Nerf mobility

Nerf mobility

in Warrior

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

OK look, warrior can keep its high hp, its high regen, its high damage, its hammer stuns, its many condition removals…but for god’s sake ANet, do they really have to be able to turn around and run away too?

I’m running a SB/GS ranger with 2 stuns, 2 cripples, 2 knockdowns, and one the best gap closers in the game…and warriors just eat it all, turn around, and savage leap away whenever they please.

What the f***

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

Nerf mobility

in Warrior

Posted by: a t s e.9614

a t s e.9614

Savage leap and hammer stuns ? If you mean the warrior has a sword on weapon swap he will deal no damage with it. There’s a huge trade off for mobility. If you run sword you sacrifice damage and cc for mobility. If you use bullcharge you sacrifice either berserker stance or stability.

Those troll – run-away warrs cant do anything trust me. Sword is the worst power weapon on a warrior. And dont forget warrior has no protection\clones\pet\stealth . We only have high HP and high regen. And greatsword mobility is easely countered with cripple\immob.

Nerf mobility

in Warrior

Posted by: Pecar.1236

Pecar.1236

omg another crying troll wtf hammer stun??? earthshaker have long animation so if you noob and cannot dodge dont play pvp. Savage leap lol lol you need target to use it when in fight and there is no other target that enemy who is near you its automatic use leap to him. and i start cry troll too: omg why thief have stupid perma stealth why they can spam blind? why mesmer only spam clones/illusions and teleport? why necromancer spam milion conditions? why engineer with tank build do big dmg with grenades and can spam big healing? why ele tank able to healing and spam dmg? every proffesion have strong side and weak side if you choose 1 build its not effective vs all proffesion build you must choose battle what can win and dont attack every enemy what see THIS IS NOT PVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nerf mobility

in Warrior

Posted by: DontJudgeMe.3958

DontJudgeMe.3958

I will refer to you to this topic, seeing as you obviously missed it.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/warrior/If-you-re-not-a-warrrior

Nerf mobility

in Warrior

Posted by: FLiP.7680

FLiP.7680

You should be asking to buff Rangers IMO. Your class sucks, and you should be ashamed for come here saying that you waste so many time playing a kitten class.

Nerf mobility

in Warrior

Posted by: Gamgee.8612

Gamgee.8612

Ranger is broken. Warrior is fine as it is, there’s a few class that needs buffing, one of them being ranger.

N I M S – Warrior of Judge Legends[JDGE]

Nerf mobility

in Warrior

Posted by: Flissy.4093

Flissy.4093

30/30/30/30/30 builds are becoming very popular – not to mention the trait that allows 4 weapon sets.

Light Up the Darkness
“Dear ANet, nerf Paper, Scissors is fine. Sincerely, Rock”
Elysaurus | Warrior | [LOL] | League of the Legendary | Gandara (EU)

Nerf mobility

in Warrior

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

Having no damage for mobility seems fine with me. He’s using one weapon slot for it. Please troll somewhere else.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

Nerf mobility

in Warrior

Posted by: Furiousbeard.7602

Furiousbeard.7602

omg another crying troll wtf hammer stun??? earthshaker have long animation so if you noob and cannot dodge dont play pvp. Savage leap lol lol you need target to use it when in fight and there is no other target that enemy who is near you its automatic use leap to him. and i start cry troll too: omg why thief have stupid perma stealth why they can spam blind? why mesmer only spam clones/illusions and teleport? why necromancer spam milion conditions? why engineer with tank build do big dmg with grenades and can spam big healing? why ele tank able to healing and spam dmg? every proffesion have strong side and weak side if you choose 1 build its not effective vs all proffesion build you must choose battle what can win and dont attack every enemy what see THIS IS NOT PVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Savage leap can be used to escape if you have nobody selected. Just sayin’

FA Soldier of Fortune – Flashypants (20,078 WvW kills) http://m.youtube.com/user/Duppa81
Roamer: 99.99% BLs / 0.01% EB

Nerf mobility

in Warrior

Posted by: sminkiottone.6972

sminkiottone.6972

Savage leap lol lol you need target to use it when in fight and there is no other target that enemy who is near you its automatic use leap to him.

Savage leap can be used to escape if you have nobody selected. Just sayin’

And remember to disable autotargeting/ melee attack assist Furiousbeard lol ( he’s probably a newbie ).

