Nerf Warrior Damage.

Nerf Warrior Damage.

in Warrior

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

Please nerf one hundred blades and add more boons like protection to the class so we can survive a fight. Also make us more mobile.

If our high damage is making us not want to be buffed and actually viable, then please nerf our damage and add some defense. Make our attacks more mobile so a dodge roll and aegis and blinds won’t completely negate some of our attacks damage.

Give us a reason to use adrenaline and gain adrenaline stacks. There is nothing that gives us anything when we get stacks of adrenaline, but there are traits that give us more stacks? Why? Have us deal additional damage or heal every time we get a stack of adrenaline and give us a reason to use burst.

Here is a fun trait that I just came up with in 5 seconds:
Blind Retribution: Heal whenever your blinded.

Turtle’s Defense: Gain Protection for 2 seconds when crippled, chilled, stunned or immobilized. (5 second cool-down.)

Embrace the Pain: Gain Adrenaline and Endurance when hit.

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

(edited by Daecollo.9578)

Nerf Warrior Damage.

in Warrior

Posted by: avexis.9047

avexis.9047

lol.. dude. what you are asking is to make warriors into gaurdians. warrior is the designated melee dps class, guardian is the designated tank/support melee class. burst skills make up 30% or more of a warriors effectiveness in battle, if you aren’t gs and you aren’t using burst, your playing the class wrong. sword, warhorn and gs have some of the highest mobility in the game as does signet of rage. you can trait in defense for an auto endure pain as well as going into shouts healing with a base 1k heal(2k with 1k healing power). mace, shield and hammer provide excellent control and defense and we have the highest health and armor pool in the game to match our unbeatable damage

lol.. dude. what you are asking is to make warriors into gaurdians. warrior is the designated melee dps class, guardian is the designated tank/support melee class. burst skills make up 30% or more of a warriors effectiveness in battle, if you aren’t gs and you aren’t using burst, your playing the class wrong. sword, warhorn and gs have some of the highest mobility in the game as does signet of rage. you can trait in defense for an auto endure pain as well as going into shouts healing with a base 1k heal(2k with 1k healing power). mace, shield and hammer provide excellent control and defense and we have the highest health and armor pool in the game to match our unbeatable damagein short: stop complaining or roll a guardian, they do much less damage but are the defensive soldier class. if you aren’t managing adrenaline and using burst skills, then you are losing out on the main and most important aspect of warriors. burst skills do the most damage, condition damage, control and overall effectiveness of any of the warrior skills.

guildwars 1 veteran|WARRIOR SMASH!

member of wvw bag farmers anonymous

Nerf Warrior Damage.

in Warrior

Posted by: avexis.9047

avexis.9047

also as far as boons, we are a damage class and do not focus on support, but there are shouts and banners that provide them, we do lack combo fields but have an abundance of finishers that interact extremely well with guardian combo fields for condition removal as well as having the utility of getting buffs and applying conditions by using the finishers intelligently, if you want to sit back and do no damage while buffing. healing, and staying alive, you should roll guardian or elementalist as these are NOT and NEVER will be the main purpose of the warrior class

guildwars 1 veteran|WARRIOR SMASH!

member of wvw bag farmers anonymous

Nerf Warrior Damage.

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

lol.. dude. what you are asking is to make warriors into gaurdians. warrior is the designated melee dps class, guardian is the designated tank/support melee class. burst skills make up 30% or more of a warriors effectiveness in battle, if you aren’t gs and you aren’t using burst, your playing the class wrong. sword, warhorn and gs have some of the highest mobility in the game as does signet of rage. you can trait in defense for an auto endure pain as well as going into shouts healing with a base 1k heal(2k with 1k healing power). mace, shield and hammer provide excellent control and defense and we have the highest health and armor pool in the game to match our unbeatable damage

