Nerf warrior please, it's too good

in Warrior

Posted by: assassin.7895

assassin.7895

(This post is not only about dungeons & fractals, it’s also about general PVE and solo content)

Warrior simply is too good in comparison to other classes. Damage is among the top, warrior has vast, insane mobility, supreme group support (banners, might, boons, power trait etc.), supreme might stacking, high vitality + toughness and on top of that ridiculous defense mechanics.

Classes such as thief, mesmer, guardian, ranger and necro are ridiculously inferior in almost all aspects. When these classes actually are able to outshine warrior in certain aspects, they suck at (almost) everything else.

For example thief can compete mobility wise, but group support, damage, might stacking, survivability is all considerably worse.

Please Anet, bring warrior back in line, similar to Pre June patch, which might make other classes more viable. Warrior is so OP, I don’t even know why anyone should choose a melee class that is not warrior.

in Warrior

Posted by: lighter.2708

lighter.2708

ill duel your war on my thief.

in Warrior

Posted by: Valik Shin.9027

Valik Shin.9027

Please tell me u r trolling. Thief is way higher on dps than warrior so is ele. Gardians have just as much or even more support. I don’t know to many people that run more than 1 warrior in a group because there r better options once the might stacking is taken care of.

Valik Shin
Darkwood Legion [DARK]
Yak’s Bend

in Warrior

assassin.7895

Please tell me u r trolling. Thief is way higher on dps than warrior so is ele. Gardians have just as much or even more support. I don’t know to many people that run more than 1 warrior in a group because there r better options once the might stacking is taken care of.

No it isn’t. Guardian doesn’t have 15-25 stacks might, thief neither. Watch how long it takes to kill Lupicus on warrior and on thief. You will see thief takes considerably longer, even though thief has lowest vit + lowest toughness.

Thus guardian’s dps is lower and apparently warrior is worth more in a group than guardian.

Also there are no groups in the mentioned PVE that organize their classes. Actually warrior is one of the most common classes in GW2.

Dueling is not part of GW2 PVE content.

(edited by assassin.7895)

in Warrior

Posted by: Nimarrodd.7823

Nimarrodd.7823

If Might-stacking is the only thing you consider as viable support, you should be a comedian.

in Warrior

Posted by: FlawlezZ.3178

FlawlezZ.3178

If Might-stacking is the only thing you consider as viable support, you should be a comedian.

?

supreme group support (banners, might, boons, power trait etc)

How does nec, thief, etc. come close? Blind (or vuln) is hardly relevant. Invis neither and it’s also impossible to pull off with random people. Only thing which warrior is lacking is reflection at VW, Teq and perhaps Triple Worm, not sure.

in Warrior

Posted by: Omega Zoa.3859

Omega Zoa.3859

“Might makes Right” – the ability to commit an act is sufficient justification to do it.

in Warrior

Posted by: Kirnale.5914

Kirnale.5914

staff 5 op

/15 charr

in Warrior

Posted by: Bartosz.2013

Bartosz.2013

(This post is not only about dungeons & fractals, it’s also about general PVE and solo content)

Warrior simply is too good in comparison to other classes. Damage is among the top, warrior has vast, insane mobility, supreme group support (banners, might, boons, power trait etc.), supreme might stacking, high vitality + toughness and on top of that ridiculous defense mechanics.

Classes such as thief, mesmer, guardian, ranger and necro are ridiculously inferior in almost all aspects. When these classes actually are able to outshine warrior in certain aspects, they suck at (almost) everything else.

For example thief can compete mobility wise, but group support, damage, might stacking, survivability is all considerably worse.

Please Anet, bring warrior back in line, similar to Pre June patch, which might make other classes more viable. Warrior is so OP, I don’t even know why anyone should choose a melee class that is not warrior.

Please nerf thief because i want to

in Warrior

Posted by: Choppy.4183

Choppy.4183

Apparently the OP and I have very different definitions of “viable”.

