New shout: "I'm The One You Want!"

in Warrior

Posted by: Dolan.3071

Dolan.3071

Effect: Draws aggro from all nearby mobs already engaged in combat/or perhaps just the targeted enemy.
Effect Duration: 5 seconds
Range: 600
CD: 30 seconds

I suppose it could work for a Guardian too, though they can already pull all nearby mobs to them selves.
This sort of skill would be rendered useless in PvP/WvW to a lesser extent
It would be the opposite effect of fear, as switching aggro shouldn’t be something that stacks of defiant can stop.
This would be a lifesaver when trying to res a downed player that is maintaining boss aggro, as well as situations where the boss targets a squishy ranged member who proceeds to run idiotically in circles, effectively crippling any sort of melee confrontation from other players.
After the 5 seconds is up the target either continues to aggro the warrior, or return to its original target (all depending on its original aggro dynamics.)

Thoughts?

Uriel Asther ~ Warrior | Kaya Lereau ~ Elementalist | Natalie Fox ~ Thief
Skye Eterna ~ Mesmer | Arya Slade ~ Charrdian | Kiera Thine ~ Ranger
Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]

in Warrior

Posted by: JuggerzTheCat.5370

JuggerzTheCat.5370

I would second this, as it compliments the Warriors role of tank/aggro magnet.

in Warrior

Posted by: Psybunny.8906

Psybunny.8906

This is not WoW, we don’t need unrealistic “taunts”.

in Warrior

Posted by: Scoobaniec.9561

Scoobaniec.9561

Hey, cool idea. I would like to see u using that in fractals 30+, ascalon part

in Warrior

Posted by: Raighan.9804

Raighan.9804

Well isn’t this exactly what GW2 decided not to follow from other mmos? The tank, healer, dps trinity – that is one reason we don’t have taunt skills isn’t it?

in Warrior

Posted by: xiv.7136

xiv.7136

You’re the one that I want?

Attachments:

in Warrior

Posted by: Liltaro.6341

Liltaro.6341

But we need all those realistic mechanics like “Hey, you are a tough guy with a shield so I kill you first, instead of that cloth-using milkdrinker!”
The Game is a game.

in Warrior

Psybunny.8906

PvP meta and it’s imbalances has nothing to do with trinity suggestions like this.

in Warrior

Posted by: SilverWF.4789

SilverWF.4789

This game didn’t have roles (DPS, tank, healer), so there is no taunts too

#SAVEDONBASS from Ukraine!
Seafarer’s Rest (EU): Liicher (Engi), Lii Cher (Warrior), Swf (Elem),
Licharr (Guard), Lich Eir (Ranger), Alt Fh (Thief). Lii Cherr (Mesm), S Wf (Necr)

in Warrior

Posted by: Oglaf.1074

Oglaf.1074

Might as well call it the “Suicide Shout”.

Seems more fitting on a Guardian, since they can actually tank.

I can do thirty Five-Dolyak Arm Curls.

Do you even lift, bro?

in Warrior

Posted by: Larynx.2453

Larynx.2453

Might as well call it the “Suicide Shout”.

Seems more fitting on a Guardian, since they can actually tank.

I agree with this. A guardian can actually tank to a reasonable degree, while a warrior can really only consider it with a very specialized build.

in Warrior

Posted by: Linchpin.8095

Linchpin.8095

Won’t happen since they’ve decided to ditch the MMO trinity plus no class can really be effective tank for a lot of fights. Of course somebody didn’t get the memo and designed a bunch of encounters that would’ve been great in a trinity game but not here.

in Warrior

Dolan.3071

It isn’t made for “tanking” per say. More a temporary distraction to protect weaker/downed teammates. It only lasts 5 seconds so its not like it can be used to designate yourself as the tank, perhaps up the CD to 45-60 seconds to avoid it being used as such?

Also I’m aware all the Zerker warriors who monotonously farm COF 1 aren’t going to have any need for this, but as a balanced warrior I would gladly hold aggro if it meant saving someone from being defeated.

Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]

(edited by Dolan.3071)

in Warrior

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

It isn’t made for “tanking” per say. More a temporary distraction to protect weaker/downed teammates. It only lasts 5 seconds so its not like it can be used to designate yourself as the tank, perhaps up the CD to 45-60 seconds to avoid it being used as such?

