Night's OP Rifle Warrior (Updated New Video)

in Warrior

Posted by: Night Sentry.3902

Night Sentry.3902

December 14, 2013

6 Months ago I brought you Mace/GS warrior before the Mace buff. Back when mace was considered the most useless weapon. Now thanks to Crack shot being moved to Adept, I bring you Rifle/GS warrior!

*Access to Crack Shot and Forceful Great Sword (previously you had to choose unless you went 30 in Arms)

*Use of the new Spiked Armor buff (with warrior’s high health pool and only 10 sec cooldown this is the trait to have!)

*Constant damage at distance, great burst from both weapon sets at any range! (No longer do you have to look stupid slicing air while being kited. Maintain damage on running targets and stealth targets with rifle volley. Kill shot for those pesky thieves)

*GS is a warrior’s best friend! (High mobility allows you to pick your fights! Be BOLD as a warrior should, rush into a blob, kill those that deserve to die, and deny your enemy any satisfaction!)

Will this be the new Meta? Will we be able to harvest those oh so sweet tears from the other classes? Let’s hope so!

Link to Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-5LXi0wjJs

December 21, 2013

New Video Uploaded. Extra footage of gameplay. Fooling around in WvW.

Link to Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjGEQzUq7oQ

Happy Holidays!

P.S Thanks to Wilson for the duels, cool guy. Wish I could include some of our fights as warrior vs warrior. However, upon reviewing it my commentary on that was far less than brilliant. Please check out his video here : https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/warrior/Wilson-Claus-is-coming-to-Town-Video/first#post3385081 for some holiday cheers!

(edited by Night Sentry.3902)

in Warrior

Posted by: iNyCkz.9752

iNyCkz.9752

Great video, very entertaining, can’t wait to try it out

in Warrior

Posted by: Keiel.7489

Keiel.7489

Really really good commentary on the 2nd part. Lol.

[DONE]

in Warrior

Posted by: ens.9854

ens.9854

Nice, like you said I used to run this with 30 arms, but it totally slipped by me that it got improved!

Nice vid too, homeboy!

in Warrior

Posted by: pantsforbirds.9032

pantsforbirds.9032

Awesome video. I would probably be tempted to run knights armor with zerker and some cav trinkets though. I think soldiers is just a little too much survivability for me, but that’s something everyone needs to figure out themselves.

I like that you actually commentate your videos, and I’ll be looking forward to the next one!

Thief: Rand x Al Thor | Mesmer: Egwene x Alvere
Dragonbrand |Twitch: twitch.tv/pantsforbirds

in Warrior

Night Sentry.3902

Awesome video. I would probably be tempted to run knights armor with zerker and some cav trinkets though. I think soldiers is just a little too much survivability for me, but that’s something everyone needs to figure out themselves.

I like that you actually commentate your videos, and I’ll be looking forward to the next one!

Hey! yeah, there are definitely a lot of room for improvement in terms of gear, don’t really have enough time to farm the money for another set. But yeah, would be great if someone could optimize the gear/rune choices

in Warrior

Posted by: Anonymouse.4760

Anonymouse.4760

Nice vid man, did a really nice job showcasing how the build should be played, and the commentary was great — home boy.

but the highlight for me is the part where Mez You Up is dead at 3:49

Katsumi

in Warrior

Posted by: Brutal Arts.6307

Brutal Arts.6307

That is some excellent commentary.

You have gotten what you paid for, all that remains is biweekly gemshop pushing.

in Warrior

Posted by: Flintbrow.7985

Flintbrow.7985

Make more vids please.

Neenu Waffler-Warrior for what once was the Toast-

in Warrior

Posted by: iBlasiannn.4279

iBlasiannn.4279

Great Video bro! Not many videos have commentary that breakdown playstyle and how the build should be played. It’s great that you do that and can really benefit other players including myself. Make MOAR pls. Thanks

Februaryy – That one thief on Blackgate
Januarry – I play Ele sometimes because I hate my existence
[oPP] – Over Powered People

in Warrior

Posted by: Super Wilson.7408

Super Wilson.7408

OH NO!!!! I saw a Wilson get kill shotted at very end of this…. NOOOOO WILSON DOWN ROFL!

in Warrior

Posted by: RoyalCrysis.1065

RoyalCrysis.1065

Pretty sweet video man, but I think I’m going to stick with my GS/LB build. I ran with the rifle and it was powerful but I just prefer the feel of the LB

Zoren – BG – GoF

in Warrior

Posted by: Pointy.9308

Pointy.9308

I hope it will not become meta because I have been using my version of rifle + GS build for more than half a year and the fact that not many people runs gs or rifle or both in WWW makes me quiet unique. I like that and I hate meta so kitten much.

in Warrior

Posted by: kyubi.3620

kyubi.3620

This is the build ive always ran on my warrior to be honest. So yea the guy who made that vid is utherly right.