I’m Biff Rangoon, and I approved this message.
Ehmry Bay | Omg Brb Icecream Truck (ICEE)

in Warrior

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

Did some timeline shift happen,am i back in 2012 ?

in Warrior

Posted by: Brawl.5178

Brawl.5178

sounds like another one of those dang warriors running the 30/30/30/30/30/ build. id reports him if i’z was you….

I are a warrioh

in Warrior

Posted by: The V.8759

The V.8759

The only reason people bring in warriors in dungeons are:

• It is relatively very easy to play it compared to some other classes.
  • Banners and extra power from trait.
  • easy might stacking.

When it comes to damage, warrior aint even that good. Ele, thief and engi top warrior. Necromancer can be very close to warr just like ranger (if pet aint dead lol).

One of the Firstborn Channel of Fvux

in Warrior

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

in Warrior

Valik Shin.9027

So y not bring the other classes up? Warriors r brought for support only not dps. Dps is just a bonus. If u nerf wars to bring it in line with other classes u will teams of 4 ele a 1 gaurdian

Valik Shin
Darkwood Legion [DARK]
Yak’s Bend

in Warrior

Posted by: Blackwaltz.7156

Blackwaltz.7156

While I love warriors, and do believe their damage, offensive support, and mobility are awesome, nerfing them would make the class very bad, it relies on those things heavily.

Warrior have close to 0 defensive support and there’s guardian, engineer and elementalist for that.
I would hate to see the only class I enjoy playing getting destroyed, because you believe it is OP, on PVE, when there are other classes with reflect mechanisms that can perform equally well (if not better)…

For PvP warrior is the most average class and all depends on skill.
I have seen good warriors destroy stuff, and bad ones lose terribly.
As for pvp changes I’d recommend the class goes away a bit from Passive Defenses, like the Auto-Endure pain, and make non-stances and signets viable to pvp with.
Same applies to mesmers, those guys have insane auto-defenses too.

I am quite happy with the warrior’s state in PvP, and PvE.
Nowhere blatantly OP and nowhere near bad.

in Warrior

Posted by: Zagerus.8675

Zagerus.8675

Assassin, we need that mobility to keep up in other content (PvP) with all of the teleports that Ele, Mesmer, and Thief get. I know you said PvE but those skills are designed for multiple types of content. Thieves have access to some of the most time-saving abilities available in the game. With stealth you can turn an hour and a half pug run of Arah into a 20-30 minute run simply because of how inherently efficient thieves are at stealth. No other profession in the game allows this kind of time saving if the group is speeding through.

Also, thieves as well as mesmers bring very good defense to a party through reflects, blinds (thief) and projectile nullification. If you trait for Thrill of the Crime there is a good chance that the entire party will have perma fury and swiftness when combined with the boon support of other party members. It’s not a one man show at the highest levels of PvE play.

in Warrior

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

Okay… warrior is a good class now, don’t get me wrong.

But OP you are so factually incorrect on so many things… but in my response I’m going to only tough up on comparison between thief and warrior since what you said about thieves bothers me the most.

So thief…

First of all, thief has the highest mobility in the game out of all classes. It’s fastest underwater, it can port through walls, it can move faster in a straight line out in the open even than any other class unless they’re using an executioner’s axe toy.

There’s no ifs ands or buts— it is by far the class with the highest mobility in the game.

That said, its damage is actually slightly worse in a solo setting than a warrior on average but in groups it has potential to deal higher. The thing is, warrior is an offensive buffing class in group-oriented PvE but it can also apply some of its group-buffing capabilities to itself as well, like banner of discipline and forceful greatsword.

Warrior is indeed a strong class! The thing is, warrior is one of the classes that benefits the least from being near others. It is a very self-sufficient class, which is why when you’re leveling with it or just doing regular everyday activities it’s a lot easier and intuitive to get things done with.

It doesn’t need any nerfs though, because the reality is that while it does have very high potential to be great it has lower potential than a lot of the other classes in many areas.

