Nerf mobility

Nerf mobility

in Warrior

Posted by: dominik.9721

dominik.9721

Are you guys joking? Do you really say warriors are OP because they can run away?
srsly?
Pls go back to PvE….

Grimkram [sS]

Nerf mobility

in Warrior

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

OK look, warrior can keep its high hp, its high regen, its high damage, its hammer stuns, its many condition removals…but for god’s sake ANet, do they really have to be able to turn around and run away too?

I’m running a SB/GS ranger with 2 stuns, 2 cripples, 2 knockdowns, and one the best gap closers in the game…and warriors just eat it all, turn around, and savage leap away whenever they please.

What the f***

That means that you have to work on Your build,not that another build needs to get nerfed.Youre doing something wrong not being able to catch him.Every seen it from this way ? Thought so…But you won’t admit it anyway huh.

Nerf mobility

in Warrior

Posted by: nagr.1593

nagr.1593

Ele’s have one mobile skill with off hand dagger (so only D/D or S/D Eles get it). its range is less then rush and it is a 40 second recharge if it misses the target (20 if it hits, but kind of defeats the purpose of a disengage).

as an Ele in WvW though, I have yet to fully disengage from a warrior with a greatsword, and I have had more than a few run away from me.

I am not joining the nerf the warrior mobility bandwagon (as it would be boring for warriors to be kited to death). However, in the current state something on the warrior has to give.

your are aware right, ele mobility is vastly superior to warrior mobility..u have no reason to call for a nerf when other equally skilled classes have waay more options to disengage (thief etc). comparing RTL to Rush etc. is kinda pointless since your not looking at the big picture. With conjured weps (i.e. FGS) eles have access to much greater disengagement than warriors, tho with shorter string attached. compare the range/CD of FGS skills 3 and 4 to war GS skills to realize that just because some classes r granted the convenience of mobility in cases where it matters (i.e. WvW) obviously doesnt mean their class has greater overall mobility.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Remember-ride-the-lightning-for-Eles/first#post3290036

Arun Kar

(edited by nagr.1593)

Nerf mobility

in Warrior

Posted by: vashio.6297

vashio.6297

After playing a ranger since launch until like 2 weeks ago and rerolling warrior; warriors really don’t have much to complain about. They have better overall mobility, better damage, have a mechanic that actually responds to player use, better condition removal, better passive support, better health, better armor… there really is no reason to play a ranger if you want results; about the only reason to play a ranger is for the aesthetics (As weak as it is in any real scenario, I still prefer the ranger longbow over the warrior ranged weapons).

Also, the warrior sword can do like way more damage than pretty much any of the ranger weapons (even on a good day for the pet). You can stack bleeds, cripples, have mobility and can dish out raw damage at a pace that makes rangers cry in envy (well they cry in envy at everything any halfway decent warrior can do). Throw a shield in the offhand and you have a better damaging more reliable version of the ranger GS (even with the mobility difference).

Sure you can dodge like crazy with the ranger sword, but in a game where stacks of conditions and raw damage are easily spammed it really doesn’t help them for long.

I mean even taking a look at comparable condition removal traits/skills:

Warrior – Cleansing Ire

• 20 points
  • no hard cool down
  • removes up to three conditions
  • Player control on when it’s used

Ranger – Empathic Bond

• 30 points
  • kills your pet and only works while pets are alive (think of it as if your adrenaline was on cool down for like 48-60 seconds just for using Cleansing Ire)
  • hard cool down of 10 seconds
  • procs 1 time every 10 seconds (then a 10 second cool down, even if it removed zero conditions); random, hope for the best, heart of the cards guide me, may the force be with you, gg.

They aren’t meant to be equal, but there is clearly a difference in balance once you start playing around and comparing skills that have parallels such as these two; pets don’t reliably survive very well in many key situations while warriors have precise control over and don’t have to worry about losing out and 40% of their damage and potential utility just to cleanse conditions.

I’ll stop here though, seeing as I started playing a warrior to get away from the rangers’ issues in the first place… If I wanted to still be concerned about the imbalances of the ranger I wouldn’t be in the warrior forum.