Nerf mobility

in Warrior

Posted by: Nuorus.8415

Nuorus.8415

I would like to say sword isn’t worst power weapon. It’s a hybrid weapon but the combo of f1(stop this and u get root alone) + final thrust, 5-10k dmg. Really nice. But you need to trait for it and you need to gear for it. Otherwice sword will be only a mobility tool and not a weapon.

I bet the OP doesn’t even use melee weapons as ranger. He demands very good mobility with ranged weapons? Warrior must use melee weapons to get good mobility.

Feel free to argue with me. You learn something every time and it develops your personality.

People seems using word “trolling” out of context way too often…

Nerf mobility

in Warrior

Posted by: Cufufalating.8479

Cufufalating.8479

Somewhat offtopic.. but there is something amusing about warriors thinking that their sword is a low DPS weapon, even though its AA chain does more damage than the ranger sword chain, which is our absolute highest DPS weapon.

Oh ANet your balance is funny sometimes…

Cufufalating – Ranger / Part-Time Mesmer
Gunnar’s Hold

Nerf mobility

in Warrior

Posted by: mini.6018

mini.6018

Somewhat offtopic.. but there is something amusing about warriors thinking that their sword is a low DPS weapon, even though its AA chain does more damage than the ranger sword chain, which is our absolute highest DPS weapon.

Oh ANet your balance is funny sometimes…

Even sword now OP? /facepalm

Nerf mobility

in Warrior

Posted by: Brigg.6189

Brigg.6189

Is this a troll? Id you’re running ranger GS, that’s almost double the distance of savage leap. You should have no problem catching a warrior.

Nerf mobility

in Warrior

Posted by: Rarnark.5623

Rarnark.5623

There’s a huge trade off for mobility. If you run sword you sacrifice damage and cc for mobility. If you use bullcharge you sacrifice either berserker stance or stability.

Unless your run stab+zerk stance+bulls charge. I like to run those utilities when I run axe every once in a blue moon.

Spirit Bae
Bad Boy Teenager Club [BBTC]
twitch.tv/rarnark

Nerf mobility

in Warrior

Posted by: karmaepsilon.2894

karmaepsilon.2894

Yeah I posted this elsewhere but this is my view on picking a Warrior build at the moment: " Every warrior build I look at is sacrificing something else that Warrior can do well. Direct Damage, CC, Mobility, Survivability…pick 2, maybe 3 if you’re using a Greatsword and default half decent mobility."

Nerf mobility

in Warrior

Posted by: Phillip.6485

Phillip.6485

Please nerf warriors..pleeease devs…nerf them plweease… me love you long time.

Nerf mobility

in Warrior

Posted by: tom.7468

tom.7468

Nerf mobility??? NO WAY a ele managed to run away from me ended up with me getting owned by the whole zerg when chasing , If anything NERF ELE MOBILITY!!!

Nerf mobility

in Warrior

Posted by: urieldhynne.2743

urieldhynne.2743

Warrior mobility is ok except GS#5, pretty op. 1200 range without target combined with GS#3 (same weapon)?

Make GS#5 target only and 600/900 range, that is enough to use as gap closer, and stop using it for a “Free Out of combat” mechanic, because, GS#5 (1200) GS#3 (450) and sword#2 (600) if you run 1h sword, yes, pretty op 2250 range in 3 leaps without need a target…. pretty op.

Nerf mobility

in Warrior

Harper.4173

Warrior mobility is ok except GS#5, pretty op. 1200 range without target combined with GS#3 (same weapon)?

Make GS#5 target only and 600/900 range, that is enough to use as gap closer, and stop using it for a “Free Out of combat” mechanic, because, GS#5 (1200) GS#3 (450) and sword#2 (600) if you run 1h sword, yes, pretty op 2250 range in 3 leaps without need a target…. pretty op.

If you run that you’ll be literally USELESS in combat since you have no CC and no means of holding your opponent in place to engage him.
You can ONLY run away with that spec. Why would anyone do it except to troll ? And if he’s trolling -why would it matter?

WvW is about coordinated attacks – if an opponent is running then you are winning.
sPVP is about holding points – if an opponent is running – then you are winning.

I’m going to say it again. VICTORY =/= KILL.