In fact, its mobility is deceiving. It isn’t nearly as mobile anymore as you might think, and that’s mostly because of the nerf this summer to movement skills not being affected by swiftness. GS rush still to this day feels sluggish! I knew I would be right— there’s just no getting used to it no matter how long I play

in Warrior

Posted by: Rygg.6237

Rygg.6237

?

How does nec, thief, etc. come close? Blind (or vuln) is hardly relevant. Invis neither…

Stopped reading there, vuln and blind not relevant? you do realize that if you blind a target when an mportant attack animation starts makes it miss and thus mitigates damage for the whole party?, you do realize that stacking might is irrelevant if you do not keep an eye on also stacking vuln?, also if the pug breaks out of refugee or doesn’t blast smoke fields then they have a ton of things from the combat mechanics still.

Also if anything, I’d rather have harder PvE content than “nerfing a class because it’s troo stronk plz nerf” this games needs less zerging and 1 spamming in order to make people learn the combat mechanics, but I guess it’s just too much to ask, some encounters have been nerfed to oblivion because people argue that the content it’s too hard.

(edited by Rygg.6237)

in Warrior

Purple Miku.7032

Rygg while you’re right about vuln and blind being important, you’re doing yourself a disservice to claim that “stacking might is irrelevant if you do not keep an eye on also stacking vuln.”

Those two are different totally different things that just increase output. Both of them are relevant, and neither of them require one another to make proper use of.

Other than that I agree with you.

in Warrior

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

Warrior is fine OP – your suggestion however is terrible

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

in Warrior

Valik Shin.9027

Rygg while you’re right about vuln and blind being important, you’re doing yourself a disservice to claim that “stacking might is irrelevant if you do not keep an eye on also stacking vuln.”

Those two are different totally different things that just increase output. Both of them are relevant, and neither of them require one another to make proper use of.

Vulnerability is far more important than might. I don’t know the exact math bu I’d bet that 10-15 vuln is equal to 25 stacks of might on the whole party.

Valik Shin
Darkwood Legion [DARK]
Yak’s Bend

in Warrior

Posted by: Goldenrevolver.4371

Goldenrevolver.4371

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in Warrior

Posted by: King Noob IV.3560

King Noob IV.3560

why do people care about how op another class is in pve when it doesnt affect them at all

D/D Elementalist takes no skill but is good at everything in the game.
Mesmer is unfun to play against and does everything better than thieves.
Hoping those two get gutted with nerfs

in Warrior

Posted by: Exos.3472

Exos.3472

To some point it can.
Remember when guard symbols were bugged and didn’t ha limitation on the +10% damage buff ?

It was guard hammer meta or get the kitten out. But in their defense, fractals 50 in 20 minutes was awesome.

OP clearly is a joke, warriors are rarely welcome when the group has a ps.

in Warrior

Posted by: DresdenAllblack.1249

DresdenAllblack.1249

This is the FIRST I’ve heard about us being OP, actually the second…(Rampage).

Warrior is solid, but could be better, just like many other classes.

We always run 2 Wars, play with friends not strangers, then party composition is irrelevant.

Angelina is free game again.
Crystal Desert

in Warrior

Posted by: NikeEU.7690

NikeEU.7690

Vulnerability is far more important than might. I don’t know the exact math bu I’d bet that 10-15 vuln is equal to 25 stacks of might on the whole party.

25 Might and 25 vuln are roughly equal. 300 power is roughly 10% damage. 300 Power = 10 Might. 10 vuln = 10% damage.

Vuln is only worth putting more thought into because its harder to achieve than Might. If BOTH your Might and your Vuln suck, fixing either is an equal priority to the other.

[DnT]::Nike::
www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt

(edited by NikeEU.7690)

in Warrior

Valik Shin.9027

25 Might and 25 vuln are roughly equal. 300 power is roughly 10% damage. 300 Power = 10 Might. 10 vuln = 10% damage.

Vuln is only worth putting more thought into because its harder to achieve than Might. If BOTH your Might and your Vuln suck, fixing either is an equal priority to the other.

