Nerf Warrior Damage.

Nerf Warrior Damage.

in Warrior

Posted by: Merendel.7128

Merendel.7128

burst skills make up 30% or more of a warriors effectiveness in battle, if you aren’t gs and you aren’t using burst, your playing the class wrong.

I agree with most of your post but I only accept this with the stipulation that you need to be using the burst of your other weapon. GS burst is pretty bad, not particularly high damage and its easy to get furry from other sources. I’d frankly perfer to trait for adrenal based damage boosts than use the GS burst.

Now axe or hammer burst… mmhmm goodness.

Nerf Warrior Damage.

in Warrior

Posted by: Veldan.4637

Veldan.4637

Warriors are plenty mobile as is. What’s lacking is the ability to deal with movement impairing conditions like cripple and chill

I see this a lot, and find it funny. I have no trouble at all of dealing with these. You have:

- trait in the power line that makes your heal skill remove chill, cripple, immobilize, weakness
- the well known mobile strikes trait
- warhorn skill that removes chill, cripple and immobilize

And then there’s still shake it off and a signet for general condition removal, although that’s less reliable. But the above 3 are just enough imo. Appearently you disagree, so what would you suggest?

Nerf Warrior Damage.

in Warrior

Posted by: Ozzrel.9825

Ozzrel.9825

- trait in the power line that makes your heal skill remove chill, cripple, immobilize, weakness
- the well known mobile strikes trait
- warhorn skill that removes chill, cripple and immobilize

While mobile strikes trait is good, the other two are average at best. Blowing you heal just to remove a cripple (rather than, you know, actually heal) will probably just get you killed faster, while the warhorn skills are slow, and while using them you aren’t applying any pressure (which is the only way you can ever hope to survive as warrior).

Nerf Warrior Damage.

in Warrior

Posted by: Jonny.9370

Jonny.9370

Give us a reason to use adrenaline and gain adrenaline stacks. There is nothing that gives us anything when we get stacks of adrenaline, but there are traits that give us more stacks? Why? Have us deal additional damage or heal every time we get a stack of adrenaline and give us a reason to use burst.

Berserker’s Power gives more power per adrenaline bar, Heightened Focus increases crit per adrenaline bar, Adrenal Health regens ~300 hp at max adrenaline, Healing Surge’s heal is increased by current adrenaline levels and increases it back to max, GS burst skill gives fury for 15 seconds on use, sword burst provides a 4s immobilize, Longbow burst puts out a large fire field, Mace burst gives a 2 sec stun, Rifle burst has possibly the absolute highest single attack damage in the game at full adrenaline with wvw crits on glass 80s reaching over 15k in a SINGLE, ranged hit, unlike 100b which is a channelled, self-rooting melee attack that requires every hit to land to reach its full potential. It can also have the same cooldown as well if u have a lot of adrenaline regen…

I stopped reading after the above quote since clearly there are MANY uses for adrenaline stacks and burst skills already, even though many of them may not be worth the adrenaline they use due the traits Berserker’s Power and Heightened Focus.

Need a reason to use burst? Longbow AoE fire is great against pesky stealth thieves.

Got a runner, say the same thief is hiding in refuge? Use Hammer burst to close the gap and knock him down and follow it up with hammer 4 to knock him out of it.

Need to snare someone? Use Sword burst for the 4s immob, then swap to your GS and hundred blade him down.

Someone casting a powerful ability? Try a mace stun.

Need a quick high power attack? Eviscerate.

Need fury for what ever reason? GS burst.

Someone is nearly dead and running away? Killshot the coward.

Again, lots of uses, some of which can be tied into other abilities to make powerful combos(see sword snare+100blades).

(edited by Jonny.9370)

Nerf Warrior Damage.

in Warrior

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

Give us a reason to use adrenaline and gain adrenaline stacks. There is nothing that gives us anything when we get stacks of adrenaline, but there are traits that give us more stacks? Why? Have us deal additional damage or heal every time we get a stack of adrenaline and give us a reason to use burst.

