New Warrior Elite: Squire

in Warrior

Posted by: TheDevice.2751

TheDevice.2751

AI Squire. Elite skill concept.

So I’ve read some posts here and there on the access to 3 weapon slots. And I wanted to bring that idea to a plausible means. The basic idea behind this Elite skill is as follows:

The squire would be an elite skill which summons an armored fighter. The squire would remain idle and passive, having high defensive stats, only attacking enemies in a short vicinity of itself and follows the warrior at a safe distance. A passive buff will be granted to all allies in a much higher aoe such as might or bonus to armor.

The main function of the squire is allowing the warrior to access 1 out of 5 weapons once reactivating the elite, the squires activated ability. The ability would call the squire (“Squire!”) altering you current weapon skill set (1-5) once the squire reaches you. 1-5 will become different weapon options for a short time. For example: (1) Sword, (2) Axe, (3) Mace, (4) Hammer, (5) Greatsword. Activating that skill will equip that weapon and change the weapon skills accordingly.

Furthermore, to ensure a sense of true variety and usefulness of the squire’s active ability, the weapons available for selection (1-5 once the squire is called) will be weapons other than your original set of weapons.

Example:
Your main weapon slot is Hammer and your secondary weapon slot is Mace / Shield. You use the active ability of the squire “Squire!”; he runs to you and your weapon skill set becomes (1) Sword, (2) Axe, (3) Greatsword, (4) Rifle, (5) Longbow. You select one of these options and equip that weapon (possibly gaining a short boon).

When you swap weapons from the set you gained from the squire both of your weapon sets will revert back to its original sets.

To more detail: The weapons would of course not have any enhancements or anything like a normal weapon. Their base damage would scale based on level and could possibly gain the same stat bonuses as the (real) weapon it replaced.

So tell me what you guys think.

(edited by TheDevice.2751)

in Warrior

Posted by: Jonwar.9205

Jonwar.9205

no more pets… please, no more pets.

Hurr Durr Blades – PvP Warrior
Jangeol – WvW Warrior

in Warrior

Posted by: Olba.5376

Olba.5376

I don’t think you should bring in more elites until you get the current ones done better.

No one likes the passive of Signet of Rage. No one likes the ridiculous cooldown on Battle Standard.

in Warrior

Posted by: peter.9024

peter.9024

Can it be more complicated? Thanks!

Skullclamp

in Warrior

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

So a elite bag slot so we don’t carry extra weapons in our inventory? Also the squire would need to auto detect my current build because I wouldn’t want him to bring me carrion when I am running zerk also the weapons need to be cosmetically appealing I don’t want him bringing me a level 10 skin greatsword.

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

in Warrior

Posted by: Olba.5376

Olba.5376

So a elite bag slot so we don’t carry extra weapons in our inventory? Also the squire would need to auto detect my current build because I wouldn’t want him to bring me carrion when I am running zerk also the weapons need to be cosmetically appealing I don’t want him bringing me a level 10 skin greatsword.

So essentially you would either need a human servant or a true AI.

I think the former cannot be provided unless you pay for it, what with slavery being kinda frowned upon and the latter just isn’t possible. Yet.

in Warrior

Posted by: Greyzz.2681

Greyzz.2681

Sounds pretty complicated to implement, id rather a few of the following:

Chained Throw (Physical Utility) 40 Second CD – Throws a spiked chain pulling your enemy to you and immobilize(3sec) them.

Deafening Roar (Shout) 40 Second CD – You shout, instilling fear (3sec) and immobilizing (3sec) all enemies within 600 range

Current standard – reduce the cd by a minute

in Warrior

TheDevice.2751

So… i’m guessing no?

Its not even that complicated. Maybe I used too many big words.

1. It’s not a bag slot.
2. Its an AI who will bring you a weapon during combat.
3. Non-customized appearance. Possibly looking better in accordance with your level. (people don’t complain about Fiery Greatsword on ele)
4. It’s just a bunch of ideas.

in Warrior

Greyzz.2681

So… i’m guessing no?

1. It’s not a bag slot.
3. Non-customized appearance. Possibly looking better in accordance with your level. (people don’t complain about Fiery Greatsword on ele)

Maybe you are right, maybe it can be implemented easy, how does it work in the following situations?

With options 1-5? are you able to pick an offhand weapon? Say you are using a sword in offhand (hard to believe i know) and you now want a shield? Can you pick that? What if you like your offhand sword and now want a main-hand mace?

What if you are using a 2hander but now you want to use a axe and a mace?

What if you are under water? do you get to pick other classes weapons like trident?

in Warrior

TheDevice.2751

So… i’m guessing no?

1. It’s not a bag slot.

Maybe you are right, maybe it can be implemented easy, how does it work in the following situations?

With options 1-5? are you able to pick an offhand weapon? Say you are using a sword in offhand (hard to believe i know) and you now want a shield? Can you pick that? What if you like your offhand sword and now want a main-hand mace?

What if you are under water? do you get to pick other classes weapons like trident?