There’s already a shout you can use to protect downed teammates from enemies. It’s called “Fear Me!”.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in Warrior

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

Rather than an AE taunt, why don’t we have a move kind of like the Guardian where we spin in place and pull mobs toward us and snare them if we hit? This way we aren’t necessarily ‘tanking’ but if we pull a mob onto us and we have the highest toughness, they should switch to us.

To make room for it, why not get rid of kick? Is there a reason we would use a single target knockback over an AE one?

in Warrior

Oglaf.1074

Is there a reason we would use a single target knockback over an AE one?

Cooldown.

Do you even lift, bro?

in Warrior

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

To make room for it, why not get rid of kick? Is there a reason we would use a single target knockback over an AE one?

Lower CD.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in Warrior

Oglaf.1074

Do you even lift, bro?

in Warrior

Posted by: Brutalistik.6473

Brutalistik.6473

Why? so we can become more of a target profession than we are now? No thanks…I can just do that going the GS/ LB build to draw attention.

Do not like

Pineapples

in Warrior

Dolan.3071

There’s already a shout you can use to protect downed teammates from enemies. It’s called “Fear Me!”.

Fear lasts 2 seconds at most despite what the tooltip says. And as they’re usually suffering from cripple/chill due to SOMEONE they rarely get far away and then continue aggroing that person.

Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]

in Warrior

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

in Warrior

Posted by: Faranox.4217

Faranox.4217

Love the flavor of this. The only problem with it is that you’d melt.

Chops Mcgee, of Anvil Rock

in Warrior

Posted by: HannaDeFreitas.4236

HannaDeFreitas.4236

The only problem with it is that you’d melt.

A Warrior with traited EP/DP/SBlock can negate damage for 13 seconds plus health pool/healskill, so it’s definitely possible.

I’m not a fan of taunts, it’s obsolete design that makes encounters gimmicky.

in Warrior

Psybunny.8906

The only problem with it is that you’d melt.

A Warrior with traited EP/DP/SBlock can negate damage for 13 seconds plus health pool/healskill, so it’s definitely possible.

I’m not a fan of taunts, it’s obsolete design that makes encounters gimmicky.

So you let yourself get hit so you go exactly at 25% or a little below hp, then rotate to your endure pain and shield block and at the same time make sure you don’t get any conditions on you? Only in a pretty dream where endure pain actually worked like other profession’s invuln skills. And DP and such are 3 secs not 5.

in Warrior

Posted by: Killkill.7983

Killkill.7983

Perhaps in PVP it could move enemy player’s targets from nearby allies to you?
As in,if someone’s targeting your Mesmer buddy next to you and you pop the shout he is suddenly targeting and shooting at you for maybe a second or two before he can move his target back?
It would be an interesting way to slap the GUI fourth wall with a sledgehammer but not break it,although the fact that players don’t need a target to hit anything for most skills in this game might make this a problem considering they can just go into super pro ranged attacks mode and aim like it’s a third person shooter…

in Warrior

Posted by: Kellhus.8071

Kellhus.8071

No offense, but the yell should be “Come at me!”

in Warrior

Posted by: Beorn Saxon.4762

Beorn Saxon.4762

No offense, but the yell should be “Come at me!”

haha, I second this. Maybe even ‘Come at me, bro!’

This is a great idea, love this skill. It’s not as much a ‘tanking’ skill as it is a ‘ball them up so i can nuke them’ skill. Much like guardian GS skill 5. It’s like the opposite of fear (which is annoying when trying to ball up mobs).

Tarnished Coast
Critical Impact [Crit]

in Warrior

Posted by: Jam.4521

Jam.4521

Glad Im not the only one who thought of this when i read this thread:

Now that would be fun.

BOOM

in Warrior

Posted by: Beet.5768

Beet.5768

If making it simply AoE would cause issues, I would like to suggest making it a targetted leap where any allies in the radius have their aggro transferred to you.