Berserker’s Power gives more power per adrenaline bar, Heightened Focus increases crit per adrenaline bar, Adrenal Health regens ~300 hp at max adrenaline, Healing Surge’s heal is increased by current adrenaline levels and increases it back to max, GS burst skill gives fury for 15 seconds on use, sword burst provides a 4s immobilize, Longbow burst puts out a large fire field, Mace burst gives a 2 sec stun, Rifle burst has possibly the absolute highest single attack damage in the game at full adrenaline with wvw crits on glass 80s reaching over 15k in a SINGLE, ranged hit, unlike 100b which is a channelled, self-rooting melee attack that requires every hit to land to reach its full potential. It can also have the same cooldown as well if u have a lot of adrenaline regen…

I stopped reading after the above quote since clearly there are MANY uses for adrenaline stacks and burst skills already, even though many of them may not be worth the adrenaline they use due the traits Berserker’s Power and Heightened Focus.

Need a reason to use burst? Longbow AoE fire is great against pesky stealth thieves.

Got a runner, say the same thief is hiding in refuge? Use Hammer burst to close the gap and knock him down and follow it up with hammer 4 to knock him out of it.

Need to snare someone? Use Sword burst for the 4s immob, then swap to your GS and hundred blade him down.

Someone casting a powerful ability? Try a mace stun.

Need a quick high power attack? Eviscerate.

Need fury for what ever reason? GS burst.

Someone is nearly dead and running away? Killshot the coward.

Again, lots of uses, some of which can be tied into other abilities to make powerful combos(see sword snare+100blades).

I never said burst was useless, there should be more incentive to not /hold it/ just for the 12% Damage, 9% Critical Chance.

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

Nerf Warrior Damage.

in Warrior

Posted by: miniL.7361

miniL.7361

Start with nerfing the bloody longbow, #3 skill blasts 10K hp easy with a nice build and even on hybrids. Now remove the aoe, or drop the damage and add that to the bloody ranger longbow who should have skills like that on a bloody bow!

Nerf Warrior Damage.

in Warrior

Posted by: Brutalistik.6473

Brutalistik.6473

Start with nerfing the bloody longbow, #3 skill blasts 10K hp easy with a nice build and even on hybrids. Now remove the aoe, or drop the damage and add that to the bloody ranger longbow who should have skills like that on a bloody bow!

Your issue is defense on that issue and adding that skill to rangers going to nerf their playstyle. I say they should buff the range of warriors longbow instead of traiting for it.

Pineapples

Nerf Warrior Damage.

in Warrior

Posted by: pot.6805

pot.6805

Are rangers still crying for buffs? You do everything better then warrior currently, hell you even tank way better then warriors.

BeeGee
Beast mode

Nerf Warrior Damage.

in Warrior

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

Are rangers still crying for buffs? You do everything better then warrior currently, hell you even tank way better then warriors.

Wow are people really that dense?

Do everything better than Warrior? I guess that’s why people only want Warriors in their speed runs or why glass Rangers aren’t as good at sniping in WvW…because Warriors aren’t better at it?

Logic.

Nerf Warrior Damage.

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

Do everything better than Warrior? I guess that’s why people only want Warriors in their speed runs or why glass Rangers aren’t as good at sniping in WvW…because Warriors aren’t better at it?

Logic.

Um… CoF Speed runs anyone can do, and that is ONE dungeon in the entire game of content.

Because Warriors do better then any other class in ONE dungeon it means they are better then rangers?

Nerf Warrior Damage.

in Warrior

Brutalistik.6473

Logic.

That’s not logic Leo that’s just you defending rangers because he said they’re better than warriors in most cases they are. What does WvW got to do with Spvp overall? That’s two different fields because a warrior can’t take on two players at once especially if they’re bunker warrior, glass and control. For a ranger they can take on 2 or possibly 3 as a bunker build or maybe 2 as glass. Still nothing compared to a necro, mesmer and engineer bunker.

Now that’s logic because I played those professions and also seen it in action. A bunker warrior however can mostly > own every other warrior build because it’s just a warrior nothing, but a fill in slot profession.

Pineapples

Nerf Warrior Damage.

in Warrior

Leo G.4501

That’s not logic Leo that’s just you defending rangers because he said they’re better than warriors in most cases they are.

Go reread what he typed.