Crystal Desert, The Darknest Community P.E.T.A.
BM: I want to present you my lovely jingle bear mia
If pet had voices: Mommy, I did it! :3

in Warrior

Posted by: Poxheart.2845

Poxheart.2845

OH NO!!!! I saw a Wilson get kill shotted at very end of this…. NOOOOO WILSON DOWN ROFL!

That was my favorite part of the video!

Poxheart
Knights of the WhiteWolf

in Warrior

Posted by: Dristig.9678

Dristig.9678

In the Thief duel how are you keeping target when he stealths? Or are you using a key bind to pick him up really fast?

in Warrior

Night Sentry.3902

In the Thief duel how are you keeping target when he stealths? Or are you using a key bind to pick him up really fast?

I don’t keep target, I just attack in the direction that i think he is. I have a thief also, so I kinda know their habits and what they like to do when they stealth. Also if you keep cripple on them, you can pretty much assume they’re not far from where they were last seen. So point your camera at their general direction, and hit tab when they appear to lock on and then punish that prick! :P

UPDATE Help Wanted : Thanks to everyone who watched the video, your kind comments really encouraged me to make another video! For the next video I need the help of 3 charr warriors from Blackgate Server, who will be able to look exactly like me in terms of armor. (Hopefully a some what black charr, I have most of the popular armor sets so we can work something out if you don’t have what I have in my last video.) Hopefully to begin recording by Wednesday. Please send me a mail in game, or post here if you are interested.

in Warrior

Posted by: teg.1340

teg.1340

DAT TREES !!!11 ^^^^^^^^^

in Warrior

Night Sentry.3902

December 21, 2013

New Video Uploaded. Extra footage of gameplay. Fooling around in WvW.
Link to Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjGEQzUq7oQ

Happy Holidays!

P.S Thanks to Wilson for the duels, cool guy. Wish I could include some of our fights as warrior vs warrior. However, upon reviewing it my commentary on that was far less than brilliant. Please check out his video here : https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/warrior/Wilson-Claus-is-coming-to-Town-Video/first#post3385081 for some holiday cheers! :P

in Warrior

Posted by: Myzaky.4962

Myzaky.4962

I keep saying to myself that Rifle is the worst weapon ever, and indeed it is, but somehow you video is making me want to make a rifle/gs build lol… good work!

in Warrior

Posted by: Kabuki.9103

Kabuki.9103

You make warrior look fun! I’m gonna try this out.

What do you think about Cleansing Ire instead of Last Stand for condition removal?

in Warrior

Night Sentry.3902

Myzaky: Haha I’m glad I almost changed your mind :P But yeah, I like weapons that are at first deemed not useful and making them viable. Mace was great, it was fun being one of the few warrior running it back in the day. But it seems like people caught on to rifle pretty early.

Kabuki: I assume by last stand you mean Balance stance? You bring up a valid point, this build’s weakness is a heavy condition user, melendru + lemongrass only goes so far. However, problem with cleansing ire is the f1 has to hit to work. It’s great for axes, hammers, longbows, swords and maces, but kill shot is hard to land and gs f1 is uh… yeah. Most of the time I rather keep full bar of adrenaline for adrenal health.

in Warrior

Posted by: Kabuki.9103

Kabuki.9103

Myzaky: Haha I’m glad I almost changed your mind :P But yeah, I like weapons that are at first deemed not useful and making them viable. Mace was great, it was fun being one of the few warrior running it back in the day. But it seems like people caught on to rifle pretty early.

Kabuki: I assume by last stand you mean Balance stance? You bring up a valid point, this build’s weakness is a heavy condition user, melendru + lemongrass only goes so far. However, problem with cleansing ire is the f1 has to hit to work. It’s great for axes, hammers, longbows, swords and maces, but kill shot is hard to land and gs f1 is uh… yeah. Most of the time I rather keep full bar of adrenaline for adrenal health.

Thanks for the response!

Having fun with a full set of knight’s/zerk jewelry/melandru runes and most importantly, 32c pop gun skin! A lot more in your face than the S/S/LB condition build I was trying out.

in Warrior

Posted by: ixl.7190

ixl.7190

Hello I am I X I from [ICoa] on Blackgate. Usually I am a zerg surfing 100% PVT Hammer/Sword+Warhorn 10-0-30-30-0 1-key-spamming ultra-bad, but a few months back I ascended my Greatsaw and wanted to see what it was like to actually be able to kill people.