Nerf mobility

in Warrior

Posted by: Grebcol.5984

Grebcol.5984

this bullkitten is unbalanced like hell.i see more and more of these guys who attacks when u fight with a guard or an other enemy.when u cant kill these troll warriors they reset the fight easily.Thief had become a nerv on shortbow so why the not warrior on his charge skills range?

Nerf mobility

in Warrior

Posted by: Monoman.2068

Monoman.2068

You should be asking to buff Rangers IMO. Your class sucks, and you should be ashamed for come here saying that you waste so many time playing a kitten class.

Seconded. As a ranger owner myself, it pains me to say that I pray every night for the day Anet allows class changes. He’s going to turn into an engineer because I didn’t realize how stupid and forced the pet mechanic would be.

On the other hand, warrior has a ridiculous amount of passive gameplay going on which is blown out of proportion when you factor in the cc and mobility the class has access to. As a warrior owner myself, I struggle to find a more active play style to call my own over this cc and run for heals if it doesn’t work play style every other warrior is using.

Laviere – Hybrid Wellomancer
Makonne – Hybrid Regen Ranger

Nerf mobility

in Warrior

urieldhynne.2743

If you run that you’ll be literally USELESS in combat since you have no CC and no means of holding your opponent in place to engage him.
You can ONLY run away with that spec. Why would anyone do it except to troll ? And if he’s trolling -why would it matter?

WvW is about coordinated attacks – if an opponent is running then you are winning.
sPVP is about holding points – if an opponent is running – then you are winning.

No CC? you have a LOT of cripples with that 2 weapon, the only issue is 1h sword is better for conditions, play a guardian and tellme about “no CC to keep them in combat”

With GS#5 (target needed) and a little less range you have still a great gap closer, the same CC, but you lose the “free out of combat” so, why you complain?

GS warrior have the same “free out of combat” as light armor classes but a lot tanky, with a lot of damage and CC. That is fair?

Yes to “gap closer”
No to “free out of combat”

Nerf mobility

in Warrior

Posted by: Setun.4368

Setun.4368

No CC? you have a LOT of cripples with that 2 weapon, the only issue is 1h sword is better for conditions, play a guardian and tellme about “no CC to keep them in combat”

With GS#5 (target needed) and a little less range you have still a great gap closer, the same CC, but you lose the “free out of combat” so, why you complain?

GS warrior have the same “free out of combat” as light armor classes but a lot tanky, with a lot of damage and CC. That is fair?

Yes to “gap closer”

I do just fine on my guardian with CC….hammer / scepter + focus (or torch) can keep anyone immobilized / pinned to a specific spot for days. Just sayin’.

As for your argument as everyone else has mentioned if a warrior is using a sword or gs in their build they’re choosing to have a mobility option vs a dps-oriented or cc-oriented weapon. Basically it’s rock-paper-scissors style choosing for what you want to bring to the fight.

Nerf mobility

in Warrior

Posted by: killahmayne.9518

killahmayne.9518

Make GS#5 target only and 600/900 range, that is enough to use as gap closer, and stop using it for a "Free Out of combat" mechanic, because, GS#5 (1200) GS#3 (450) and sword#2 (600) if you run 1h sword, yes, pretty op 2250 range in 3 leaps without need a target.... pretty op.

WvW is about coordinated attacks - if an opponent is running then you are winning.
sPVP is about holding points - if an opponent is running - then you are winning.

No CC? you have a LOT of cripples with that 2 weapon, the only issue is 1h sword is better for conditions, play a guardian and tellme about "no CC to keep them in combat"

With GS#5 (target needed) and a little less range you have still a great gap closer, the same CC, but you lose the "free out of combat" so, why you complain?

GS warrior have the same "free out of combat" as light armor classes but a lot tanky, with a lot of damage and CC. That is fair?

Yes to "gap closer"
No to "free out of combat"

2 cripples is a lot? I wasn’t aware of that. Sword’s cripple only comes the 3rd chain of auto attack and greatsword has an easy to dodge cripple if you just sidestep. Cripple is one of the weaker forms of CC, stuns, knockbacks, knockdowns, chill are all much more efficient. And even if you have below average condition removal, it doesn’t take much to not half cripple for most of the duration of fights.