He said everything. That is, Rangers are better at Warrior at everything. I’m not defending Rangers, I’m pointing out hyperbole.

What does WvW got to do with Spvp overall?

And when did this thread become ‘Only Spvp’? Or how was the poster I quoted specifying “My post is only about sPvP”?

That’s two different fields because a warrior can’t take on two players at once especially if they’re bunker warrior, glass and control. For a ranger they can take on 2 or possibly 3 as a bunker build or maybe 2 as glass. Still nothing compared to a necro, mesmer and engineer bunker.

Now that’s logic because I played those professions and also seen it in action. A bunker warrior however can mostly > own every other warrior build because it’s just a warrior nothing, but a fill in slot profession.

Well, you can’t do everything better than others. Rangers are bad in zergs (which is why someone probably mentioned giving their Longbow something extra) and Warriors aren’t the go-to class for bunkering. I fail to see why you’re defending someone who’s making idiotic hyperboles. Maybe to make your case look worse and more in need of help? Meh, lots of things need help so I don’t see the purpose of a pity party.

Nerf Warrior Damage.

in Warrior

Leo G.4501

Logic.

Um… CoF Speed runs anyone can do, and that is ONE dungeon in the entire game of content.

Because Warriors do better then any other class in ONE dungeon it means they are better then rangers?

Also, a Warrior does THE BEST damage in dungeons. Period. And mostly, dungeons are about damage.

This is coming from someone who plays dungeons a lot and often builds for hybrid or support so it’s not like I’m some damage kitten, I just know what people want in Dungeons and Warriors have it.

Nerf Warrior Damage.

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

Logic.

Also, a Warrior does THE BEST damage in dungeons. Period. And mostly, dungeons are about damage.

This is coming from someone who plays dungeons a lot and often builds for hybrid or support so it’s not like I’m some damage kitten, I just know what people want in Dungeons and Warriors have it.

You obviously don’t do hard dungeons. There are other dungeons besides CoF.

Nerf Warrior Damage.

in Warrior

Leo G.4501

Logic.

Because I’m sure people are clamoring for Rangers, Necros and Engies in 40+ FotM…

What are you trying to accomplish anyway, Daeco? I mean, really?

Nerf Warrior Damage.

in Warrior

Brutalistik.6473

I know what he wrote Leo and you got offended by his ranger comment. Why else would you go on the defense? To say warriors are not to go for bunkering is saying they’re only for dps only. That’s a waste of a heavy armor profession then. Why bother putting bunker traits and skills for them?. Sorry Anet can’t do a good job on making them bunkers when they can be.

Pineapples

Nerf Warrior Damage.

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

Logic.

Because I’m sure people are clamoring for Rangers, Necros and Engies in 40+ FotM…

Rangers/Necros/Engineers are amazing in Fractals. Especially since they gave there pets agony resistance.

Maybe you should talk about a class that actually ISN’T wanted in fractals, like thief.

Nerf Warrior Damage.

in Warrior

Leo G.4501

To say warriors are not to go for bunkering is saying they’re only for dps only.

Who said that?

Nerf Warrior Damage.

in Warrior

Leo G.4501

Logic.

Rangers/Necros/Engineers are amazing in Fractals. Especially since they gave there pets agony resistance.

Maybe you should talk about a class that actually ISN’T wanted in fractals, like thief.

Now I know you don’t know what you’re talking about. Thief has good damage and come with the utility of skipping chunks of content.

Nerf Warrior Damage.

in Warrior

Brutalistik.6473

To say warriors are not to go for bunkering is saying they’re only for dps only.

Who said that?

That’s what you’re implying buddy.

Pineapples

Nerf Warrior Damage.

in Warrior

Leo G.4501

Who said that?

That’s called ‘jumping to conclusions’.

Back when Daeco made a billion threads about improving Warrior sustain options, I was also posting ideas to help…until he started posting a billion more and I just gave up.

Nerf Warrior Damage.

in Warrior

Brutalistik.6473

Who said that?

That’s called ‘jumping to conclusions’.

Back when Daeco made a billion threads about improving Warrior sustain options, I was also posting ideas to help…until he started posting a billion more and I just gave up.

