Need Help with conversion to WvW build

in Warrior

Posted by: Marndeis.7815

Marndeis.7815

So I built my Glass Cannon Zerker Warrior for PVE but now I find myself playing more WvW. I just invested most of my gold into ascended weapons so I don’t have a lot to change out an entire Armor Set or Runes.

What are some good, small changes I can make (maybe accessories/ amulets etc) or Dungeon Armor Sets That I could make? What stat combinations should I be looking at so that I don’t lose too much in the way of damage but Can take a few extra hits?

Is Toughness or Vitality more important? Should I give up Power or Precision or Ferocity?

Thanks in advance for help

in Warrior

Posted by: Gamgee.8612

Gamgee.8612

So I built my Glass Cannon Zerker Warrior for PVE but now I find myself playing more WvW. I just invested most of my gold into ascended weapons so I don’t have a lot to change out an entire Armor Set or Runes.

What are some good, small changes I can make (maybe accessories/ amulets etc) or Dungeon Armor Sets That I could make? What stat combinations should I be looking at so that I don’t lose too much in the way of damage but Can take a few extra hits?

Is Toughness or Vitality more important? Should I give up Power or Precision or Ferocity?

Thanks in advance for help

Well there’s 3 power builds I’d like to recommend.

4 0 6 0 4 – GS/Hammer or GS/Axe+Sh

0 4 6 0 4 – Sw+Sh/Hammer

0 0 6 2 6 or 0 2 6 0 6 – Hammer/X

Then you have to know yourself and how much toughness you need/want. My advice would be to aim for 2K toughness for starters. You shouldn’t need more than that. Then you start switching out for more damage. Depending on who you ask vitality could either be good or unnecessairy. I for one don’t need any vitality: toughness>vitality imo.

Guidestats: 212% dmg/30% chance(>50% with fury)

N I M S – Warrior of Judge Legends[JDGE]

in Warrior

Posted by: Penguin.7906

Penguin.7906

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fJAQJASRjMdUGajHWhwJagfgC9t3C7gxAYAUmG5OA-TVCHABveBAA4BA0n6PRpE0IlfGcEACTXwAHCgS2fgUAMJMC-w

well this is the stats the above describes, bit too toughnes heavy for my taste but here it is :P

Shuriyo

in Warrior

Posted by: Fat Disgrace.4275

Fat Disgrace.4275

I agree. 2k thoughness is a bit over kill for roaming – may be for zerging suure.

This is what I am currently using. Obviously I will change food and endura pain to zerka stance vs condi trash.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fJAQNAseSjMd0FaZIGewJagegC9u/DxgxCIAU2G9OA-T1SBABXcIAe4BAQp6PRcCAuSZWXKNmQJIR7Pgn+AEMBBwRAIAACwNbz28mBG6QH6QH6Qbn7cn7cnJFgeKjA-w

Fat Disgrace (banned) Man Flu Survivor – war/The Cabbage -Thief (gunners hold / [TaG])

gw1 – healing signet/frenzy/charge

in Warrior

Posted by: mexay.3902

mexay.3902

If you link your current build, that gives us a little more to work with. For now I’m going to assume you’re full zerk scholar 6/5/0/0/3 or something to that effect.

Weapons are going to determine your build. You’re probably going to be very glassy, so I’m going to suggest Greatsword/Hammer. This is an excellent weapon choice for Destroyer Warriors.

I’m quite fond of the 0/4/4/0/4 spec, with 2 points left to place anywhere (I recommend either Burst Mastery or Defy Pain/Merciless Hammer). This offers fantastic damage (note: perma 25 Might > 10% damage on GS)

You can swap out your trinkets. I’d maybe recommend aiming for at least 20k HP and getting as much toughness as possible. Try to keep a nice balance between crit chance and damage. If you’ve only got 30% crit chance, don’t bother with having 210% crit damage. Balance it out to around 50% chance, 200% damage. A great way to do this is balance Knight’s, Cavalier’s and Valkyrie gear. Your best bet for stats is achieving around 2.8k Armour (or 2.9k if you run at least 1 point in Defense as the 100 toughness automatically adds to your stat window and is only really up for 1 hit).

I’d recommend by starting out with your amulet and rings or your rings and trinkets. Soldiers is pretty much the easiest way to get your stats up and then adding in a Cav and Knight’s ring with Beryl jewels (or go ascended).

Food is another fantastic way of increasing your survivability.

Here’s a build that might work for you:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fJAQJARSj8c0FalH+dwJaAmgCdnPBfwxEIAUWFTBA-TVDBwAGVCdUZgSlGLVisw8hElgY3fAwjAAn6P51Fw4IAkwEWgLAApAkVYE-w

It’s just 4 new trinkets and some jewels. Cost should be around 10 – 15g.

Most of the builds posted should work pretty well (except the one above me, sorry it’s just… fall damage? Movement speed? C’mon man…)

Good luck with your build and if you want further help, just shoot me a message in-game and I’m happy to help.

noice

(edited by mexay.3902)

in Warrior

Posted by: Fat Disgrace.4275

Fat Disgrace.4275

Yes, we all know the nike warrior can out run most things especially traited with forceful greatsword how ever leaps from some obstacles where you can not reach by jump is also kitten good.
edit
And fall damage, its meant to of been short temper. How ever death from above can be funny at times

Fat Disgrace (banned) Man Flu Survivor – war/The Cabbage -Thief (gunners hold / [TaG])

gw1 – healing signet/frenzy/charge

(edited by Fat Disgrace.4275)

in Warrior

Posted by: Cygnus.6903

Cygnus.6903

Get Cavalier trinkets and Hoelbrak runes. If you have Strength runes, Hoelbrak is less nessecary but you will probably want to equip SoS+Berserker’s Stance.

I try to aim for 2900 armor, which goes down to 2800 below 90% HP (due to the defense minor trait). 2800 is the sweet spot for me.

I only state my opinion unless stated otherwise.
Hulk Roaming Montages/Build Vids
I always rage but never quit.

in Warrior

Posted by: Gamgee.8612

Gamgee.8612

I agree. 2k thoughness is a bit over kill for roaming – may be for zerging suure.

This is what I am currently using. Obviously I will change food and endura pain to zerka stance vs condi trash.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fJAQNAseSjMd0FaZIGewJagegC9u/DxgxCIAU2G9OA-T1SBABXcIAe4BAQp6PRcCAuSZWXKNmQJIR7Pgn+AEMBBwRAIAACwNbz28mBG6QH6QH6Qbn7cn7cnJFgeKjA-w

I intended for OP to start with 2K toughness because that’s what I did. Atm I run 1.6K and it works very good. Everyone has their sweetspots. I think he should find it himself.

N I M S – Warrior of Judge Legends[JDGE]