Doesn’t seam right but I ran the numbers and u r correct. Thank u for the info

Valik Shin
Darkwood Legion [DARK]
Yak’s Bend

in Warrior

assassin.7895

?

How does nec, thief, etc. come close? Blind (or vuln) is hardly relevant. Invis neither…

Stopped reading there, vuln and blind not relevant? you do realize that if you blind a target when an mportant attack animation starts makes it miss and thus mitigates damage for the whole party?, you do realize that stacking might is irrelevant if you do not keep an eye on also stacking vuln?, also if the pug breaks out of refugee or doesn’t blast smoke fields then they have a ton of things from the combat mechanics still.

Also if anything, I’d rather have harder PvE content than “nerfing a class because it’s troo stronk plz nerf” this games needs less zerging and 1 spamming in order to make people learn the combat mechanics, but I guess it’s just too much to ask, some encounters have been nerfed to oblivion because people argue that the content it’s too hard.

1. You can’t blind bosses.
2. In SW mobs mostly have big AoE, they don’t stay in blind powder etc., you can’t blind every attack (Ele can, which is op)
3. Vuln is capped at 25 stacks I think, which you will always get regardless of your build at bosses. Versus smaller mob groups vuln hardly matters, because you and other players mostly won’t attack the same target. Necro vuln might be useful, but I don’t think just the vuln justifies the use of a necro instead of a warrior. Warrior can also apply good amount of vuln.
4. regular mobs die so fast, vuln build up doesn’t happen anyway.

But OP you are so factually incorrect on so many things… but in my response I’m going to only tough up on comparison between thief and warrior since what you said about thieves bothers me the most.

So thief…

First of all, thief has the highest mobility in the game out of all classes. It’s fastest underwater, it can port through walls, it can move faster in a straight line out in the open even than any other class unless they’re using an executioner’s axe toy.

There’s no ifs ands or buts— it is by far the class with the highest mobility in the game.

That said, its damage is actually slightly worse in a solo setting than a warrior on average but in groups it has potential to deal higher. The thing is, warrior is an offensive buffing class in group-oriented PvE but it can also apply some of its group-buffing capabilities to itself as well, like banner of discipline and forceful greatsword.

Warrior is indeed a strong class! The thing is, warrior is one of the classes that benefits the least from being near others. It is a very self-sufficient class, which is why when you’re leveling with it or just doing regular everyday activities it’s a lot easier and intuitive to get things done with.

It doesn’t need any nerfs though, because the reality is that while it does have very high potential to be great it has lower potential than a lot of the other classes in many areas.

In fact, its mobility is deceiving. It isn’t nearly as mobile anymore as you might think, and that’s mostly because of the nerf this summer to movement skills not being affected by swiftness. GS rush still to this day feels sluggish! I knew I would be right— there’s just no getting used to it no matter how long I play

You might be able to move faster as thief, but what about combat? With every movement skill on warrior you’re able to do damage. If you use SB 5 you automatically lose damage (waste initiative and also can’t use your sword or dagger) and Shadow return is on too high cooldown. Heartseeker is slower than warrior, withdraw is actually is a good skill though. I think it’s both equal.

Also I absolutely agree about the nerf of movement skills, it’s very bad.

Since dagger can only attack two targets and your low hp and toughness require additional survivability you’re mostly forced to use S/P. Sometimes using backstab skill is hardly possible. In most PVE content (dungeons is only small percentage) I think warrior deals more damage and offers more support. Thief might have a potential to deal more damage, but only when all odds are given, which is not the case mostly. And tbh you would expect thief to do more damage.

Tell me people, why is warrior good at almost everything and partly among the best or the best, but classes such as necro or ranger suck at almost everything mentioned? How is that justified? It feels like Anet loves warrior and ignores certain other classes.