I feel you bro. A lot of people think empathic bond is SO GOOD but compared to other classes its really not all that great since it skills our own mechanic and no other classes has such a flawed mechanic like our and we have to use skills that just punishes it even more. Warrior i feel has everything if you create the right build. If warrior stays to what it is other classes really do need an upgrade to be some where near what warrior has utility wise/trait wise/weapon wise.

Nerf mobility

in Warrior

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

You people do realize that I’ve had plenty of eles disengage from combat – and I was playing GS/ LB Warrior. Because you don’t have the CC needed to keep them in place.

Also – Warrior took a big nerf (Hambow build got wrecked) but it seems there’s a lot of inertia to all this " nerf omg " posts.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

Nerf mobility

in Warrior

Posted by: Rednik.3809

Rednik.3809

If you are losing to GS+Sw+Wh build – you are bad and this is L2P issue.
If you are cannot catch any other buld except GS+Sw+Wh – you are bad and this is L2P issue.
If you are losing to GS+Sw+Wh build in survival setup (PVT+lemongrass) – you are extremely bad and this is not even L2P issue anymore, just go to PvE.
/thread

Kiijna, Xast, Satis Ironwail, Sekhaina, Shira Forgesparkle, Sfeno, Nasibi, Tegeira, Rhonwe…
25 charracters

Nerf mobility

in Warrior

Posted by: Travis the Terrible.4739

Travis the Terrible.4739

I feel you bro. A lot of people think empathic bond is SO GOOD but compared to other classes its really not all that great since it skills our own mechanic and no other classes has such a flawed mechanic like our and we have to use skills that just punishes it even more. Warrior i feel has everything if you create the right build. If warrior stays to what it is other classes really do need an upgrade to be some where near what warrior has utility wise/trait wise/weapon wise.

That’s because they thought it was a good idea to make the class a beast master compared to the gw1 ranger where having a pet was completely optional. I can think of 1 build for pvp and 1 for pve (gw1) where having a pet was pretty much mandatory, the old bunny thumper build, and the barrage pet-way build you’d take to do stupid easy stuff and make it even easier.

Follow the darkness into the depths, it’s more fun than the light can provide.

(edited by Travis the Terrible.4739)

Nerf mobility

in Warrior

Posted by: naphack.9346

naphack.9346

If you are cannot catch any other buld except GS+Sw+Wh – you are bad and this is L2P issue.
If you are losing to GS+Sw+Wh build in survival setup (PVT+lemongrass) – you are extremely bad and this is not even L2P issue anymore, just go to PvE.
/thread

tell me, oh enlightened one, how a condition ranger should catch a gs only warrior.
As soon as the target is further than 1.2k range away, it’s practically gone. The only chance is turning your back to the opponent, use sword 2, waste stun breaker, select opponent, sword 2 again… And the opponent will just whirl away again.

Nowadays, I run a GS+S/W warrior from time to time. I typically only scout, push around dollys and intercept dollys, while taking one or the other camp, tho.
The only way for me to win a duel is for the opponent to not run much soft cc removal, as I am almost entirely dependant on immob/cripple to be able to deal damage. No bonus immob duration means anyone running melandru lemongrass gets a free pass.

If I lose the fight, it’s basically warhorn to remove any soft cc, immediately savage leap, swap to gs and whirl, evading any possible followup cc, then bullrush into rush into weapon swap into savage leap.
In an instant, I have created a 3.5k range gap, which pretty much warrants a free ooc.
Now, you said, slotting bull rush would weaken your defense, because it takes the space of a stance.
Bull rush is kind of needed in this build, as for actual combat with rather low damage, you just need that one interrupt to make a difference.

Why is it not a won battle for the opponent, if I survive?
If I survive close to a camp of ours, they are not free to take it, as they would, if they had killed me. As soon, as they engage it, I will jump back in. I may not be able to kill everything in a straight up 1v1, but someone, who is immobilized, crippled and poisoned with the occasional blind spam and knock down? I’d be a moron to lose that fight.
Same with fights in enemy territory: You may have driven me off, but I don’t have to walk from spawn, I am still around and free to take a camp or slap a dolly.
There is a distinct difference between driving off a stealth thief(which is a win on your part) and driving off a mobility warrior: The stealth thief is strictly pvp, with the occasional yak slap. If he can’t get a kill, he wasted his time, because he’s out for kills. The warrior can do dangerous stuff like soloing camps quickly and sniping yaks from halfway across the map within a blink of an eye. It’s a calm, calculating playstyle, taking, whatever is in front of him, while controlling the supply flow on the map.

