New possible weapons for Warrior

in Warrior

Posted by: Hegediz.1605

Hegediz.1605

Which new weapons would you like to see in the future for the warrior?

I would personally like a pistol for damage/conditions (besides longbow and sword atm).
For the pistol burst skill i imagine:
a)if its condition weapon then some kind of condi atack similar to sword
b)if its pure dmg weapon (like rifle is) some kind of Eviscerate/Killshot or even Volley.

Wouldn’t staff be awesome on warrior aswell? I feel as if some of us warriors would like more option to be supportive (not to take anything away from the guardian).
Burst skill i would like to see on warrior staff is some kind of heal/buff or aoe dmg.

This goes for current weapons that are ingame. As far as future new weapons that can be released down the line, i mainly see spear or polearm being suitable.

What do you guys think?

in Warrior

Posted by: Kulvar.1239

Kulvar.1239

Magical staves are for wizards. You described the Guardian’s staff.

Pistols may apply Torment (try to walk with bullets in your legs !), Cripple, Bleed.
The Torment will be more suited for a Burst skill (no Torment at the beginning of a fight so).

in Warrior

Posted by: Crius.5487

Crius.5487

Don’t feel like any weapons which the warrior can’t already use that are in game would actually fit with the warrior profession.

For future weapons that don’t already exist in game, perhaps a two-hand axe and a polearm.

Jade Quarry since Beta

in Warrior

Posted by: Ambrecombe.4398

Ambrecombe.4398

Don’t feel like any weapons which the warrior can’t already use that are in game would actually fit with the warrior profession.

For future weapons that don’t already exist in game, perhaps a two-hand axe and a polearm.

I can’t agree with you on this.

In the game some Iron Legionaires are wearing a heavy armour set with a pistol&shield combo and some of the Blacklion guards use a pistol&warhorn combo to defend themself from range while buffing allies with their warhorn.

To me the next weapon that would probably fit best for a Warrior has to be a Pistol M/h because some NPCs rely on those tactics and use abilities similar to the Warrior. Also Warriors can use a Rifle, so a Pistol is something they could easely be proficient at since both types of weapons work in similar ways.

in Warrior

Posted by: Wyrden.4713

Wyrden.4713

I can’t agree with you on this.

In the game some Iron Legionaires are wearing a heavy armour set with a pistol&shield combo and some of the Blacklion guards use a pistol&warhorn combo to defend themself from range while buffing allies with their warhorn.

To me the next weapon that would probably fit best for a Warrior has to be a Pistol M/h because some NPCs rely on those tactics and use abilities similar to the Warrior. Also Warriors can use a Rifle, so a Pistol is something they could easely be proficient at since both types of weapons work in similar ways.

o yea, what the npcs r doing..

mesmers spamming feedback and timewarp, necros wielding gs and creating bone bridges and walls , hybrid classes everywhere

u shouldnt use npc as referance

but yea, i could see pistol working for war

just my ytb channel

FeintFate~

in Warrior

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

Warriors have enough weapons imo. Even if we were to get anymore I definitely don’t think a pistol makes much sense. That’s no warrior weapon.

in Warrior

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

dagger offhand.

Bad Elementalist

in Warrior

Posted by: creepmatic.9435

creepmatic.9435

Only one I could think off, it’s a Battle-axe/Great-axe. More savage than the GS with inferior mobility, if that makes any sense.

in Warrior

Posted by: Nienow.1705

Nienow.1705

I’d like to see an out of water spear, that would be amazing!

Sea of Sorrows

in Warrior

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

Only one I could think off, it’s a Battle-axe/Great-axe. More savage than the GS with inferior mobility, if that makes any sense.

It sure does and I’d support this implementation. It definitely would fit the archetype for a warrior.

in Warrior

Posted by: creepmatic.9435

creepmatic.9435

It sure does and I’d support this implementation. It definitely would fit the archetype for a warrior.

