New to war

New to war

in Warrior

Posted by: Mystogan.4157

Mystogan.4157

Hows this look build wise
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fJAQNAnXTjMdU5ZrHGewJaghgC9r3C/tpAI9SUENBA-T1RGABA8IAGS5XCnBAy0Hgy+DAq+jUKBJFAFLjA-w

i wanted plenty of heals and condi cleanse plus good damage…

Thy Shall Fear The Reaper (FxRe)

New to war

in Warrior

Posted by: Choppy.4183

Choppy.4183

For pvp, wvw, or pve?

I’d drop Empowered for any number of things. Quick Breathing would be my choice in a team or pvp sort of context, and you did say condi clear (though you’ll want to drop Dual Wield if you take it). Shrug It Off would give you another source of condi removal and it’ll trigger Vigorous Shouts. The bow traits could be good choices if you expect to use it a lot.

An offhand axe generally isn’t optimal, but it depends on where you’ll be. If you’re thinking you need something to keep Fury going and to build adrenaline (because you don’t have much of that), then axe will certainly do that. Consider experimenting with the others to find what works best for you.

I also think your armor is a little low for someone who’s new to warrior (unless you’re doing pve), but you’ll have to find your own comfort level. Your damage should be nice and high. Remember that Axe autoattack is your best friend, just try to get that third hit in before using another skill.

Your food choice isn’t really doing anything for you either. Lots of other choices that are both cheap and better. Depends where you’ll be and what you’ll be doing.

I wouldn’t be surprised if you were disappointed with the performance of the shout healing. I see a more damage oriented build here with some shout heals thrown in, but your damage mitigation isn’t great. I’d personally commit more to damage (Discipline tree specifically) or pump up the armour before going shout heal, unless I was running a bunker build.

I’m Biff Rangoon, and I approved this message.
Ehmry Bay | Omg Brb Icecream Truck (ICEE)

New to war

in Warrior

Posted by: Mystogan.4157

Mystogan.4157

Thy Shall Fear The Reaper (FxRe)

New to war

in Warrior

Posted by: witcher.3197

witcher.3197

In general if you are looking for builds try metabattle.com

You can find working builds for every content type.

New to war

in Warrior

Posted by: Warlord.9074

Warlord.9074

Meta battle is good if you are not sure. But knowing better myself a lot of the builds on there are not optimal or totally correct.

“Just press 2 to win all the dps was us cuz we’re a
warrior and we’re the best class” Eugene

New to war

in Warrior

witcher.3197

Meta battle is good if you are not sure. But knowing better myself a lot of the builds on there are not optimal or totally correct.

It’s a wiki you can always decide to spend 1-2 mins and correct them. But first propose changes on the discussion page, because it might be you who’s wrong sometimes (as metabattle builds are 90% based on DnT guides and major Pvp tournaments)

Out of curiosity, which are some choices you don’t agree with?

(edited by witcher.3197)

New to war

in Warrior

Warlord.9074

It’s a wiki you can always decide to spend 1-2 mins and correct them. But first propose changes on the discussion page, because it might be you who’s wrong sometimes (as metabattle builds are 90% based on DnT guides and major Pvp tournaments)

Just a quick glance at the destroyer builds since I was helping someone in another thread. no one serious uses forceful GS in PVP….Its pretty much a red flag.

(edited by Warlord.9074)

New to war

in Warrior

witcher.3197

Just a quick glance at the destroyer builds since I was helping someone in another thread. no one serious uses forceful GS in PVP….Its pretty much a red flag.

Ah that’s WvW, probably the hardest section to make. Getting builds for that is like building up the Pvp section based on hotjoin. There is no relyable source to draw builds for that and people can never agree on a build. But what I’ve experienced is that WvW players put that 4 into Arms and Pvp players put that into Strength.

New to war

in Warrior

Warlord.9074

Ah that’s WvW, probably the hardest section to make. Getting builds for that is like building up the Pvp section based on hotjoin. There is no relyable source to draw builds for that and people can never agree on a build. But what I’ve experienced is that WvW players put that 4 into Arms and Pvp players put that into Strength.

yup that and any time i see a PVP or WvW build without energy sigils…I don’t even know how the community votes on these. Since I don’t know anyone serious who doesn’t use at least 1 and usually 2.

New to war

in Warrior

Posted by: Choppy.4183

Choppy.4183

Looks much better to me. Though I’d go Zerkers gearwise… you’ll get more mileage burning people down with it than you’ll get from the healing power. Just my two cents.

If you find it’s too squishy, I’d go Knights for some or all of your gear (to your comfort level) and then Zerkers for the rest. You don’t need more than 3k armor… more than that and you’re wasting killing power.

