lost” and the even more degrading “play a warrior and faceroll yourself into victory it’s so simple of a class”. And the best one “Warriors are so favoured by ArenaNet they never received any nerfs”. If that was the case we wouldn’t have been the worst class outside of PvE for a good year. Of course when you are an underpowered class you aren’t going to receive as many nerfs as you do buffs. And BTW, Warriors have had some notable nerfs. Anybody remember Berserker’s Power and Heightened Focus? Moving BP to the grandmaster tree pretty much made the Strength tree alot less viable besides the inherent power and condition duration it gave.

I cease to understand people’s logic for things sometimes. People are so concerned about other classes and where they are at but fail to look at their own class, or perhaps maybe their own skill level. Instead of asking for nonsensical nerfs across the table for warriors, promote buffs for your own class. I guarantee you there will be alot less griefing and animosity on these profession forums. And a lot less of these ignorant people just posting garbage like nerf mobility, hp regen, hammer CC, armor, HP of the warrior all at once. As that saying goes, Warriors have that 30/30/30/30/30 build with GS/Longbow/Mace/Hammer/Shield that is soooooo OP.

It’s like people don’t want Warriors to be competitive and go back to the free bags they used to be.

Mace/Greatsword Video (Sept Patch)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoAjKtD6MLY

in Warrior

Posted by: Carpboy.7145

Carpboy.7145

I know exactly how you feel. Many people such as myself have played warrior since launch, back when the Warrior was in a state of desperation and needed buffs to be competitive with other classes. But I will always continue to play warrior as a main no matter what people say. It is best to ignore them.

I tried not to use that as an excuse for losing against other classes; so that I could actually improve and get better. So that when warriors were buffed in the near future I could at least be a very decent competitive player. I remember never being able to beat a D/D ele, wondering how a class with the lowest base stats can out tank a class with the highest, while having massive regen and incombat mobility. Or wondering why Guardians were pretty much Warriors except with ridiculous amounts of healing and boon generation. Or why I couldn’t hold a candle to a necro in melee. And mesmers, well, you already know how I feel about them.

But then when we started getting buffs, people start being panzies about “oh, you play an OP class, that’s why I lost” and “oh, you are a warrior no wonder I lost” and the even more degrading “play a warrior and faceroll yourself into victory it’s so simple of a class”. And the best one “Warriors are so favoured by ArenaNet they never received any nerfs”. If that was the case we wouldn’t have been the worst class outside of PvE for a good year. Of course when you are an underpowered class you aren’t going to receive as many nerfs as you do buffs. And BTW, Warriors have had some notable nerfs. Anybody remember Berserker’s Power and Heightened Focus? Moving BP to the grandmaster tree pretty much made the Strength tree alot less viable besides the inherent power and condition duration it gave.

I cease to understand people’s logic for things sometimes. People are so concerned about other classes and where they are at but fail to look at their own class, or perhaps maybe their own skill level. Instead of asking for nonsensical nerfs across the table for warriors, promote buffs for your own class. I guarantee you there will be alot less griefing and animosity on these profession forums. And a lot less of these ignorant people just posting garbage like nerf mobility, hp regen, hammer CC, armor, HP of the warrior all at once. As that saying goes, Warriors have that 30/30/30/30/30 build with GS/Longbow/Mace/Hammer/Shield that is soooooo OP.

It’s like people don’t want Warriors to be competitive and go back to the free bags they used to be.

+1

The Use of the Word ‘Cheese’
Lyss The Shadow
Legendary Champion of DB [EDGE]

in Warrior

Posted by: DragonMind.2983

DragonMind.2983

…I just miss diversity/felxibility for builds, for my warrior.

Atm I am being killed in 2secs or close in WvWvW,
because I refuse to run those 2-3 builds that are
the ones that work.

I might even go that far to say, I have seen one build that works
very very well …still, a hambow build.

I really would like the chance to be able to make MY warrior,
instead of a copy warrior, like everyone else.

…to me in their current state, warriors are big hippos in terms
of health. It doesn’t really matter if you are big, we go down
as quick as rock falling to the ground, mainly because our
HEAVY armor does prove only something like 300 better armor
than medium, or close.

in Warrior

Posted by: Nuorus.8415

Nuorus.8415

Well no matter what people gets angry at you if you beat them. For example I have experiences beating Warriors with Warrior and getting angry whispers like “noob” “uninstall noob”. Just for beating them. With same class. And I didn’t use hammer build but dual sword + longbow. People are like that and can’t change it. Nerf wont help it.

Feel free to argue with me. You learn something every time and it develops your personality.

People seems using word “trolling” out of context way too often…

in Warrior

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

The only reason we seem so OP is back when Warrior was the underdog, those who stuck with it got real good at playing the class in order to make up for what it was lacking. Now that the Warrior is competitive and well balanced, those who stuck through the rough times totally own the baddies that use to give them a hard time. We now have the capability to show those baddies exactly how bad they are and they don’t like being shown their inferior skill so they have taken to calling names and insults. Keep playing the class you enjoy and never mind what the losers say.