I certainly would not mind, if GS 5 was nerfed. That skill really feels a bit too convenient.

The only crime, turrets committed, is being good against the celestial meta.
The mob has spoken and the turrets shall be burnt at the stake.

Nerf mobility

in Warrior

Harper.4173

/thread

This guy gets it.

Naphack – the build you run as you’ve stated yourself severely hampers your ability to engage in 1 v 1s. I’ve played the same thing and honestly you trade a lot off for all that mobility.

Successfully driving a warrior off is still a relevant issue – if driven off he cannot do what he intends to do.
I don’t really see how a skill that has been in the game SINCE LAUNCH has become a major game breaking issue in recent weeks. It isn’t the skill itself – it’s the people that have learned they can QQ about everything and anything they don’t like and eventually see it nerfed.

Nerf mobility

in Warrior

Posted by: Phaeton.9582

Phaeton.9582

Mobility will be the only thing able to kill this low mobility/high cc/high offense meta prevailant amongst ALL classes.

Hopefully they will buff offhand axe, and easy mode eviscerate/hambow warriors will die overnight.

Phaatonn, London UK

Nerf mobility

in Warrior

Rednik.3809

tell me, oh enlightened one, how a condition ranger should catch a gs only warrior.
As soon as the target is further than 1.2k range away, it’s practically gone. The only chance is turning your back to the opponent, use sword 2, waste stun breaker, select opponent, sword 2 again… And the opponent will just whirl away again.

Because this is not even a duel? He cannot kill you, you cannot kill him. If you are using same logic, then if you run as bunker against bunker and no one can land a kill for 20+ min, you both must go to forum and start screaming “I cannot kill X spec, kitten immortal ANET FIX IN SO BROKEN OP”.

Kiijna, Xast, Satis Ironwail, Sekhaina, Shira Forgesparkle, Sfeno, Nasibi, Tegeira, Rhonwe…
25 charracters

Nerf mobility

in Warrior

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Warrior survivability need some serious nerf. I don’t even wanna play warrior, but it’s so frigging OP that it’s stupid play anything else.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

Nerf mobility

in Warrior

Posted by: kiwituatara.6053

kiwituatara.6053

high survivability + highest mobility in game. One of these will eventually have to go. I’d rather have mobility nerfed.

Nerf mobility

in Warrior

Posted by: Furiousbeard.7602

Furiousbeard.7602

So many baddies out there!

WVW is not a death match of kill or be killed. People will flee from a fight just as they will charge in to a fight.

I bet none of you have even tried to create builds to beat a warrior. You just come here to complain instead.

FA Soldier of Fortune – Flashypants (20,078 WvW kills) http://m.youtube.com/user/Duppa81
Roamer: 99.99% BLs / 0.01% EB

Nerf mobility

in Warrior

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

Savage leap and hammer stuns ? If you mean the warrior has a sword on weapon swap he will deal no damage with it. There’s a huge trade off for mobility. If you run sword you sacrifice damage and cc for mobility. If you use bullcharge you sacrifice either berserker stance or stability.

Those troll – run-away warrs cant do anything trust me. Sword is the worst power weapon on a warrior. And dont forget warrior has no protection\clones\pet\stealth . We only have high HP and high regen. And greatsword mobility is easely countered with cripple\immob.

The problem is they do not have to do high damage, in zerg switch to hammer or keep the GS. When your zerg is failing run like hell to get away.

Nerf mobility

in Warrior

Rednik.3809

The problem is they do not have to do high damage, in zerg switch to hammer or keep the GS. When your zerg is failing run like hell to get away.

Wtb enemy zerg full of warriors with GS. I love free bags.

25 charracters

Nerf mobility

in Warrior

Posted by: Burnfall.9573

Burnfall.9573

So warrior again, what’s new about this class?

Nothing actually, yet another Disappointment with the “Balance” team. Why am i using quote with the word Balance?