This would add a targettable leap to the Warrior (Thinking like the Engineer’s Jump Shot), it avoids simply forcing enemies to attack you with more tactical aggro management, plus it’ll set off Vigorous Shouts. Tier 3 skill with a 40-60 second cooldown? I think it’d work.

in Warrior

Posted by: HannaDeFreitas.4236

HannaDeFreitas.4236

So you let yourself get hit so you go exactly at 25% or a little below hp, then rotate to your endure pain and shield block and at the same time make sure you don’t get any conditions on you? Only in a pretty dream where endure pain actually worked like other profession’s invuln skills.

EP+SBlock is 8s of no damage already, so considering OP’s skill lasts only 5s we’re already overkill here.

And for Balthazar’s sake, stop talking about conditions as if they are the end of the world; I can name at most 4-5 places where they are really a serious harm during a fight and I bother removing them, and none of them are in fractals.
In any decent team conditions are just trivial things to turn into boons.

And DP and such are 3 secs not 5.

Endure Pain is 5 sec and DP is 4. Both proved by ingame testing.
Activate the skill and look at the CD counter on EP, it goes away exactly when timer is 85.
(god I hate to repeat this to every rookie here)

in Warrior

Posted by: Penguin.5197

Penguin.5197

Aggro grabbing skills are not going to happen in this game (No trinity).

But for the sake of discussion, I would say they should shout something better. Would people really shout “I’m the one you want!” or better yet, would people really far for it? I recommend they shout something that has already been tried and tested. Something along the lines of “Do you even lift!?”

in Warrior

Dolan.3071

I like “Come at Me!” A lot more. The original was quite a mouthful. I doubt redirecting aggro/taunting would ever be implemented as it would open up one helluva kittenstorm. For its purpose the shout could easily be replaced with a lengthy pull and follow up immobilise, but it was nice to see what others thought of it :]

Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]

in Warrior

Psybunny.8906

So you let yourself get hit so you go exactly at 25% or a little below hp, then rotate to your endure pain and shield block and at the same time make sure you don’t get any conditions on you? Only in a pretty dream where endure pain actually worked like other profession’s invuln skills.

EP+SBlock is 8s of no damage already, so considering OP’s skill lasts only 5s we’re already overkill here.

And for Balthazar’s sake, stop talking about conditions as if they are the end of the world; I can name at most 4-5 places where they are really a serious harm during a fight and I bother removing them, and none of them are in fractals.
In any decent team conditions are just trivial things to turn into boons.

And DP and such are 3 secs not 5.

Endure Pain is 5 sec and DP is 4. Both proved by ingame testing.
Activate the skill and look at the CD counter on EP, it goes away exactly when timer is 85.
(god I hate to repeat this to every rookie here)

Sup rookie,
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Endure_Pain

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Warrior-Endure-Pain-Sure-Footed-bugged

and some more:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/warrior/Does-the-endure-pain-trait-work

My experience with this is the same as stated above and I’m sure many other have the same.

It’s funny how you say that conditions aren’t a problem for a warrior. Me and pretty much all the other warriors in pvp seem to see otherwise. Conditions/cripples are the hard counter to a warrior, since we have pretty bad condition removal (no soldier rune counterargument plox, it’s viability/etc has been argued since forever).

My guess is that you only run wubwub and/or dungeons with some sort of regen (banner+signet?)/knight gear or maybe a shoutbuild, who knows. You sound like a tanky fellow anyways. About that “Team cleanses you from everything”? Random dungeon party or pet eles in a wubwub zerg isn’t really a team. Or can you point me to an effective team setup that keeps a warrior always condition free when focused?

Dungeons are easy anyways, you should be running full glass to be 100% effective as a warrior and there is no need for EP there anyways. You hardly even need to grab condiremove/stab beside the damage utilities. Anything works.
But, wanna see what a necro can do to you while you’re using that “take no damage” endure pain in pvp?

Endure pain is a good stunbreak against basilisk+BS/100nade/BC+100b/doubleshatter+BF, but it is no way up to par with the other “invuln” skills and yes, you can still take loads of damage while using it. Shield block is the only true invuln skill that you mentioned.

(edited by Psybunny.8906)

in Warrior

Dolan.3071

Successful derail was successful commence thread shutdown.

Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]