lol.. dude. what you are asking is to make warriors into gaurdians. warrior is the designated melee dps class, guardian is the designated tank/support melee class. burst skills make up 30% or more of a warriors effectiveness in battle, if you aren’t gs and you aren’t using burst, your playing the class wrong. sword, warhorn and gs have some of the highest mobility in the game as does signet of rage. you can trait in defense for an auto endure pain as well as going into shouts healing with a base 1k heal(2k with 1k healing power). mace, shield and hammer provide excellent control and defense and we have the highest health and armor pool in the game to match our unbeatable damagein short: stop complaining or roll a guardian, they do much less damage but are the defensive soldier class. if you aren’t managing adrenaline and using burst skills, then you are losing out on the main and most important aspect of warriors. burst skills do the most damage, condition damage, control and overall effectiveness of any of the warrior skills.

If you aren’t gs and you aren’t using burst, your playing the class wrong.

I quote this above, because this is the mentality that is holding the class back from what it could be, the great-sword needs a slight nerf in damage, especially hundred blades to be made into a more mobile attack. I could care less in PvE if it does 150k damage, in any other situation it just is worthless due to being able to be moved out of.

Nerf Warrior Damage.

in Warrior

Posted by: Brutalistik.6473

Brutalistik.6473

Even with your ideas warriors will still go down quicker than thieves. What you’re asking for is the destruction of the warrior profession. It’s not going to happen, but I do agree with ya that warriors should have some defensive boons like a guardian instead of being a thief in heavy armor w/o stealth. I also would be appreciative if they gave bunker warriors more flavor than being a regen machine with not much passive condition removal skills.

I know greatsword weapon does a lot of damage only if you’re build for burst damage because if you aren’t. Hundred blades will hit like a wet noodle which means the warrior is gimping themselves.

Here’s a question for ya OP.
Do you really think warriors have high damage output using these weapons besides Main hand axe, Greatsword and Rifle?

• DW sword or MH sword/ shield or Offhand Axe
  • DW mace or MH mace / shield or Offhand Axe
  • Longbow
  • Hammer

Yes or no and can they stay on their target under tough conditions?

Pineapples

Nerf Warrior Damage.

in Warrior

Posted by: SwickHobo.5096

SwickHobo.5096

Fail idea is fail.

Nerf Warrior Damage.

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

Even with your ideas warriors will still go down quicker than thieves. What you’re asking for is the destruction of the warrior profession. It’s not going to happen, but I do agree with ya that warriors should have some defensive boons like a guardian instead of being a thief in heavy armor w/o stealth. I also would be appreciative if they gave bunker warriors more flavor than being a regen machine with not much passive condition removal skills.

I know greatsword weapon does a lot of damage only if you’re build for burst damage because if you aren’t. Hundred blades will hit like a wet noodle which means the warrior is gimping themselves.

Do you really think warriors have high damage output using these weapons besides Main hand axe, Greatsword and Rifle?

• Longbow
  • Hammer

There is no reason to use those weapons, because Greatsword/Axe/Shield overtops all of them, S MH is only good for mobility.

Nerf Warrior Damage.

in Warrior

Posted by: Scoobaniec.9561

Scoobaniec.9561

Ah Daecollo…coming back to buy some tournies? Nerf hb? Everything is ok with u? U simply dont know a jack about warrior, otherwise u would know that its does slighty highter dmg than reg hits, if u want to nerf it u can remove that skill for good as well.

Seriously stop making ur threads about ur “great suggestion” 100x per week and go back to buy some tournies.

Nerf Warrior Damage.

in Warrior

Brutalistik.6473

• Longbow
  • Hammer

There is no reason to use those weapons, because Greatsword/Axe/Shield overtops all of them, S MH is only good for mobility.

If that’s how you truly view it then carry on xD

Pineapples

Nerf Warrior Damage.

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

Ah Daecollo…coming back to buy some tournies? Nerf hb? Everything is ok with u? U simply dont know a jack about warrior, otherwise u would know that its does slighty highter dmg than reg hits, if u want to nerf it u can remove that skill for good as well.