Well because, it does not mean what it mean.

The word Balance that i know; is having both strength and weakness- positive and negative.

This Warrior class has neither whatsoever, so that makes sense.

The “Balance” we have in this game is; having Everything and Anything,.

Well, nothing to add here.

So getting back to this issue with Unbalance Warrior class excelling in high mobilities, Arena.net higher-ups need to step in and lock this class in place and strip it all the way done to nothingness and balance it from the ground up.

Enough of this Super out of control class getting away with destroying everything in its path, with no punishment or having no consequence, whatsoever.

Seriously,

Warrior should be the strongest class in the game, but not having their way to everything and anything on demand.

This menace class need to be put in its place as soon as possible

Advocate of Justice, Liberty and Truth

(edited by Burnfall.9573)

Nerf mobility

in Warrior

Posted by: naphack.9346

naphack.9346

Because this is not even a duel? He cannot kill you, you cannot kill him. If you are using same logic, then if you run as bunker against bunker and no one can land a kill for 20+ min, you both must go to forum and start screaming “I cannot kill X spec, kitten immortal ANET FIX IN SO BROKEN OP”.

First you said, if I can not catch any other build except gs+s/w, I am bad and need to l2p, now, you tell me, it’s a matter of builds?
And why the kitten can’t he kill me, just cause he got a greatsword slotted? Might be the good old GS+Mace with a zerk+valk setup, who knows? A greatsword is enough to make any condition ranger/necromancer/mesmer/[insert any other low mobility class/build here] unable to kill him. Doesn’t mean, he can’t kill them. Of course, unless he runs some lemongrass melandru setup, it will be hard to catch the ranger with a skull crack and even then, he is not guaranteed to succeed. But it’s still far from “he can’t kill you”, while all it takes for him to get away is a whirl into rush.

The only crime, turrets committed, is being good against the celestial meta.
The mob has spoken and the turrets shall be burnt at the stake.

Nerf mobility

in Warrior

Furiousbeard.7602

So many tears in these posts. None of you seem to know that the warrior was a joke for more than a year.

People have found some viable builds since then and Anet addressed a lot of old problems.

The other classes need to adapt to this instead of calling for nerfs. The warrior could use a GS since launch but now all of a sudden its OP? Wtf is wrong with you guys?

FA Soldier of Fortune – Flashypants (20,078 WvW kills) http://m.youtube.com/user/Duppa81

Nerf mobility

in Warrior

Junkpile.7439

Nobody care about roaming. Warrior is op in real fights and needs nerf and then i don’t have to play warrior anymore.

Nerf mobility

in Warrior

Harper.4173

Warrior survivability need some serious nerf. I don’t even wanna play warrior, but it’s so frigging OP that it’s stupid play anything else.

You’re not even trying at this point are you?
Please come back when you have something constructive or some arguments to support your ideas.

high survivability + highest mobility in game. One of these will eventually have to go. I’d rather have mobility nerfed.

high survivability if you SPEC FOR IT. Which leaves you with little damage.
High mobility if you use certain weapons – which leave you with no CC.
So you’re a fast walking ball of sustain and healing that can do exactly nothing.

Yeah, I can see that being so OP.

You people really don’t get what you’re saying – you’re just spamming the same thing over and over again.

The mobility is FINE since you can’t really do anything else with a troll GS+S/WH build other than troll around.
Any decent player will repel you. The only effective thing you can do is run around.

The amount of trolling going on in this subforum is insane. The trolls aren’t even trying to hide anymore. They’re just hateful and mad and are just pointing a finger and saying " nerf x because i can’t kill it".

In sPVP if a warrior runs YOU WIN THE POINT. You’ve won. You don’t need the kill.
in WvW if a warrior runs you’ve WON THE FIGHT. He’s driven off and your objective is safe.

Winning =/= killing. This is not a 1 vs 1 fight to the death.

@Burnfall I can’t tell if you’re being sarcastic or just plain uninformed.

Nerf mobility

in Warrior

Harper.4173

Nobody care about roaming. Warrior is op in real fights and needs nerf and then i don’t have to play warrior anymore.

IF you don’t want to play a class don’t. Nobody is forcing you – but please stop asking for a nerf on a class just because you dislike it and feel forced to play it. You’re not even thinking things straight.

