Need Your Advices For PvP Banner Warrior

in Warrior

Posted by: karakurt.8690

karakurt.8690

Here what I am using right now at pvp and pretty strong against most cases but I have some dilemmas

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fJAQRBMhl21ITHtgWAiZI0hGIJoQ3BZwcfKASHDHRRA-TZRAwAHOCAsLD85kAA4BAYb/BA

For sigils I really need help for secondary sigils much
Rune I am a bit confused how about Superior rune of the Monk.Does %10 outgoing healing effective?
About Traits Everything is ok except these dilemmas
I feel like I wasted 2 points to Arms to get a bit more bleeding but not seems worthy all I want a decent dps.
I am thinking to try instead of that Restorative Strength,Warrior’s Sprint or Signet Mastery for healing signet Also these may look promising against zerg that should give good boon to counterattack to bring down one shiny berserker in them: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Short_Temper http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mighty_Defenses but doesn’t work as I tried maybe I am wrong

In Defense tree Shield Master vs Missile Defflection-for the love of God I really love when rangers trying to push me at skyhammer- love both.

And about Banners: Because of that I wanna roam and support help I choose two defensive banners one for middle generally Banner of Tactics and another one for hot battle zones
To sum up as I read here http://mistpedia.net/mediawiki/index.php/Category:Roles I wanna put this build between Bruiser (Mace/Shield stuns) Closepoint Defender (Regen! yes that helps a lot) and Roamer (Sword/Warhorn run!) yes these seems too much but I wanna try with my all might

Any constructive advices gladly accepted let’s make together invincible banner warrior.Well still pretty strong enough :P

in Warrior

Posted by: Silv.9207

Silv.9207

If you want to be a suppoerter/defensive build for spvp, you can try that:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fJAQNApeTjMdUAaZIWhQHagqgAdRQjq/0ZftA-TJBCwATOBAAeAAlLDUc/BA
(and you can change your Amulet in Celestial, if you want a more balanced stats)
That build will grant you defence, healing and condition damage.
If you want you can try to use only 4 points in Defence and spent 4 in Strenght, obtaining the trait Distracting Strikes, that infloct Confusion when you interrupt an enemy.
Something like this:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fJAQNApeTjMdUAaZIWhQHagjgCZI0BGDgbOdNsDJBA-TJBCwATOBAAeAAlLDUc/BA
With mace, shield you can interrupt your enemy and inflict Confusion and when the enemy block your attack you can obtain might.

Retalation isn’t a good choice in a Condi-Build because Retalation’s damage depend on your Power.

I use a Celestial-Banner build, with sword/axe + longbow, but you can try a sword/shield + longbow build, according to obtain more defence. And Banner of Strength to increase your damage, lowered by celestial amulet.

in Warrior

Posted by: witcher.3197

witcher.3197

I wouldn’t recommend banner warrior to anyone. A bunker guard is a lot better for teamsupport and there are so many other builds that are more useful for the team overall.

But if you want to use it at all costs try this one: http://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Warrior_-_Banner_Bunker

in Warrior

Posted by: karakurt.8690

karakurt.8690

Yeah retaliation is just additional damage depends power but even when i go full berserk power is about 2200 and it hits 198 + (0.075 * Power) = 363 but now power 1152 and retaliation is 284 fair enough.Distracting strikes looks promising but against condi cleanse builded players will not be effective

I prefer again regens by Healing Signet +Adneral Health and Banners

I didnt like some things http://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Warrior_-_Banner_Bunker berserker stance doesnt help a lot warhorn and cleansing ire are more than enough to counter conditions in defense tree stance and defy pain not helps as regen and dodges.

I just decided most of things v.2 of this build is :

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fJAQRBMhl21ITHtgWAiZI0hGIJoQ3BZwcfKASHDHRRA-TpRAwAHOCAaOBAsLDA4BAwd/BOHEAA

I switched Rune of Water and for secondary sigils sigil of water and in mace+shield sigil of doom quite tricky

Attachments:

(edited by karakurt.8690)

in Warrior

witcher.3197

Runes of Water’s 6th effect will be wasted because you’ll never use your healing skill. Berserker Stance is the single most OP skill in the entire game. You do not have Longbow, proccing cleansing ire is harder, so you’d need that stance even more.

Spiked Armor is a joke trait compared to others on that line like Defy Pain. Tbh the only reason I’d ever take a bunker warrior is the runes of mercy, which you do not have.

in Warrior

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

Id lose the tactics banner if i were you,and grab Dolyak signet…More toughness and a source of stabi.You already have constant regen going on from the toughness banner + trait,you dont need the tactical banner aswell,the heal power increase isnt worth that util slot,and picking it up for a fight to use its regen,isnt something you gonna be doing alot.Your toughnes banner is all you need,it will be constantly up.
Also suggest to go more condi…if you wanna be so tanky,otherwise with this current setup you will not kill a thing.Go for Bow/SS,in which way you can be tanky while dealing a good amount of ticking dmg,so you won’t be completely useless.

in Warrior

witcher.3197

Id lose the tactics banner if i were you,and grab Dolyak signet…More toughness and a source of stabi.You already have constant regen going on from the toughness banner + trait,you dont need the tactical banner aswell,the heal power increase isnt worth that util slot,and picking it up for a fight to use its regen,isnt something you gonna be doing alot.Your toughnes banner is all you need,it will be constantly up.
Also suggest to go more condi…if you wanna be so tanky,otherwise with this current setup you will not kill a thing.Go for Bow/SS,in which way you can be tanky while dealing a good amount of ticking dmg,so you won’t be completely useless.

He’s making a bunker not a DPS, he does not have to kill anything.

in Warrior

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

Why make a bunker build able to kill nothing if you can make a bunker build able to actually kill something….Bunker is bunker,the other is just much more effective.

in Warrior

witcher.3197

Why make a bunker build able to kill nothing if you can make a bunker build able to actually kill something….Bunker is bunker,the other is just much more effective.

He’s not looking for a tanky 1v1 build, he wants to fill a teamsupport / bunker role. If you take steps into the direction of damage you won’t be able to sustain yourself for too long when focused in a teamfight, ultimately failing at your role while doing negligible damage.

in Warrior

Posted by: Ralkuth.1456

Ralkuth.1456

The metabattle build is basically it. You work around the downed state battles because of your Tactics minors and Mercy Runes. They give insanely fast hard resses and your Mace/Shield allows you to quickly stun and interrupt res and stomp attempts as well as using Sword F1 to setup bursts for your team.

All the while, you give passive defensive bonuses and Regen to your team which is substantial due to Clerics. Switch out Banner of Defense for Discipline if you have a glassy team that coordinates well – nasty crits.

With this build, you can facetank Power Necro dagger autos without dropping health…

5 useless class titles
Carrying enemy team since 2012
“Multiclass implies you can actually play the class” – a certain royalty