My take on warriors thus far

in Warrior

Posted by: Dand.8231

Dand.8231

First off, im a casual player who dabbles in all aspects: PvE, sPvP, and WvW. Not even 80 yet, so if anything I say is wildly skewed, feel free to (politely) call me on it. That being said…

1. Healing Signet (and adrenal health) scales poorly. It’s passive regen feels too strong at low levels, and too weak at high levels.

Suggestion: Weaken the effect at low level, and buff it’s scaling. Possibly make it a % of health rather than based on +healing, thus causing it to scale evenly.

2. Rifles F1 skill, which has a rather obvious broadcast, just screams “dodge/interupt/los/range me.”

Suggestion: Change the burst skill to be a faster 1/2 or 1/4s cast, followed by a short 2-3 second self inflicted reload/daze debuff (that cant be removed). This would frontload the hit, making it less likely to be simply loldodged, but still consume the same amount of time overall. It WOULD make it dangerously bursty though, which could be an issue…

3. Greathammer DPS just seems to be extremely low. I have no DPS meter (do they even exist?) but after some testing, it certainly seems to take a great deal longer to auto-attack kill a PvE mob, than Axe, Sword, or Greatsword. Even worse versus players who dont often let you get to the third chain-1 hit. It’s not that the individual hits are weak, they just seem to come very slowly.

Suggestion: Redistribute the backloaded 3rd chain hit to the 1st and 2nd hit. Or, change the trait from +25% when disabled, to +10% baseline, and additional +15% when disabled. Or maybe an attack speed increase.

4. Ranged Weapons. Long bow has a shorter range (untraited) and Rifle shots seem to hit everything but my actual target.

Suggestion: Fix whatever problem causes “obstructed” to appear for rifles, and increase baseline longbow range to 1200.

Feedback is welcome!

in Warrior

Posted by: Shadowscamp.8065

Shadowscamp.8065

I switched out healing signet for mending (2 condition removal heal) so I can’t really say anything about that.

Personally, I love the rifle burst. That being said, I’m mostly a WvW warrior, so in most situations, most people don’t notice the broadcasted kneel and aim. So in siege situations, when someone (read: thief) gets overconfident and overextends, it’s my mission to killshot them at half health from on top of the wall. I wouldn’t like the self-daze at all, since I like the option to cancel and dodge if I need to.

The hammer is largely a control weapon, with a stun, a knockdown, a knockback, and a ranged cripple. However, hammer burst (with quickness/frenzy) is huge. It’s certainly not a sustained damage weapon, but amount of damage you can put out quickly if you pop frenzy is huge.

I hate longbow range. At one point I traited it and was much happier with it, but it seems to be quite a waste of trait points, since it’s not even a weapon specialization skill (reduced cooldowns, increased damage, etc.). Rifle, though, I really like. Especially traited with piercing and cooldowns. They really do need to make default longbow range 1200, though. The longbow was basically the sniper of its time, and you can’t really argue that a “warrior” is too weak to pull back the string farther.

Qoo ~

Quaggan may or may not like you ~

in Warrior

Posted by: Olba.5376

Olba.5376

For Hammers, it’s not really the damage that you’re looking for, but all the control skills you get. And by the way, there’s a Trait in Defense that gets you a significant boost in damage, especially since you can combine two skills so that there’s always a disable on the enemy.

in Warrior

Posted by: Schwahrheit.4203

Schwahrheit.4203

When Mace legitimately controls better and does DPS better in between stuns, I don’t see why pick Hammer over Mace when you’re actually fighting decent people.

Since people are negative about nerfs, how about we buff to balance then?

in Warrior

Posted by: Alex Sanchez.6792

Alex Sanchez.6792

When Mace legitimately controls better and does DPS better in between stuns, I don’t see why pick Hammer over Mace when you’re actually fighting decent people.

Apples and oranges arguement here. For point control the mace has absolutely nothing on the hammer.

in Warrior

Schwahrheit.4203

Apples and oranges arguement here. For point control the mace has absolutely nothing on the hammer.

It simply baits out stun breaks better. That is LEGIT control because its harder to predict Mace + Shield than Hammer. Do I really have to make a video about this in tPvP? Or is it just hard to understand?

I can just show you in-game on how Mace is better than Hammer if you’re up for it.

in Warrior

Posted by: Shadowscamp.8065

Shadowscamp.8065

…Why the aggression? Jeebus.

Qoo ~

Quaggan may or may not like you ~

in Warrior

Schwahrheit.4203

People just don’t understand that Mace is inherently more viable than Hammer in PvP, seriously I’m about to post stun-lock combos in tPvP just to get my message regarding the imbalance between Mace and Hammer.

in Warrior

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

People just don’t understand that Mace is inherently more viable than Hammer in PvP, seriously I’m about to post stun-lock combos in tPvP just to get my message regarding the imbalance between Mace and Hammer.

Do it. Then afterwards, I’ll comment that not everyone cares about playing tPvP and explain how amazing the Hammer is in WvWvW. Then you’ll talk about how WvWvW is just a bunch of zergs and all fights are determined by level/gear and that it means nothing. Then I’ll laugh.

You’re first.

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”

in Warrior

Schwahrheit.4203

Do it. Then afterwards, I’ll comment that not everyone cares about playing tPvP and explain how amazing the Hammer is in WvWvW. Then you’ll talk about how WvWvW is just a bunch of zergs and all fights are determined by level/gear and that it means nothing. Then I’ll laugh.

You’re first.

Wait so… you Hammer in a group of 10 people and expect to live through it? Seriously? There are BETTER ways of doing that in WvW, just that Hammer won’t cut it because the moment you stun a group of people YOU CAN NOT trade hits because of the lack of DPS. Tell me what kind of big plays can you do with a Hammer in WvW?

I’ll say it again, Hammer is POINTLESS. If you want AoE CC, you’re better off using Flurry. If you want DPS while stun-locking AND making it easy for your team mates to focus, then Mace easily takes the cake.

(edited by Schwahrheit.4203)

in Warrior

Cogbyrn.7283

You’re first.

Wait so… you Hammer in a group of 10 people and expect to live through it? Seriously? There are BETTER ways of doing that in WvW, just that Hammer won’t cut it because the moment you stun a group of people YOU CAN NOT trade hits because of the lack of DPS. Tell me what kind of big plays can you do with a Hammer in WvW?

I’ve gotten away with a lot of things in WvWvW that should have killed me. However, you’re side-tracking from the order of operations:

You’re first.

We’re in the process of analyzing Mace vs. Hammer for the sake of taking Hammer analysis further, since we determined Hammer isn’t necessarily for the damage (since the OP mentioned damage is lacking; though it was noted a substantial damage increase can be obtained through the Merciless Hammer trait on the Defense line).

You’re going to post videos that appropriately demonstrate the power of the Mace, and I’m going to try to capture WvWvW Hammer action on-stream.

in Warrior

Schwahrheit.4203

I’ll do both Mace + Shield and Sword + Shield sure. Expect something next week.

in Warrior

Cogbyrn.7283

I actually believe that the more videos that exist demonstrating various weapons/weapon combinations succeeding in various PvP situations, the better. I can’t always play on my desktop (no way the laptop could stream the sort of thing I’d like to show), but I’ll also try to get something out sometime soon. Busy weekend → 4-day vacation → another busy weekend → Thanksgiving week could be troublesome, but I’ll see what I can do.