(edited by Harper.4173)

Nerf mobility

in Warrior

Posted by: Zagerus.8675

Zagerus.8675

I would change Healing Signet before changing any weapons skills. It doesn’t make sense to start changing skills that have been in the game for almost a year because of a skill that was recently changed, which in turn gives warriors some really good play at high levels. It’s frustrating to see so many posts in the warrior forums screaming nerf nerf nerf. It seems like now that the warrior cannot just be pushed over, everything else needs to be cut back to compensate. We need that mobility, we can’t sit there in one spot soaking up all kinds of damage like other classes have the abilities to do. If we could, sure, mobility could be toned down.

On GS, we need to be able to Rush consistently to close on an ele that just teleported, or a necro that immobilized/feared/chilled us. We need to be able to Rush away when we’re getting smashed with poison and a million bleeds and degening to the point where 5 Healing Signet’s wouldn’t save us. Just like Thieves when they SR/stealth and regen to reset the fight. I think a big problem is convention – A lot of times, if someone beats you it’s probably because either A) They are using a really intricate and efficient build for that format or B ) You didn’t play well enough. You know if I’m going to stand for a year on a cap point in Necro wells/marks, and then I run to the Necro forum complaining about how OP Wells/Staff is, then it’s not a balance problem. Wait a few patches too, other classes will surely be getting buffs just as the warriors did.

Nerf mobility

in Warrior

Harper.4173

Healing signet is not the issue here. The skill is fine. It’s been talked over a million times.

Nerf mobility

in Warrior

Zagerus.8675

Healing signet is not the issue here. The skill is fine. It’s been talked over a million times.

I don’t want Healing Signet to be changed, but if anything needs to be changed at all I feel it is that. It is hugely debatable, and it should be debated Harper. 80% of the warriors I see in every aspect of the game are running Healing Signet and I personally run Healing Signet. All I’m saying is that if there is any issue with the warrior that needs a nerf, it’s Healing Signet, not mobility skills.

Nerf mobility

in Warrior

Rednik.3809

I don’t want Healing Signet to be changed, but if anything needs to be changed at all I feel it is that. It is hugely debatable, and it should be debated Harper. 80% of the warriors I see in every aspect of the game are running Healing Signet and I personally run Healing Signet. All I’m saying is that if there is any issue with the warrior that needs a nerf, it’s Healing Signet, not mobility skills.

And what you can give instead of HS? All other skills are joke in terms of sustain.

25 charracters

Nerf mobility

in Warrior

Posted by: Kagamiku.9731

Kagamiku.9731

Healing Surge is better in a zerker build tbh. Any build where you’re going for sustain, HS becomes better.

Besides, it’s the same concept to why almost every warrior runs Signet of Rage. It’s the best skill we got for the slot, but that doesn’t make it OP.

Nerf mobility

in Warrior

Posted by: Mightymealworm.8409

Mightymealworm.8409

There are two problems with HS, but neither of them are completely responsible for the current perception of warriors. The HS problems are-

1: too much sustain for too little specialization (and too little sustain when traiting for sustain) Fix it with a lower base of around 300 per second that scales to 400 with moderate healing power and a around 550 or so with a lot of healing power. This would allow for some better bunker/support builds, and force those builds to sacrifice something for it. It would also encourage more zerk type builds to use surge for less run and reset type brawling.

2: no incentive to use active. The base healing of active skill could use some attention, a small boost and perhaps grant regen for a few seconds to not totally eliminate the sustain? I would prefer it to clear condi more like mending though, and have mending reworked.

The larger problem most people have with warrior (and most don’t realize it) is the amount of sustain that was created when warriors lost their weakness to conditions. Not all warrior builds are condi clearing maniacs, but many of the meta builds have little problem keeping high stacks off. This should be reworked a little, not reduced back to the levels that kept warriors from being viable so long ago, but every class needs a weakness.

Nerf mobility

in Warrior

Harper.4173

And all I’m saying is that warriors have taken enough of a nerf already. The skill is fine. Before HS was buffed warriors were a joke in PVP. Now we’re finally somewhat viable and because of it people want this to go.