Seriously stop making ur threads about ur “great suggestion” 100x per week and go back to buy some tournies.

Maybe I would take you seriously if you knew how to spell.

Nerf Warrior Damage.

in Warrior

Scoobaniec.9561

Once u learn how to talk in my own language, come back. Also its time to learn warrior class a bit, less time on forums, more ingame k? No matter how bad i speak i can fight on my own, not buying wins in tpvp..

Nerf Warrior Damage.

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

Once u learn how to talk in my own language, come back. Also its time to learn warrior class a bit, less time on forums, more ingame k? No matter how bad i speak i can fight on my own, not buying wins in tpvp..

Thanks for the advice.

Nerf Warrior Damage.

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

• Longbow
  • Hammer

If that’s how you truly view it then carry on xD

Longbow is pretty good though.

Nerf Warrior Damage.

in Warrior

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

Anyway Daecollo spends or did spend a good amount of time on the thief forums also. Some times I could agree with his suggestions sometimes not.

They aren’t arent going to take something away with out giving something. The GS is a good weapon and like Anet has said many many many times they want to look at ways to buff other weapon sets to make them appealing. The same thing they said with thief. They want to make P/P better etc. I can’t see them nerfing 100bs thats such a kiddie move.

You can only land it after someone has blown everything they have and if they have any kind of access to vigor it wont be long before they can dodge out of it again leaving as a sitting duck. 100bs is situational just as situational as killshot or many of the other skills. 100bs is not even close to a iwin button I just dont see it.

100bs only gets landed for full damage on noobs, people not paying attention, people that have blown every cd they have and have no endurance even then you have to be inside them since they can walk out of it, people rezzing (see not paying attention) other warriors, guardians (because they want you to eat that retaliation damage)

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

(edited by oZii.2864)

Nerf Warrior Damage.

in Warrior

Posted by: Forestgreen.7981

Forestgreen.7981

I would love if they made it so warrior’ burst skill grants condition immunity for 3 seconds since it’ll add alot of dynamic game plays around this rather than the current situation where all warriors just run around with full adrenaline bar.

Doing this gives the warrior good high and low threats rather than be a walking free kill when other classes just outsustain or perma chill/cripple them into oblivion.

Nerf Warrior Damage.

in Warrior

Posted by: Seveleniumus.5973

Seveleniumus.5973

I would love if they made it so warrior’ burst skill grants condition immunity for 3 seconds since it’ll add alot of dynamic game plays around this rather than the current situation where all warriors just run around with full adrenaline bar.

Doing this gives the warrior good high and low threats rather than be a walking free kill when other classes just outsustain or perma chill/cripple them into oblivion.

Well you can use shouts + runes of soldier, that’s 3 condition removals you can get every ~25/30 secs (shake it off now removes 2 conditions) + another condition removal if you take that healing skill.

Nerf Warrior Damage.

in Warrior

Brutalistik.6473

Well you can use shouts + runes of soldier, that’s 3 condition removals you can get every ~25/30 secs (shake it off now removes 2 conditions) + another condition removal if you take that healing skill.

Those are long cool downs while other professions have it shorter due to passive traits or skills not relying on shout runes. That also limits warriors potential if they need a shout runes to get rid of conditions.

Pineapples

Nerf Warrior Damage.

in Warrior

Posted by: fost.9167

fost.9167

HB only really gets new players to the game… most people have worked out how to avoid it

Nerf Warrior Damage.

in Warrior

Posted by: Olba.5376

Olba.5376

Those are long cool downs while other professions have it shorter due to passive traits or skills not relying on shout runes. That also limits warriors potential if they need a shout runes to get rid of conditions.

By traits, do you mean stuff like Purity? Because at worst, Purity means you’re forced to take 9 seconds of the condition before it gets removed. Same is true for the signets that have a passive removal.