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

(edited by Julie Yann.5379)

in Warrior

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

You can’t let others dictate what you enjoy in life, or you’ll never be happy.

If you prefer Warrior, play Warrior. Gamers will very, very often attempt to excuse a loss for any reason that isn’t “I just screwed up” or “I’m not very good”. That isn’t your fault, and you shouldn’t let it be.

I play Condi Necro now after playing 500 hours of Warrior. I appreciate all the tools I get. I’m addicted to the versatility. Sure, sometimes other players just melt like candle wax, and Condi Necro, especially in WvW situations (food, why are you ruining the game), is immensely strong. But I enjoy it, so I play it.

If you were bandwagoning across classes/specs that are considered OP in the meta, I’d have a different response for you. But you just want to play Warrior. So play Warrior.

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”

in Warrior

Posted by: Tomasmxmf.9403

Tomasmxmf.9403

To keep it short, the salt, the tears, and the hurt feelings the reason why I’ve mained warrior as long as I have. Long live the warrior <@:)

SCUMMY WARRIOR/REV ON DRAGONBRAND
[FIRE]//@TOLIVEFREEORDIE//RAIDER KREWE

in Warrior

Posted by: redslion.9675

redslion.9675

You know what? You should ALWAYS play what you like, even if it’s OP, without worrying about not learning or enjoying the game.

Why? Because if something is OP, it will become a FoTM. As happened with warriors. But good/decent/more experienced warriors will slash through all those hambows. You don’t need to stop playing war because it’s OP. Just work to set yourself apart from and above bandwagoners.

You will never be able to know what an engineer is going to do next…

because he doesn’t know it himself

in Warrior

Posted by: Shimond.2478

Shimond.2478

Makes perfect sense.

No he said pretty much exactly that:

“I was ‘hoping’ that Anet would seriously nerf the warrior last patch – not because it was needed in my opinion – but so that I could play my warrior without being degraded constantly.”

in Warrior

Posted by: Epic.3950

Epic.3950

THIS. I was really bothered at first when healsignet first came out. frankly I was a god walking among mere mortals. I could hit for 15k with my ES-SB combo and had 3k armor. I was feeling like a total cheeseball. I was just about to give up and say warriors are OP when other people started running my build. Instead of having a hard time I destroyed them. That is the moment I realized it wasnt the fact warriors were OP, it was just the fact I had put up with so much bullkitten back when I had zero condition removal, no access to 25% movespeed and a useless tree I was forced to spec heavy into. This is the most frustrating thing a main warrior has to deal with. “We killed you because we are better than you, not because we are OP roll a warrior and you will still lose” this is my motto from now on and I dont let the warrior comments get to me anymore because frankly its gotten to the point I just ignore anyone who says that crap.

in Warrior

Posted by: Noxrawr.6125

Noxrawr.6125

Must be good to be you. I cant kill anyone 1v1 with my hammer warrior.

in Warrior

Posted by: mini.6018

mini.6018

I was getting OP and bad excuses from eles a year ago when they were literally god mode and warrior was ,well,freebag.If you look for recognition from anyone else than fanboys or mates pvp is the wrong place.Even if very rarely you encounter some players that are really open minded and accept or congratulate you,but that as i said is extremely rare.

Best part is when rerollers call you easymode op class after you won a 1v2 without realizing/forgetting he or they were warriors aswell.With that said not even logic is easily found in pvp nowdays especially from nerf warrior fanoys.

(edited by mini.6018)

in Warrior

Posted by: Mightymealworm.8409

Mightymealworm.8409

I generally don’t have a hard time 1vs1 other warriors either. I have met exceptions for sure, as I don’t PvP much on my war, but even playing my ‘fun build’ full condi burning guardian(read: hard mode) most 1vs1 warrior battles are quite manageable. I can’t wait for the fair weather fotm players to go packing for a new home, as all those hambows are quite frustrating in a crowd.

in Warrior

Posted by: Shockwave.1230

Shockwave.1230

Nice post OP

In PvP when a 1337 player loses it’s never the 1337 player’s fault. It’s really not worth getting down because of this attitude, since it will never go away in our lifetime

Sylvari Elementalist – Mystree Duskbloom (Lv 80)
Norn Guardian – Aurora Lustyr (Lv 80)
Mia A Shadows Glow – Human Thief (Lv 80)

in Warrior

Posted by: redslion.9675

redslion.9675

I have to start doing this each time I kill a hambow:

“Oh, I am sorry, are you from some class and rolled warrior sure it was the easiest things ever? How is the dust today?”

You will never be able to know what an engineer is going to do next…

because he doesn’t know it himself