(edited by assassin.7895)

in Warrior

Valik Shin.9027

ok so let get some things strait here. If we r talking about open world then warrior probaly is the best class but its open world. Its brainless enen on glass ele so it doesn’t matter how good something is there. In dungeons wars r brought for support along with gaurds. ele and thief r dps. in wvw warrior r nothing more than cc and banner bot for zerg play. pvp? warrior is not in a great spot there.

Valik Shin
Darkwood Legion [DARK]
Yak’s Bend

in Warrior

Posted by: Sykper.6583

Sykper.6583

Hey guys…

What are our ridiculous defense mechanics?

Suicidal Warrior.
Putting Perspective on Zerg Sizes since 2012. Common Suffixes for 40+ include ~Zilla and ~Train
“Seriously, just dodge.”

in Warrior

Purple Miku.7032

You might be able to move faster as thief, but what about combat? With every movement skill on warrior you’re able to do damage. If you use SB 5 you automatically lose damage (waste initiative and also can’t use your sword or dagger) and Shadow return is on too high cooldown. Heartseeker is slower than warrior, withdraw is actually is a good skill though. I think it’s both equal.

Since dagger can only attack two targets and your low hp and toughness require additional survivability you’re mostly forced to use S/P. Sometimes using backstab skill is hardly possible. In most PVE content (dungeons is only small percentage) I think warrior deals more damage and offers more support. Thief might have a potential to deal more damage, but only when all odds are given, which is not the case mostly. And tbh you would expect thief to do more damage.

Tell me people, why is warrior good at almost everything and partly among the best or the best, but classes such as necro or ranger suck at almost everything mentioned? How is that justified? It feels like Anet loves warrior and ignores certain other classes.

Why do you need to bring up combat movement in PvE? When do you ever need to spam movement skills during a fight? In PvE once you engage in a fight, generally speaking it stays there unless you intentionally move away in which case the enemy/enemies in question will chase after you. It’s rarely ever the other way around.

But in general you’re incorrect about warriors doing more damage than thieves in group combat. You have to understand that warrior is literally only there to buff the group with banners, EA and might. It deals average-at-best damage with its phalanx build, and in groups you just never get to see warrior’s true potential for damage because why would you take a warrior for damage when you could take an elementalist, engineer or a thief that is capable of dealing even higher?

Sorry I don’t mean to offend you but you’re just severely misinformed. You think warrior is dealing way higher damage than it actually is. The reality is that in groups warriors take strength runes instead of scholar which is what every class would take if they were going for maximum damage. They also take the tactics specialization instead of discipline and lose out on some hefty traits for personal damage like heightened focus/burst mastery. Last but not least, phalanx warriors have to take fried golden dumplings to help maintain 25 might at all times instead of a more potent food choice for personal damage like truffle steaks.

in Warrior

Posted by: mcwurth.2081

mcwurth.2081

for some odd reason i am always on lower health during a fight with my warrior then with any of my other squishy characters (mesmer, ele, necro).

my warrior tends to die faster then those others as well. sure the armor and buffs help to stay alive easy, but my squishy characters are way faster in killing then my warrior. if anything warrior should be buffed to be an actual warrior.

in Warrior

Harper.4173

?

2. In SW mobs mostly have big AoE, they don’t stay in blind powder etc., you can’t blind every attack (Ele can, which is op)
3. Vuln is capped at 25 stacks I think, which you will always get regardless of your build at bosses. Versus smaller mob groups vuln hardly matters, because you and other players mostly won’t attack the same target. Necro vuln might be useful, but I don’t think just the vuln justifies the use of a necro instead of a warrior. Warrior can also apply good amount of vuln.

So thief…

I find it terribly hilarious that you’re upset mobs don’t stand in your black powder. Thank you for cheering me up.

in Warrior

Harper.4173

To take this seriously.

1. Ranger doesn’t suck at everything but is incredibly hindered in PvE because it has a pet. This is nobody but Anet’s design and their refusal to part with it is why the ranger is in such a bad spot.