If you want to talk good condition removal, look at Shadow’s Embrace. But the awesomeness is mostly due to Initiative, which at worst means taking 4 seconds of that condition damage.

And a random removal of conditions is far inferior to an on-cue removal.

Oh, and if you want to talk condition removal, go Quick Breathing with a Warhorn.

And honestly, I don’t think that using the Soldier runes is such a horrible, horrible thing. The damage that you can gain from your runes pales in comparison to the damage you can get from the rest of your gear.

And I have to agree, 100 blades only works in favorable conditions. Your opponent is distracted, a noob, doesn’t use a removal/stability/immunity.

Seriously, anyone who says that some specific weapon is “useless” is pretty much bound to be wrong. The only exception I can think of is Axe/Sword, so I’ll leave it to someone else to come up with a good use for that.

(edited by Olba.5376)

Nerf Warrior Damage.

in Warrior

Posted by: Penguin.5197

Penguin.5197

I agree with the more mobile part, I was just trying out warrior in spvp to see what all the complaining was and well.. wow they do need some help.

It may be cause I don’t play warrior often but those mes can run circles around me when Im on war

Nerf Warrior Damage.

in Warrior

Posted by: Radburn.7569

Radburn.7569

Here is a fun trait that I just came up with in 5 seconds:
Blind Retribution: Heal whenever your blinded.

Turtle’s Defense: Gain Protection for 2 seconds when crippled, chilled, stunned or immobilized. (5 second cool-down.)

Embrace the Pain: Gain Adrenaline and Endurance when hit.

I was thinking along the same lines. There are some very weak minor traits which could be revamped to help us in PvP/WvW. Turtle’s Defence & Thick Skin are terribly underwhelming and do nothing to prolong the warrior’s life. Here are some of my suggestions:

Turtle’s Defence – gain protection while stunned, chilled, crippled, knocked down ect.

Thick Skin – protection is up until you’re brought below 90% health. This would suit the name Thick skin much better.

Adrenal Health – functions the same granting health ticks every 3 seconds. Add another component that heals the player & 5 others within 600 range for an amount that scales with each stack of adrenaline when a burst ability is used. This will provide a perk for using burst abilities.

Fast Healer – change to Fast Feet granting 15% movement bonus. (warrior’s sprint stacks, but only when using melee still) Swap this with Determined revival making it more accessible to builds.

Reviver’s Might – change to Reviver’s boon which heals both players & grants protection for 3 seconds when you revive an ally.

Swap Versatile Rage and Fast hands making fast hands more accessible to builds. It is a very good minor trait that should be easier to obtain.

Reckless Dodge – grants vigor for 10 seconds after you dodge.

(edited by Radburn.7569)

Nerf Warrior Damage.

in Warrior

Brutalistik.6473

By traits, do you mean stuff like Purity? Because at worst, Purity means you’re forced to take 9 seconds of the condition before it gets removed. Same is true for the signets that have a passive removal.

If you want to talk good condition removal, look at Shadow’s Embrace. But the awesomeness is mostly due to Initiative, which at worst means taking 4 seconds of that condition damage.

And a random removal of conditions is far inferior to an on-cue removal.

Oh, and if you want to talk condition removal, go Quick Breathing with a Warhorn.

And honestly, I don’t think that using the Soldier runes is such a horrible, horrible thing. The damage that you can gain from your runes pales in comparison to the damage you can get from the rest of your gear..

As I said before it limits warriors potential so warriors are better off with some other profession cleansing their conditions because fighting against those professions that can apply it repeatedly makes our condition removal system useless. If they’re condition build that is.

I know what you’re saying, but that’s the warrior mechanic dealing with conditions overall. Having passive condition removal traits on top of warhorn weapon gives a helping hand for warriors.

Pineapples

Nerf Warrior Damage.

in Warrior

Olba.5376

Turtle’s Defence – gain protection while stunned, chilled, crippled, knocked down ect.

Thick Skin – protection is up until you’re brought below 90% health. This would suit the name Thick skin much better.