I wouldn’t be totally opposed to a range nerf on greatsword, maybe down to 800. Ensuring that you can’t escape using greatsword is ensuring that this weapon will never be used ever again. One of the main reasons this weapon is used is because of mobility. A greatsword needs to be paired with hard CC for it to do any meaningful damage. If you don’t have that, it just becomes a weapon for running.

Plus, I don’t even see many warriors running Sword/GS at all. What exactly is somebody accomplishing if they are just built to run away. Just ignore him and don’t feed the troll.

Mace/Greatsword Video (Sept Patch)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoAjKtD6MLY

Nerf mobility

in Warrior

urieldhynne.2743

Yes to “gap closer”

2 cripples is a lot? I wasn’t aware of that. Sword’s cripple only comes the 3rd chain of auto attack and greatsword has an easy to dodge cripple if you just sidestep. Cripple is one of the weaker forms of CC, stuns, knockbacks, knockdowns, chill are all much more efficient. And even if you have below average condition removal, it doesn’t take much to not half cripple for most of the duration of fights.

I wouldn’t be totally opposed to a range nerf on greatsword, maybe down to 800. Ensuring that you can’t escape using greatsword is ensuring that this weapon will never be used ever again. One of the main reasons this weapon is used is because of mobility. A greatsword needs to be paired with hard CC for it to do any meaningful damage. If you don’t have that, it just becomes a weapon for running.

Plus, I don’t even see many warriors running Sword/GS at all. What exactly is somebody accomplishing if they are just built to run away. Just ignore him and don’t feed the troll.

What you want? perma cripple? Play a guardian and tell me what you feel about “poor softCC”. I have the two profession both in 80 full equipped, when you play a lot without softCC as a guardian, you learn to love having at least 1 cripple.

Warrior need a adjustment in their “all in one” profession, you cant do all. Great mobility is ok, but great “out of combat mechanic”? come on, choose one. Less range and target-only is a good and reasonable change for GS#5. You dont the lose gap closer and “in combat mobility” and you can still get out of combat targeting far enemies or npc. But not with the current ease.

In the current state, with a lot of builds and profession you just CANT kill a GS warrior if they dont wanna die. If he are losing he just run away. Only with GS 450 and 1200 in 2 dash without target required is a lot of range. A LOT. Is a free-out-of-combat in only two buttons.

Nerf mobility

in Warrior

Posted by: Sollith.3502

Sollith.3502

After playing a ranger since launch until like 2 weeks ago and rerolling warrior; warriors really don’t have much to complain about. They have better overall mobility, better damage, have a mechanic that actually responds to player use, better condition removal, better passive support, better health, better armor… there really is no reason to play a ranger if you want results; about the only reason to play a ranger is for the aesthetics (As weak as it is in any real scenario, I still prefer the ranger longbow over the warrior ranged weapons).

Also, the warrior sword can do like way more damage than pretty much any of the ranger weapons (even on a good day for the pet). You can stack bleeds, cripples, have mobility and can dish out raw damage at a pace that makes rangers cry in envy (well they cry in envy at everything any halfway decent warrior can do). Throw a shield in the offhand and you have a better damaging more reliable version of the ranger GS (even with the mobility difference).

Sure you can dodge like crazy with the ranger sword, but in a game where stacks of conditions and raw damage are easily spammed it really doesn’t help them for long.

I mean even taking a look at comparable condition removal traits/skills:

Warrior – Cleansing Ire

• 20 points
  • no hard cool down
  • removes up to three conditions
  • Player control on when it’s used

Ranger – Empathic Bond

• 30 points
  • kills your pet and only works while pets are alive (think of it as if your adrenaline was on cool down for like 48-60 seconds just for using Cleansing Ire)
  • hard cool down of 10 seconds
  • procs 1 time every 10 seconds (then a 10 second cool down, even if it removed zero conditions); random, hope for the best, heart of the cards guide me, may the force be with you, gg.

They aren’t meant to be equal, but there is clearly a difference in balance once you start playing around and comparing skills that have parallels such as these two; pets don’t reliably survive very well in many key situations while warriors have precise control over and don’t have to worry about losing out and 40% of their damage and potential utility just to cleanse conditions.

I’ll stop here though, seeing as I started playing a warrior to get away from the rangers’ issues in the first place… If I wanted to still be concerned about the imbalances of the ranger I wouldn’t be in the warrior forum.

