Need help please, I am weak.

in Warrior

Posted by: Quad.1695

Quad.1695

Hi all,

I am looking for some advice for the followling reasons:

My character feels too squishy
My dps seems to weak

At present I am level 54 and when I run around the game I see other warriors same level as me seem to kill mobs a lot faster than me and out live 3-5 mobs at a time attacking them.

If I was to take on 3-4 mobs I would more than likely die (depending on mobs) and would take quite some amount of time to kill them compared to other warriors out there.

I ain’t the best at playing games due to my autism and tunnel vision but something seems wrong.

Is it my build:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fIEQNAsXUjgO1wJPuQMRCE8Br4oIJCQtgsAA

Or is it my gear and weapons I am using:

Armor: Toughness & Vitality – Slotted: 3 x Major rune of the Afflicted (Condtion damage + Bleed) 3 x Major rune of the Krait (Condtion damage + Bleed)

Weapons: Main hand: Sword – Offhand: Axe – And using Rifle all with (Precision & Condition) – Slotted with: Major sigil of Geomancy (Inflict Bleeding)

Rings: Toughness & Vitality – Slotted with: Ornate Chrysocola Jewel (Condition+Power+Vitality)

Earings: Toughness & Vitality – Slotted with: Chrysocola Shard (Condition+Power+Vitality)

Amulet: Precision & Condition – Slotted with: Ornate Chrysocola Jewel (Condition+Power+Vitality)

Piccy of my stats:

http://postimage.org/image/3zlke10f7/

I am totally confused and would love your advice and input.

Regards

Quad

Keep your friends close, Keep your enemies even closer!

in Warrior

Posted by: cloudysan.4397

cloudysan.4397

Your problem is being a bleed build and not having much condition damage. Generally I feel bleed builds on warrior shouldn’t be used for leveling(might be just me).
Also: Vit+Toughness on armor for leveling is a little bit too much if you ask me. You CAN survive without too much vitality(your base HP is high enough).
And:Sure you FEEL squishy if the enemy hits your 20 times while you try to kill them with your puny damage. I’d recommand either getting much more condition damage or switching to something like an axe, great sword, hammer or anything power based.

in Warrior

Posted by: Azmoth.8419

Azmoth.8419

Hey dude, i’m currently playing a lvl 46 Warrior…so don’t take this as gospel.

Firstly, I’m assuming your armor is the right level (stats doesn’t matter too much depending on your game style)

Looking at your traits you’re going for a kinda of bleed build but your offhand stops you getting 2 skills that apply x4 bleeds. Try swapping your Axe for another sword (Your aim is to get as many stacks as possible) Depending on your condition damage you will do around 38+ damage per tick of bleed the more bleeds the faster it ticks which will improve your damage.

Also swap mending for the Signet (It’s passive heal is far better in my opinion) currently It ticks for 101 for me with 0 Healing power.

I run the signet build so I a bit fluffy about other skills but Signet of Doylak gives you damage reduction, Endure pain is fine for Vet fights and large mobs as it will give your passive regen time to tick.

Personally I would then use “For Great Justice” to get Fury up as much as you can.

Other than that…try these Traits, it gives you extra damage based on your adrenalin as well as more regen, whilst giving you more adrenalin per hit on you so you can get the bleeds from your burst skill.
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fIAQJAscjkOFvtQKPMxBA8hqMFK6oIppA
Lol forgot the link

in Warrior

Quad.1695

Thanks for the advice.

Another question, if i was to completely revamp my gear/weapons what stats & slots for the following:

Armor:
Rings:
Amulet:
Earrings:
Weapons:

Also what weapons?
Also what build/traits?

The above would be based on 35% survivability and 65% dps, or even 40% survivability and 60% dps.

One thing i forgot to mention is because of my Tunnel Vision i do sometimes not even remember that i can use Signets, My eyes/brain is just focused on weapon moves and the enemy…cry

Regards

Quad

in Warrior

Posted by: LONGA.1652

LONGA.1652

I would say that drop the Vit from your set and get precision. With more crit you get things down a little faster plus you have acces with on Crit sigil which better than on swap or on kill for most occasion.

in Warrior

Posted by: Sin.1628

Sin.1628

Due to your tunnel vision a full sinets build is probably best as even the passive stats are nice. Whilst leveling I would not worry too much about your set up. I would opt for a greatsword and rifle and pick up whatever you can armour wise along the way. I played a glass canon build leveling with signets just to keep things simple whilst learning to play. Once you reach 80 you may want to adjust this for dungeons ad signets get a bit of a bad rep as not contributing but for now should hrlp you out. Use rifle at range then switch to gs when they get close.

in Warrior

Quad.1695

Think i will change my body armor from: Toughness & Vitality too level 50 Ravaging set (+30 Precision +41 Condition Damage) with same runes and change signets too:

Healing Signet+Dolyak Signet+For Great Justice+Endure Pain+Signet of Rage.

Gonna see how that goes.

in Warrior

Posted by: naphack.9346

naphack.9346

Drop that rifle till you are level 80. It just isn’t worth it. Even on 80, it’s still rather lackluster. It’s a nice dueling weapon and good against bosses(ranged and high dps, can pierce through trash mobs and thus always reach the boss) but for any other purpose, it just doesn’t cut it.
So you either grab a greatsword or hammer to deal with the trash mobs and keep the rifle(a sword just won’t do well with a rifle at this point of the game. Trust me, I tried) or you switch to a different build.
I recently brought my warrior to 80 using sword+war horn, coupled with a long bow.
I simply like the war horn, you can drop it for any other off-hand weapon, seriously. My point is simply that when it comes to levelling, the ranged weapon of choice is the long bow. While your damage against single targets may not be as high as with the rifle, you can blast out a friggin huge flame field which deals loads of damage, then pop it with a blast finisher for AoE might. You can then use the combo field for burning effects on your arrows or switch to sword and leap through for a fire shield.

As I said, the warhorn is optional. I simply love getting around fast. If you don’t like the warhorn, grab a shield for some blocking action or a mace for some mace to face conversations.

The only crime, turrets committed, is being good against the celestial meta.
The mob has spoken and the turrets shall be burnt at the stake.