Way overpowered.

10% of your HP, but since you’re only taking 33% of all damage, that means the enemies actually have to deal damage worth 30% of your HP. That plus the original 90% comes to a total of 120%. So you want a trait that gives the highest hp class in the game a +20% hp boost? For 5 points into a trait line? Are you nuts?

Swap Versatile Rage and Fast hands making fast hands more accessible to builds. It is a very good minor trait that should be easier to obtain.

Ok, now you’re just trolling. Fast Hands is not “a very good minor trait”, it’s “a freaking awesome minor trait”. Putting it at 5 points would be like putting Forceful Greatsword or Quick Breathing or Vigorous Shouts at 5 points.

Oh come on. Another 5 point trait that you want to give a ridiculous boost? Do you realize that in 10 seconds with Vigor, you will regenerate a full endurance bar?

Nerf Warrior Damage.

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

I agree that is kind of overpowered. Lol.

Nerf Warrior Damage.

in Warrior

Posted by: Radburn.7569

Radburn.7569

Way overpowered.

10% of your HP, but since you’re only taking 33% of all damage, that means the enemies actually have to deal damage worth 30% of your HP. That plus the original 90% comes to a total of 120%. So you want a trait that gives the highest hp class in the game a +20% hp boost? For 5 points into a trait line? Are you nuts?

Ok, now you’re just trolling. Fast Hands is not “a very good minor trait”, it’s “a freaking awesome minor trait”. Putting it at 5 points would be like putting Forceful Greatsword or Quick Breathing or Vigorous Shouts at 5 points.

Oh come on. Another 5 point trait that you want to give a ridiculous boost? Do you realize that in 10 seconds with Vigor, you will regenerate a full endurance bar?

What makes you think trait placement was based on how good the trait is? There are plenty of XI & XII traits that are worse than I,II,III,IV,V,VI Traits. I was under the impression the traits were placed the way they are to restrict certain builds. Its quite clear that warriors have been shackled too tight with these restrictions and their suffering for it in wvw/pvp. If you think moving fast hands up a tier is over powered because it is a better trait than versatile rage than I say you’re nuts, a troll or someone who does not want to see warriors improved.

As for my proposal to Thick skin, most warriors have around 20-26k health. Thats 2000-2600 dmg that needs to be done to get below 90%. Granted 33% dmg mitigation with high armor could make it a kitten to dmg through those 2-2.6 k health. Easy fix, place this trait in the 3rd minor trait slot placing it deep into defense. Now you limit it to bunker builds. Currently you can go 30 defense + 30 tactics and there is absolutely nothing bunker about it. Its depressing how fast we die with our full “defensive” build.

Nerf Warrior Damage.

in Warrior

Brutalistik.6473

Way overpowered.

Not an overpowered trait boon at all especially to condition builds or skills / sigils that take boons away. If anything it’s making the warrior profession a hey hit me profession.

Gaining protection boon with the trait Turtle Defense while under those effects is okay, but I know it won’t be up all the time cause it’ll need a cool down so like every 15 or 30 seconds this can activate.

I sometimes get protection boon when I trait for warhorn specialty Quick breathing. It’s okay but it won’t make you immortal or anything. Just a few more seconds to live before you go down depending what warrior build you are.

Pineapples

Nerf Warrior Damage.

in Warrior

Posted by: TheGuy.3568

TheGuy.3568

First off OP no just No! We are one of the most mobile classes there is just use sword and GS and you’ll out run everyone even an ele. As far as surviving fights outside pure condition speced anything we are ok.

As far as 100B goes if you are trying to land it on a player don’t worry about getting every hit. Use leg specialist and land what you can and move on. Its about pressure not big numbers only. Fact is most experienced players wont get caught in 100 blades but few can avoid it entirely. Use your sword as a gap close and use your burst to immobilize and you keep dong this. The point is that even eating 1/3 or 100B is still eating 1/3 of 100B.