The pet is hard to control in PvE and as such most rangers fail to do it properly giving rangers a bad name when it comes to PvE.
Furthermore – even when fully in control of your pet ( to the extent the game allows you to) it still has its own random skills and abilities that it will do when it feels like it – so you’re basically partially dependent on an AI.

Not to mention tells and 1hit mechanics you can dodge but your pet can’t – leaving it dead and cutting your effectiveness down by a large margin.

All these would be alleviated not by nerfing other classes but by simply giving rangers a chance to run without the kitten pet.

2. Necro only sucks if you look strictly at the PvE encounters we have now. And even there I would argue a good necro player will still be more than acceptable if playing properly.
I hear the new raids will bring a new and glorious spot for necro – so let’s not nerf/buff things in relation to how well they do in PvE when the newest and most relevant PvE encounters are yet to come – and we don’t know how any class performs in that area except for the dev statement that “necro is in a good place for raids” – if that can be trusted.

in Warrior

Posted by: BringerOfDefeat.9834

BringerOfDefeat.9834

I’m just saying this, but teef is able to stack 15-25 stacks of might in a few seconds. Warrior doesn’t need a nerf, dodging an eviscerate is really easly, same with bulls charge, earth shaker, etc. You just need to learn how to kill a warrior, to begin with in any fight, kite around chaining CnD on teef (or what ever you do with the class you play) and get a look at the build this warrior is using. a lot of warriors at the start of a fight with activate Berserker Stance, so until it runs out, just kite, when it runs out you can chain CnD again, or use SB (whatever ranged you use if you do) and tease out his endure pain, every warrior will be running at least one of them. save your stun breakers for the right moment. If your using D/P than use the combo of pistol skill 5 and heart seeker for stealth, wait out zerker stance, try to stay in your black powder for a bit; A blind foe, is a weak foe.

Also isn’t teef like bottom tier now or something? So if you do play thief, and keep dying to warriors, well there’s your problem, you need to get good xD

in Warrior

Posted by: BringerOfDefeat.9834

BringerOfDefeat.9834

Just to point out, necro is really OP if used, same with guard, mes, ranger, engi. And if you want to say something needs nerfed, write about D/D ele, and not warrior.

in Warrior

assassin.7895

Just to point out, necro is really OP if used, same with guard, mes, ranger, engi. And if you want to say something needs nerfed, write about D/D ele, and not warrior.

Necro, guard, mesmer, ranger, engineer, thief are not OP.

I’m just saying this, but teef is able to stack 15-25 stacks of might in a few seconds. Warrior doesn’t need a nerf, dodging an eviscerate is really easly, same with bulls charge, earth shaker, etc. You just need to learn how to kill a warrior, to begin with in any fight, kite around chaining CnD on teef (or what ever you do with the class you play) and get a look at the build this warrior is using. a lot of warriors at the start of a fight with activate Berserker Stance, so until it runs out, just kite, when it runs out you can chain CnD again, or use SB (whatever ranged you use if you do) and tease out his endure pain, every warrior will be running at least one of them. save your stun breakers for the right moment. If your using D/P than use the combo of pistol skill 5 and heart seeker for stealth, wait out zerker stance, try to stay in your black powder for a bit; A blind foe, is a weak foe.

Also isn’t teef like bottom tier now or something? So if you do play thief, and keep dying to warriors, well there’s your problem, you need to get good xD

I think you wrote this in the wrong topic.

?

So thief…

I find it terribly hilarious that you’re upset mobs don’t stand in your black powder. Thank you for cheering me up.

What? I’m not playing thief in PVE, thief is garbage. Ele is million times better, just use 1x Ice Bow and Meteor Shower and you’re done with every event. Also why would any thief ever blind his foes? Just use Pistol Whip + Critical Strikes and you’re nearly invincible. Besides BP is simply too bad to use, not reliable, just like I said.