Nerf mobility

in Warrior

Harper.4173

Yes to “gap closer”

You don’t even understand what CC is. And one cripple skill does not a CC-effective weapon make.
You lack basic understanding of GS skills. If you are crippled you can still walk away OR dodge. 100b ( the main source of GS Damage ) roots a warrior in place. Even crippled you can easily escape it leaving him swinging at air.

Warriors were always intended to be a mobile class. It’s right there in the warrior description on gw2.com. Go read that.
GS was always designed to be a weapon that allowed great mobility and great damage but with almost no cc or support options.

Rangers, engis, mesmers, eles – all of them can disengage from fights easily.
Guardians can’t – but they have access to protection, reflects, retal, blocks – which mean that they’re not crippled by this issue so much.

When the classes were designed a more defensive – low mobility class was created – the guardian – and a more offensive high mobility one – warrior.

Please stop trying to nerf EVERY good thing about the warrior into the ground.

Mobility ? Kill it.
Condi removal? Kill it.
Healing Signet ? Oh lord please kill it.
CC Hammer / Longbow? Already died.

Why not just realize that if a warrior resets a fight you have WON That fight.
I consider myself victorious every time a mesmer stealths and blinks away, each time a thief stealths and runs away, etc.
But no – you want a free kill because? Because there’s nobody to stop you from posting deluded notions and unfair claims on the forums.

Nerf mobility

in Warrior

Harper.4173

After playing a ranger since launch until like 2 weeks ago and rerolling warrior; warriors really don’t have much to complain about. They have better overall mobility, better damage, have a mechanic that actually responds to player use, better condition removal, better passive support, better health, better armor… there really is no reason to play a ranger if you want results; about the only reason to play a ranger is for the aesthetics (As weak as it is in any real scenario, I still prefer the ranger longbow over the warrior ranged weapons).

Also, the warrior sword can do like way more damage than pretty much any of the ranger weapons (even on a good day for the pet). You can stack bleeds, cripples, have mobility and can dish out raw damage at a pace that makes rangers cry in envy (well they cry in envy at everything any halfway decent warrior can do). Throw a shield in the offhand and you have a better damaging more reliable version of the ranger GS (even with the mobility difference).

Sure you can dodge like crazy with the ranger sword, but in a game where stacks of conditions and raw damage are easily spammed it really doesn’t help them for long.

I mean even taking a look at comparable condition removal traits/skills:

Warrior – Cleansing Ire

• 20 points
  • no hard cool down
  • removes up to three conditions
  • Player control on when it’s used

Ranger – Empathic Bond

• 30 points
  • kills your pet and only works while pets are alive (think of it as if your adrenaline was on cool down for like 48-60 seconds just for using Cleansing Ire)
  • hard cool down of 10 seconds
  • procs 1 time every 10 seconds (then a 10 second cool down, even if it removed zero conditions); random, hope for the best, heart of the cards guide me, may the force be with you, gg.

They aren’t meant to be equal, but there is clearly a difference in balance once you start playing around and comparing skills that have parallels such as these two; pets don’t reliably survive very well in many key situations while warriors have precise control over and don’t have to worry about losing out and 40% of their damage and potential utility just to cleanse conditions.

I’ll stop here though, seeing as I started playing a warrior to get away from the rangers’ issues in the first place… If I wanted to still be concerned about the imbalances of the ranger I wouldn’t be in the warrior forum.

Cleansing Ire requires adrenaline – and it requires your adrenaline burst skill to hit. Just saying.

Nerf mobility

in Warrior

urieldhynne.2743

You don’t even understand what CC is. And one cripple skill does not a CC-effective weapon make.

Hard CC and Soft CC, search it in google.

You lack basic understanding of GS skills. If you are crippled you can still walk away OR dodge. 100b ( the main source of GS Damage ) roots a warrior in place. Even crippled you can easily escape it leaving him swinging at air.

Ok, you want HIGH NUKE and HARD CC in the same weapon, pretty balanced… balance is about make choices. Use your secondary weapon or utility for Hard CC. The GS is fine with SoftCC and gap closer/dash, but you need to focus that dash to GAP CLOSER, no for RUNNING AWAY.

I am not talking about remove mobility from warriors, i am talking about removing the “easy run away” they have.

They are medium and low armor…. you are a kittening tank.

Guardians can’t – but they have access to protection, reflects, retal, blocks – which mean that they’re not crippled by this issue so much.