What we need is better condition management and that about it. If you are having issues with physical defense it’s you or your build.

Kor The Cold Heart War
Wrekkes-Engineer Kore Rok Thief-Asraithe-Ele

Nerf Warrior Damage.

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

First off OP no just No! We are one of the most mobile classes there is just use sword and GS and you’ll out run everyone even an ele. As far as surviving fights outside pure condition speced anything we are ok.

As far as 100B goes if you are trying to land it on a player don’t worry about getting every hit. Use leg specialist and land what you can and move on. Its about pressure not big numbers only. Fact is most experienced players wont get caught in 100 blades but few can avoid it entirely. Use your sword as a gap close and use your burst to immobilize and you keep dong this. The point is that even eating 1/3 or 100B is still eating 1/3 of 100B.

What we need is better condition management and that about it. If you are having issues with physical defense it’s you or your build.

You say we are mobile, but our attacks are the easiest in the game to avoid. If you mean running away? Sure, if we don’t get one cripple or chill on us.

Nerf Warrior Damage.

in Warrior

Posted by: Jzaku.9765

Jzaku.9765

“We are one of the most mobile classes, just funnel every single warrior into using this very specific weaponset choking all build diversity”

Nerf Warrior Damage.

in Warrior

Scoobaniec.9561

Things we need is vigor, weakness, confusion, retaliation, block, evade across every wep, yep..even on gs, and maybe a pull on stuff like mace, axe which has 0 mobility. Once that its done its should help us a bit.

Protection is great but olny on paper – with lack of sustain its useless, its more likely a delay before u die

To they guy above..i would love to see u how mobile u r once i perma cripple u

(edited by Scoobaniec.9561)

Nerf Warrior Damage.

in Warrior

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

Sounds like you want to be a Ranger.

They have just as much, if not more, mobility, they’ve got condition removals sprinkled about, have good survival options with defensive boons like protection, stability and naturally high endurance recovery, evades built into their attacks and can still rain pain from a good distance when not in melee.

Nerf Warrior Damage.

in Warrior

Posted by: TheGuy.3568

TheGuy.3568

“We are one of the most mobile classes, just funnel every single warrior into using this very specific weaponset choking all build diversity”

Ok…. so what class doesn’t have to do that? Ele its DD, Thief Shortbow, and ranger GS or Sword. Everyone else doesn’t even have kittening option. So what was your point again?

We have the most diverse weapon sets of any class so cut the BS because we are fine in that area. At least all our weapons are useful. If you want mobility stop acting like children and equip a sword like every other class has to.

I mean seriously what was your point again?

You say we are mobile, but our attacks are the easiest in the game to avoid. If you mean running away? Sure, if we don’t get one cripple or chill on us.

If you have issue landing hits in melee might I suggest our 2 very viable ranged options. Or perhaps use your cripples and immobilizes as I suggested in my first post.

To they guy above..i would love to see u how mobile u r once i perma cripple u

Please note, "What we need is better condition management and that about it. "

I swear people here don’t read.

Kor The Cold Heart War
Wrekkes-Engineer Kore Rok Thief-Asraithe-Ele

(edited by TheGuy.3568)

Nerf Warrior Damage.

in Warrior

Posted by: Grounder.7381

Grounder.7381

i wonder what will happen to warrior if anet nerf their dmg, with little to nothing to give back as compensations..

Nerf Warrior Damage.

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

I am asking for them to nerf our burst damage, that way we will get good traits as compensation. Such as condition removal (minor.) or some protection.

Nerf Warrior Damage.

in Warrior

Brutalistik.6473

I am asking for them to nerf our burst damage, that way we will get good traits as compensation. Such as condition removal (minor.) or some protection.

That would be the destruction of the warrior profession and you know they wouldn’t nerf warriors alone. They would nerf all professions so they can balance out with each other.

Pineapples

Nerf Warrior Damage.

in Warrior

Olba.5376

So essentially you want to turn the Warrior into a Guardian.