Np though.

in Warrior

assassin.7895

Why do you need to bring up combat movement in PvE? When do you ever need to spam movement skills during a fight? In PvE once you engage in a fight, generally speaking it stays there unless you intentionally move away in which case the enemy/enemies in question will chase after you. It’s rarely ever the other way around.

But in general you’re incorrect about warriors doing more damage than thieves in group combat. You have to understand that warrior is literally only there to buff the group with banners, EA and might. It deals average-at-best damage with its phalanx build, and in groups you just never get to see warrior’s true potential for damage because why would you take a warrior for damage when you could take an elementalist, engineer or a thief that is capable of dealing even higher?

Sorry I don’t mean to offend you but you’re just severely misinformed. You think warrior is dealing way higher damage than it actually is. The reality is that in groups warriors take strength runes instead of scholar which is what every class would take if they were going for maximum damage. They also take the tactics specialization instead of discipline and lose out on some hefty traits for personal damage like heightened focus/burst mastery. Last but not least, phalanx warriors have to take fried golden dumplings to help maintain 25 might at all times instead of a more potent food choice for personal damage like truffle steaks.

Tequatl tagging mobs, 3rd VW boss moves, kiting bosses/mobs is also possible without switching weapons.

Why do you always bring up groups? In PVE 90% of the cases you’re simply in a group to get back into the map after DC and mostly players aren’t at the same place. It’s not organized.

I never (wanted to say) said that thief does less or equal damage in dungeon & fractal group content.

Also, does greatsword really do less damage than sword on thief (even when buffed)? I’m not sure.

Warrior simply has lots of damage, survivability and also good support (even without phalanx strength). Thief has hardly support and to get decent survivability has to use give up some damage traits.

in Warrior

Posted by: cryorion.9532

cryorion.9532

Reply to the first OP post:

Warrior is just that good. Love it. Deal with it.

in Warrior

Posted by: DresdenAllblack.1249

DresdenAllblack.1249

Actually I’ve never had a ranger’s pet PBS an enemy out of my 100 blades.

Poorly timed PBS is the #1 reason rangers are frowned upon.

Angelina is free game again.
Crystal Desert

in Warrior

Harper.4173

Necro, guard, mesmer, ranger, engineer, thief are not OP.

I think you wrote this in the wrong topic.

?

So thief…

What? I’m not playing thief in PVE, thief is garbage. Ele is million times better, just use 1x Ice Bow and Meteor Shower and you’re done with every event. Also why would any thief ever blind his foes? Just use Pistol Whip + Critical Strikes and you’re nearly invincible. Besides BP is simply too bad to use, not reliable, just like I said.

Np though.

Read my other post too if you’d like.

in Warrior

Harper.4173

Actually I’ve never had a ranger’s pet PBS an enemy out of my 100 blades.

Poorly timed PBS is the #1 reason rangers are frowned upon.

But it’s a skill – they have to use it on cooldown r-right guys?

in Warrior

Posted by: ADTempys.6382

ADTempys.6382

Are you really complaining about the open world balance ? Please…

When people refer to PvE balance it’s towards dungeon and fractals, if you just speak about open world then you don’t have a party and then yes warrior will do more damages than a thief.

But seriously why would you complain than a class is better on it’s own than another class when the game was designed around party content ?

(edited by ADTempys.6382)

in Warrior

assassin.7895

To take this seriously.

1. Ranger doesn’t suck at everything but is incredibly hindered in PvE because it has a pet. This is nobody but Anet’s design and their refusal to part with it is why the ranger is in such a bad spot.

The pet is hard to control in PvE and as such most rangers fail to do it properly giving rangers a bad name when it comes to PvE.
Furthermore – even when fully in control of your pet ( to the extent the game allows you to) it still has its own random skills and abilities that it will do when it feels like it – so you’re basically partially dependent on an AI.

Not to mention tells and 1hit mechanics you can dodge but your pet can’t – leaving it dead and cutting your effectiveness down by a large margin.