You need to play a guardian… And warrior have blocks (BY TIME!), immunities (by utilities and by traits) more stability (utilitie+trait), large health pools, best self condi removal/reduction. Sorry, i cant agree with you, my warrior build as tank is harder to kill than my guardian. You can say “but you need to build tank losing all the damage” well, you know what happen if you build a guardian tanky? you have virtually no damage.

Mobility ? Kill it.
Condi removal? Kill it.

Healing signet is ok. CC hammer was OP AS HELL, i could land a 15k combo in a heavy armor if they havent stability up. CC hammer is not died, the insane damage is died

The problem is not the mobility, the problem is the “free out of combat”.

I consider myself victorious every time a mesmer stealths and blinks away, each time a thief stealths and runs away, etc.
But no – you want a free kill because? Because there’s nobody to stop you from posting deluded notions and unfair claims on the forums.

[/quote]

Lol, free kill? Right, for you a warrior is UP and free kill, that is amazing, warrior is in a good/op place right now. And if you lose die. Dont run, if someone is skilled enough to rollface you, die, let him kill you, i am against all “free out of combat mechanic” of every class. One thing is mobility, evasion, blocks, but IN COMBAT, no for free out of combat. One thing is the capability of chase of run away but there is a line between “i can run away” and “i can get out of combat in 2 buttons and nobody can chase me”

That cheapy mechanics is for the new casual gamer who refuse to lose or die, because casual gamer when die get frustrated, and arenanet dont want frustrated players.

Nerf mobility

in Warrior

Posted by: glaphen.5230

glaphen.5230

Comparing the only class without active condition removal to any class is pretty kittened don’t you think?

Nerf mobility

in Warrior

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

Easy fix, nerf GS #5 the same way they nerfed Ele’s RTL. I main a warrior and would totally be fine with that. It would slow down the GS/Sw-X troll warriors without wrecking other viable builds.

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

Nerf mobility

in Warrior

Posted by: kiwituatara.6053

kiwituatara.6053

Change Dogged March so that it removes Immobilized Cripple Chilled + gain 3sec regen, add 10 second internal cooldown.

Would that work for everyone? The nerf won’t be that big and allows other classes to actually have a chance with snaring warriors. It also forces certain warrior builds to pick up a little more condi removal (eg. warhorn) so they “can’t be good at everything at once”.

Nerf mobility

in Warrior

Posted by: Terra Dactyl.2047

Terra Dactyl.2047

Yes to “gap closer”

Light armor classes have a “free out of combat”? This is news to me. Necros have pretty much the worst mobility in the game. Mesmers have… blink, and maybe portal if dropped in advance. Eles are #4 in mobility ever since they nerfed rtl (behind warriors, thieves, and rangers. In that order.) The only classes with a “free out of combat” are gs warriors and thieves. And thieves have to stealth for theirs or a warrior will just chase them down and keep them in combat.

Nerf mobility

in Warrior

Harper.4173

@urieldhynne

Your lack of understanding is so great it’s just amazing.
Warriors are NOT tanks. If anything in this game is a tank then that is a GUARDIAN. Warriors are a hard hitting class that can TAKE PUNISHMENT. But it is not a tank- nor was it designed to be one – hence it was given HIGH MOBILITY with LITTLE OR NO MEANS FOR EFFECTIVE PROTECTION. No Protection, No high vigor, no reflects, and almost no blocks.

The ability to disengage is NOT a problem. As i’ve explained before there’s more to a fight than killing your opponent. But you seem to need to grow up a bit more to understand strategy. The whole concept that you’ve won ONLY if you have killed your opponent is flawed.

You say you are against " out of combat mechanic " for every class BUT you just made it seem that you’re alright with other classes being able to do it – just not warriors. You are biased and it shows through.
If you can’t get kills – you have nobody to be mad at but yourself. If a player can disengage from a fight he is losing he has every right to – and should do it. He who fights and runs away lives to fight another day.

You want to fight, lose and die? Be my guest – but don’t go around suggesting class changes based on the fact that something in the game is just annoying to you.
The amount of rage in your post makes it clear that this has nothing to do with warrior mobility and a lot more to do with your QQ regarding your inability to kills said class. Even if you have defeated them and they are forced to retreat.

Also – if your tank warrior is harder to kill than your tank guardian – then you’re a terrible guardian. Ask any decent guardian player.