Nerf Warrior Damage.

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

So essentially you want to turn the Warrior into a Guardian.

How would that turn warriors into a guardian? They are entirely different classes. Warriors should not get the condition removal they do, but they should atleast get something to give them survivability, you might as well say “OMG, so your turning Warrior into Ranger?” or X class.

Nerf Warrior Damage.

in Warrior

Posted by: daver.8324

daver.8324

Only things I would change with the warrior is buff the healing abilities a bit to heal at least 50% of our hp. Right now most of my activity has been filled with thoughts of ‘I should probably ask a guildmate for a healer’.

It would probably screw everything up but right now, the only viable route seems to be kill before I get killed.

Nerf Warrior Damage.

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

Only things I would change with the warrior is buff the healing abilities a bit to heal at least 50% of our hp. Right now most of my activity has been filled with thoughts of ‘I should probably ask a guildmate for a healer’.

It would probably screw everything up but right now, the only viable route seems to be kill before I get killed.

Which is fine and all for pve, mobs don’t move/blind/dodge/use there brain.

Nerf Warrior Damage.

in Warrior

oZii.2864

We just need some tweaks to things like rush, a bit of help with movement conditions. Damage wise I think we are fine as in doesn’t need a nerf to compensate so we get better traits.

We are suppose to be offensive but you still can build tanky but still kill stuff. The problem is the classes that hurt us the most just have tools for sustain. Thats more the other classes balancing problems than it is the warriors problems.

I can get on my thief and have little to no problem with just about every class I come across thats not the warriors issue.

Whats better for the game as a whole is to bring some other classes up instead of nerfing classes to bring them down. Some need a few tweaks for sure.

I think a boost to the heals, maybe a boost to warriors sprint cause 10% is kinda crappy. 20% would be better when you add in our swiftness. Probably a tweak to shrug it off for 2 or 3 conditions to make it appealing. The strongest classes have good passive condi removal and sustained. They also have various tricks too. Teleports, invisibility, invulnerability, cripples or freezes that can affect kiting, caltrops, line and ring of warding.

The warrior is more straight forward with no gimmicks if you wanna call them that. I don’t want to see any changes that make the warrior not seem like a warrior anymore.

Our best get out of jail card is endure pain which says Im still here taking no physical damage but I am still here. I would argue that balance stance>endure pain. A tweak to endure to make it no damage at all to include condition damage or have it wipe wouldn’t be op and help alot.

{Thief}

Nerf Warrior Damage.

in Warrior

Posted by: Hobocop.1508

Hobocop.1508

Warriors are plenty mobile as is. What’s lacking is the ability to deal with movement impairing conditions like cripple and chill, especially with how spammable those tend to be.

Really is a kitten take when a cripple/chill completely gimps the distance you’d otherwise gain on any of our mobility skills.

Nerf Warrior Damage.

in Warrior

Posted by: Kichwas.7152

Kichwas.7152

Please nerf one hundred blades and add more boons like protection to the class so we can survive a fight. Also make us more mobile.

Funny, I go into dungeons all the time with toughness stacking, a hammer, and some shouts and banners – and I can frontline and hold aggro better than most.

If you want to be more “survivable” – make a survivor build.

Don’t go in with a ‘DPS glass canon’ and then get made when you faceplant.

What’s lacking is the ability to deal with movement impairing conditions like cripple and chill, especially with how spammable those tend to be.

Mending, Shake it Off, Balanced Stance, Dolyak Signet, Battle Standard.

http://kichwas.wordpress.com/ – GW2 Blog Presenting the Opposing View
JAH Bless – Equal Rights and Justice for all.
Justice And Honor – Tarnished Coast.

(edited by Kichwas.7152)

Nerf Warrior Damage.

in Warrior

Posted by: Hobocop.1508

Hobocop.1508

What’s lacking is the ability to deal with movement impairing conditions like cripple and chill, especially with how spammable those tend to be.