For the benefit of the discussion, here is my guide I threw up onto my guild forums back in October. I’m not trying to hijack your thread, even though this is from the pre-Dec 10 Era, I think some of my talk on skills and gear choices add value to your topic. Weapon Sigils have been changed to Battle on both. Swapping in Berserker ammy and back vs Soldiers, still undecided on what I like better. I feel it depends on the enviornment and how many others I am with, If I am 5-man bloodlusting, Zerker. If I am soloing, the extra tankiness from Soldiers in those slots helps me stay alive a little longer before I inevitably GS3 myself off a cliff mid-fight, once again stealing defeat from the jaws of victory… because i’m terrible. I’m sure the JQ roamers find it hilarious. Crack Shot moving was a huge win for build diversity, buffing half of our weapon skills for 10 talent points leaving Warriors with increased options for our remaining 60. Being able to drop 5 trait points in Arms pays for this build to have 15 in Discipline, and the versatility gain from faster swapping is a massive boon.

http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=-s;4NK-C-g4oKVQ0;9;49TJ-90;026917;22;0W-F7-3H76TsW6TsWc-FW0-T6-V_u7wV1X6Y9ZH4M50i-H-2i;9;9;9;9;9;9;14-6s

First of all, you should be playing a hammer warrior.

Now that that has been settled, this is my build I have been toying around with for small teams/bloodlust, as well as times when I want to kill things, or just want an excuse to make everyone (who has their game sound on) cry with my Greatsaw. This build is still a work in progress, but I was asked to post it on our forums, so here we go. Also, play a hammer warrior.

The basic idea of this build is tanky dps. My initial “want” list included 20% off of all weapon/skill cooldowns, high survivability, high mobility, and good damage at all ranges. Much of my inspiration came from the “Nightmare” roaming build ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poU1wg3wU2U ). The main differences between that build and this one are survivability vs crit dmg, and weapon choice. My build needs more toughness/sustain if I am going to be able to frontline with the other heavies. As far as damage goes, I can still burst crit out 10k+ damage with Kill Shot or Hundred Blades, and normal hits should still be in the 750-3k range, depending on target and RNG. Therefore, play a hammer warrior.

(edited by ixl.7190)

in Warrior

ixl.7190

Weapons:
Greatsword- I spent the first 3 months of the game never using the “noob-cannon” that is GS. I leveled and spent most of my time since beta using axe+warhorn/rifle (<3 Taugrim). Greatsword, in this build, is chosen almost completely for the mobility skills, although it is quite the wrecking ball of damage, also. Skill 1 does decent damage. Hundred Blades is of questionable usefullness at this point, most decent players will know how to get out of it, but it is still viable for doors, snared players, bursting downed enemies, and in the chaos of large zerg fighting. Also note that it can be a good way deny a location, or get an enemy off of a downed ally. Whirlwind, on the other hand, is a great way to move quickly, crash through enemy formations, punish enemies against a wall, and does include a 3/4 second evade. Bladetrail, a great follow-up to Whirlwind, is a ranged boomerang-style cripple. Rush is great for movement, both in combat and out.

Rifle- Why Rifle instead of Longbow? Longbow is a great weapon for AoE and condition builds, but in 1v1 combat, I find the Rifle to be faster and better suited. Rifle 1 is a nice way to keep bleed pressure on the enemy, and quickly reapply bleeds for the 10% damage buff gained at 25 in Arms. Aimed shot gives me a very low CD cripple. Volley is the star of the show for bursting down enemies or finishing off running foes, consistently doing between 3k and 7k damage. Brutal Shot is fairly lackluster, although 8 stacks of vulnerability in one attack is quite handy. Rifle Butt is a main reason for taking rifle, as knockback is very powerfull for area denial or creating breathing room (let alone a hilarious suprise for anyone who gets too close to a cliff edge or similar terrain feature).

Both weapons are currently Berserker stats with Superior Sigil of Hydromancy, as a free AoE chill on weapon swap is fantastic for keeping my enemies in range and slowed (currently looking at swapping to Superior Sigil of Doom for a free poison on attack after each weapon swap).

Other Gear: Knights armor with Superior Runes of Melandru, for toughness and CC/Condition removal. PVT neck and back, Cavalier Rings, Berserker Earrings round out the stats to where I want them. Poultry Lemongrass Soup for Dogged March/Melandru synergy, Superior Sharpening Stones for increased Power. Currently adding in +5 power and +5 toughness WvW infusions where appropriate.