Regarding the GS mechanics and frustration – the only frustrated person here is you – and what frustrates you is your own inability to play the game right.

Keep raging.

Nerf mobility

in Warrior

Posted by: Setun.4368

Setun.4368

Easy fix, nerf GS #5 the same way they nerfed Ele’s RTL. I main a warrior and would totally be fine with that. It would slow down the GS/Sw-X troll warriors without wrecking other viable builds.

Do you mean where the CD is increased if it doesn’t hit anyone vs going on normal cooldown if it does? That’s an interesting notion if so.

Nerf mobility

in Warrior

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

And thieves have to stealth for theirs or a warrior will just chase them down and keep them in combat.

If a thief can’t escape from a warrior without stealth, ur doing it wrong.

Nerf mobility

in Warrior

Posted by: redslion.9675

redslion.9675

Do you mean where the CD is increased if it doesn’t hit anyone vs going on normal cooldown if it does? That’s an interesting notion if so.

Yeah, but then we should control the movement a bit better.

As of now, Rush rarely hits anyone.

You will never be able to know what an engineer is going to do next…

because he doesn’t know it himself

Nerf mobility

in Warrior

Posted by: killahmayne.9518

killahmayne.9518

Yes to “gap closer”

What you want? perma cripple? Play a guardian and tell me what you feel about “poor softCC”. I have the two profession both in 80 full equipped, when you play a lot without softCC as a guardian, you learn to love having at least 1 cripple.

Warrior need a adjustment in their “all in one” profession, you cant do all. Great mobility is ok, but great “out of combat mechanic”? come on, choose one. Less range and target-only is a good and reasonable change for GS#5. You dont the lose gap closer and “in combat mobility” and you can still get out of combat targeting far enemies or npc. But not with the current ease.

In the current state, with a lot of builds and profession you just CANT kill a GS warrior if they dont wanna die. If he are losing he just run away. Only with GS 450 and 1200 in 2 dash without target required is a lot of range. A LOT. Is a free-out-of-combat in only two buttons.

Why are you so angry and putting words and assumptions into other people’s mouths? I was simply explaining that cripple is a weak form of CC and that two sources isn’t alot. So according to you that means I want perma-cripple on my weapons?

Guardians might not have cripple but they have a buttload of healing and high uptime on protection/regen/other boons and lots of blocking. CRY ME A KITTEN RIVER. Since that is pretty much what 80% of the people who complain about warriors are doing. The trade off for using sword/GS is a lack of CC and lower damage output. And who says Guardians can’t have mobility, do they not have a greatsword? They can actually have decent mobility if they have greatsword, they can teleport using one of their meditations or using a sword albeit it needs a target, which really aren’t hard to find in WvW. Staff line of warding can help escape tricky situations.

Warrior is an all in one profession yet we don’t rely on mechanics such as clones, stealth, amazing boon generation, other AI, dodges on demand, amazing healing (unless you spec into shouts for at most decent healing), putting 1000 conditions on ppl. Most of our skills are so telegraphed it isn’t even funny.

Mace/Greatsword Video (Sept Patch)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoAjKtD6MLY

Nerf mobility

in Warrior

Terra Dactyl.2047

Yeah, but then we should control the movement a bit better.

As of now, Rush rarely hits anyone.

Maybe if they nerfed rush but made it hit people they’d fix rtl to actually hit people too finally. :/

Nerf mobility

in Warrior

Posted by: Mightymealworm.8409

Mightymealworm.8409

Guardians are great bunkers because of the support they bring, not because of survivability. Bunker warriors, engis and maybe even spirit rangers can survive better 1v1 or even 1v2. Protection is -33% physical damage and is up realistically less than 50% of a fight if even equipped for it. Warriors can easily have more than 50% larger health pool if built for it. Warrior can have protection from others and/or runes, guards can never have that health pool. Bunker wars can also bring support in a different flavor, offence. Don’t doubt the power of a bunker warrior.

Nerf mobility

in Warrior

Posted by: Juba.8406

Juba.8406

really ?! comparing an AoE skill to a Single target one, plus the most bugged skill in the entire game ?.

yeah nerf it and make our duels with Mesmers more laughable because of some warriors trolls , nice logic.

Nerf mobility

in Warrior

Terra Dactyl.2047

The trade off for using sword/GS is a lack of CC and lower damage output.