My focus is on Structured pvp in general. Why did you say bunkering isn’t for warriors? This may help out Anet to get an idea on how to make one instead leaving warriors as a fill in slot for pvp.

Pineapples

Nerf Warrior Damage.

in Warrior

Posted by: pot.6805

pot.6805

My post was also based around pvp, I didn’t make that clear enough so my bad on that. I don’t really do PvE anymore except for Monthlies since I got the armor I wanted but I’m experienced with doing the dungeons etc. I used to do dungeon runs with 2 rangers and we had no problems and did very fast runs. CoF p1 farming is 1 path for 1 dungeon that warriors excel in, mainly because every boss just sits there and eats 100b. Most other dungeons are way more unforgivable to melee then cof p1. I can’t wait till they split the abilities so we can stop discussing dungeons when we talk about balance.

Regardless, by better at “everything” I was referring to roles in pvp. You do CC better, you do bunker/point defender better, you handle 1v1s better etc. Ranged focused classes like rangers, engis, necros, etc is so proficient at kiting in this game, it is king. Every warrior who has played pvp enough knows what I am talking about.

edit: So yeah I don’t take kindly to rangers coming into warriors forum acting like rangers have it bad. In my gameplay (pvp) rangers dominate warriors in every aspect. Warriors are free kills to rangers in pvp.

BeeGee
Beast mode

(edited by pot.6805)

Nerf Warrior Damage.

in Warrior

Leo G.4501

Why did you say bunkering isn’t for warriors?

I’m still asking where I said that. Implying doesn’t even mean the same thing although I wasn’t implying that either.

But then from recent interview posts with the devs, it seems how they apply balance, they take all modes of play into account, PvP, WvW and PvE. From how they (the devs) worded some of their answers, it may not be far from what the OP is asking for (that is, nerf some parts of Warrior performance to improve other parts).

Nerf Warrior Damage.

in Warrior

Brutalistik.6473

Why did you say bunkering isn’t for warriors?

I’m still asking where I said that. Implying doesn’t even mean the same thing although I wasn’t implying that either.

But then from recent interview posts with the devs, it seems how they apply balance, they take all modes of play into account, PvP, WvW and PvE. From how they (the devs) worded some of their answers, it may not be far from what the OP is asking for (that is, nerf some parts of Warrior performance to improve other parts).

As I said before that would be the destruction of the warrior profession. They have to nerf down their damage claiming that warriors can have insanely burst damage with every weapon just to get better traits. That’s a ludicrous deal, but the OP thinks it’s reasonable.

To improve warriors performance is definitely through defense than offense and you have to really play warriors consecutively to understand that view especially in where they are having trouble at.

• Spvp and mainly Tpvp

Then you will understand why I call them a fill in slot profession.

Pineapples

Nerf Warrior Damage.

in Warrior

Leo G.4501

…and SPvP isn’t the only mode of play the devs have to look at…

PS: I believe they even mentioned that mentality saying things like “And this is one thing that we’ve talked about before, which is basically we wanted to keep balance for all three major types of the game – PvE, WvW, and PvP.” Basically, they’ve been working to keep things the same across all modes of play but they have to change things now to compensate for future changes they will make.

(edited by Leo G.4501)

Nerf Warrior Damage.

in Warrior

Posted by: Redscope.6215

Redscope.6215

Logic.

Speedrunning:

• Time Warp is needed in speed runs, that’s not a warrior skill
  • Quickness got nerfed, speed runs got nerfed

Rangers ranged:

• Rangers don’t get Killshot…deal with it? (I sense…envy)
  • Trait perma-regen nature/beast and tank while your pet hits like a DPS build
  • Pets have an unlisted siege-like range

Rangers melee:

• Rangers have auto-attacks that evade
  • Rampage as One grants 20s of stability without removing your weapon skills
  • Movement skills are not hindered by cripple/chill

Rangers are currently in a much better position than warriors in PvP. Well, lets face it, ALL classes are in a much better position in PvP than the warrior. Warriors are at the bottom of the totem pole right now. The only reason you want warriors in PvE over any other class is because PvE is exceedingly simple and there are very little, if any, conditons being applied by mobs.

If the mobs moved like players and conditioned you like players, warriors would be useless in PvE as well.