Talents:
Strength (10): These points are variable, at times I go up to 20 here for Physical Training. In WvW I find Death From Above to be quite usefull, both for survival while travelling or escaping, as well as tower defense (disrupting sieges by jumping off of the wall, then evading back inside). AoE dmg on dodge is also a nice way to keep pressure on in small fights or to damage enemies when zergs clash while evading.
Arms (30): Bleeds are really a harrassment tactic in this build, as well as providing a 10% dmg buff. +50% Bleed duration ensures that even against people using -condition duration, my bleeds will keep a decent uptime. The other two talents chosen reduce my cooldowns of all weapons by 20%, also granting a few stacks of might (negligible), as well as piercing shots from my rifle (huge in choke points and too many other situations to name). Watching a 5-10k kill shot pierce through a zerg never gets old.
Defense (20): Dogged March is vital to this build, and Adrenal Health is a nice supplement to Healing Signet. The 20pt skill can vary based on situation, but Last Stand is always a safe choice for a clutch Stability when needed.
Tactics (0): Many usefull skills here, unfortunately, there are just never enough points to go around.
Discipline (10): Another variable trait, when using Warbanner, this will be Warriors Sprint, to keep movement speed up. If solo roaming or not using Warbanner, then Signet Mastery would swap in to reduce the CD on Signet of Rage and others.

Heal: Signet+high armor=OP as all hell. Add in Adrenal Health and the regen from Dogged March, and a warrior can take a ridiculous amount of abuse.
Utility 1: FGJ! if there is no one granting me fury, Signet of Might if I can leech some fury off of others. Being unblockable goes a long way versus guardians and some other builds, and 180 power is always worth having.
Utility 2: I take endure Pain because sometimes bad things happen to good people. This slot can easily switch into Balanced Stance or Dolyak Signet, or generally anything more usefull.
Utility 3: Bull’s Charge is the ultimate gap closer+knockdown, this does not leave the bar.
Elite: Although Signet of Rage is amazing, Warbanner is just unbelievably powerfull in a pvp setting. Whether used to banner rez a lord, commander, or roaming partner, this is a must have skill in any warrior build in WvW. Game changer.

(edited by ixl.7190)

in Warrior

Posted by: ProxyDamage.9826

ProxyDamage.9826

December 14, 2013

6 Months ago I brought you Mace/GS warrior before the Mace buff. Back when mace was considered the most useless weapon.

Before Mace buff? Meaning, back when mace was a useless pile of trash? Wasn’t that before CI and the Healing Signet buff? I.e.: Back when Warrior had practically no sustain, and Mace/GS was , in fact, a pile of kitten?

That’s what you’re bragging about? Ok then…

As for the build, it doesn’t make any sense to be perfectly honest.

First of all, why rifle? Longbow outperforms it in just about every sense except standing on walls taking pot-shots with killshot…. And even then Longbow is better for siege fighting due to both AoEs vs. rifle’s none. Longbow gives you better control, and better burst (not to mention more reliable) at the trade of some sustained DPS and some range… Given that it also has the single best synergy with Cleansing Ire, it’s pretty much the weapon of choice for ranged warriors these days for good reason.

Second, frenzy? Really? The Bull’s Charge > frenzy > HB gimmick was already a pile of feces back when quickness gave you the unnerfed 100% speed, now that that’s halved it’s essentially suicide.

But let’s accept the build as is and look into traits:

Why 30 points in defense when you take practically nothing of significant defensive value?

Dogged March is incredibly overrated, but you ARE running runes of melandru, so, sod it. Let’s go with that.

The real crime comes next: Balanced stance over Cleansing Ire…For what? Spiked Armor as a Grandmaster trait…

There aren’t enough words in the world to explain how… atrocious… that choice is… To put it in basic terms: You have 0 condition cleansing. You’re taking an absolutely crap trait (Spiked Armor), that only has a minor use against power builds and an “auto-stability” vs. ANY condition removal. One good condition build and you are dead. No ifs, you can’t clean anything.

And what about zergs? You can take single-target pot shots!

It’s not utterly useless… But… If this is your “OP”, boy there is a LOT of OP stuff out there!

in Warrior

Night Sentry.3902

ProxyDamage : Yes back before healing signet, when skull crack was 2 seconds (3 with sigil) Back when everyone cried that warrior was a “stinking pile of kitten.” There were warriors out there, (and I’m proud to have been one of them) who made the best of the class, and dominated with mace.