Just use GS and you’ve still got the second best mobility. Frees up your other weapon slot. I know it’s easier to say it’s not OP by forcing the example to use both sword AND greatsword, but just greatsword is plenty.

And who says Guardians can’t have mobility, do they not have a greatsword? They can actually have decent mobility if they have greatsword

^ lol this guy. Guardian greatsword has a single 600 range leap on a 15s cd. That’s still pretty awful mobility.

they can teleport using one of their meditations or using a sword albeit it needs a target, which really aren’t hard to find in WvW.

Neither of which is reliable for escape. Warrior mobility goes into AND out of fights. Guardian mobility does not.

Warrior is an all in one profession yet we don’t rely on mechanics such as clones, stealth, amazing boon generation, other AI, dodges on demand, amazing healing (unless you spec into shouts for at most decent healing), putting 1000 conditions on ppl. Most of our skills are so telegraphed it isn’t even funny.

No, you just rely on high armor, high hp, high passive regen, great condition removal, absurd mobility, and borderline immunity to cc (all on the same build) instead. Poor warriors. How do they survive?

Nerf mobility

in Warrior

Posted by: Furiousbeard.7602

Furiousbeard.7602

All these complainers…

Just play the game and stop whining.

FA Soldier of Fortune – Flashypants (20,078 WvW kills) http://m.youtube.com/user/Duppa81
Roamer: 99.99% BLs / 0.01% EB

Nerf mobility

in Warrior

Posted by: Tomasmxmf.9403

Tomasmxmf.9403

I love playing a warrior

SCUMMY WARRIOR/REV ON DRAGONBRAND
[FIRE]//@TOLIVEFREEORDIE//RAIDER KREWE

Nerf mobility

in Warrior

Julie Yann.5379

Just today we had a guild event. A naked race (weapons only) from Fort Trinity to the lowest point of cursed shores. The 3 warriors won (myself included) by half a map to the nearest ele and thief and over a full map to the other classes. Yeah warrior mobility is OP compared to other classes.

Nerf mobility

in Warrior

Posted by: mini.6018

mini.6018

Just today we had a guild event. A naked race (weapons only) from Fort Trinity to the lowest point of cursed shores. The 3 warriors won (myself included) by half a map to the nearest ele and thief and over a full map to the other classes. Yeah warrior mobility is OP compared to other classes.

What?I already have too many infractions.
All is Vain

Nerf mobility

in Warrior

Posted by: Shadowfall.6543

Shadowfall.6543

Well Anet knows what to do when a class has too much mobility.

Look at ride the lightning… any warriors up to having their mobility skills range reduced by 25% and double recharge on miss in the same patch?

I would be willing to bet a small sack of gold that that kind of change is not coming to the warrior, anyone want to take me up on it?

Nerf mobility

in Warrior

Julie Yann.5379

Well Anet knows what to do when a class has too much mobility.

Look at ride the lightning… any warriors up to having their mobility skills range reduced by 25% and double recharge on miss in the same patch?

I would be willing to bet a small sack of gold that that kind of change is not coming to the warrior, anyone want to take me up on it?

They would have to fix those skill so that they actually hit when they are suppose too before any warrior would agree to that. It’s been over a year at they are still broken so I am guessing that it is either impossible to fix, too much work to fix, or just don’t care at all about fixing them.

Nerf mobility

in Warrior

Posted by: Shadowfall.6543

Shadowfall.6543

Yes to “gap closer”

Warriors were always intended to be a mobile class. It’s right there in the warrior description on gw2.com. Go read that.
GS was always designed to be a weapon that allowed great mobility and great damage but with almost no cc or support options.

When the classes were designed a more defensive – low mobility class was created – the guardian – and a more offensive high mobility one – warrior.

Mobility ? Kill it.
Condi removal? Kill it.

Ele’s have one mobile skill with off hand dagger (so only D/D or S/D Eles get it). its range is less then rush and it is a 40 second recharge if it misses the target (20 if it hits, but kind of defeats the purpose of a disengage).

as an Ele in WvW though, I have yet to fully disengage from a warrior with a greatsword, and I have had more than a few run away from me.

I am not joining the nerf the warrior mobility bandwagon (as it would be boring for warriors to be kited to death). However, in the current state something on the warrior has to give.