I’m Biff Rangoon, and I approved this message.
Ehmry Bay | Omg Brb Icecream Truck (ICEE)

New to war

in Warrior

witcher.3197

yup that and any time i see a PVP or WvW build without energy sigils…I don’t even know how the community votes on these. Since I don’t know anyone serious who doesn’t use at least 1 and usually 2.

Idk, if you check the PvP section basically every builds has the energy sigil. But I don’t think any sane warrior would take 2 energy sigils – they have a 9 sec shared CD, warriors have a 5 sec weapon swap CD, 1 of those sigils would just go to waste.

New to war

in Warrior

Warlord.9074

Idk, if you check the PvP section basically every builds has the energy sigil. But I don’t think any sane warrior would take 2 energy sigils – they have a 9 sec shared CD, warriors have a 5 sec weapon swap CD, 1 of those sigils would just go to waste.

Yah people always make that argument but If you are swaping weapons as a warrior whenever the CD is up your doing something wrong. Same argument if you are using your burst skill whenever your adrenaline gets full you are doing it wrong..

It’s a bad argument that gets repeated all the time but everyone seems to forget that no one should be swaping weapons every 5 secs in PVP. IN PVE I think most rotations are even longer than 5 secs… With merciless hammer there is no cool down shorter than 9 secs on hammer why would you swap back to hammer if your skills are on CD for example. Pin down on long bow is like s 25 sec CD regardless if u can swap 5 secs doenst mean you can use pin down any faster…

Faster weapon swaps is a useful trait where you have the opportunity to swap faster to use a skill on another weapon set however that doesn’t mean you should be doing this unless you have a very good reason to do so thus its situational only. If you are timing your cool downs correctly in most cases there is no reason to swap weapons this fast ever.

That means people who base there arguments on tool tips rather than game mechanics shouldn’t be voting on anything thats why I wont use that site. Becasue I don’t take advices from unreliable sources.

(edited by Warlord.9074)

New to war

in Warrior

witcher.3197

Yah people always make that argument but If you are swaping weapons as a warrior whenever the CD is up your doing something wrong.

Nobody said you swap weapons every 5 sec. But if you swap weapons sooner than 9 seconds you make that sigil worthless. There are so many excellent sigils you could take instead of a 2nd energy sigil you will barely proc.

With merciless hammer there is no cool down shorter than 9 secs on hammer why would you swap back to hammer if your skills are on CD for example

Earthshaker has a CD shorter than 9 secs. Even that auto-attack melee cleave can be handy, and bow’s autoattack is pretty lackluster in a teamfight, once you use up your skills there there is no point at staying on that set. And people usually take the energy sigil on Longbow, not Hammer so it fits perfectly. On LB normally you shouldn’t spend 10 seconds.

Not to mention that your weapon skills don’t start recharging when you leave the set, they start it when you use them. By the time you leave Hammer you already have some skills on a CD of only some seconds, usually.

That means people who base there arguments on tool tips rather than game mechanics shouldn’t be voting on anything thats why I wont use that site. Becasue I don’t take advices from unreliable sources.

Well, the PvP section is based on top streamers and tournaments and PvE on DnT guides, but seems like you know better. If I had to choose between builds used by ROM and other players at major tournaments or ones produced by your made-up arguements, I’d pick the first one.

(edited by witcher.3197)

New to war

in Warrior

Warlord.9074

Well, the PvP section is based on top streamers and tournaments and PvE on DnT guides, but seems like you know better. If I had to choose between builds used by ROM and other players at major tournaments or ones produced by your made-up arguements, I’d pick the first one.

Well then Id suggest that you listen to those people then. And not somthing that anyone can edit or change.

(edited by Warlord.9074)

New to war

in Warrior

witcher.3197

Well then Id suggest that you listen to those people then. And not somthing that anyone can edit or change.

Moderators exist to check the edits made to pages.

New to war

in Warrior

Warlord.9074

Moderators exist to check the edits made to pages.

Lol the references at the bottom of the page are not even the current iterations of the builds the players are currently using. Cuz I check rising Raidens current build its not listed and neither is scarlet build. Thats why I said if you want to just copy builds that other players who supposedly are more knowledgeable than you maybe listen to them instead.

With merciless hammer there is no cool down shorter than 9 secs on hammer why would you swap back to hammer if your skills are on CD for example
Earthshaker has a CD shorter than 9 secs.

ES base CD is 10 secs with zero points in DIS. The more points in Dis the less the CD is. With 6 points its its 7 3/4 secs or 8 secs. And more than that if you want a full 3 bar ES since CD means nothing without building adrenaline 1st. Its going to average 9 secs regardless.

Since the Adrinaline nerf and losing all adrin on hit or miss you can no longer just spam a burst skill anyways like a normal skill burst skill CDs hold no wieght in a CD argument since thier CDs are not based off of CD anyways they are based off of adrin resources.

(edited by Warlord.9074)