All these would be alleviated not by nerfing other classes but by simply giving rangers a chance to run without the kitten pet.

2. Necro only sucks if you look strictly at the PvE encounters we have now. And even there I would argue a good necro player will still be more than acceptable if playing properly.
I hear the new raids will bring a new and glorious spot for necro – so let’s not nerf/buff things in relation to how well they do in PvE when the newest and most relevant PvE encounters are yet to come – and we don’t know how any class performs in that area except for the dev statement that “necro is in a good place for raids” – if that can be trusted.

It’s not only the pet. Greatsword, sword, longbow are all bad (low dmg, odd AA, single target damage). Only AoE which is good is burn spam. Honestly I would really like to see the arrow barrage to be as good as meteor shower.

Why does warrior have equal (avg.) or slightly lower DPS than ranger but more support, more health and armor? I repeat myself, but that’s what most of my anger is about. Most classes have few pros, but also cons. I hardly see cons on warrior. Is it because anet devs prefer warrior, because they play it? Like it was said in the past?

Necro could nevertheless need buff on mobility, support, dmg. But you’re right, Necro spec will likely do very good damage, while being really tanky. Will probably still be bad in WvW and PVE though.

in Warrior

assassin.7895

Are you really complaining about the open world balance ? Please…

When people refer to PvE balance it’s towards dungeon and fractals, if you just speak about open world then you don’t have a party and then yes warrior will do more damages than a thief.

But seriously why would you complain than a class is better on it’s own than another class when the game was designed around party content ?

The game changed over time and most content is open world. OFC i’m complaining, I don’t see any reason why warrior should get (almost) everything and some classes hardly get something.

in Warrior

Posted by: Omega Zoa.3859

Omega Zoa.3859

Listen man, Warrior has been HEAVILY nerfed since 2012 days, both directly and indirectly, we are the most balanced class at the moment. I remember when we could EASILY with 100 blades hit up to 40k. Now its around 25k-30k.

At the moment warriors in dungeons are only viewed for support, we are REQUIRED to take ps/banners otherwise we are viewed as useless.

“Might makes Right” – the ability to commit an act is sufficient justification to do it.

in Warrior

Posted by: mooty.4560

mooty.4560

Warrior GS and axe used to be very popular DPS options for PvE, but both have been nerfed heavily. It’s arguable that they were inferior even in the early days but rose to prominence simply because they were more accessible than other class’s DPS specs. Now, GW2 PvE has always been easy enough that most class specs and weapons are plenty viable, it’s just in terms of raw numbers the warrior class has fallen further behind others.

Yes, warrior benefits from the highest base health bonus and heavy armor. It also has very straight forward defensive utility that is suited to face tanking. Invulnerability, stealth and avoidance on the other hand are not at all a warrior’s strong point.

The mobility ranks among the best for getting around in places like WvW maps but seems to be mainly geared toward gap closing your foe and lacks built-in evasion. So while the mobility may help you escape, catch-up or just move around in general, it is not the best for in-combat scenarios where you need to avoid getting hit while moving about. In a game that is plum full of stalling abilities like teleporting mesmers, stealthing thieves(or vice versa), evasive eles, blocking guardians, 50,000 health necros, kiting/cc spamming rangers etc. the warrior is very high on the list of immobile and easy to kill targets. This class is my main for the record and I still prioritize warriors as among my first targets in a team fight.

in Warrior

Posted by: jayson.6512

jayson.6512

hahaha strictly pve rofl

in Warrior

Posted by: Goldenrevolver.4371

Goldenrevolver.4371

The game changed over time and most content is open world. OFC i’m complaining, I don’t see any reason why warrior should get (almost) everything and some classes hardly get something.

sooooo….youre talking about silverwastes balance? because thats the only open world event where groups dont matter atm. everything else is and will be in a group. dungeons and fractals are 5 man, raids will be 10 man. also why dont u put that in the title?

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140