Nerf mobility

in Warrior

Posted by: TheGreatA.4192

TheGreatA.4192

I believe greatsword Rush and maybe Whirlwind needs the same treatment as Elementalist Ride The Lightning, which is to put a higher CD on the skill if it doesn’t land on the enemy. That’s about it.

Metsän Suojelija (guard)/Puun Halaaja (engi)/Pieni Musta Rotta (warrior)/Viher Rauha (necro)

Nerf mobility

in Warrior

Harper.4173

There are two problems with HS, but neither of them are completely responsible for the current perception of warriors. The HS problems are-

1: too much sustain for too little specialization (and too little sustain when traiting for sustain) Fix it with a lower base of around 300 per second that scales to 400 with moderate healing power and a around 550 or so with a lot of healing power. This would allow for some better bunker/support builds, and force those builds to sacrifice something for it. It would also encourage more zerk type builds to use surge for less run and reset type brawling.

2: no incentive to use active. The base healing of active skill could use some attention, a small boost and perhaps grant regen for a few seconds to not totally eliminate the sustain? I would prefer it to clear condi more like mending though, and have mending reworked.

The larger problem most people have with warrior (and most don’t realize it) is the amount of sustain that was created when warriors lost their weakness to conditions. Not all warrior builds are condi clearing maniacs, but many of the meta builds have little problem keeping high stacks off. This should be reworked a little, not reduced back to the levels that kept warriors from being viable so long ago, but every class needs a weakness.

So you’re basically saying " bring warrior back to where he was a while eago when he was kept from being viable".
This is an actual quote " kept warriors from being viable". You basically just flat out stated you want this class kept in a non-viable place. Aka nerfed into the ground.

Why do you even post? That’s not something constructive.

The whole idea of HS is that it offers sustain without forcing you to spec too much into it. This is balanced because of the fact that apart from that passive sustain you get almost nothing ( healing signet active is very weak).
The things you want to change about the skill are exactly the things that were designed to be the trade-off. Good passive heal without giving you the ability to turn it into an OP heal if you spec into healing power AND forces you to trade your ability to counter heavy spikes against you because of the weak active.
It was designed right and it works like that.
I play HS warrior. Poison and spikes are my bane. And that’s exactly how it should be.
Why make it like mending and have mending reworked? The skill is fine on its on and as it is.

Also the fact that you want warriors to be made unviable because you dislike the class is just an expression of what the player base has become.
Malicious to the extreme.

Nerf mobility

in Warrior

Junkpile.7439

Somewhat viable? Warrior is top2 class in every part of game.

Nerf mobility

in Warrior

Furiousbeard.7602

I believe greatsword Rush and maybe Whirlwind needs the same treatment as Elementalist Ride The Lightning, which is to put a higher CD on the skill if it doesn’t land on the enemy. That’s about it.

That’s a huge problem though. The Rush ability whiffs constantly even when you are fighting.

Rush would have to be reworked to make it consistently hit 100% of the time before they screw with the cool downs.

At the end of the day, GS abilities are not the problem.

Nerf mobility

in Warrior

Zagerus.8675

Edit*: You know I’m not even going to spend another minute on here trying to justify or change someones opinion or whatever, especially today. Just please look deeper into the game before you suggest nerfing movement skills on the warrior.

(edited by Zagerus.8675)

Nerf mobility

in Warrior

Posted by: Chaotic Storm.2815

Chaotic Storm.2815

Good luck getting any major nerfs on warriors. It’s the 1 class anet has admitted to be where they want it in terms of overall balance. Give it a few years and maybe anet will finally get the others in line.

#ELEtism

Nerf mobility

in Warrior

Posted by: killahmayne.9518

killahmayne.9518

The trade off for using sword/GS is a lack of CC and lower damage output.

Just use GS and you’ve still got the second best mobility. Frees up your other weapon slot. I know it’s easier to say it’s not OP by forcing the example to use both sword AND greatsword, but just greatsword is plenty.

And who says Guardians can’t have mobility, do they not have a greatsword? They can actually have decent mobility if they have greatsword

^ lol this guy. Guardian greatsword has a single 600 range leap on a 15s cd. That’s still pretty awful mobility.

they can teleport using one of their meditations or using a sword albeit it needs a target, which really aren’t hard to find in WvW.

