Next week. What happens to PvE GS Warr?

in Warrior

Posted by: maha.7902

maha.7902

The fact that you always have to hate/flame this scene shows how mad and jealous you are about those people who achived sth you couldn’t achieve.

lol

it’s not that hard to achieve, you just have to put your mind to it and actually make an effort. i choose to do neither. it’s why I haven’t done anything of relevance in gw2 pvp and yet I’m in a higher league and division than everyone I know who plays league despite having played it for the least amount of time of all of them (compare about 3-4 months of serious play to people I know having played for 2+ years) because I actually bother to make an effort with it.

Not to mention, that it makes you look like as dumb as those who hate the PvE scene.
Your comments aren’t much better than those from lighter and are probably the reason some people can’t take this serious.

i’m not the person claiming pve is some sort of super hard mode when as far as I’m aware it’s just chaining ice bow freezes and spamming dps rotations or just doing the rotation on the completely nonthreatening bosses.

(instanced) pve, pvp and wvw are all the same, you’ll suck at all of them and then if you put the slightest bit of effort in you’ll do fine, none of them are really that harder than the other.

Serah Mahariel – Death and Taxes

in Warrior

Posted by: Kagamiku.9731

Kagamiku.9731

’cause non-PS build will still do more damage than a PS build in a solo scenario. Or if you have two warriors in a dungeon group and one is already using PS.

Strength – Restorative Strength / Forceful Greatsword / Berserker’s power
Arms – Signet Mastery / Deep Strike / Dual Wielding
Discipline – Warrior’s Sprint / DoTE / Heightened Focus

I’m not entirely sure on sigil choices or on optimal food yet. We should easily hit 100% crit chance with signet mastery so I could see sigil of strength becoming a thing, or it could stay sigil of night and sigil of force.

Runes will probably be strength and zerker armor as always.

Greatsword / AxeMace

As for skills. Signet of Might might replace signet of fury, but not sure on that. Only speculation.

This suggested build isn’t going to work. I suggest you go to the indestructible golem and test your dps rotations on it. You will see that you dont even come close to maintaining 100% Berserker’s Power uptime. Either need Furious or Burst Mastery if you want it at 100%, and believe me, you do.

edit: not trying to be mean and shoot you down, just pointing out that theorycraft is sometimes more than “pick the highest dps looking traits and go.”

What about signet mastery and popping SoF for the full adrenaline?

If the new healing surge (shout skill) doesn’t have a cast time, could use that as well for another full bar of adrenaline. Would actually require using most of the warrior skills for once.

The quickness from heightened focus will also help after using your signet/heal skill for the initial adrenaline, the 2x attack speed will help you build it from there.

Are you sure all of these combined things are not enough to keep your adrenaline buildup in line with berserker’s power?

Other than that, it’s hard for me to really test without the patch going live. I don’t have a stopwatch on me, and I can’t test the changes which I feel will help to build adrenaline without sacrificing a damage based trait.

(edited by Kagamiku.9731)

in Warrior

Posted by: dominik.9721

dominik.9721

Right. But you are the person who flames the esport scene in gw2 allthough you never have been part of it nor you ever will be. And that makes you look pretty salty and Not better than plebs hating the pve scene

enough said.

Grimkram [sS]

(edited by dominik.9721)

in Warrior

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

well what else is there in gw2’s pretend esport mode? courtyard? yeah you can do whatever the **** you want in there too.

and you can absolutely run non-meta builds in solo queue and still win, to say otherwise is ridiculous.

never gets old seeing people think pvp is some sort of holy grail of challenging content, I can build stupid items in league and still dump people as well, you aren’t bound by the meta, you’re gated by your own individual skill.

He’s got a point. I switched from Shoutbow to a non-meta condi SS/LB and guess what? People drop and matches are still won.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

in Warrior

Posted by: Warlord.9074

Warlord.9074

Warrior damage was nerfed but not anywhere the near 80%. It seems pretty obvious to me that Warlord was just exaggerating to get the point across that the nerfs accumulated to huge losses overall.

From before ferocity rolled out up until right about now, warrior’s DPS with 65003 was nerfed by roughly 30%. This is an estimate based off of the damage used to hit compared to what I hit now.

But the thing about this 30% number is that some of the larger nerfs weren’t warrior-exclusive and affected all classes. However one huge one was a nerf to the might boon which kind of impacted warrior a lot because of the forceful GS trait.

