Nerf the warrior damage or health

in Warrior

Posted by: awe extender.1908

awe extender.1908

When a single profession can solo dungeons regardless of how skilled the player is (kudos to those players!) there is something wrong with the game and profession mechanics.

No one should be able to solo dungeons or high-end bosses, even if the player is god-like skilled. This is a clear sign, that the professions need some tweeking and balancing.

Sure, all professions have bugs and they have to be fixed. But some professions (ranger, engineer) need additional buffs to get in the same tier as the others.

I think Anet is afraid to nerf the warrior since (I guess) the major player base is warrior.

in Warrior

Posted by: Quickhit.3620

Quickhit.3620

Does it worth soloing dungeons ?
No.

in Warrior

Posted by: Daoshi.7618

Daoshi.7618

Cause PvE is so competitive? We’re at the bottom in the competitive scene which is where real game balancing matters. Warriors solo bosses because of the mechanics of the boss, not the “god mode” you think they have.

When a single profession can solo dungeons regardless of how skilled the player is…..

You pretty much shot your argument down in your opening sentence.

[SWaG] [ME] Xïü / Xïu / Xiezhi The Immortal
Human Warrior / Asura Guardian ( SPvP / TPvP r40 ) / Charr Guardian
Maguuma

(edited by Daoshi.7618)

in Warrior

Posted by: Rifter.6591

Rifter.6591

No one is soloing a dungeon with any class unless they use every exploit available(you know all those spots/ledges you can stand on and not attract aggro or take damage)

And if you are using the exploits then any class could solo a dungeon.

in Warrior

Posted by: Oglaf.1074

Oglaf.1074

You can’t nerf Warriors. Our dad owns a dealership. Also, we’d be even more useless in WvW/sPvP than we already are.

I can do thirty Five-Dolyak Arm Curls.

Do you even lift, bro?

(edited by Oglaf.1074)

in Warrior

Posted by: Rifter.6591

Rifter.6591

You can’t nerf Warriors. We’d be even more useless in WvW/sPvP than we already are.

this is also a very good point, they need to buff the rest not nerf the warrior.

in Warrior

Oglaf.1074

You can’t nerf Warriors. We’d be even more useless in WvW/sPvP than we already are.

this is also a very good point, they need to buff the rest not nerf the warrior.

Alternatively they could make dungeons a bit tougher. So that you’ll get punished if you bring only glass cannon ’zerker Warriors because honestly, if they fixed CoF Path 1, would people still complain about Warriors?

I doubt it. It is the worst offender in changing the mentality of players.

Do you even lift, bro?

in Warrior

Posted by: Zynosphere.7153

Zynosphere.7153

I second this.

Fort Aspenwood
[DRGN] Zynosphere Lafayett

in Warrior

Posted by: Obly.9243

Obly.9243

They need to not only split gear but also the way Skills work and their stats. PvP vs PvE/WvW.

Yes warriors have the a lot of DPS and can tank quite well, however in PvP currently mainly useless, either cookie cutter noob 100b build, kill 2x in 5 seconds and die, or shout build to be able to remove conditions at a decent level. In PvE conditions are hardly of concern, so of course we become more dominant that way.

The problem as mentioned though is not nerfing the warrior, its buffing other classes and while doing this splitting PvP and PvE fully into two seperate stat systems. That will make balancing a lot easier.

Can’t Buff too much in PvE for Mob hp pools vs PvP player HP pools.

wtf…skyham….all is vain

in Warrior

Posted by: Puru.4217

Puru.4217

They either need to bring every class that aren’t warrior/guardian/mesmer to that level, or they need to nerf those 3 classes, of course that mean to split pve/pvp skill as warrior are kinda meh in pvp (need buffs).

And no, it’s not only a issue in cof1, it’s a issue in every single dungeon of the game.

It’s not my fault if S/P is not popular !!!

in Warrior

Oglaf.1074

And no, it’s not only a issue in cof1, it’s a issue in every single dungeon of the game.

I’ve never seen anyone decline another player based on class for anything but CoF1, really.

Do you even lift, bro?

in Warrior

Posted by: tnarrant.9714

tnarrant.9714

No more nerfs of any class! Nerfs are the lazy way out, and they’ve already been used way too much, instead of buffing other classes. Look at it this way: if you keep hammering slightly higher nails, eventually all the nails will be level with the wood. That is, all classes would be equally mediocre and unsatisfactory to players. People do not play games to RP weak characters, they play to experience power and progress they rarely see in real life.

in Warrior

Posted by: infrequentia.3465

infrequentia.3465

but people solo dungeon on any class nowadays,
Wait better nerf all classes

“If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all the evidence that you tried.”

