New features: axe offhand

in Warrior

Posted by: Rettan.9603

Rettan.9603

Dual Strike
Whirling Axes

Well, axe offhand is still bad :-/ what do think?

Did they realize it some day?
Or (maybe) will an dual-wielding spellbreaker fix anything?

in Warrior

Posted by: Cerby.1069

Cerby.1069

axe/axe is boring to play anyways. would need a redesign to make it interesting.

hot axe offhand:
axe4: summons giant dragon slashes that fire outward up to a 500 range from user, gaining 4s fury per target hit, inflicting 1/4s daze and 1s weakness, and granting 10 endurance per foe hit. Press 4 again anytime during the animation to retract the slashes, propelling urself backwards.

axe5: 6 second ability: smash ur axes together creating a lightning field. GOD OF THUNDER THOR STYLE. spin violently in this field, creating combo projectiles, inflicting invulnerability on target foes. Can immunity to damage for 1/4s every second. Press again to summon a giant lightning bolt, blinding all foes and creating a distortion field that flings EVERYONE in the field, including you 350 units away from the center of the field.

So….make it all aoe, make it do stuff that allows you to spam invulnerability/dodges/stun/dazes/knockbacks, give it a second utility ability that can be activated by smacking the button once more.
BASIC HOT KITTENS.

I kill you in one gunflame, or I kill you in two.
The Tiny Yuno Sniper of Ebay [EBAY]

(edited by Cerby.1069)

in Warrior

Posted by: redcomyn.4651

redcomyn.4651

Actually, though GS is alright,I think it is rather boring to play. I like Axe/Axe better. It seems to work pretty darn well.

in Warrior

Cerby.1069

Actually, though GS is alright,I think it is rather boring to play. I like Axe/Axe better. It seems to work pretty darn well.

How exactly? You shouldn’t need fury and the other stuff from axe 4. Axe 3 is only useful for when you arent in cleave range. axe 2 is quite awkward for anything other than pve, its main use is that its a 360 degree attack that hits multiple times in fast succession (criting air or fire or whatever abilities on thiefs for example)…otherwise it can be used for setting up an eviscerate….but that leads to another problem I have with axe. THe primal axe2 ability is HORRRID. I HATEEEEE it so much. Its a crappy eviscerate, thats all it is….and people accept that cause it can be used multiple times in a row like every other primal. But no enemy is gonna sit there and let you land it multiple times in a row and god darnnnn its such kittentty damage and that shockwave makes no sense for such an ability and it does kittentty damage. I HATE IT SO MUCHHHH.

Axe 5 is the selling point really, and it leaves you open to attack AND cc the entire channel…easily knock some1 out of it if they dont stability before getting hit. And all it does is 100bs worth of damage….is a projectile thing so it activated combo fields which is cool but you arent running condi lol so it does kitten damage making most field not useful at all. The speed thing is coolish.

Just i’d take gs5 over it anyday. If I could pick and choose the best of axe and gs it would be replacing 100lb with axe 5…..thats pretty much it lol.

(edited by Cerby.1069)

in Warrior

Posted by: redcomyn.4651

redcomyn.4651

Well, perhaps I should add that I am in pve, only. I base my “pretty darn well” on the fact that I kill fast and stay pretty healthy through the fights because I am using the healing signet. I hit a lot, cause lots of damage, the enemy dies fast, and all those hits keep my health up.

I am sure it is quite different in pvp/wvw, but I couldn’t care less about them.

in Warrior

Posted by: Huskyboy.1053

Huskyboy.1053

sPvP response you guys realize that Whirling axes is extremely useful in combo fields right? Obviously it’s useful for chasing too, but when used in a dark, light, lightning, ice, or smoke field it creates a ridiculous number of bolts throughout the channel. On top of the damage of course. Very useful if you’re smart and paired with a guardian, necromancer, condi rev, or ele. Just gotta time it right. That’s largely what makes that skill so good. What I said goes for any combo field but the ones I listed don’t require any healing power or condi damage investment to be useful.

in Warrior

Cerby.1069

sPvP response you guys realize that Whirling axes is extremely useful in combo fields right? Obviously it’s useful for chasing too, but when used in a dark, light, lightning, ice, or smoke field it creates a ridiculous number of bolts throughout the channel. On top of the damage of course. Very useful if you’re smart and paired with a guardian, necromancer, condi rev, or ele. Just gotta time it right. That’s largely what makes that skill so good. What I said goes for any combo field but the ones I listed don’t require any healing power or condi damage investment to be useful.

meh, gimmick stuff. cool beans though