It doesn’t matter anymore to me however, since the changes overall for PvE warrior are beneficial.

The only two large complaints that I have are:

a) Arms has some overall pretty crappy options, especially at the Master level. :/
b) Banners were nerfed pretty badly due to the inspiring banners trait being completely removed. I would have expected this to become either baseline or for sure left in the tactics line, as it is one of the most often used traits in dungeons/fractals. It’s bizarre to me that they completely removed it.

thank you and yeah i know he was exaggerating but warlord is doing this so often and it isnt helping the community to rage about the changes so i wanted to carefully and extensively show him that it isnt as bad as he thinks. warriors will always have a role in pve with banners and might support. the major changes as u and i said were universal changes like the might one. i also dont understand why they removed inspiring banners and i really hope its merged with inspiring banners or baseline. this update in a whole is beneficial as u now dont have to sacrifice personal dps for phalanx so imo he shouldnt complain so much as other classes have way bigger problems.

You got the response you got because I am smart enough to know when I am being trolled by someone. Trolling is no good for the community at all. And you showed me nothing. Ya were only talking about GS and PVE but when I say warrior I mean warrior in general, and every game mode build skill.

Unlike most the people who play PVE I play every game mode including non official ones. Class has received so many nerfs, there are obscure ninja nerfs that most people arn’t even aware of.

I don’t have time to sit here and list every singe nerf that I haven’t been keeping track of to a troll that presents himself as an expert that should obviously know already because I don’t care enough,

This patch is positive and I think that I un-does a lot of the warrior nerfs. But the point I was making is a lot of classes got buffs they didn’t even need and were no where close to the poor state warrior was in pre patch.

It may not be 80% but I can guarantee its more than 30% and I think these changes don’t even put us back to where we were before the adrin, crit, might, 100b,and axe nerfs. Becasue we gained buffs but we also gained nerfs while receiving buffs.

I never complained. I stated truth even if it was exaggerated.

“Just press 2 to win all the dps was us cuz we’re a
warrior and we’re the best class” Eugene

(edited by Warlord.9074)

in Warrior

Posted by: NikeEU.7690

NikeEU.7690

’cause non-PS build will still do more damage than a PS build in a solo scenario. Or if you have two warriors in a dungeon group and one is already using PS.

Strength – Restorative Strength / Forceful Greatsword / Berserker’s power
Arms – Signet Mastery / Deep Strike / Dual Wielding
Discipline – Warrior’s Sprint / DoTE / Heightened Focus

I’m not entirely sure on sigil choices or on optimal food yet. We should easily hit 100% crit chance with signet mastery so I could see sigil of strength becoming a thing, or it could stay sigil of night and sigil of force.

Runes will probably be strength and zerker armor as always.

Greatsword / AxeMace

As for skills. Signet of Might might replace signet of fury, but not sure on that. Only speculation.

This suggested build isn’t going to work. I suggest you go to the indestructible golem and test your dps rotations on it. You will see that you dont even come close to maintaining 100% Berserker’s Power uptime. Either need Furious or Burst Mastery if you want it at 100%, and believe me, you do.

edit: not trying to be mean and shoot you down, just pointing out that theorycraft is sometimes more than “pick the highest dps looking traits and go.”

What about signet mastery and popping SoF for the full adrenaline?

If the new healing surge (shout skill) doesn’t have a cast time, could use that as well for another full bar of adrenaline. Would actually require using most of the warrior skills for once.

The quickness from heightened focus will also help after using your signet/heal skill for the initial adrenaline, the 2x attack speed will help you build it from there.

Are you sure all of these combined things are not enough to keep your adrenaline buildup in line with berserker’s power?

Other than that, it’s hard for me to really test without the patch going live. I don’t have a stopwatch on me, and I can’t test the changes which I feel will help to build adrenaline without sacrificing a damage based trait.

The new Healing Surge will have the same cast time I believe. There is no doubt you can start the fight with Berserker’s Power up due to SoF or HS, but you won’t be able to refill your adrenaline in 8 seconds without Burst Mastery or Furious. I would recommend Furious because Heightened Focus is a bigger DPS gain than Dual Wielding.