Longbow vs Rifle has been a topic debated long and hard. I do not have time to discuss it here. I would concur that longbow is the best option in spvp where people don’t run and you can pretty much stay inside your fire field, however in wvw, small gang fights, rifle is the better choice. That being said I can guarantee you in wvw, Rifle/GS will dominate LB/GS. Fight me and i’ll prove it to you .

Issue with Cleansing Ire was already discussed. Would help if you would read what other people have asked.

In regards to zergs, this is not a zerg build. Zerg vs Zerg I could be half dumb with my dumb up my kitten and still win if my zerg is bigger than the other.

Edit* Also there are things you just gotta figure out on your own. I can’t hold your hand through everything, for instance if you are fighting an enemy with heavy condition, you can always switch Dolyak to Stamina.

in Warrior

ixl.7190

First of all, why rifle? Longbow outperforms it in just about every sense except standing on walls taking pot-shots with killshot…. And even then Longbow is better for siege fighting due to both AoEs vs. rifle’s none. Longbow gives you better control, and better burst (not to mention more reliable) at the trade of some sustained DPS and some range… Given that it also has the single best synergy with Cleansing Ire, it’s pretty much the weapon of choice for ranged warriors these days for good reason.

Second, frenzy? Really? The Bull’s Charge > frenzy > HB gimmick was already a pile of feces back when quickness gave you the unnerfed 100% speed, now that that’s halved it’s essentially suicide.

Why 30 points in defense when you take practically nothing of significant defensive value?

The real crime comes next: Balanced stance over Cleansing Ire…For what? Spiked Armor as a Grandmaster trait…

There aren’t enough words in the world to explain how… atrocious… that choice is… To put it in basic terms: You have 0 condition cleansing. You’re taking an absolutely crap trait (Spiked Armor), that only has a minor use against power builds and an “auto-stability” vs. ANY condition removal. One good condition build and you are dead. No ifs, you can’t clean anything.

And what about zergs? You can take single-target pot shots!

It’s not utterly useless… But… If this is your “OP”, boy there is a LOT of OP stuff out there!

Rifle has the advantage for this build because the 3 skill tracks its target. With the longbow, you get a slow aerial bomb for this primary damage attack. By taking Rifle, you lose out on point defense and potshotting into large fights, but you gain the ability to reliably hit with your biggest skill while running and chasing a moving target at 1000+ range. Pin down is nice, but Aimed Shot can cripple 3 times while it is on cooldown. Burst skill tracks as well, and does its damage in one piercing hit vs over time.

I mostly agree on frenzy, there are better choices. It can be used to speed up a spike or rez or HB or Kill Shot, so it comes down to your timing. Spiked Armor helps keep some pressure on enemies, and comes with 100 toughness and 200 power from the trait points alone, although, as I said my post, I am usually putting 10 points into strength for 100 power, dodge roll AoE damage, and Blast/Launch anytime I take fall damage+lowered fall damage.

Not having Cleansing Ire and investing in overall duration reduction and/or dependence on allies for clearing long duration conditions is a defining part of this build. This choice removes dependence on other weapons, freeing us up to use GS and Rifle. Every build has a weakness.

In large scale fights, you have many damaging attacks that hit multiple targets, like whirlwind (evades as bonus) and Blade Trail. All Rifle shots pierce. You are extremely tough with superior health regeneration, and can stroll around and do whatever you want. Getting bags is not an issue. With 5 of these warriors partied in a zerg, you could reliably drop almost any commander in a few seconds with focused fire. Zerkers can do it faster, but are too fragile to walk confidently through a large melee, slashing in wide arcs and spiking downed.

This build, at its core, focuses on having better average damage, toughness, movement, and health replenishment, with bold, decisive multi-hit attacks that don’t miss. It has 3k-3.4k armor, 20k Health, almost completely melts away conditions, snares, and roots from all but the most specialized enemies. Even when encountering someone built for condition duration, in a 1v1 fight, I can honestly tell you, I have the 10-20 seconds it takes them to get me to half health to drop them or start running, and if I decide to “rejoin my zerg”, they will not be able to catch me. Using Shake it Off as an extra stun break and emergency cleanse instead of Frenzy isn’t a bad idea.

in Warrior

Posted by: iBlasiannn.4279

iBlasiannn.4279

Omg that added gameplay video is so funny, keep the vids coming bro

Februaryy – That one thief on Blackgate
Januarry – I play Ele sometimes because I hate my existence
[oPP] – Over Powered People

in Warrior

Posted by: Myzaky.4962

Myzaky.4962

You didn’t changed my mind but I’m definitely going to make that build, the sad part is my “new” warrior is only lvl 60 ;/ long road till i get all the items and runes :c

Keep the videos coming