Oh good questions.

Well, the only idea I had for that was it would only replace main hand. And as for underwater it would be a non-underwater elite (like few other AI utilities)

in Warrior

TheDevice.2751

Oh and for the 2-hander question you could possibly even go a step further into complication lol and select 2 weapons instead of just 1. The first one being main hand.

in Warrior

Greyzz.2681

So… i’m guessing no?

1. It’s not a bag slot.

Oh good questions.

Well, the only idea I had for that was it would only replace main hand. And as for underwater it would be a non-underwater elite (like few other AI utilities)

So if it can’t be used under water, when you come out from being under water does it go on full cooldown? Or does the squire just appear with his bag of axes and other miscellaneous weapons?

So if it only replaces main hand, warriors have access to 7 total weapons, I assume it would be a “intelligent” ability in the sense it realizes what weapons you have equipped and takes them out of the weapon selection. When you press 1-5 in this instance how to the bars move around? Say you have mace and hammer, they are removed from 1-5 so is the 1-5 order just random? or is there some kind of set 1-5 depending on what weapons you have equipped at the time?

In the heat of battle it must get kind of complicated, would hate to fat finger and get the wrong weapon.

If you just finish weapon swapping, does this ability over ride that cooldown or does it obey it?

in Warrior

TheDevice.2751

ah more good ones

So it would respond like other non-underwater utilities. Going on cooldown if that utility slot was used underwater.

So the weapon hand thing could be done in numerous ways. I couldn’t really say what would fit perfectly and fair. 2 weapons could be selected as i said. If you fat-finger it then u fat-finger it. That’s kinda the risk with fat-fingers…. all skills face that risk.

The weapon order 1-5 would also be a thing to consider. Numerous ways to do it.

And yes, its not a swap so its unaffected

in Warrior

Greyzz.2681

So… i’m guessing no?

1. It’s not a bag slot.

For some reason I am thinking “big words” was not the problem, and your idea is actually pretty complicated to test, implement, balance rework and tweak for something most people wont even use.

Look at rampage, it is basically a “third weapon” and no one picks that, just saying.

in Warrior

TheDevice.2751

So… i’m guessing no?

1. It’s not a bag slot.

For some reason I am thinking “big words” was not the problem, and your idea is actually pretty complicated to test, implement, balance rework and tweak for something most people wont even use.

Look at rampage, it is basically a “third weapon” and no one picks that, just saying.

Imo.. It’s not complicated at all because I know how it works (im my head). So that’s, I’m sure, the problem.

Explaining the actual mechanics that go behind the actions is complex. Such as explaining the code written to create the effects.

It’s really not that complicated on the surface. If it was indeed a skill it wouldn’t need so much explanation because it would already be devised and implemented.

In essence its like I said. You have an AI who gives you a weapon on demand. The specifics behind it is somewhat trivial. I mainly brought all of that out to give a clearer idea of how it would look and play-out.

But in any case, It’s obviously not a popular idea. And it’s not a proposal. It’s just an idea.

(edited by TheDevice.2751)

in Warrior

Posted by: Black Teagan.9215

Black Teagan.9215

AI Squire. Elite skill concept.

So I’ve read some posts here and there on the access to 3 weapon slots. And I wanted to bring that idea to a plausible means. The basic idea behind this Elite skill is as follows:

The squire would be an elite skill which summons an armored fighter. The squire would remain idle and passive, having high defensive stats, only attacking enemies in a short vicinity of itself and follows the warrior at a safe distance. A passive buff will be granted to all allies in a much higher aoe such as might or bonus to armor.

The main function of the squire is allowing the warrior to access 1 out of 5 weapons once reactivating the elite, the squires activated ability. The ability would call the squire (“Squire!”) altering you current weapon skill set (1-5) once the squire reaches you. 1-5 will become different weapon options for a short time. For example: (1) Sword, (2) Axe, (3) Mace, (4) Hammer, (5) Greatsword. Activating that skill will equip that weapon and change the weapon skills accordingly.

Furthermore, to ensure a sense of true variety and usefulness of the squire’s active ability, the weapons available for selection (1-5 once the squire is called) will be weapons other than your original set of weapons.

Example:
Your main weapon slot is Hammer and your secondary weapon slot is Mace / Shield. You use the active ability of the squire “Squire!”; he runs to you and your weapon skill set becomes (1) Sword, (2) Axe, (3) Greatsword, (4) Rifle, (5) Longbow. You select one of these options and equip that weapon (possibly gaining a short boon).

When you swap weapons from the set you gained from the squire both of your weapon sets will revert back to its original sets.

To more detail: The weapons would of course not have any enhancements or anything like a normal weapon. Their base damage would scale based on level and could possibly gain the same stat bonuses as the (real) weapon it replaced.

So tell me what you guys think.

And which Elite, should it replace?

Every class has only 3 Eliteskills.

Caleb Ferendir
-Charr Thief-
It’s good to be bad!

in Warrior

Posted by: deathTouch.9706

deathTouch.9706

No.

15characters