Neither of which is reliable for escape. Warrior mobility goes into AND out of fights. Guardian mobility does not.

Warrior is an all in one profession yet we don’t rely on mechanics such as clones, stealth, amazing boon generation, other AI, dodges on demand, amazing healing (unless you spec into shouts for at most decent healing), putting 1000 conditions on ppl. Most of our skills are so telegraphed it isn’t even funny.

No, you just rely on high armor, high hp, high passive regen, great condition removal, absurd mobility, and borderline immunity to cc (all on the same build) instead. Poor warriors. How do they survive?

GS alone doesn’t make the warrior have the second best mobility in the game. Thieves have incredible mobility, so can eles. Ranger’s greatsword swoop can cover as much distance as rush except in a short amount of time and is less hindered by mobility reducing conditions. And it is a lesser cooldown than warrior’s greatsword even when traited. Why does no one complain about that? I’ve seen Guardians that are pretty kitten fast as well.

People act like Warriors are the only one that can disengage fights really easily when many others can do it just as easily.

We might have high hp, high armor and high regen (I wouldn’t even call it that high even, but for argument’s sake w/e). We only have great condition removal when we spec into it. The average warrior will get overwhelmed by a condition-based class. Most people only have Cleansing Ire, Dogged March and - condition duration as their only ways to deal with conditions. Cleansing Ire if you use any other weapon besides a longbow relies on you hitting the target to clear conditions. Which can be difficult if you are fighting a thief, a mesmer (killing clones is counterproductive as it puts conditions right back on you anyway) or if you are being inflicted with chill or cripple. It also assumes that you can gather enough adrenaline within 8-10 seconds to clear it.

With all the necros running 30 in spite with veggie pizza and all sorts of other ways to prolong conditions. - condition duration has outlived some of its usefulness. To get great condition removal a warrior needs to sacrifice DPS and other types of utility. If we are so good why can we easily get our butts handed over to us by mesmers? Pistol thieves can wreck GS warriors if played correctly. Necro’s are quite possibly one of the best 1v1 classes if not below-average roamers due to their mobility.

And as I said before, our mobility isn’t absurd compared to other classes. And there is only a short window where warriors are immune to CC. Beserker Stance is 8 seconds every 60 seconds, and stability is 8 seconds every 40 seconds in the average build. Once you survive that, a double melee warrior can be easily kited.

Mace/Greatsword Video (Sept Patch)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoAjKtD6MLY

(edited by killahmayne.9518)

Nerf mobility

in Warrior

Posted by: Mookzen.4583

Mookzen.4583

And what you can give instead of HS? All other skills are joke in terms of sustain.

Welcome to the non-warrior side of the game.

Nerf mobility

in Warrior

Rednik.3809

Welcome to the non-warrior side of the game.

You mean, stealth/clones/multiple sources of invul/wide access to boons/4 sets of weapon skills/pets/second lifebar/teleports/additional evades and so on?
Oh my, I gonna switch off HS and will try to find those skills and weapons in my char tab, thanks!
Edit: can’t find ’em. Probably bug with my UI

25 charracters

Nerf mobility

in Warrior

Posted by: Mightymealworm.8409

Mightymealworm.8409

So you’re basically saying " bring warrior back to where he was a while eago when he was kept from being viable".
This is an actual quote " kept warriors from being viable". You basically just flat out stated you want this class kept in a non-viable place. Aka nerfed into the ground.

The whole idea of HS is that it offers sustain without forcing you to spec too much into it. This is balanced because of the fact that apart from that passive sustain you get almost nothing ( healing signet active is very weak).
The things you want to change about the skill are exactly the things that were designed to be the trade-off. Good passive heal without giving you the ability to turn it into an OP heal if you spec into healing power AND forces you to trade your ability to counter heavy spikes against you because of the weak active.
I play HS warrior. Poison and spikes are my bane. And that’s exactly how it should be.
Why make it like mending and have mending reworked? The skill is fine on its on and as it is.

Also the fact that you want warriors to be made unviable because you dislike the class is just an expression of what the player base has become.