Maybe we all going to get lucky with some new toys.
Prays at PAX South although i’m scared to jump on the hype train tbh.

in Warrior

Posted by: Jeroen.2397

Jeroen.2397

i think spears would be nice, outside of the water, like greek and roman style, you could even go with a shield spear combo for total sparta style
or maybe offensive shields, this could fit a thief better but would also be cool for wariors i think, you can do double shields with blade edges, this could be nice for bash and slash combo attacks
or maybe some kind or bras knuckle or glove weapon with claws

in Warrior

Posted by: Artaz.3819

Artaz.3819

Most needed – Pistol
(one handed range main hand, and preferably autoattack skill should bleed like Rifle used to do)

in Warrior

Posted by: Amir.1570

Amir.1570

Most likely dagger.

in Warrior

Posted by: Rangelost.4857

Rangelost.4857

Staff would be great for warriors. Bojutsu!

in Warrior

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

under advanced dungeon & dragons, fighters (warriors) can use all martial weapons, can use exotic weapons (kitten sword, kama, kuri, etc) if they perk for it.

in guild wars 2, why not?

dagger main hand
dagger off hand

staff
- used as a martial weapon
- martial attacks, NOT magical attacks

the warrior staff skills could be more defensive physical skills, not magical. maybe an all in one weapon set, with defensive, mobility, crowd control etc.

in Warrior

Posted by: tom.7468

tom.7468

Flail/morning star which is like a mace with chain.

in Warrior

Posted by: Silv.9207

Silv.9207

I would like to see the Polearm out of water. AoE weapon with longer/bigger range than others (like 180-200 istead of 130, just for fun).
Os the staff to fight as a martial weapon (for example the Mesmer use the GS as a magical weapon!).

in Warrior

Posted by: Cygnus.6903

Cygnus.6903

Fists.

I only state my opinion unless stated otherwise.
Hulk Roaming Montages/Build Vids
I always rage but never quit.

in Warrior

Posted by: Markius.5824

Markius.5824

Katanas or scythes?

in Warrior

Posted by: Shinichi Megure.8061

Shinichi Megure.8061

a spear pls:) like in Seirei no Moribito

in Warrior

Posted by: JoshuaRAWR.4653

JoshuaRAWR.4653

A charr warrior running around with these bad boys.

Attachments:

Warrior 80 | Guardian 80 | Ranger 80 | Engineer 80 |
Thief 80 | Elementalist 80 | Mesmer 80 | Necromancer 80 | Revenant TBA

in Warrior

Posted by: tom.7468

tom.7468

A charr warrior running around with these bad boys.

Katarr knives fit better for thief but how about pike ?
That is what the army of rome were using during their golden days.

in Warrior

Posted by: Akrib.4297

Akrib.4297

Not allowing a class to use a weapon because it doesn’t “suit” it doesn’t make any sense to me. Every class should be able to equip anything it wants. Even in the original GW you had the option to use any weapon with any skills that you want, and in some situations it was useful. Even with all the weapons we have now we get about 40 skills to use, that’s it. A warrior should be able to use pistols, daggers, staves and anything else that they want.

in Warrior

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

How about staff. But not typical support like other classes; used for dps builds. number 2. aoe cripple and give swiftness to all allies. number 3. a sharp jab that hits hard and gives 5 stacks of vulnerabilty. number 4. pulses damage in an area. immobalizes enemies within area on last pulse. number 5. knockback enemies in a cone in front of you.

Bad Elementalist

in Warrior

Posted by: Vukorep.3081

Vukorep.3081

doesn’t a warrior have enough of weapons available already?

I see a warrior as the ultimate melee character in this current game.
That being said, i don’t think more ranged weapons would suit him well.

Id say more 2h weapons such as 2h great axe, or a pole arm, or a halberd. Or something completely different and original and unsuspected like a Star trek kligon bat’leth which is a 2h weapon at first but can be separated into 2 smaller pieces for faster and more precise attacks.

