NEED a Warrior Build that makes me think!

in Warrior

Posted by: Phadde.7362

Phadde.7362

I stopped leveling my beloved Warrior @ level 62 and switched to a Guardian when I realized that it just was no fun in Dungeons and in Group situations.

While playing with my Elementalist Main in the same situations, I’m having a blast! All those spells to keep in mind and a bunch of combo-fields and up to 3 combo-breakers that can be executed all at the same time.

I’m not looking for a Warrior Build that makes combat as complex as with my main.
I’m looking for a Warrior build that at makes combat as complex as possible in Group situations. Dropping banners is a nice support feature, but it’s just like any Warrior-Ability: Head-on, head first, no need to be clever and think (with the exception of the Warbanner (elite))

Thanks in advance.
(Will edit if I’m not describing what I’m looking for well enough)

Vote for/against <dueling>: http://strawpoll.me/1650018/
Cred to Latinkuro
Gw2 is a masterpiece at it’s foundation. Content-wise however…

in Warrior

Posted by: LieutenantGoogle.7326

LieutenantGoogle.7326

Hammer warrior.

lv80 with skills fully unlocked, warrior, elementalist and engineer
lv80 Necromancer, all professional skills unlocked, working on the final norn elite skills.

in Warrior

Posted by: TeamBattleAxe.3901

TeamBattleAxe.3901

I recall someone posting recently about using a longbow and banners to combo with themselves for kitten amounts of might stacks. Seems pretty impractical, but might be fun if you’re looking for a challenge by handicapping yourself.

in Warrior

Posted by: Dracula.1709

Dracula.1709

Most of the untapped (and greatly misunderstood) Warrior strength lies in weapon swapping. Tool around with Discipline traits. Discover which weapon sets work well for you when you swap between them. A build you rarely see support for is an equal parts damage/condition build. It can be done and it can be very affective. It just requires a fast, intelligent player. With respect to some I’d say most players aren’t looking for a challenge they’re looking for a stat dump. Which will only make you common and predictable. The nicest thing about the combat in GW2 is that the smarter warrior usually wins.

in Warrior

Posted by: Sarcasmic.6741

Sarcasmic.6741

The only way I’ve been able to keep the interest up on my warrior, was melee only. Trying to work on keeping damage constantly applied, without falling back to a ranged weapon is much more entertaining for me. Between GS and Axe/something, my mobility feels just shy of my D/D ele, and has much better damage output. I’m squishy as all get-out (in warrior terms anyway) so that much more interesting challenge staying alive and keeping damage going.

Stace (Lv 80 human quickness portal bot) | Sarcasmic (Lv 80 elixir-drunk norn pyro)
Saladtha (Lv 80 salad sidekick to bears) | Dunelle (Lv 80 eviscerating muppet)
Karmell (Lv 80 human might dispenser) | Vast says hi~.

in Warrior

Posted by: Writetyper.1985

Writetyper.1985

Get two melee weapons and Fast Hands. I’ve got axe+warhorn/hammer. It’s not faceroll, and it actually feels more powerful through both damage and versatility than greatsword only final destination builds.

Mortryde/Cold/Thugmentalist Bara
really bad engineer

in Warrior

Posted by: Manticore Five.9867

Manticore Five.9867

For a interesting build based on both condition damage and straight damage:
http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=-sBCGw;0VKVP0d4BL-60;9;4JTJ;046-24B46v

Both of your offhands have interrupt generators, and both sets have a block (which reflect missiles) and at least one interrupt. Your strategy would be to keep the opponent bleeding for the 10% buff, interrupt him as often as possible for confusion, give him the choice of killing himself or yielding the initiative. Your goal is to get him to 25% and stun him for the finishing combo.

You have 2 condition cleaners, reflects, gap closers, stuns, and a knockdown. Also you need to maintain 2-3 conditions then parry counterattacks. Keeping that all running will keep anyone busy.

I’d actually prefer going axe/mace for the second set for more offense and changing out sundering for either embrace the pain or shield mastery.

I’d recommend that you not focus on any more condition damage or duration than is already in the build, but instead get as much might as possible, as that buff is twice as strong for you as for non-hybrids. Ideally you’ll save adrenaline for when you need a mace stun, and keep the target bleeding and weakened, both to limit dodges and for the 10% bonus damage with maces and 10% bonus when bleeding and 12% bonus when adrenaline full.

(edited by Manticore Five.9867)