Um, I said to NOT reduce condi clearing back to levels that kept warriors from being viable. NOT reduce. You may want to slow down and read all the words before you spew forth errant conclusions.

Can anyone answere this question, what is the warriors new weakness?

Nerf mobility

in Warrior

Posted by: robocafaz.9017

robocafaz.9017

I’d be okay with that, honestly. I miss the days where outplaying someone in a fight wasn’t met with “lol no skill warrior scrub.”

… ah, who am I kidding, even when Warriors were trash people still said that. :P

Deany Kong – #magswag
Head Deany Kong of Deany and the Kongs [Kong]
http://www.youtube.com/user/RoboCafaz

Nerf mobility

in Warrior

Posted by: SpecterMAT.7306

SpecterMAT.7306

nerf engineers,i hate them!

Nerf mobility

in Warrior

Furiousbeard.7602

Um, I said to NOT reduce condi clearing back to levels that kept warriors from being viable. NOT reduce. You may want to slow down and read all the words before you spew forth errant conclusions.

Can anyone answere this question, what is the warriors new weakness?

The warriors greatest strength right now is that dumb people don’t know how to play against them.

Their weakness is cry babies calling for nerfs before learning to play.

Nerf mobility

in Warrior

Posted by: P Fun Daddy.1208

P Fun Daddy.1208

I used to want warriors to be nerfed pretty badly, but recently I’ve been noticing that the vast majority of warriors are flat out awful at the game.
Like seriously, I’m maining staff ele right now and they walk straight through three stacked sets of AoE, never dodge roll, and in general just can’t seem to understand that they aren’t invincible. It’s sort of funny.

Nerf mobility

in Warrior

Posted by: renss.5764

renss.5764

as a berserker gs/axe-shield warrior, my mobility and my 2 dodges are my only defense. take that away from me because its stronger on other builds isnt right, nerf other things but not the mobility! dont make certain builds unplayable cause 1 thing is too strong on 1, yea 1 kittening build.

Nerf mobility

in Warrior

Posted by: SpecterMAT.7306

SpecterMAT.7306

nerf engineers.

Nerf mobility

in Warrior

Posted by: Artaz.3819

Artaz.3819

Somewhat offtopic.. but there is something amusing about warriors thinking that their sword is a low DPS weapon, even though its AA chain does more damage than the ranger sword chain, which is our absolute highest DPS weapon.

Oh ANet your balance is funny sometimes…

Ranger’s DPS is balanced against having a pet for all weapon sets. The pet adds roughly ~40% damage to all your weapon sets (if it stays alive and can hit the target).

I’m not saying the latter two need a ton of changes for rangers…

Nerf mobility

in Warrior

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

Leg specialist+savage leap>frenzy>flurry>balanced stance>hundred blades>whirlwind.
Dodge, rush, then savage leap again.
lolcats.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

Nerf mobility

in Warrior

Posted by: Burnfall.9573

Burnfall.9573

nerf engineers.

No!!

when did they ever endanger your class?

Let them be!!

Leave them alone!!

Advocate of Justice, Liberty and Truth

(edited by Burnfall.9573)

Nerf mobility

in Warrior

Posted by: TheGuy.3568

TheGuy.3568

Well, honestly warrior mobility is fine in general. If you are running Sw/x + GS for roaming that isn’t an issue as mobility is the point. Same with Gs for ranger. The issue arose when they nerfed ele and didn’t revert the nerfs as other mobile builds came into play. Rush is hard to land as it is so this type of nerf would have to come with a pathing fix on top of it and generally would serve no purpose as Sword has better mobility overall.

Kor The Cold Heart War
Wrekkes-Engineer Kore Rok Thief-Asraithe-Ele

Nerf mobility

in Warrior

Posted by: Fasyx.9347

Fasyx.9347

Are you guys joking? Do you really say warriors are OP because they can run away?
srsly?
Pls go back to PvE….

Warriors are op because they have high hp, high regeneration, high damage, condi remove, stuns, stuns…oh, and stuns…and they have insane mobility. Even with my d/d elementalist + fiery greatsword I cant catch a warrior.

I play a warrior myself and have to admit it. That´s why the WHOLE community is crying about warriors. But Anet just dont care…thats why PvP and WvW is unbalanced…