I understand Warriors somewhat lack the condition weapon options beside bleeds on swords and a ocasional torment if going dual sword. But again, I see warriors as these tall heavy armored,strong,best health in the game, regenerating health,swift,leaping,charging destroyer machines…

in Warrior

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

That would be awesome. It would also make some pretty kitten great looking weapons.
There was a time in GW1 where you would do ok with a scythe, but I never liked that weapon on a warrior.

in Warrior

Posted by: Artaz.3819

Artaz.3819

doesn’t a warrior have enough of weapons available already?

[et al.]

No, not at all. The Warrior skill ceiling needs to be moved upwards and more options in weapon choices/activated abilities is how you can get there.

in Warrior

Posted by: Sagramor.7395

Sagramor.7395

Greataxe since it’s been pictured on the Warrior class page since probably before release. That’s really all I ask.

I can see why it hasn’t been implemented though, since I can’t think of another profession who would be using it.

in Warrior

Posted by: Oreithyia.3064

Oreithyia.3064

I’m probably more a “casual gamer” than a pro and I choose the weapons not necessarily by their highest usefulness but also if I like the skills and the look of the attacks.
I think a morningstar would be a nice weapon for a warrior, since they’re still close range weapons but can make extreme damage because of the lever action and you could make a nice area damage attack with it.

I think it would generally be nice if there’d be one specific exclusive weapons for the single races.
Like a electronic-looking weapon for the Asura, a cool steampunky weapon for the charr, a medieval age style of weapon for the humans and a more nordic- style kind weapon for the norn.
I’d think a spear would fit the Norn, since they designed slighly after Germanic people…one of explanation for the name is that the typical weapons was a spear, in old germanic language “Ger”.
I think you could find a nice skillset for all classes with that weapon.

(edited by Oreithyia.3064)

in Warrior

Posted by: Stalima.5490

Stalima.5490

well to be honest a warrior could likely make use of literally any weapon.

in particular, they are a soldier proffesion, and as such a soldier will need their sidearm: a dagger or a pistol as backup.

if you were looking for something that “fits” then there you have it

ofc ppl would try and complain about the dagger but hey, if your primary weapon is a rifle then youll likely want something lightweight to not weigh you down AND still protect you in melee range.

in Warrior

Posted by: Hvaran.6327

Hvaran.6327

WARRIORS MUST HAVE SPEAR ON LAND.

offhand – pisol, torch could be added.

Handarand – Handacooon – Handa Panda – Handa Genie

in Warrior

Posted by: Juba.8406

Juba.8406

well in this LS we can see clearly Spear used on land and it fits warrior pretty well.

a Crossbow would fit warrior too, also Dagger as a Soldier profession can fit too if used like military CQC combat, based on countering foe’s attacks.

(edited by Juba.8406)

in Warrior

Posted by: dodgycookies.4562

dodgycookies.4562

or allow wars to dual wield 2 handers ie: wow war’s titan grip

[ICoa] Blackgate

in Warrior

Posted by: Paavotar.3971

Paavotar.3971

Dual wielding longbows you say. Or longbow and rifle, HMM. The possibilities!

More on the topic tho. Spears. They could fit us well. Wouldn’t mind seeing Halberds as well and the GREAT AXE.

A Pink scumbag of [FACE] and deep inside a [GuM]ster
Mouggari – Warrior – Candy cane Avenger

in Warrior

Posted by: Jana von Ritterstein.6371

Jana von Ritterstein.6371

Spear for sure. I was a little bit disappointed when I started my very first char and discovered there is no spear for my war. Flail and bludgeon would be also very nice melee weapons and crossbow a range weapon.

in Warrior

Posted by: Arewn.2368

Arewn.2368

Spear.
Like seriously, spear please. They’re in game already, are perfectly suitable thematically for warriors, we see them in concept art all the time, AND I REALLY WANT THEM.

in Warrior

Posted by: killahmayne.9518

killahmayne.9518

I’d love to see some sort of polearm for the warrior, sort of a semi-ranged weapon with like 300-400 range or something like that.