Mending, Shake it Off, Balanced Stance, Dolyak Signet, Battle Standard.

Why would you even bother listing skills that grant stability when stability doesn’t do ANYTHING vs cripple or chill? Battle Standard is a complete joke because its entirely too cumbersome to even use for stability purposes and the stability doesn’t even last long enough to make it worth the effort. They STILL haven’t fixed the tooltip/skill, because the stupid thing doesn’t passively grant stability like the tooltip implies, only swiftness/might/fury.

Mending and Shake it Off help, but not enough in the face of ultra-spammy capability of cripples and chills, not to mention all of the other trash condition spam you have to work through in order to even GET to the ones causing the most problems.

Nerf Warrior Damage.

in Warrior

Posted by: timecookie.8570

timecookie.8570

Warriors are plenty mobile as is. What’s lacking is the ability to deal with movement impairing conditions like cripple and chill, especially with how spammable those tend to be.

Really is a kitten take when a cripple/chill completely gimps the distance you’d otherwise gain on any of our mobility skills.

Lol man play PvP with your warrior and get everything you can get against them. I assure you will lack ways to counter it. Removing something that is continuously applied is not effective unless you gain Immunity to it.

Give us a reason to use adrenaline and gain adrenaline stacks. There is nothing that gives us anything when we get stacks of adrenaline, but there are traits that give us more stacks? Why? Have us deal additional damage or heal every time we get a stack of adrenaline and give us a reason to use burst.

Because burst skills give 50% endurance.

Nerf Warrior Damage.

in Warrior

oZii.2864

I think what some people want is a awesome passive condition removal like remove a condition in stealth. Shrug it off seems good just make it 2 condition cd to 15-20 secs.

I don’t know why ppl don’t use burst maybe that’s a pve thing. The greatsword skill I understand but eviscerate is a game changer. Do people want some kind of spammy attack or something? 10k damage attack every 10 secs is enough to make want to use it.

{Thief}

(edited by oZii.2864)

Nerf Warrior Damage.

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

Lol man play PvP with your warrior and get everything you can get against them. I assure you will lack ways to counter it. Removing something that is continuously applied is not effective unless you gain Immunity to it.

Because burst skills give 50% endurance.

That is kind of like saying for thief: Dodging grants 3 swiftness!
Healing grants 10 vigor!

Its not practical, you cannot spam your abilities just for endurance. It isn’t worth the loss of stats either. You have to use your adrenaline at the right time, you can’t just spam it for endurance, that is horrible gameplay.

Nerf Warrior Damage.

in Warrior

Posted by: Empiren.6401

Empiren.6401

PLEASE NERF HUNDRED BLADES

Because its hardly a threat.

Nerf Warrior Damage.

in Warrior

oZii.2864

2 secs of swiftness isn’t long but it helps and it also fits with the thief. We do damage at the end of a dodge roll minor trait and it can crit for more than 1k. You save your burst for the right time but saving it also gives you benefits. Since ppl are into comparing classes. That’s like a thief getting +12 damage while steal is on cool down!

{Thief}

Nerf Warrior Damage.

in Warrior

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

You have to use your adrenaline at the right time, you can’t just spam it for endurance, that is horrible gameplay.

Using a burst skill when you have no dodges and weakness stacked on you sounds like a ‘right time’ to me. I think you just don’t want to acknowledge that Warriors have a means of quickly replenishing endurance.

Nerf Warrior Damage.

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

You have to use your adrenaline at the right time, you can’t just spam it for endurance, that is horrible gameplay.

Using a burst skill when you have no dodges and weakness stacked on you sounds like a ‘right time’ to me. I think you just don’t want to acknowledge that Warriors have a means of quickly replenishing endurance.

Lol. Its no wonder most warriors are horrible. You have no idea what i’m talking about. Its even worse because your wasting your skills. You should use burst at the right time, which means it might be when your endurance is half, or even full.