in Warrior

Posted by: Anjhouli.7049

Anjhouli.7049

The warrior is fine as it is – it’s not nearly as op as often stated, and not nearly as tanky as often claimed when in full berzerkers gear.
Cof1 is the only path, where groups of warriors and mesmers are searched for in that manner. Cof1 is a joke, really – it’s so not warriors or mesmers that are op, the bosses there are rather … well… lame^^ in comparison to every other dungeon/path. I play several chars, elementalist, ranger, warrior. Sometimes I like to do an hour of cof1 farming – guess what, I just open up a group, take whoever comes my way, and do just fine. Just open more mixed groups, and there is no issue at all – and there is a great need for more p1 farming groups – when I open my group, I usually get 6-10 whispers in no amount of time.
In all pvp aspect of the game, the warrior is subpar compared to most other classes – they lack in many areas necessary for pvp/wvw. Thief and mesmer are amazing in those areas of the game, and the ranger with his range of 1500 is fun to play as well. The elementalist is doing great – d/d or staff for larger groups.
I’ve never seen a 4 war 1 mes group for any dungeon but cof1… In fractals for example I love having a ranger in my group, he makes the volcano fractal much easier, as well as ele/mes/guardian…
I totally agree that some classes could need a buff in pve – necros are suffering because of poor pet ai, as well as ranger. Engineer could need an overall buff.
All in all, there is no need at all to nerf warriors – give some other classes a slight buff and kitten it, dear fellow players, open up your own cof1 farm groups

in Warrior

Posted by: redhare.9210

redhare.9210

Why is it that Warrior should be nerfed? Dps to high? Health to High? Well Im here to say that a warrior with no trait points and an elementalist with no trait points all have the same states as each other. The only stat that is not equal is health. So why did Warriors get a bigger health pool than Elementalist?

This link might help you learn why.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Aggro

So warriors at close range need the higher health to not be downed in one shot.

(edited by redhare.9210)

in Warrior

Posted by: Daoshi.7618

Daoshi.7618

Its a troll post, move on people.

[SWaG] [ME] Xïü / Xïu / Xiezhi The Immortal
Human Warrior / Asura Guardian ( SPvP / TPvP r40 ) / Charr Guardian
Maguuma

in Warrior

Posted by: awe extender.1908

awe extender.1908

They need to not only split gear but also the way Skills work and their stats. PvP vs PvE/WvW.

Yes warriors have the a lot of DPS and can tank quite well, however in PvP currently mainly useless, either cookie cutter noob 100b build, kill 2x in 5 seconds and die, or shout build to be able to remove conditions at a decent level. In PvE conditions are hardly of concern, so of course we become more dominant that way.

The problem as mentioned though is not nerfing the warrior, its buffing other classes and while doing this splitting PvP and PvE fully into two seperate stat systems. That will make balancing a lot easier.

Can’t Buff too much in PvE for Mob hp pools vs PvP player HP pools.

I stand corrected. Do as Obly suggest. Divide pve and pvp.

in Warrior

Oglaf.1074

I disagree with PvE and WvW being bunched together. It is also PvP after all.

Do you even lift, bro?

in Warrior

Posted by: Sovereign.1093

Sovereign.1093

if 5 is the strongest and 1 is the lowest, a warrior – in wvw would be on 2. Dont’ nerf us. Learn to play. >3< Buff us even.

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

in Warrior

Posted by: Feldy Skywalker.4680

Feldy Skywalker.4680

not all warrior player can or want solo dungeon, depent on what they aim. well… I’m still prefer run with full group because it’s faster than solo. GW2 need more experience with 1 class not like other MMORPG.

if you scare can’t get group with your class, why not join active guild??

in Warrior

Posted by: Ripred.4605

Ripred.4605

1. Soloing dungeons? Yeah give me 3 hours.
2. uhm, no? Didn’t think your PvE play syle was that big of a deal when it came to the big picture
3. You sound a but jealous honestly. Go make a Warrior, TRY and solo a dungeon if it’s so easy, then come back and try and fight the same argument.
4. Like someone said, warrior’s are already almost useless in sPvP and WvW

Alternatively they could make dungeons a bit tougher. So that you’ll get punished if you bring only glass cannon ’zerker Warriors because honestly, if they fixed CoF Path 1, would people still complain about Warriors?

I doubt it. It is the worst offender in changing the mentality of players.

Why fix what’s not already broken? Again, you sound like a jealous player that can’t run this dungeon path in the short time of 10 mins or whatever it is

Stop calling me a cat! I’m obviously an over sized combat kitten…

in Warrior

Posted by: Braxxus.2904

Braxxus.2904

lol!

Balance suggestions based around…. PvE.

PvE?! wtf

You can practically auto attack your way through all PvE content with the occasional dodge and heal, on any character.

pfffft… PvE heroes talking about balance. kitten /p>

Blackwater Vanguard
Yaks Bend

in Warrior

Posted by: Zagerus.8675

Zagerus.8675

Splitting skills and mechanics would be very time consuming and just not worth the effort and resources in my opinion. It would be very confusing to new players as well and I don’t really think it is needed. As pointed out soloing is quite a bit slower than if you were to do it with a group of players along side so the only real difference is bragging rights. If Warriors could solo dungeons in 10 minutes then yes I would agree something should be changed, but really nothing comes out of it other than bragging rights. The warrior next door running with friends will probably have run all paths in that dungeon for the day and be finished before the solo warrior gets through his first run.