@warlord I do not believe that Discipline will be useful in group scenarios for warriors. The Fast Hands rotation is worth approximately 3 stacks more vuln compared to pure greatsword which is entirely made up (and then some) by the Guardian buffs. Additionally, elementalists and Thief will continue to provide their usual Vuln capabilities. The extra Regeneration from the Banner trait would be significant if Guardian Mace was not becoming their meta weapon. Lastly the Arms traits, except at the Master level, are superior to the Discipline traits except for Fast Hands. I have been a proponent of Fast Hands builds for a while due to superior vuln capabilities, but taking a wide view of the patch and seeing how all the buffs and nerfs interact makes it pretty clear that it is unneeded at this point.

[DnT]::Nike::
www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt

in Warrior

Posted by: Ozzrel.9825

Ozzrel.9825

The new Healing Surge will have the same cast time I believe.

Shout with a cast time? That will be new.

in Warrior

Posted by: Goldenrevolver.4371

Goldenrevolver.4371

Shout with a cast time? That will be new.

rangers “guard” has a cast time (which will be removed tomorrow) and all reaper shouts will have a cast time

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in Warrior

Posted by: Flea Exercise.5098

Flea Exercise.5098

The whole point of heal skills is that they can be interrupted. I guess an instant cast heal would be hella OP in the holy grail mode. AFAIK, there is no such skill in game (mesmer mantra is instant when you use up charges but then again you need to recharge it, so…)

[ZDs]

in Warrior

Posted by: Larynx.2453

Larynx.2453

The whole point of heal skills is that they can be interrupted. I guess an instant cast heal would be hella OP in the holy grail mode. AFAIK, there is no such skill in game (mesmer mantra is instant when you use up charges but then again you need to recharge it, so…)

Withdraw is instant

in Warrior

Posted by: Kagamiku.9731

Kagamiku.9731

Healing Signet doesn’t need to be activated at all. That’s not really any different. Guardians heal can be interrupted, but only with unblockable CC.

in Warrior

maha.7902

Right. But you are the person who flames the esport scene in gw2 allthough you never have been part of it nor you ever will be. And that makes you look pretty salty and Not better than plebs hating the pve scene

enough said.

i flame it because i find it hilarious that a company would try to establish an esport in their game and then decide "you know what, lets give our pvp almost zero support with barely any new maps besides one that is almost unanimously despised (lolhammer), no new game modes, and basically zero balance changes because stagnant metas are apparently how you make an esport.

and then the icing on the cake being that random boobcam streamers get more views than official gw2 tournaments.

not even salty bro, i just find it hilarious how a company can mismanage their game so hard and still think they can get a serious competitive scene going – and then the few balance changes they make are all revolving around this game mode when like 99% of gw2 players are pve’ers and wvw’ers, which they should be balancing more around instead since it’s catering to their majority. but apparently catering to the majority is irrelevant when all you have on your mind is e$ports, rofl.

in Warrior

Posted by: JVJD.4912

JVJD.4912

hello my frands me have 40:60 win ratio in esports mode cofp1 need helpp

actually this discussion is easy to solve.
The goal in PvE-content is to finish the content, which you can reach with every gear / build you want
The goal in PvP is to win the game, where your chances to win are directly connected with your build.

if you consider tpvp esports macthes and pve records you have to run meta builds in both parts to be successful.

I always love the discussion between PvP randoms claiming pve so ez allthough they even didn’t finish a single arah run and salty Pve players jealous about not beeing esport knowing there are maybe better players around in a mode they can’t compete with

shake hands my frands and take a brinch of salt throw it in each others eyes

Nope pvp/pve is all about teamwork , how strong that teamwork is determines if you succeed or not, build will always be secondary in any format of the game in any game like its always been gear/buffs/stats/talent etc is nothing and meaningless if you do not have a strong social group
Esport players are not strangers or pug members to one another they have been playing together maybe for years and its that bond what makes them stronger, this is an MMORPG after all

in Warrior

Posted by: dominik.9721

dominik.9721

You are limited to your builds. This applies for pvp and for pve.
neither you can take and hold records in pve with weird builds and soldier gear nor you can win important tournements in pvp if you run crappy non meta builds.

I have never said that builds are the most important thing you need and teamwork would be unnecessary. But the current discussion was about builds.
so your comment is pretty useless

Grimkram [sS]

(edited by dominik.9721)

in Warrior

maha.7902

well warrior damage definitely feels way better post-patch

in Warrior

Posted by: Harper.4173