Need Advice on Sword/Sword

in Warrior

Posted by: Willycat.7310

Willycat.7310

Hi Guys,I would like to get everyone advice/suggestions on Sword/Sword build,I have been using GS for quite a long time so I would like to try the Sword/Sword build.

I mostly do Dungeons/Fractals/SPvp only,I am wearing full zerker,Is Sword/Sword build viable with Full zerker,6/6/0/0/2?

Thank for reading my post and please pardon my English.

in Warrior

Willycat.7310

Any help is appreciated!

in Warrior

Posted by: DHK.8406

DHK.8406

Your more or less on the right track. Even in the best of circumstances you are going to to ~10-15% less damage than with Axe/X but it does have a few advantages.

With axe interrupting your auto attack is really bad. With sword its not a problem at all. This lets you Impale/Rip or Final Thrust with impunity.

FIY final thrust is only a DPS gain under 50% and Imaple/Rip is a DPS gain always, but it is made better if you do some auto attacks in between to get the torment stack up.

in Warrior

Willycat.7310

I always loved S/S for the aesthetics and playstyle

TY DHK for your reply!

in Warrior

Posted by: Agnima.3714

Agnima.3714

If you are doing it for full on dps you should slowly switch over to condition damage pieces like rampagers for the full effect. S/S benefits more from condition then crit and with the crit damage nerf its very possible you might see an overall boost. You will definitely notice a boost in your bleeds as you switch over and Flurry will actually start feeling like a move that hurts your target then something to immobilize them with

I too also enjoy S/S the best, I also like A/S as well, GS is largly boring after a while, but most of the 1 handed weapon setups offer more options and fun imho. Of course nobody plays this game for fun, its for being the best right. ;P

in Warrior

Posted by: Warlord.9074

Warlord.9074

your trait allocation is fine for swords. I’ve experimented many times to try and squeeze more DPS out of pure sword and havnt been able to without going 6 at least in arms and 6 in str.

“Just press 2 to win all the dps was us cuz we’re a
warrior and we’re the best class” Eugene

in Warrior

Willycat.7310

your trait allocation is fine for swords. I’ve experimented many times to try and squeeze more DPS out of pure sword and havnt been able to without going 6 at least in arms and 6 in str.

Would full zerker go well with S/S and 6/6/0/0/2?I always prefered zerker over Rabid/or other condition damage gears.

Awaiting your reply,Thanks!

in Warrior

Posted by: Warlord.9074

Warlord.9074

Ya swords can do both physical condition and condition damage. Final thrust on a target that is lower than 50% HP is like landing eviscerate on a target with axes. Rip offhand does nice damage also when it crits.

There was a build posted ahwile back that was a power based sword/sword LB build for wvw. It worked well.

Check out this thread His build was a little differnt than yours. I didn’t agree with all of his choices and he posted a video and his build.

See if this helps.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/warrior/New-Video-LB-SS-Power-build/first#post3661181

His build is at the top of that thread.

This is his video of sword sword power build roaming wvw.

“Just press 2 to win all the dps was us cuz we’re a
warrior and we’re the best class” Eugene

(edited by Warlord.9074)

in Warrior

Willycat.7310

Thanks Warlord and everyone for your help!

Have a good day!