It seems like in every one of these threads there is always someone bashing the profession they sink so many hours into. It begs the question of why not just drop warrior if you think it is in such a bad state?

I mean my goodness yeah I realize people that enjoy warrior and are kicking kitten with them probably won’t be wasting their time on a forum filled with negativity and whining but come on. This is the Warrior forum, not the sulk and lets moan about everything we don’t like corner.

(edited by Zagerus.8675)

in Warrior

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

PvE is very badly done in this game. The only other MMO I’ve played with PvE being this awful is Shadowbane, and at least Shadowbane didn’t try to pretend PvE was something it’s not. The last thing this game needs is for any decisions to be based on a class’ performance in PvE. Right now the only thing they do in PvE to make it challenging is increase the amount of trash and increase the frequency of knockdowns the trash does.

(edited by Atherakhia.4086)

in Warrior

Posted by: EvilSardine.9635

EvilSardine.9635

When a single profession can solo dungeons regardless of how skilled the player is

What? There’s no way in hell an inexperienced warrior can solo a dungeon.

in Warrior

Posted by: Vanthian.9267

Vanthian.9267

When a single profession can solo dungeons regardless of how skilled the player is (kudos to those players!) there is something wrong with the game and profession mechanics.

Better nerf Elementalist/Mesmer/Engineer/Guardians as well because there are people who play those classes and have soloed dungeons as well.

The Warrior profession need some serious buffs to be viable/contend in the PvP environment. PvE, all you need is some slight skill for something to be over powered, so please refrain from making balance calls on PvE content. I am positive you could auto attack your way through the vast majority of this game.

in Warrior

Posted by: Naekuh.7925

Naekuh.7925

if u want to nerf the warrior in PVE… then buff it in PVP.

otherwise leave the warrior alone.

This is why its been missed in so many updates.
Everyone who has a warrior has accepted it.
You leave the warrior at home in PVP.

If you buff all the other classes in PVE, then you need to buff the warrior in PVP.
Otherwise ITS NOT FAIR.

So leave the warrior OP in PVE, and Gimp him in PVP.

And if ur complaining about a warrior in PVP… then your obviously PVPing wrong.

in Warrior

Posted by: Brutalistik.6473

Brutalistik.6473

if u want to nerf the warrior in PVE… then buff it in PVP.

otherwise leave the warrior alone.

This is why its been missed in so many updates.
Everyone who has a warrior has accepted it.
You leave the warrior at home in PVP.

If you buff all the other classes in PVE, then you need to buff the warrior in PVP.
Otherwise ITS NOT FAIR.

So leave the warrior OP in PVE, and Gimp him in PVP.

And if ur complaining about a warrior in PVP… then your obviously PVPing wrong.

What are you talking about? all professions are fine in pve except armor wise. Some can handle mobs depending on their builds and some can’t. Ignore the this profession can solo this dungeon nonsense. Kudos to the professions that can solo some dungeons, but I can guarantee 100% that not everyone can accomplish the solo dungeons stuff.

In pvp you see the difference where each profession stands pro and cons. Warriors are mainly one of the few that doesn’t do well in pvp. Let’s not include WvW even though that’s pvp as well, but that’s zerg vs zerg most of the time and sometimes you face low level gear players which doesn’t accomplish much. Spvp shows you the potential of each professional and Tpvp shows you what needs to be required to make the team advance. As many times I’ve done paid Tpvp I don’t see many warriors representation there. You’ll be lucky if you get to see one warrior in the higher tiers, but I can assure that not many are up there.

Sure players can say it’s a L2P issue, but overall results they’re a underpowered profession in pvp. Usually due to conditions, lack of survival boons and limited weapons to choose to be viable in pvp. How often do you see someone DW in the top tier tpvp bracket? probably 0% especially if they’re DW sword combo.

Pineapples

(edited by Brutalistik.6473)

in Warrior

Posted by: killahmayne.9518

killahmayne.9518

lmao, better nerf guardians too then because you will most likely need 2 when you get up to 30+ fractals.

Warriors need their high health and HP if you haven’t noticed, we have no reliable source of protection/regeneration boons (not the natural ticks of healing signet and adrenal health). Warriors, having amongst the highest damage output in PvE, and highest toughness and going melee means they will usually pick up aggro more than any other class in the game. We have no reliable way to take aggro off of us or to mitigate it (either than dodge and 1 or 2 blocks here or there), no stealth, lack of reflection etc.

And besides who cares about soloing dungeons, the ones that matter need 5 man parties anyway. And it is PvE for goodness sakes, I think the name Guild Wars 2 implies more of bias and balance towards PvP.

Mace/Greatsword Video (Sept Patch)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoAjKtD6MLY