I think it would be awesome as well to use like brass knuckles or something

Mace/Greatsword Video (Sept Patch)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoAjKtD6MLY

in Warrior

Posted by: Chaith.8256

Chaith.8256

Not allowing a class to use a weapon because it doesn’t “suit” it doesn’t make any sense to me.

No, afraid that because in GW2 there are mandatory, appropriately designed skills tied to each profession’s 1-5 skills, it makes a lot of sense to not design a bunch of weird nonsense skills for every weapon-x-class combination.

What the hell would a Warrior’s 3 ability for Scepter be?

• Magic Missile – Shoot a make-believe Magic Missile at your target. Target ponders how this ability made it through quality assurance. Daze: 3 seconds
Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh
New Twitter: @chaithhh

in Warrior

Posted by: Bran.7425

Bran.7425

or allow wars to dual wield 2 handers ie: wow war’s titan grip

That got mentioned in an old interview and was compared to working ranger pets and giving mesmer a tactical nuke.

Pets have been hidden due to rising Player complaints.

in Warrior

Posted by: Paavotar.3971

Paavotar.3971

Mesmers with tactical nukes, I like this. We could then give warriors a nukebunker morph skill to counter that skill. It could hold 4 allies in it (who wouldn’t want to be inside a warrior) and you could shoot from inside of it and all enemies have 80% chance to miss, obviously becouse you need to hit through the peeping hole of the bunker.

This would greatly enhance WvW experience. We would see mesmers going around nuking whole zergs at a time and parties with a warrior and 4 longbow rangers just turtling around. New meta has been born.

A Pink scumbag of [FACE] and deep inside a [GuM]ster
Mouggari – Warrior – Candy cane Avenger

in Warrior

Posted by: Wiseman.4075

Wiseman.4075

dagger offhand.

Awh yeah! I would love to see warrior get dagger off-hand for sure. Something you could throw to cause conditions. Better yet something similar to ranger’s dagger but direct damage only. I think torch off-hand would be a suitable condition weapon as well. It would be nice to see warrior be a little more complex and fun to play.

Most of all I agree fully with the idea of adding a spear or great axe idea! GAxe would be more powerful and maybe better AOE than GS but without the mobility.

Fun stuff to think about anyway.

in Warrior

Posted by: Bloodgruve.6038

Bloodgruve.6038

Main hand Shield…

“Real knowledge is to know the extent of one’s ignorance”

in Warrior

Posted by: Gomssi.7246

Gomssi.7246

Pistol, and his specialization would be… Commando.

He will get kit skills, such as smg (Condi pew pew pew), assault rifle (really fast medium dps pew pew pew for crit proccing), Gatling gun (high damage pew pew just tons and tons of dps but low mobility… self cripple when using this kit), grenade launcher (boom boom aoe dps but slow recharge), rocket launcher(elite high dps, CC such as stuns, daze and kb), and heal skill = bullet proof vest (gain 20s protection and immunity to projectiles for 4s when activated, gain vigor (10s) and heal 4k after projectile immunity ends.

pfft.. ill play this class any day.

in Warrior

Posted by: Aye.8392

Aye.8392

Mainhand torch would be pretty cool; wield it like a mace.

www.AlchemyIncorporated.net
Sorrows Furnace

in Warrior

Posted by: Zakuti.4672

Zakuti.4672

F2 skill for each weapon boys

in Warrior

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

I think a land based spear or halberd like weapon would fit quite nice.

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

in Warrior

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

Id take dual pistols With spec name “Gunslinger” pew pew pew pew. Not burst focused but with steady damage and utilities/kit.

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

in Warrior

Posted by: YuckaMountain.3786

YuckaMountain.3786

It probably is a trident, just because.

in Warrior

Posted by: yanoch.7051

yanoch.7051

I would like pistol. Something that work well at mid range, add constant damage/pressure and complement well the warrior’s mobility.

Rythlock used one when he was a pseudo warrior.

Heiann – NSP