New Arms or Defense Trait

in Warrior

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

Gain a small amount of health for critical hits.

-or-

Gain a small amount of health when striking stunned or knocked down foes.

There is no way to naturally fix a warrior’s sustain is there? this is pretty much just “built-in food buffs”

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

in Warrior

Posted by: Scoobaniec.9561

Scoobaniec.9561

NO more on stunned/whatever effects. I actually won’t be surprised when some adapt trait will be moved to master bc of that qq

in Warrior

Posted by: Dand.8231

Dand.8231

There is no way to naturally fix a warrior’s sustain is there? this is pretty much just “built-in food buffs”

Yeah! If only those jerk devs would improve our heals by buffing adrenal surges heal, having mending remove more condis, and upping healing sigs passive.

>_>

Seriously dude?

in Warrior

Zietlogik.6208

Yeah! If only those jerk devs would improve our heals by buffing adrenal surges heal, having mending remove more condis, and upping healing sigs passive.

>_>

Seriously dude?

This isn’t sustain….this is augmented healing (in exception to Signet). Seriously dude?

In a battle of attrition you have no sustain, because your heal is a spike heal.

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

(edited by Zietlogik.6208)

in Warrior

Dand.8231

In a battle of attrition you have no sustain, because your heal is a spike heal.

kitten , you got me. If only we had a high HP/s Passive Heal of some kind, instead of nothing but spike healing…

in Warrior

Zietlogik.6208

kitten , you got me. If only we had a high HP/s Passive Heal of some kind, instead of nothing but spike healing…

HP is highest yes, same as Necro in fact, and passive heal? other than signet? you mean adrenal health…ya that does alot….no, no really it does!

kitten you people pounce on this kitten like you make a living off negativity and being useless, productive posts please! Or is that asking too much from teh intarnetz lately?

in Warrior

Dand.8231

HP is highest yes, same as Necro in fact, and passive heal? other than signet? you mean adrenal health…ya that does alot….no, no really it does!

kitten you people pounce on this kitten like you make a living off negativity and being useless, productive posts please! Or is that asking too much from teh intarnetz lately?

Sigh. HP and HP/s are different. No wonder you’re raging, you’ve even got the basic terminology all wrong.

HP is Health Pool (or points, depending on who you ask. whatever.) Yes we have the highest base Health Pool. Means nothing for long term sustain, just spike damage.

HP/s is “Heal Points per second.” Its a measure of how much raw healing one can generate if broken down. Healing Signet is easy, as it heals every second. Healing Surge, and most heals really, are also easy, simply divide its Heal Value by its cooldown.

Run Healing Signet, Shout Healing, Adrenal Health, Soldier Runes, Clerics Gear, and eat Mango Pies. Use a Hammer+Mace/Shield. You will have kitten amounts of Sustain, in terms of raw healing, condi removal, and all the time your opponent spends stunned, or gets blocked/countered, IE not hitting you.

The only drawback is your damage will be low… but you cant have EVERYTHING at once.

Do your homework.

in Warrior

Posted by: ArtemisEntreri.4138

ArtemisEntreri.4138

I still suggest adding ways to mitigate damage through our weapon choices. Blocks, dazes, stuns, and evade tweaks would be helpful with reduced cool downs.

Example:

Shield Stance
Block attacks while channeling.
Duration 3 seconds. Cool down 30 seconds (24 if traited).

Suggestion:

Shield Stance (classified as a stance)
Block attacks while channeling and move at a reduced speed.
Duration 4 seconds (5 seconds with sure-footed). Cool down 20 seconds (18 if traited).

Why a shorter cooldown and longer duration? Overpowered right? Well you’re not really doing damage, merely eliminating incoming damage and you are moving at a reduced rate which is the draw back. It doesn’t provide stability so you can still be feared and pulled from mesmers and if it helped I am sure they could negotiate either AoE knocked downs, knocked backs or even blowout abilities to bypass the shield that would normally require stability.

If you also look at the main hand mace I think it’s a great defensive weapon if the block was also a 2 second channel and didn’t retaliate when it took a hit but granted adrenaline like usual.

Options like this to allow a block, a 1-2 second daze/stun, a blind, or evades will stop incoming damage temporarily. This way we don’t have to get Aegis or Protection boons and homogenize with the guardian class.

Guardian / Warrior / Thief / Necromancer
Black Gate – Immortals of the Mist [IoM]

in Warrior

Posted by: Copenhagen.7015

Copenhagen.7015

I still suggest adding ways to mitigate damage through our weapon choices. Blocks, dazes, stuns, and evade tweaks would be helpful with reduced cool downs.

Example:

Shield Stance
Block attacks while channeling.
Duration 3 seconds. Cool down 30 seconds (24 if traited).

Suggestion:

Shield Stance (classified as a stance)
Block attacks while channeling and move at a reduced speed.
Duration 4 seconds (5 seconds with sure-footed). Cool down 20 seconds (18 if traited).

Why a shorter cooldown and longer duration? Overpowered right? Well you’re not really doing damage, merely eliminating incoming damage and you are moving at a reduced rate which is the draw back. It doesn’t provide stability so you can still be feared and pulled from mesmers and if it helped I am sure they could negotiate either AoE knocked downs, knocked backs or even blowout abilities to bypass the shield that would normally require stability.

If you also look at the main hand mace I think it’s a great defensive weapon if the block was also a 2 second channel and didn’t retaliate when it took a hit but granted adrenaline like usual.

Options like this to allow a block, a 1-2 second daze/stun, a blind, or evades will stop incoming damage temporarily. This way we don’t have to get Aegis or Protection boons and homogenize with the guardian class.

I’m jealous that I didn’t think of that idea first. Shield Stance should be affected by Stance traits (duration, vigor). Yes, that is a brilliant idea. Only problem is that Sure-Footed (stance duration) is in the same trait line as Shield Mastery and Cleansing Ire.

Imagine blowing your dodges, putting up shield block and proccing Vigor. By the time shield block is over you should have a dodge up.